PDA

View Full Version : Grounds you've got sick in

Pages : [1] 2

Da Real Rover
20/08/2009, 2:10 PM
A vital part of every away trip.
Ive been to most grounds in the league and got sick in many towns in Ireland but how many grounds have you actually got sick in out of curiosity?
From what I can recollect,
The Brandywell,
Terryland,
Dalymount.

Dalymount was special as I did hope that the stewards had to clean it up.

RĂ©iteoir
20/08/2009, 2:12 PM
None - as I can actually hold my beer

Face Kicker
20/08/2009, 2:19 PM
Dalymount. The site of the place did it for me!

red bellied
20/08/2009, 2:24 PM
Or maybe grounds you have fallen asleep in. Friend of mine has three grounds to his credit, Showgrounds only natural, Landsdowne Road on cup final day 1994 and Harolds Cross when Pats played there.

Sam_Heggy
20/08/2009, 2:32 PM
To be honest, while I have had a few drinks on away matches, I prefer to be able to enjoy the match rather than it be a blur.

longfordjames
20/08/2009, 2:34 PM
None.

passerrby
20/08/2009, 2:40 PM
cant puke on demand but always try my best in oriel... results help

Mayo Red
20/08/2009, 2:43 PM
The Brandywell,
Terryland,
Dalymount.

That's why MNS fills such an important gap, it helps you recollect the game you attended afterwards!!;):D

dcfcsteve
20/08/2009, 2:55 PM
God help us all when the off-season comes, judging by the downward trend in threads on here of late (incl this one)......!

:)

SkStu
20/08/2009, 3:04 PM
God help us all when the off-season comes, judging by the downward trend in threads on here of late (incl this one)......!

:)

who do ye think ye are? Shakespeare?

;)

OneRedArmy
20/08/2009, 3:09 PM
Brings a whole new meaning to the term "puke football".....

passerrby
20/08/2009, 3:10 PM
who do ye think ye are? Shakespeare?

;)

alas poor roddy I knew him well

Dodge
20/08/2009, 3:11 PM
When I was about 10/11 I got sick in Turner's Cross. game finished 0-0. Not sure why

And despite being disgracefully drunk several times per season, yet to get sick as a result

Hairy Bowsie
20/08/2009, 3:13 PM
Best thread on here in a long time :)

Lissywollen or whatever it's called. It was last season and it was actually down to a bout of Flu and not drink related. Missed a goal because of it too.

Turners Cross, that was very much drink related

Tolka, a few times, some drink related and some because of nerves.

Station Road, this season but i can't remember why :confused:

Think thats it, as you can tell i can't hold my drink too well :)

Magicme
20/08/2009, 3:15 PM
I have never been sick in a ground but did get sick on the doors of the bus as was about to get off near Richmond Park if that counts. I was pregnant with my eldest at the time. Lovely memory.

SkStu
20/08/2009, 3:16 PM
game finished 0-0. Not sure why

maybe because no one scored?

I have puked in Tolka. Pulled a major whitey. And lost my supply in the process.

Rovers1
20/08/2009, 3:45 PM
I know a lad... we'll call him Peterson. When we played Kildare back in the 1st Div, theyear we won the league, he left to go to the toilet about 3 minutes in. He did'nt return until well after half-time.He had the shkites. Think he missed a Micheal McNamara header, and a Paul McT goal.

Infadel
20/08/2009, 3:51 PM
Lucky for us our away section is a complete dump so it doesn't make much of a difference if you get sick or not.

Dunny
20/08/2009, 3:54 PM
Might actually make it look nicer!!

Also luckily enough Mons won't be in Oriel for a while.

passerrby
20/08/2009, 4:12 PM
Lucky for us our away section is a complete dump so it doesn't make much of a difference if you get sick or not.

its not just your away section.

Dillonman
20/08/2009, 5:12 PM

Ye actually have travelling fans?! I got in Utd Park, thats cause i as sick most of the week and not drink related!:D

Rory H
20/08/2009, 6:05 PM
Ive been to most grounds in the league and got sick in many towns in Ireland but how many grounds have you actually got sick in out of curiosity?
The Brandywell,
Terryland,
Dalymount.

I've been sick in the car of two members of this forum after away games. Haven't been sick at a game ye, usually the next morning or after the bus.

I look forward to helping you add to the Carlisle Grounds to your list tommorow.

Mental Man
20/08/2009, 6:30 PM
The sight of Strokestown road where Longford play is enough to make anybody sick, what a kip !!!!!!!

pixiehead
20/08/2009, 7:06 PM
The sight of Strokestown road where Longford play is enough to make anybody sick, what a kip !!!!!!!

When where you there last? :confused:

srfc1928
20/08/2009, 11:34 PM
i was very sick the morning after the bray game last season:o
great night though

DmanDmythDledge
20/08/2009, 11:37 PM
Nowhere. :)

(surprisingly enough actually. I'm disappointed with myself.)

dcfcsteve
20/08/2009, 11:40 PM
Apparently a lot of City fans were sick as a parrot at the Sligo Showgrounds last Saturday...... :)

CF1989
20/08/2009, 11:47 PM
The Brandywell,
Terryland,
Dalymount.

latest for yourself wasnt a football ground, but toffs. to which i stepped in:mad:

Hairy Bowsie
20/08/2009, 11:52 PM
Nowhere. :)

(surprisingly enough actually. I'm disappointed with myself.)

