PDA

View Full Version : Bray 2-2 Rovers

Pages : [1] 2 3

clubman
17/08/2009, 5:31 PM
There’s no doubt about it but this game is definitely a must win for us and I think we can do it providing all shoulders are put to the wheel and collectively the heave is in the same direction. That sounds like rugby but the principle’s the same no matter what sport when your team goes in search of a win.
What I’d like to see happen for this one is to see both Blinkhorn and Turner start up front. I was well impressed with Turner for the bit part he played on Saturday. He’s big and strong and would lean on the Bray defence creating more room for the ever alert Blinkhorn. I ship Raf out to the wing, dropping Doyle. I think Raf is better employed wide where he can run at defenders.
Certainly be interested in hearing other opinions on this pairing.

CF1989
17/08/2009, 6:00 PM
yeah in fairness the pairing looked good against bohs for the hour they played together. id like to see it happen although i wouldnt want to drop doyle. ive liked him since hes been here, and think he's done a very good job for us......

cant wait for it it's definatly a must win, just hope we don't do what we done before, get a good result and then lose the next game.

Only1Rovers
18/08/2009, 5:39 AM
I'm all in favour of Raf on the wing... I think he would be much better wide.

Bray Head
18/08/2009, 7:48 AM
Crucial game for both sides. Neither can afford to lose. Recent games have favoured the home side. We have a dreadful record in the Showgrounds but have a good home record against you recently.

Dixie Dean
18/08/2009, 7:50 AM
It goes to show as an attacking force we do have strength in dept. I think especially for away games having Turner who can hold it up well would be good. I like Doyle as well , though a rest for Raf wouldnt do any harm. He has run himself into the ground for most of the season and we have had alot of games the last couple of weeks. So maybe put Raf on the bench and use him only if needed. Bring him back for Bohs.

gustavo
18/08/2009, 8:54 AM
I'd keep Raf up front seeing as he's been scoring goals there consistently for us this season

Rovers Maniac
18/08/2009, 9:20 AM
I'd keep Raf up front seeing as he's been scoring goals there consistently for us this season

Ya agree 100%, Cretaro is best up front. This is a massive game for us and probably bigger than the cup game we just won. Players have set the bar in regards to performances now they have to keep that level. Seems to be a decent crowd thinking of going up as well and i heard Peers may be fit for this.

sligofan4ever
18/08/2009, 12:40 PM
We have a squad capable of beating Bray easily now, dont see us losing 3-1 again. We've a stronger defence (IMO anyways) and a stronger attack with Raff and Blinkhorn. I think this game would be a good oportunity to start Dean Marshall on the right, either putting Morrison on the bench or moved to the left or centre of midfield. Wouldn't drop him though after how hard he's been working in recent weeks. Won't be over confident though, after our wins against St.Pats and a 2-0 win over Dundalk we then went and done miserably after great wins.

red arrow
18/08/2009, 12:47 PM
it would be great if peers was fit. anybody got any correct update?

dong
18/08/2009, 1:08 PM
It would be great if we could get a run of a few games unbeaten now. I have no doubt that we have a better first eleven than Bray but Gormley always has his teams well prepared.
A repeat of the last performance in Bray will not be acceptable. We have to tear into them from the word go.

CF1989
18/08/2009, 1:15 PM
dont think peers is ready yet

red_away
18/08/2009, 2:17 PM
This is what they call a "six pointer" - although so were galway and dundalk?

Rovers1
18/08/2009, 3:36 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/2009/0816/tw_soccer_av.html

Wasnt sure where to put this. Small bit with Mr. Kelly at the start, and at the 4 minute spot.

MMVIII
19/08/2009, 1:44 PM
We have a squad capable of beating Bray easily now, dont see us losing 3-1 again. We've a stronger defence (IMO anyways) and a stronger attack with Raff and Blinkhorn. I think this game would be a good oportunity to start Dean Marshall on the right, either putting Morrison on the bench or moved to the left or centre of midfield.

Have to disagree with you there. This is probably the most important game of the season thus far, and giving a younger lad a start, to see what he can do in this game would, in my opinion, be fairly stupid. Too unexperienced. Would rather stick with a more experienced player, i.e Morrison, who has been playing very well in the last few weeks IMO.

