PDA

View Full Version : Ireland v Italy kick off time?

Ari Gold
17/08/2009, 3:40 PM
Does anyone know if the time has being finalised yet? I'm hoping for a 7.45pm but couldn't find any info online.

AidoM
17/08/2009, 3:47 PM
Does anyone know if the time has being finalised yet? I'm hoping for a 7.45pm but couldn't find any info online.

No time as yet but wiuld be fairly sure it will be @ 19.45

DeLorean
17/08/2009, 3:48 PM
I don't think it has been officially confirmed yet as it would be stated on the FIFA website. I'd be majorly surprised if it was anything other than an evening ko. Bulgaria at home was 19:45 and this is a Saturday game also so I'd expect the same. I remember the German game was given an evening ko in the last campaign as well cos they said it generated a better atmosphere.

Ari Gold
17/08/2009, 3:51 PM
I don't think it has been officially confirmed yet as it would be stated on the FIFA website. I'd be majorly surprised if it was anything other than an evening ko. Bulgaria at home was 19:45 and this is a Saturday game also so I'd expect the same. I remember the German game was given an evening ko in the last campaign as well cos they said it generated a better atmosphere.

Very true but I would have thought that TV would have a big say on the kick off time especially if England, Scotland or Northern Ireland have big games the same day

DeLorean
17/08/2009, 4:28 PM
Very true but I would have thought that TV would have a big say on the kick off time especially if England, Scotland or Northern Ireland have big games the same day

Sky have the Italian match alright alright but they generally have no problem showing International matches at the same time on different channels. As far as I know Setanta had the Ukraine-England match the same day, not sure who has it now. Kick off times in that part of the World are usually around 17:00 (our time) anyway so that wouldn't clash. I don't think Wales trip to Finland will impact much either and Scotland and Northern Ireland don't have matches on that date.

Superhoops
17/08/2009, 6:19 PM
It is showing on the FAI website here (http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=32) as 1945.

SUB of the day
07/09/2009, 4:26 PM
A heaving Croker, several pints consumed, the hill resonating to the chants of " ITALIA ITALIA", the rest of the stadium belting out " COME ON YE BOYS IN GREEN", if this fixture doesn't set your pulses racing......

jbyrne
07/09/2009, 4:29 PM
A heaving Croker, several pints consumed, the hill resonating to the chants of " ITALIA ITALIA", the rest of the stadium belting out " COME ON YE BOYS IN GREEN", if this fixture doesn't set your pulses racing......

italian fans not allowed to travel so should be 75,000 or so Irish, hopefully creating a sea of green!

SuperDave
07/09/2009, 4:44 PM
the fai ticket [ayment form said 745.... i'd believe anything from the FAI over FIFA, given that the FAI set the time, not FIFA

tetsujin1979
07/09/2009, 5:12 PM
italian fans not allowed to travel so should be 75,000 or so Irish, hopefully creating a sea of green!

how come they're not allowed to travel?

SUB of the day
07/09/2009, 5:47 PM
the fai ticket [ayment form said 745.... i'd believe anything from the FAI over FIFA, given that the FAI set the time, not FIFA

8PM for Italy game, 745pm for Montenegro.Regarding Italian fans, I'm sure Ireland based tifosi would fill the hill, remember the friendly in Dalymount? then as now Italy were World Champions and thousands of Italians attended.

SuperDave
07/09/2009, 8:58 PM
8PM for Italy game, 745pm for Montenegro.Regarding Italian fans, I'm sure Ireland based tifosi would fill the hill, remember the friendly in Dalymount? then as now Italy were World Champions and thousands of Italians attended.

yeah FAI website says 20:00 and 19:45.... strange, the form said 19:45 for both.... never mind, the cyprus v bulgaria game on the saturday will be over before we start. yeay. it kicks off at 17:00 irish time.

jbyrne
08/09/2009, 8:26 AM
yeah FAI website says 20:00 and 19:45.... strange, the form said 19:45 for both.... never mind, the cyprus v bulgaria game on the saturday will be over before we start. yeay. it kicks off at 17:00 irish time.

the form says 8pm for italy.

italian fans were banned by their own fa as they caused trouble at the away match v bulgaria

pineapple stu
08/09/2009, 8:56 AM
By way of a link (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/3189068/Italy-fans-banned-from-away-fixtures-by-IFA-after-trouble-in-Bulgaria-Football.html) on that story.

elroy
08/09/2009, 10:53 AM
Lads does anyone else not think this will be a full house?
All the bandwagoners will go to this (which is not necessarily a good thing as they will prob try to start a mexican wave after ten mins, while the rest of us are nervous wrecks). I have a load of people here in work who i dont ever remember going to a game asking me about tickets. This is prob our biggest home game since France and Swiss games in the Kerr era.

SuperDave
08/09/2009, 1:45 PM
the form says 8pm for italy.

italian fans were banned by their own fa as they caused trouble at the away match v bulgaria

you're right, i double checked... my bad. Didn't know about the italian fans. Good and bad, in that it means more Irish fans, but more bandwagoners expecting entertainment...

