PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 10

longfordjames
20/08/2009, 9:16 PM
The Premier should be included.

Keep all things FIFA10 in here.

Look what i just found out (New Feature):

Use select or back button to spawn the practice arena menu.
Select create new set piece.
From corner to corner around the box you have 8 zones to choose from.
The 2 by each corner represent free kicks and corner kicks in that area.
Using the right stick you can select any player from your team.
Using left stick you can move that player to a starting position.
Using B or Circle you start recording and move the player to follow a path.
Repeat for as many players on your team as you'd like.
Test or edit it.
Save it to a d-pad direction. You can have 4 set pieces per zone.
You can then trigger any of the 4 set pieces in that zone during the game during a set piece/corner.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/b8ff6c42116586/

Few New Screenshots:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/44ebdd42116595/

http://www.imagebam.com/image/ec3a8542116599/

http://www.imagebam.com/image/b31ae342116695

Umberside
21/08/2009, 5:01 PM
One big problem with FIFA is that there is no FAI Cup in it.

ped_ped
21/08/2009, 10:02 PM
This.

Although with only the Premier it'd start just before the quarter finals?

Kildare Lad
21/08/2009, 10:36 PM
Dont mind no FAI cup so much, but the fact you cant get LoI teams into europe is annoying.

ped_ped
22/08/2009, 1:16 AM
Yeah that was what ****ed me off the most :( Do you think it'll be remedied in '10?

Dunny
22/08/2009, 1:20 AM
Jaysus, ye are complaining we have no cup in it? Very lucky to have the league in it at all.

MeathDrog
22/08/2009, 1:21 AM
How can you have an FAI Cup with 10 teams?

gilberto_eire
22/08/2009, 4:01 AM
More importantly.... Who still plays off-line with these next gen consoles?! :confused:(i.e why does it matter the cups aren't in it)

Kildare Lad
22/08/2009, 11:36 AM
More importantly.... Who still plays off-line with these next gen consoles?! :confused:(i.e why does it matter the cups aren't in it)

My broadband connection is rarely strong enough to play online without it stopping every few seconds:(

Umberside
22/08/2009, 11:38 AM
I never play online, just do Manager Mode.

ped_ped
22/08/2009, 12:21 PM
More importantly.... Who still plays off-line with these next gen consoles?! :confused:

Any number of people? Why would offline modes be included otherwise?

gilberto_eire
22/08/2009, 4:13 PM
Any number of people? Why would offline modes be included otherwise?

For people without internet connections..... which anyone posting here should have :confused:.... they'll start to phase them out over the next few years..... can't see what fun I'd get beating the computer(these days) when I can just play another person instead.

ped_ped
22/08/2009, 5:38 PM
For people without internet connections..... which anyone posting here should have :confused:.... they'll start to phase them out over the next few years..... can't see what fun I'd get beating the computer(these days) when I can just play another person instead.

I play manager mode and multiplayer using the two controllers I have. Online isn't the only multiplayer.

Boo_Boy
22/08/2009, 5:40 PM
But it's the best ;).

I know people who play first person shooters offline, now that's bad.

MeathDrog
22/08/2009, 7:16 PM
But it's the best ;).

I know people who play first person shooters offline, now that's bad.
All down to opinion. Manager mode would be my priority when I'm playing FIFA. Online is flawed and unless EA make vast improvements for FIFA 10 in their online play then manager mode will still be my favourite part of the game.

gilberto_eire
22/08/2009, 8:56 PM
All down to opinion. Manager mode would be my priority when I'm playing FIFA. Online is flawed and unless EA make vast improvements for FIFA 10 in their online play then manager mode will still be my favourite part of the game.

How is it flawed exactly?.... the games suffer from zero lag, it's not hard to find a game......:confused:

Some of the improvements i've read for this year's include a dedicated team to deal with cheaters, that's good to hear
Also search options(where you can pick 4 star teams only etc...)

Only things i have a problem with online, are that you can't see the other players profile before you start, i hate playing lads who are crap, i REALLY don't like dishing out beatings. (hoping they'll quit).
Also maybe pre-pick your team and jump into a lobby where you can accept/reject a team to play, awful annoying when you have to constantly QUIT...RE-SEARCH because 90% of players want to pick Man Utd every game.

