PDA

View Full Version : Pj

pineapple stu
05/02/2004, 12:46 PM
PJ's signed for Derry, according to the tranfers thread.

Any news on Pat Sullivan or Allie Mac?

Schumi
05/02/2004, 1:41 PM
I haven't heard anything which I suppose is good news.

With Jennings now definitely gone, Gallagher will have to do well because we've effectively got no one else. I assume at least one of the scholarship guys is a 'keeper but Gallagher is the 'keeper we have who's played at anything close to EL level.

John83
05/02/2004, 2:42 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
I assume at least one of the scholarship guys is a 'keeper but Gallagher is the 'keeper we have who's played at anything close to EL level.
Gallagher has actually played at division 1 level, hasn't he? So it shouldn't be a problem if he stays fit.

Schumi
05/02/2004, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by John83
Gallagher has actually played at division 1 level, hasn't he? So it shouldn't be a problem if he stays fit. Ken Kilmurray played at premier division level, doesn't mean he's any good!

joeSoap
05/02/2004, 3:04 PM
Chances are that you won't need a very good keeper to do well in Division 1. Our lad is no great shakes, yet we conceded very little because we've got a better than average defence, and also because the standard of all clubs outside the top 5 last season ( Galway, Dundalk, Monaghan, Athlone, Cobh, Kilkenny and Sligo) was frightening.....real crap.

Schumi
05/02/2004, 3:13 PM
That's good news. :) If we hold onto Sullivan and McNally, we'll have a good premier division standard defence. Hopefully Gallagher will do well too, leaving scoring goals as our biggest problem ... again!