PDA

View Full Version : Venue for away France U-21 game?

KCFC Bohs
06/02/2004, 8:30 AM
What are the chances of the French moving the venue for the U-21 game out there from (what seems to be) their usual venue of Clermont-Ferrand to somewhere near Paris? Clermont is over 300 miles from Paris, near Lyon, and although thats only 2.5 hours by TGV, its at a cost of €100 or more. I thought the U-21 game was required by UEFA to be within 100 miles or so from the venue for the senior game?

Macy
06/02/2004, 8:34 AM
Originally posted by KCFC BOHS
I thought the U-21 game was required by UEFA to be within 100 miles or so from the venue for the senior game?
Not sure of the distance, but I think it can be moved with the agreement of the away team.

Pogsly
06/02/2004, 11:00 AM
The rule is that the match has to be played within a distance of 100 miles of where the Senior match (if on concurrent days) is being played .Hence the reason some of our u 21's have been played in Arlow Town's ground if I'm not mistaken and kilkenny etc

Dodge
06/02/2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Pogsly
The rule is that the match has to be played within a distance of 100 miles of where the Senior match (if on concurrent days) is being played .Hence the reason some of our u 21's have been played in Arlow Town's ground if I'm not mistaken and kilkenny etc
That and because the FAI wants to spread them around...

Footie_Fan
16/02/2004, 6:18 PM
If the away team agree it can be played outside the 100 mile radius. The Russians agreed for the U21 game to played in Waterford last September.

gspain
17/02/2004, 12:18 PM
The F.A.I. will normally agree if it's in a country with a good infrastructure then they can make the French play in Galway or Cork.

Hope there is a TGV back after the game.....

Macy
17/02/2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by gspain
The F.A.I. will normally agree if it's in a country with a good infrastructure then they can make the French play in Galway or Cork.
Not if the French want a good infrastructure as well, to facilitate their side of the arrangement....