PDA

View Full Version : Pats v Leicster? with Gazza?

wws
06/02/2004, 1:38 PM
next friday apparently, rumours are goin round

max power
06/02/2004, 1:52 PM
if so, macy are you up for throwing some abuse at adams ?????? get some pratice for mccarthy in the summer....

wws
06/02/2004, 2:00 PM
friendly just been confirmed

gazza thing "in the pipeline"
??

tiktok
06/02/2004, 3:51 PM
don't let them near any of your more talented young players, they have a habit of thieving........

:(

the scout
07/02/2004, 3:45 PM
gazza

apparently he has fallen on really hard times.he now lives in a 1 bedroom flat above a chipper in england somewhere.where are all his good time buddies now??.ive zero pity for him but it just shows how a career can go down the toilet if it is not managed properly.:(

tiktok
07/02/2004, 4:11 PM
the mixed messages i'm hearing are confusing, are Pats talking about signing him for the Leicester friendly to boost attendance, or for the season?

Dodge
09/02/2004, 9:43 AM
Gazza thing totally untrue. Pats weren't looking for him at all. He's big mates with Mickey Adams apparently

tiktok
09/02/2004, 9:50 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
Gazza thing totally untrue. Pats weren't looking for him at all. He's big mates with Mickey Adams apparently

"We have spoken to Paul and he is keen. He has told us he will give us a definite answer on Monday. He has some sort of dispute with the English FA. He is trying to get that sorted first but he will play if he can" - Eamon Collins on his quest to include Paul Gascogine in the St. Pat’s side to face Leicester City on Friday

Dodge, the above is a quote on www.eleven-a-side.com, and I've seen similar quotes on other websites and in two papers over the last few days. I hope for the sake of Pat's and the league that it is untrue, but has Collin's been misquoted? Seems to be something to it IMO.

wws
09/02/2004, 10:04 AM
for gods sakes tiktok Gazza is a famous celebrity who would draw a crowd in ireland if he added his name to any challenge match

its great marketing stuff by the saints to circulate rumours that he may show up (which is more than likely based on true conversations between eamo and gazza as collins seems to know everyone in English football)

if he shows up it will be a bit of craic

if he doesnt what harm done

its just a mickey mouse friendly anyway

pete
09/02/2004, 10:53 AM
Be worth the admission price alone to see Gazza. Even if he is fat & unfit (can't be that bad anyway) who can argue you wouldn't be entertained.

max power
09/02/2004, 10:57 AM
very good doc on bbc 3 about him last night, seen a different side of the man, he has a lot of problems and has done some stupid things, but at the end of the day he has a serious drink problem and that didn't make life any easier for him, he isn't fat and unfit, from what i see he looks better than he did 5 years ago, he is off the drink and sober for 6 months now and well done to him... he is back with his ex wife and for the first time he says he is happy...i for one would love to see him play no matter how old he is, he has one of the best football brains around.

wws
09/02/2004, 11:16 AM
in similar vain paul mcgrath showed up for the second half of Ozo's testimonial and it was a great sight to see the great man in the current pats top playin at richer

its just for the added value these all time legends lend to a friendly

no one can argue that gazza is not an iconic figure in the modern game

Dodge
09/02/2004, 11:37 AM
In fairness I'd be gutted if Gazza did play for Pats and I didn't see him do it...

tiktok
09/02/2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by wws
for gods sakes tiktok Gazza is a famous celebrity who would draw a crowd in ireland if he added his name to any challenge match

which is why i asked the original question...
were you looking at him for the season or just the friendly, i guess from your response it's just for the friendly, which is fine.

but offering contracts to a 'famous celebrity' has been who can't get a game anywhere else (and god has he tried) would be bad for Pat's and the league. it might boost your attendances for a while, but i doubt he's up to it, his temperament is questionable (as is his fitness) and those crowds would soon recognise a publicity stunt and he'd bring little to Pats IMO, you might as well let the Keith Duffy all-stars into the league, because that's Gazza's level now.......
on second thoughts, sign away. ;)

wws
09/02/2004, 1:10 PM
i see nothing in the above quote to suggest EC is even considering signing him

where are you getting it from?

its just rumours spiralling out of control

tiktok
09/02/2004, 3:07 PM
Originally posted by wws
i see nothing in the above quote to suggest EC is even considering signing him

Originally posted by tiktok
"We have spoken to Paul and he is keen...."

which is why i asked the original question...
were you looking at him for the season or just the friendly

Originally posted by wws
where are you getting it from?

.........Dodge, the above is a quote on www.eleven-a-side.com,.........

Do you not actually read the other posts WWS :D . i'm not spreading rumours, I saw the quote on eleven-a-side and was wondering whether it was just for the friendly or for the season.

any chance of an answer....anybody...anybody?

Dodge
09/02/2004, 3:09 PM
I answered and you wouldn't believe me...

wws
09/02/2004, 3:16 PM
We have spoken to Paul and he is keen. He has told us he will give us a definite answer on Monday. He has some sort of dispute with the English FA. He is trying to get that sorted first but he will play if he can"

in anymans english that means for the GAME

must need clearance from the english FA if he has any disciplinary overhang from his days in english football - prob just a technicallity but u need fai clearance and agreed refs even for mickey mouse friendlies

tiktok
09/02/2004, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
I answered and you wouldn't believe me...

your answer contradicted WWS and the media, i asked you if you thought EC had been misquoted. don't be cross :( ;)

Originally posted by wws
in anymans english that means for the GAME

cheers, that's all i wanted to know. :rolleyes: ;)

I'll leave you and Dodge to slug it out now

wws
09/02/2004, 3:50 PM
EVERYTHING dodge says contradicts me, even when he agrees with me he posts the opposite!