PDA

View Full Version : Usain Bolt

pacman
16/08/2009, 8:08 PM
Just watched the mens 100m final. That Bolt is some man, 9.58. That is a sick time.

Imagine marking him out on the wing.

passinginterest
16/08/2009, 8:41 PM
Stunning really, thought he might break his record but that margin of 0.11 seconds is staggering.

TheBoss
16/08/2009, 10:59 PM
Unbelievable Athlete !

tiktok
17/08/2009, 7:44 AM
Imagine marking him out on the wing.

He's good in the air but his first touch is awful, you'd probably be grand.
Amazing display, the thing is, he looks like he can go even faster.
You'd have to feel for Tyson Gay, he runs 9.71, the fastest time ever by an American and he gets destroyed.

endabob1
17/08/2009, 8:04 AM
Awesome, the man is a godsend to the sport, if anthing can get a proportion of the kids off their XBoxes, away from the hyped up dream of all being footballers on Sky Sports and on to the track instead it's this guy. He'll get many back watching it with real interest again too. Few could fail to be inspired by him I reckon.

I hope for everyone's sake he's not juiced, that would destroy athletics to an even greater extent that cycling has been

pacman
17/08/2009, 8:22 AM
Awesome, the man is a godsend to the sport, if anthing can get a proportion of the kids off their XBoxes, away from the hyped up dream of all being footballers on Sky Sports and on to the track instead it's this guy. He'll get many back watching it with real interest again too. Few could fail to be inspired by him I reckon.

I hope for everyone's sake he's not juiced, that would destroy athletics to an even greater extent that cycling has been
Well apparently the camp he runs out of is known for being a clean camp, also you'd imagine he is being constantly tested.

Glad to see Powell take a bronze also, he got a bad ol rep of bottling in the final so good to see him run an SB and get a bronze.

Dodge
17/08/2009, 9:07 AM
If he was doing drugs, his "people" would tell him not to destroy records. He's been a phenom since he was 14, and always tipped for superstardom

paul_oshea
17/08/2009, 9:24 AM
I wonder though. I mean we have seen it in the past. Interesting, to say the least.

passinginterest
17/08/2009, 9:28 AM
He's a very different build to most of the sprinters of the past though, he's far taller and more slender, I think that lends more credibility to the theory that he's just a freak of nature. He's coming close to the therotical limits of human achievement and his records will probably stand for a very long time when he eventually retires, I can see him dipping below 9.5 in the hundred and possibly 19 flat in the 200, maybe even trouble 41 seconds in the 400 if he can find the motivation and stay injury free.

Sligo Hornet
17/08/2009, 9:38 AM
That run yesterday was achieved in just 33 strides!!:eek:

pacman
17/08/2009, 10:59 AM
he said himself he can go to 9.4 but thats as good as it can get.

Dodge
17/08/2009, 10:59 AM
I wonder though. I mean we have seen it in the past. Interesting, to say the least.

Thats the point, POS, you haven't seen this before.

endabob1
17/08/2009, 11:02 AM
He's a very different build to most of the sprinters of the past though, he's far taller and more slender, I think that lends more credibility to the theory that he's just a freak of nature. He's coming close to the therotical limits of human achievement and his records will probably stand for a very long time when he eventually retires, I can see him dipping below 9.5 in the hundred and possibly 19 flat in the 200, maybe even trouble 41 seconds in the 400 if he can find the motivation and stay injury free.

That's the thing that makes me believe, he goes against all the previous thinking in Sprinting, he really is a freak, and the product of some truely innovative thinking.

I heard somethng about his Bejing time being analyzed that they calculated had he not slowed he would have run 9.62 or 9.63 and that was approcahing the peak of what could be achieved.....

shakermaker1982
17/08/2009, 12:01 PM
superman. He also comes across as a decent fella as well. Good role model for kids. How tall is he? My excuse for being fairly slow is that I'm tall.....don't think I can use that one anymore!!!

passinginterest
17/08/2009, 12:03 PM
Six feet Five Inches according to Wiki. Good feet for a big man :)

tiktok
17/08/2009, 1:21 PM

We've never seen something like Bolt in fairness. No question he's clean, unless he's been taking something that can't be detected since he was in his early teens. He's a Godsend for the sport.

DmanDmythDledge
17/08/2009, 2:53 PM
he said himself he can go to 9.4 but thats as good as it can get.
He kicked the ground getting out of the blocks and eased up at the end. He can definitely do it quicker but don't know if it would be enough to break 9.4s.

Schumi
20/08/2009, 6:46 PM
19.19 in the 200. Another world record.

TheBoss
20/08/2009, 9:39 PM
It is virtually 9.59 for the 100 metres twice in that time, can not think of any other words to describe it :D

John83
21/08/2009, 5:34 PM
It is virtually 9.59 for the 100 metres twice in that time, can not think of any other words to describe it :D
Is the 200m record usually slower or faster than 2x 100m? You are already up to speed for the second 100m, but possibly start to slow from your peak speed. I'm sure one or other of those factors has traditionally dominated.

HarpoJoyce
21/08/2009, 5:50 PM

He won the World Junior Championship when he was fifteen, competition is eligible for U-20. It's understood in the sport that because his development is recorded and ramped from very early in his career that there is no question he is clean.

You are right about him being a role-model for people.