PDA

View Full Version : Limerick

De Town
21/08/2009, 2:17 PM
Anyone going? Hopefully we'll get something from it, its about time we close further on Athlone!

spaceghost
21/08/2009, 8:22 PM
two up . go on the town,the new gaffer seems to be putting a bit of fire back in our bellies

De Town
21/08/2009, 8:23 PM
3-0 up, Murph with the 1st and Lynchy with another 2!:)

De Town
21/08/2009, 8:26 PM
Make that 4-0, Lynchy gets his hattrick!

bluewhitearmy
21/08/2009, 10:30 PM
Well done lads thought us a lesson tonight.

Martinho II
22/08/2009, 7:48 PM
I was at the game last night. Town werent great in the first half it was all Limerick. The game changed on adrian murphys side footer of a shot inside the box coming up to half time.The second half it was practically all us. Liam Lynch is a person reborn again. A shot cannoned off the limerick goalie and Lynchy couldnt miss. He then hit a sublime lob over the goalie and his last goal was a brilliant header over dave ryan in goal..

Its the third season that a town player has scored a hattrick. The only players to have scored a town hatrick since we joined the league of ireland are Fran Hitchcock 86-87 season, Declan Hardy 94-95 season,Dessie Baker 2004 season,Andy Myler 2005 season,Dave Mooney 2007 season and Darren McKenna for 2008 season.

I also heard last night that Dara Concannon was let go which was a pity as he was a good little player. Theres talk of Liam Lynch at the end of the season going too which I hope will not happen. RonnieB you will have to have a word with Lynchy about stayin!

De Town
22/08/2009, 7:51 PM
Where's Lynchy supposed to be off to? Concannon's no real loss IMO.

osarusan
22/08/2009, 7:54 PM
I was at the game last night. Town werent great in the first half it was all Limerick.
Agreed.

The second half it was practically all us.
Agreed.

He then hit a sublime lob over the goalie
Agreed. This was the second, not the third though, I think.

his last goal was a brilliant header over dave ryan in goal..

It was an obvious own goal. As the keeper went to catch it, a Limerick defender glanced it past him.

I actually thought ye were poor enough, until the first goal. It just embarrassing for us after that.

Longfordian
22/08/2009, 8:17 PM

Saw next to nothing of Concannon to form an opinion but I was actually curious as to whether he was still around or not. It was on extratime last week that it was Lynch's "dream move" to sign for Galway United though I think the reporter may have been indulging in a bit of tabloid-ese as there was no quotes to that effect and it doesn't sound like something any LOI footballer would say. Handy yes, "dream move", no.

Martinho II
22/08/2009, 8:45 PM

I heard lynchy could be headin back to Ballinasloe this is from a fierce reliable source that was at the game last nite with me but I dont want to name him at all tbh

Martinho II
22/08/2009, 8:48 PM
Agreed.

Agreed.

Agreed. This was the second, not the third though, I think.

It was an obvious own goal. As the keeper went to catch it, a Limerick defender glanced it past him.

I actually thought ye were poor enough, until the first goal. It just embarrassing for us after that.

my mistake you are dead right that it was the second goal.. saw it on your forum! I got myself carried away there!

Longfordian
22/08/2009, 8:59 PM
I heard lynchy could be headin back to Ballinasloe this is from a fierce reliable source that was at the game last nite with me but I dont want to name him at all tbh

Don't know the lad and more particularly don't know if he's getting money or not but surely he'd prefer to be playing LOI than Connacht Senior League or whatever Ballinasloe play, especially seeing as he he's been making a bit of a name for himself lately?.

Massop 10
23/08/2009, 3:09 PM
If Lynch has any sort of ambition he is not going to go back to Ballinasloe !!!! From what I have seen of him this season it will be up a division he will go not down 2 or 3 leagues ! He has ability and knows were the goal is. I have also been told by coaches in roscommon that he had always been seen as an up and coming talent around the area !

Martinho II
23/08/2009, 6:14 PM
well I hope Ronnieb has a word in his ear about stayin as hes turned out to be a gem of a signing by the departed Alan Gough..

RonnieB
24/08/2009, 8:47 AM
Ballinasloe play in the Roscommon and District league. Would be surprised if he did go back playing with them.