Liar. Cast your mind back to Tolka park about 3/4 years ago, the game which Shels demolished UCD and Joey N'Do scored a peach against you. I was in the bar with you and the Ballybough end with you, there isn't hope in hell you didn't get sick that game. You must have been only 16 at the time.

celticV3
20/08/2009, 11:53 PM
latest for yourself wasnt a football ground, but toffs. to which i stepped in:mad:
Surprisingly that wasn't his regurgitated chips on the ground.

Also Real Rover I think you were sick up in Richmond aswell, just after the fire alarm incident but before the half hour pi$$ incident. I'll check my cctv footage:D

DmanDmythDledge
20/08/2009, 11:56 PM
Liar. Cast your mind back to Tolka park about 3/4 years ago, the game which Shels demolished UCD and Joey N'Do scored a peach against you. I was in the bar with you and the Ballybough end with you, there isn't hope in hell you didn't get sick that game. You must have been only 16 at the time.
:D:D:D

I actually didn't get sick. I was a bit of a lightweight then so I would have had to have been even more drunk than I was that night to get sick. Now I have to pace my drinking or else I'll get sick before I'm even drunk.

Hairy Bowsie
21/08/2009, 8:39 AM
Fair play if you didn't get sick, i'd have been convinced of it. Don't know what was more entertaining that night, youself locked or Shels performance :D

Macy
21/08/2009, 8:43 AM
I prefer to be able to enjoy the match rather than it be a blur.
I don't know in the first... last time we were down the football seemed much better than now, but that was in my "buckie years"...

Da Real Rover
21/08/2009, 10:55 AM
Also Real Rover I think you were sick up in Richmond aswell, just after the fire alarm incident but before the half hour pi$$ incident. I'll check my cctv footage:D
Aye forgot about that game.
First game of the season last season wasnt it?
Well I can add Richmond to that list anyway.
Hopefully the Carlisle grounds after tonight.
Keep the flag flying boys.

De Town
21/08/2009, 12:43 PM
Brilliant thread, has given me many laughs!:)

Been to nearly every ground and havent been sick yet! Came close in Dalymount but managed to hold it in!

dublinred
21/08/2009, 2:43 PM
Only managed it once in Kilcohen park back in the 80s the cans got warm on the way down.

I think the guy who was sick in 3 different countries on route to Albania this year deserves a special mention.

Rory H
21/08/2009, 9:50 PM
Fair play to Da Real Rover, he added the Carlisle Grounds to his list tonight.Great effort

thesilverfox
21/08/2009, 10:00 PM
this thread makes me feel so so proud to be a sligo rovers fan:D:D

celticV3
21/08/2009, 10:17 PM
Fair play to Da Real Rover, he added the Carlisle Grounds to his list tonight.Great effort
I heard there's an enquiry into it, apparently it was a finger down the throat job and not a natural puke. Disgusting brining the thread and all its stands for into disrepute:mad:

Da Real Rover
22/08/2009, 9:34 AM
I heard there's an enquiry into it, apparently it was a finger down the throat job and not a natural puke. Disgusting brining the thread and all its stands for into disrepute:mad:
Ask R&W Rover to confirm it.
He witnessed the event in all its glory.

celticV3
22/08/2009, 9:50 AM
Ask R&W Rover to confirm it.
He witnessed the event in all its glory.
Again I'll have to say, its the pride in all this that worries me.

Da Real Rover
22/08/2009, 10:00 AM
Again I'll have to say, its the pride in all this that worries me.
BTW we found your foreskin in Bray, but lost it on the Dooley Express.

celticV3
22/08/2009, 10:05 AM
BTW we found your foreskin in Bray, but lost it on the Dooley Express.

Ah well, I'm resigned to never having it back now tbh:(

poster
14/04/2011, 11:34 PM
Any updates on this?

razor
15/04/2011, 7:20 AM
Sounds like the perfect piece for MNS.

SwanVsDalton
15/04/2011, 11:21 AM
Sounds like the perfect piece for MNS.

I can't see how Marks and Spencers could market a product like this to be honest.

Mr A
15/04/2011, 11:34 AM
I can't see how Marks and Spencers could market a product like this to be honest.

"This isn't just Spew, this is Marks and Spencers Spew"

SwanVsDalton
15/04/2011, 12:42 PM
"This isn't just Spew, this is Marks and Spencers Spew"

Yeah suppose, they could use a similar visual to chocolate oozing out of pudding in super slow motion...

peadar1987
15/04/2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah suppose, they could use a similar visual to chocolate oozing out of pudding in super slow motion...

As a complete aside, one of the worst videos I have ever seen on youtube was a compilation of videos of people throwing up, run in reverse. Horrific, but strangely hard to stop watching!

L.T.F.C.
15/04/2011, 11:46 PM
The Brandywell,
Terryland,
Dalymount.

You are the definition of cool.