PDA

View Full Version : Limerick FC vs Longford Town 21/8/09

Pages : [1] 2

LFC-Zulu
13/08/2009, 6:12 PM
Right, we're playing Fairview in Fairgreen on Saturday, but we return to LOI duties on the 21st against the fallen giants Longford in Jackman Park.

Should be interesting to see the attendance, seeing as the match was advertised so much at the Ireland game last night. Also excited to see Stephen O' Flynn to start his first game at home. Two goals in two games, off the back of a great win against Harps, should be a good watch.

What ye think?

My Prediction: 3-0

Martinho II
13/08/2009, 8:15 PM
I for one will be there I will go for a three two loss like last season...

bluewhitearmy
13/08/2009, 9:15 PM
Fallen giants not a bit much?

Longfordian
13/08/2009, 9:32 PM
First time anyone's ever described us as giants I'd reckon. Ye're the fallen giants if anything!. It'll be a tight game I'd reckon though we'll be missing McCarthy who's generally a dominant figure at the back, for good or for bad. We've another game to worry about before this one however.

macka
14/08/2009, 10:35 AM
limerick to win 2-0.

LFC-Zulu
14/08/2009, 2:33 PM
First time anyone's ever described us as giants I'd reckon. Ye're the fallen giants if anything!. It'll be a tight game I'd reckon though we'll be missing McCarthy who's generally a dominant figure at the back, for good or for bad. We've another game to worry about before this one however.

Apologies, the future journo is coming out in me, have to make it seem like a decent game.. :D

lfc at heart
14/08/2009, 3:19 PM
what time is it on

LFC-Zulu
14/08/2009, 3:32 PM
what time is it on
19:45 on the dot. :D

Monkfish
14/08/2009, 9:05 PM
Eh anyone remember the 20's are also playing Sat? Waaaaaay more important

bluepowers
15/08/2009, 1:29 PM
limerick 3-1 (o flynn 2 , Tracy ):p

Monkfish
15/08/2009, 7:03 PM
19:45 on the dot. :D

Match started at 7pm:rolleyes:

Limerick 1 up at the mo, lot of changes been (and to be made yet) expect a few more goals either way.

Martinho II
15/08/2009, 8:16 PM
what time is our match against ye kicking off next friday?

Monkfish
15/08/2009, 9:54 PM
what time is our match against ye kicking off next friday?

99% sure it will be 7.45 as per usual.

Fairview 1 v 2 Limerick FC for anyone that cares. Treacy and o'Flynn (3 from 3 now :))
Fairview scored with last kick of the game. Basically Limerick took the **** for 90mins.

bluewhitearmy
16/08/2009, 12:19 PM
Id have thought Limerick B would have put up more of a fight to be fair limerick strolled it and if they had stepped it up could have scored way more. Have to love the celebrations from fairview man with the 70s hairstyle when they scored.Pitch was perfect seeme to suit us more also great to see paddy back.

lfc at heart
17/08/2009, 5:18 PM
and limerick asked for a fee for this game dats a joke man:mad: surely it cant be true i know yer stuck and all

sure dont ye charge a fee to watch ye play on a sunday morning,

gael353
17/08/2009, 5:35 PM
and limerick asked for a fee for this game dats a joke man:mad: surely it cant be true i know yer stuck and all

get ur facts right "striker 9", Limerick asked for no such thing, paid all the expences of the game (refs etc) used Limerick FC balls and were lucky to have the excellent pitch lined only ten mins before the game.

you had an ok game yourself but think midfield is your better position.

Monkfish
17/08/2009, 10:15 PM

You seen the quality on show, you want that then you gotta pay the coin. Fairview fooling themselves again this year, Pike shall not be moved if thats the standard of opposition they'll face.

LFC-Zulu
18/08/2009, 12:05 AM
Match started at 7pm:rolleyes:

Limerick 1 up at the mo, lot of changes been (and to be made yet) expect a few more goals either way.
Thought he meant the Longford game, yano, hence the name of the thread. :rolleyes:

Monkfish
18/08/2009, 12:34 AM
Thought he meant the Longford game, yano, hence the name of the thread. :rolleyes:

Why then did you mention the Fairview game? I mean you started the thread, named it and took it off topic in one go.

LFC-Zulu
18/08/2009, 4:57 PM
ya pure quality pity ye cant do in yere own division surely yere a premier division team;)
I definitely think ye are gonna catch Pike out this year. :rolleyes:

Jofspring
18/08/2009, 11:48 PM
Limerick 2-1 Longford

(O Flynn, Tierney)

This will probably be a poor enough game. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of their last match down here last season. Beat us 3-1 if i remember correctly and they weren't doing very well at that stage.