SUB of the day
08/09/2009, 5:17 PM
All the bandwagoners will go to this (which is not necessarily a good thing as they will prob try to start a mexican wave after ten mins, while the rest of us are nervous wrecks). I have a load of people here in work who i dont ever remember going to a game asking me about tickets. This is prob our biggest home game since France and Swiss games in the Kerr era.

If the Italians fail to win in Turin, I think the game will be the biggest ever in Dublin.A win, and a win over Montenegro 5 days later, would see us qualifying in Dublin ( a first) and topping a group that contained the reigning World Champions.And you are dead right about bandwagoners, on the City Forum, people are openly professing about no real interest in ROI games, but are interested in attending on the 10th of October.

eaststand85
09/09/2009, 11:40 AM

Same here and it'll be these Ole, Ole merchants who'll come crawling out of the woodwork if we do manage to qualify and drive up demand for finals tickets.

zenokelly
09/09/2009, 1:16 PM
Same here and it'll be these Ole, Ole merchants who'll come crawling out of the woodwork if we do manage to qualify and drive up demand for finals tickets.

Id be surprised no matter what that we will not take up our full allocation in SA if we qualify. It tells when 11000 less travelled to Cyprus last week than 4 years prior when we were in 4th position in the group. (Under Kerr)

paul_oshea
09/09/2009, 1:35 PM

Make sure you dont give them any.

I am being completely serious there.

jbyrne
09/09/2009, 2:22 PM
you're right, i double checked... my bad. Didn't know about the italian fans. Good and bad, in that it means more Irish fans, but more bandwagoners expecting entertainment...

there are about 30,000 true national team fans and the rest are bandwagoners.

the FAI, the fans and a sponsor like eircom need to get together and ensure croke park is a sea of green and the noisiest place on earth on oct 10th. i fear too many will find it cold and wear their winter woolies rather than don their green shirt that night. ive always thought everyone should be given those €5 carrolls Irish flags on the way into the ground someday or a green and white scarf to hold aloft during the anthem and after

EastTerracer
09/09/2009, 3:52 PM
there are about 30,000 true national team fans and the rest are bandwagoners.

the FAI, the fans and a sponsor like eircom need to get together and ensure croke park is a sea of green and the noisiest place on earth on oct 10th. i fear too many will find it cold and wear their winter woolies rather than don their green shirt that night. ive always thought everyone should be given those €5 carrolls Irish flags on the way into the ground someday or a green and white scarf to hold aloft during the anthem and after

100% agree on this. I was just saying to a few mates over the weekend that the Ireland-Italy game from Giants Stadium should be running on the big screen before the game and then 5 minutes before kick-off bring Ray Houghton and Paul McGrath onto the pitch to stir up the crowd.

Depending on tonight's Italy-Bulgaria result this could be an even bigger game than Holland in 2001 and the atmosphere at that game was the best I have experienced at any Irish home game.

SeanODonovan
21/09/2009, 10:11 PM
Of course we are going to beat Italy and Cyprus will beat them too so we will come first in the group.

However if Cyprus don't do the business and we end up in the play-offs the dates are Saturday 14th November and Wednesday 18th November. But the rugby lads are playing Australia on Sunday 15th November at Croker.

So what happens if we are drawn to play at home in the first leg ? Will the good GAA people and the guards allow 2 games in 2 days ?

NeilMcD
22/09/2009, 6:52 AM
Yes. Already sorted. There will be two games and there will be no standing tickets for the rugby as they will have the bucket seats in from our game on the Sat.

Beavis
22/09/2009, 1:15 PM
Yes. Already sorted. There will be two games and there will be no standing tickets for the rugby as they will have the bucket seats in from our game on the Sat.

Woud our first leg definitely be at home?

NeilMcD
22/09/2009, 1:19 PM
No that is not for certain but they can accomodate either draw. If we are at home on the Wednesday, it just means they need to put the bucket seats on the Monday morning or the week before and the rugy people have to put up with bucket seats. When they sent out the forms to rugby they were told that there was a possibility that terrace tickets may be actually bucket seats but at the same price.

Beavis
22/09/2009, 1:23 PM
No that is not for certain but they can accomodate either draw. If we are at home on the Wednesday, it just means they need to put the bucket seats on the Monday morning or the week before and the rugy people have to put up with bucket seats. When they sent out the forms to rugby they were told that there was a possibility that terrace tickets may be actually bucket seats but at the same price.

Nice one Neil, seems the FAI/IRFU have had decent foresight on this one.

NeilMcD
22/09/2009, 1:32 PM
Just also want to clarify I am not one of the people that is on the IRFU's block booking system or if they have one I dont know. Before a terrible rumour gets out.

Beavis
22/09/2009, 2:08 PM
Come to think of it, I spotted you accidently break into a 'LLLLEINNNSTERRRR' chant at the game in Bari :eek: Old habits die hard Neil ;)