These problems have nothing to do with the game though, so can't see what flaws you see online?

gilberto_eire
22/08/2009, 9:08 PM
Here's a good list of improvements for this year..

Fifa 10 General Improvements

* 360° dribbling
* Skilled dribbling, holding LB/L1 goes in to a high-res dribbling motion, can be used to take players on.
* Custom Set Pieces, offline and online, online CSPs may be disabled if certain routines and abused online. *edited*
* Training Mode Added with x versus x custom number of players.
* 'Anything goes' practice matches (no referee!)
* Realistic fatigue system, no more 90 minute sprinting!
* Continuous play, less cut-scenes that break up the play, fouls, yellow and red cards etc do not have cut-scenes *edited*
* Realistic weather patterns and night matches
* Ability to do long "rory delap" type throw-ins
* Goal side flat ad boards on the pitch are gone
* Improvements to the advantage rule
* No scoring from kick off
* Graphic improvements, you can see players breath in cold weather, player graphics have been redone and are an improvement on last year
* Goalkeepers can get sent off
* Greatly improved goalkeepers with ability to make double saves
* New nets
* Improved ball physics, ball feels heavier and does not 'float' across the pitch
* Improved player awareness, no more getting in the way of cross field passes
* CPU will perform skill moves
* Can change the freekick taker during the game
* Improved ball control/trapping
* Game speed faster than 08 but slower than 09
* Able to move the wall when defending freekicks
* Improved tackling physics, the player goes for the ball and not through the opponent
* Improved shooting mechanics, two stage, first half of power up controls power and second controls height, possible to drive shots
* Overhaul of animations, all completely new, walking/sprinting with and without the ball, some additional skill animations
* many more goalkeeper animations
* Matches calculated on a minute by minute basis. Guessing that refers to how the AI reacts to your performance.
* Rain and snow are selectable in normal matches
* The EA logo has been toned down on the replays
* Upto 64-player tournaments with all teams user-controlled
* Ability to take quick free-kicks
* The ball will hit the woodwork less frequently
* Goalkeepers can take freekicks
* All stadiums can be played at night and will have weather effects *new*
* Players will look wet when it rains *new*
* Players may get dirty and slide further when it rains (TBC) *new*

Fifa 10 Online Improvements

* Dream team glitch fixed! No more custom teams in ranked games.
* Improved club management settings
* Improved club match making
* New 5v5 mode
* More player stats in Clubs
* Ability to check Club stats online
* Only one "any" player in a team
* Search criteria will be shown on screen during matchmaking
* You will see at the end of every game how many ranking points you earned
* Ability to end online matches in a draw, if both sides agree, 1v1 only
* Fifa Interactive World Cup (I'm guessing like Interactive League) where team stats are equalled similar to Clubs matches.
* Less boosting! Reduced ranking points per match for each match played against the same person.
* "Faster identification and punishment of cheaters" helped by increased stat monitoring.
* New EA Live Team that will monitor and track down cheaters.
* Idle players will be disconnected in 10v10 matches.
* Ability to search for matches based on team star rating *new*

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10-sony-playstation-3-microsoft-xbox-360/743536-complete-list-all-updates.html

MeathDrog
23/08/2009, 12:34 AM
How is it flawed exactly?.... the games suffer from zero lag, it's not hard to find a game......:confused:

Some of the improvements i've read for this year's include a dedicated team to deal with cheaters, that's good to hear
Also search options(where you can pick 4 star teams only etc...)

Only things i have a problem with online, are that you can't see the other players profile before you start, i hate playing lads who are crap, i REALLY don't like dishing out beatings. (hoping they'll quit).
Also maybe pre-pick your team and jump into a lobby where you can accept/reject a team to play, awful annoying when you have to constantly QUIT...RE-SEARCH because 90% of players want to pick Man Utd every game.

These problems have nothing to do with the game though, so can't see what flaws you see online?
You joking? What about the glitch where in BAP a team can pick a World XI for any team, which is effectively cheating.

What about when the game randomly decides that your players can't pass from 3 yards and run as fast as about someone who is about 3 stone overweight? Happens every now and then. Very annoying when it does.

The headset connection is poor too, although that's more EA's fault. Sometimes you can barely hear your mates, or you can hear them but they can't hear you etc.

And what you said, all the boring b*stards who pick Man United and just play through balls to Ronaldo all match.

But that's enough of that. I'm going off topic.