Rovers Maniac
19/08/2009, 1:49 PM
Ya jesus this is a huge match for us, strongest team possible is put out no questions. The team that started agaisnt Derry in the Cup if all are fit and well is the team to start.

sligofan4ever
19/08/2009, 3:11 PM
Have to disagree with you there. This is probably the most important game of the season thus far, and giving a younger lad a start, to see what he can do in this game would, in my opinion, be fairly stupid. Too unexperienced. Would rather stick with a more experienced player, i.e Morrison, who has been playing very well in the last few weeks IMO.

inexperienced ;). I think Marshall has done well for himself and needs to start a game or two at some point, all games are crucial I know but he deserves a chance. I'd still like to see someone like Morrison in CM ahead of Michael McGrath, no life in him at all in recent games and thats what we've been lacking this season, someone who'll inject a bit of life into the centre midfield, maybe Richie Ryan who has been playing better recently but he is still to hesitant to take a shot even when given space. I wonder are the team more interest in Cups than escaping relegation, it just seems to me they put much more effort on the pitch in Cup games than they do in most league games. Going to say 2-1 Rovers, Raf and Blinkhorn.

sligoman
19/08/2009, 3:26 PM
inexperienced ;).
I think Marshall has done well for himself and needs to start a game or two at some point, all games are crucial I know but he deserves a chance. I'd still like to see someone like Morrison in CM ahead of Michael McGrath, no life in him at all in recent games and thats what we've been lacking this season, someone who'll inject a bit of life into the centre midfield, maybe Richie Ryan who has been playing better recently but he is still to hesitant to take a shot even when given space. I wonder are the team more interest in Cups than escaping relegation, it just seems to me they put much more effort on the pitch in Cup games than they do in most league games. Going to say 2-1 Rovers, Raf and Blinkhorn.'too', not 'to'
'interested', not 'interest'
'cup', not 'Cup'.

If you're gonna correct someone on their spelling, at least get it right;).

sligofan4ever
19/08/2009, 3:33 PM
'too', not 'to'
'interested', not 'interest'
'cup', not 'Cup'.

My spelling and grammar is worser than I thunk :eek:, this is unpossible :(.

Da Real Rover
19/08/2009, 3:52 PM
"going to", I think is the phrase your looking for.
If your going to correct a posters grammatical errors after he corrects another posters grammatical errors at least get it right. ;)

gustavo
19/08/2009, 3:55 PM
If your going to correct a posters grammatical errors after he corrects another posters grammatical errors at least get it right. ;)

you're ;)

sligo23
19/08/2009, 3:57 PM
I think you'll find its 'you're' not 'your';)

Edit: gustavo bet me to it:p

Da Real Rover
19/08/2009, 4:01 PM
you're ;)
Ever hear of the .
Punctuation is next to godlyness.

clubman
19/08/2009, 4:03 PM

If you're going to correct a poster's grammatical error after he corrected another poster's grammatical error at least get your error correction right ;)

sligo23
19/08/2009, 4:05 PM
Can we change the name of this thread to 'We are all a bunch of pedantic pr!cks'??
:p

Da Real Rover
19/08/2009, 4:10 PM
Most entertaining thread on Foot.ie EVER.
So much so I think ill actually go and do some work now.
God knows I had my internet craic for the day.

Rovers1
19/08/2009, 4:17 PM

He's the moderator!! DE NA NA NA NA ...NA NA NA NA

bingoballs
19/08/2009, 5:09 PM
You should have written you're going to if you want to be totally accurate but I was never one to get fickle over the smaller points:D

sligoman
19/08/2009, 8:19 PM
If your going to correct a posters grammatical errors after he corrects another posters grammatical errors at least get it right. ;)I was aware I used the word gonna...I did not change it because I wasn't the one correcting people's grammar originally, I was just making the point to sligofan4ever;)

EDIT: This Bray game must be exciting...saying as most of the thread has been about grammar. Rovers to win 2-1;).

gustavo
19/08/2009, 10:37 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=809:ogrady-and-keane-major-doubts-for-bray-encounter&catid=19:match-previews

Hopes were high that Gavin Peers would be returning to first team action on Friday against Bray this Friday night , But he has not come through training well this week , and be out for another two or three weeks.Conor O'Grady and Alan Keane both picked up knocks in the game against Derry City and are major doubts for Friday's game.

avvenalaf
20/08/2009, 12:25 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=809:ogrady-and-keane-major-doubts-for-bray-encounter&catid=19:match-previews

Hopes were high that Gavin Peers would be returning to first team action on Friday against Bray this Friday night , But he has not come through training well this week , and be out for another two or three weeks.Conor O'Grady and Alan Keane both picked up knocks in the game against Derry City and are major doubts for Friday's game.

The grammar/punctuation police can have a go at this one.

avvenalaf
20/08/2009, 12:29 PM
Most entertaining thread on Foot.ie EVER.
So much so I think ill actually go and do some work now.
God knows I had my internet craic for the day.

Tidy this up a bit, Real Rover. You offend our sensibilities.

