PDA

View Full Version : Tralee Cup game

peadar1987
14/08/2009, 12:57 PM
Happy match day everyone!

Does anyone know anything about this Tralee side? How have their results been and do they have any players to watch out for?

Is there any Bray team news?

Do we even want a cup run with the current state of the league campaign?

Roo69
14/08/2009, 1:12 PM

Does anyone know anything about this Tralee side? How have their results been and do they have any players to watch out for?

Is there any Bray team news?

Do we even want a cup run with the current state of the league campaign?

They are a decent enough side from what i've heard, certianly wonm't be a push over for us. Our A Championship side played them a while back and we beat them 2-1, i think they are 3rd in the table at present while our A side are top of the table (i think).

From the Bray Website:

Chris Shields will be missing when Bray take on Tralee Dynamos in the FAI
FORD CUP FOURTH ROUND on Friday night as he serves a suspension.

Also missing will be long term injury victim Paul Byrne (knee). Also doubtful are Derek Foran (calf), Jake Kelly (ribs), both of whom missed the draw with
Dundalk on Tuesday night.

Stephen Brennan who was suspended for Tuesday nights game is also doubtful with a hamstring injury, while Ian Tuohy is also doubtful (hip).

Speaking after Tuesdays draw with Dundalk, Eddie Gormley said - "It was a good team performance, the players who came in, did a very good job, and that gives me a selection headache. We worked very hard on the night, and we were a little unlucky not to take all three points."

It'll be close enough to the same starting line up as we had on Tuesday night i reckon, with possibly Daire Doyle pushing into the centre of midfield, pender to rightback and then young Massey or Knight filling in at left back.

DeLorean
14/08/2009, 1:20 PM

Tralee Dynamos Foot.ie (http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=113864)

Tralee Dynamos Website (http://www.traleedynamos.com/)

Roo69
14/08/2009, 1:37 PM
"It is not for holidays that Tralee Dynamos are heading for Bray but for the biggest game in the club’s history where the take on Bray Wanderers in the Last 16 of the FAI Ford Senior Cup."

:D

naoise kennedy
14/08/2009, 7:21 PM
anybody got the line up for tonights match...

Captain2007
14/08/2009, 10:08 PM
Skippy
Doyle Webster Deans Pender

McCabe D O Neill Mulcahy Massey

S O Neill Flood

naoise kennedy
14/08/2009, 10:29 PM
Skippy
Doyle Webster Deans Pender

McCabe D O Neill Mulcahy Massey

S O Neill Flood

Thanks.. they did the business

lowflyingseagul
14/08/2009, 10:30 PM
just about, poor quality game and a terrible crowd, not many there at all

peadar1987
14/08/2009, 11:34 PM
Did anyone else see Paul Cook in the crowd?

I'm pretty sure it was him, he was behind me in the queue at the chipper by the DART station (and was nearly late for the game), wearing Sligo gear, then a few rows behind me in the Rehab Bingo stand. Powerful Scouse accent he has on him!

Roo69
15/08/2009, 2:15 PM
Did anyone else see Paul Cook in the crowd?

I'm pretty sure it was him, he was behind me in the queue at the chipper by the DART station (and was nearly late for the game), wearing Sligo gear, then a few rows behind me in the Rehab Bingo stand. Powerful Scouse accent he has on him!

Yeah Cookie and a pal of his were at the game alright, i let him through the officials gate, no mistaking that accent :D

On the game it was poor enough, but we barely ever had to get out of 1st gear. Tralee were very poor, especially up front. Can't remember Skippy having a save to make during the game. The only thig to say abou the game is job done.

Youn O'Neill seemed to go over on his ankle badl, hopefully it isn't to bad. I was impressed with Coughlan's conribution when he cam on, running and beating defenders and his delivery from croses ad corners was excellent. Another home draw in the 1/4s would do nicely.

2 clean sheets in a row as well :D

Should lift confidence for the Sligo game, which is MASSIVE. 3 points is a must.

peadar1987
15/08/2009, 2:51 PM
Yeah Cookie and a pal of his were at the game alright, i let him through the officials gate, no mistaking that accent :D

Do you reckon he was impressed by the crossbar challenge? Sligo's squad is paper thin at the moment!

Roo69
15/08/2009, 3:14 PM
Do you reckon he was impressed by the crossbar challenge? Sligo's squad is paper thin at the moment!

Already signed on the dotted line :D