Only1Rovers
20/08/2009, 1:42 PM
You should have written you're going to if you want to be totally accurate but I was never one to get fickle over the smaller points:D

I do not think "fickle" is the correct word to use in this instance.

I would suggest the word "captious". ;)

dong
20/08/2009, 2:20 PM
Anybody have any interest in the game itself, no?
Or the fact that, yet again, there seems to be a serious problem in the handling of Gavin Peers' injury?

red bellied
20/08/2009, 2:27 PM
Will Peers actually play again this season is the question?

MysteryMachine2
20/08/2009, 2:28 PM
yet again, there seems to be a serious problem in the handling of Gavin Peers' injury?

I completely agree it's getting a bit ridiculous. Peers is probably the player we most need on the pitch at the moment but it seems an awful lot like too much pressure is being put on him to get fit as fast as possible.

Anyone remember what happened when we pushed Almeida back onto the pitch too soon...

bingoballs
20/08/2009, 8:08 PM
I completely agree it's getting a bit ridiculous. Peers is probably the player we most need on the pitch at the moment but it seems an awful lot like too much pressure is being put on him to get fit as fast as possible.

Anyone remember what happened when we pushed Almeida back onto the pitch too soon...
It all seems a bit dodgey. Peers is a class act and is badly missed. I hope there isn't more to this then meets the eye.
As for the game on friday, I hope we don't make the same mistakes as we have done so many times this season and follow up a great result with a poor performance. I think Morrison should play in the centre with either McGrath or Ryan, assuming O Grady is out, with Doyle and Marshall on the wings and Raf and Blinkhorn up front. I know McGrath hasn't set the world alight so far but I thought he did very well for us in Terryland Park and maybe when he settles he can raise his performane to that level again and beyond. The back four pick themselves I suppose under the circumstances. Our squad looks much stronger then it did a few weeks ago and all we need is a little belief and a bit of luck. Hopefully the win against Derry will stand to us and we can push on. I'm hopeful we can secure the three points but the way the season has gone so far, God only knows what will happen.

Inside Man
20/08/2009, 9:44 PM
I'll pop down in the dart to this, still think we'll lose though. Our inadequacies will show up again tomorrow. Prepare yourselves for it as this time tomorrow we'll be adrift at the bottom.

sligoman
20/08/2009, 10:00 PM
I'll pop down in the dart to thisWhy bother, sure it's just a league game:rolleyes:.

Brian Boru
20/08/2009, 10:54 PM
I'll pop down in the dart to this, .

Questionable grammar.

Rovers Maniac
21/08/2009, 8:21 AM
Massive game for us, the players will have to fight tonight so that they are not in that automatic relegation place by the end of the day.

brianw82
21/08/2009, 10:54 AM
Winner takes all tonight. There just seems to be more fight about Bray and Drogheda. They're under no illusions about their positions, whereas I still think some of our players are. Hopefully we can match Bray in this regard and come out on top.

apo11o
21/08/2009, 11:04 AM
This is an even bigger game than Derry in the cup, nothing but 3 pts tonight , this game will decide wheather we have a chance to stay up or not.

Guts&Glory
21/08/2009, 11:10 AM
I'll pop down in the dart to this, still think we'll lose though. Our inadequacies will show up again tomorrow. Prepare yourselves for it as this time tomorrow we'll be adrift at the bottom.

Why bother going with that negativity ?

The Midget Gem
21/08/2009, 11:39 AM
I don't think we'll get anything either and I'm traveling up. Have bad memories of late in Bray.
But really at the end of the day, we have the bigger budget, bigger squad and full time set up. We should be beating teams like this now imo.

CF1989
21/08/2009, 11:47 AM
heading out the door soon, massive game for the club. never feel too confident going bray, but we should win tonight. Just hope its not guna be like galway, on a slight high after our win v pats and then total muck on the night.

tonight we either turn the corner and get out of this or we go the other way. win or bust, no draw wanted

Knappagh Red
21/08/2009, 12:10 PM
If we can't beat a team of part-time kids then we don't deserve to be in the Premier Division, there are no excuses for not winning tonight

Mayo Red
21/08/2009, 2:49 PM
Hopefully we can get the three points tonight, it's time we copped on because we can't afford to keep slipping up with games running out.

dublinred
21/08/2009, 3:36 PM
Going to be a tough one as Bray and Drogheda will relish these games against the "fancy" boys , we need to show a bit of fight without getting red cards and keep the ball down as its always windy down there. Hoping for a 2-1 win with Raf and blinky on the scoresheet really hope Ventre doesn't go airbourne in his tackles tonight.

bingoballs
21/08/2009, 3:57 PM
According to RTE website Keane is doubtful for tonight, any news on him?

red arrow
21/08/2009, 5:05 PM
heard he is playing