Monkfish
19/08/2009, 8:41 AM
ya pure quality pity ye cant do in yere own division

We are merely a mid-table 1st Div club. Which makes the fall in standard of a lot of Limerick junior clubs the last few years all the more upsetting.
Pike are ok, and theres a few decent players here and there but its gone downhill compared to 10 years ago.

Now give it a rest John, the majority of us are not good enough for the LOI just like you but theres no need to be bitter.

Limerick 1 - 1 Longford
Longford on a high after there fine cup win away to Galway, we'll get a point thanks to a Stephen O'Flynn (watch him and learn Mr Grant) diving bicycle volleyed backpassed header in the 94th min.

LK37oldskool
19/08/2009, 12:27 PM
diving bicycle volleyed backpassed header in the 94th min.

That will be the No.1 video on youtube by sat evening! :D

bluewhitearmy
19/08/2009, 12:39 PM

Not another one is that not how he scored against Limerick b on saturday. Striker 9 maybe we should sign you im sure you would walk into the team ..............................oops

Monkfish
19/08/2009, 12:45 PM

That will be the No.1 video on youtube by sat evening! :D

It would never knock this off the top spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63OXKIY0kwM

bluewhitearmy
19/08/2009, 12:53 PM
:D did you play in that game striker 9?

Monkfish
19/08/2009, 1:13 PM
Think hes the guy on the crutches going over to hit someone, pace and movement are the same anyway. :eek:

bluewhitearmy
19/08/2009, 4:20 PM
Has he gotten that much faster must have really put in the work.

Monkfish
20/08/2009, 8:27 AM
good one kev;)

I recorded it myself. :D

bluewhitearmy
20/08/2009, 12:03 PM
Was that not you?:D

Martinho II
20/08/2009, 8:38 PM
whats the pitch like for tomorrow nights match lads considering the heavy rain over the country over the last two days?

Jofspring
20/08/2009, 9:14 PM
whats the pitch like for tomorrow nights match lads considering the heavy rain over the country over the last two days?

Should hold up alright. Been through heavy rain than this and i don't think there has been any matches on it recently.

Monkfish
21/08/2009, 8:58 AM

Plenty of Kilkee standard sand on the pitch to soak it up, no doubt there will be games off though.

GenerationXI
21/08/2009, 8:15 PM
2-0 already!?!?!?!

God your out of a place for a month and look what happens!
:rolleyes:

Denis The Red
21/08/2009, 8:31 PM
Limerick have just scored woohoo:rolleyes:. 1-4, what the f**k is going on???:mad:

Denis The Red
21/08/2009, 8:52 PM
It's over Limerick 1-4 Longford. Couldn't get to the game tonight, could someone explain what the hell happened???

blueblood
21/08/2009, 9:18 PM
What happened was that team aren't a patch on the team we had when Scully took over, first he destroved our midfield now he's destroved our defence and why doesn't he bring in a half decent keeper, what the hell is he up to :mad:.
P.s the ref and linesmen were also useless :confused:

pimpong
21/08/2009, 9:32 PM
sorry to say but limerick will never get promoted..socking stuff tonight..no wonder everyone wants out

Pious37
21/08/2009, 9:37 PM
Team ****e, Ref ****e, Everything ****e. What the hell is going on. The best thing that happened from a Limerick point of view all night was the scrap at the end and the handbags in the dugout

Battery Rover
21/08/2009, 9:39 PM
why doesn't he bring in a half decent keeper,

Whats the story with big Davy Ryan

SeniorBlue
21/08/2009, 9:42 PM
sorry to say but limerick will never get promoted..socking stuff tonight..no wonder everyone wants out

I drove home from Kilkee this evening to see that sh#ite, the only one who can have any pride tonight is Conor Molan. I'm disgusted, bloody hurlers made us feel like crap last week and now this crap. For anyone of the three hundred others that bothered to turn up, tell me how we have gone so backward, i believed in Scully but two four goal hammerings at home and i'm seeing players leaving well i'm rapidly changing my mind

Pious37
21/08/2009, 9:45 PM
gotta be trouble in house. Why are players coming and leaving almost immediately. Seams strange. Same old ****e. Someting needs to be done but as always it wont. Feel sorry for all the people who voluneer only to be let down on the field. Fingers crossed for future

alidiei
21/08/2009, 9:47 PM
I drove home from Kilkee this evening to see that sh#ite, the only one who can have any pride tonight is Conor Molan. I'm disgusted, bloody hurlers made us feel like crap last week and now this crap. For anyone of the three hundred others that bothered to turn up, tell me how we have gone so backward, i believed in Scully but two four goal hammerings at home and i'm seeing players leaving well i'm rapidly changing my mind
horrible result..what was the team and who scored

bluewhitearmy
21/08/2009, 10:14 PM
Team was Ryan storan molan purcell(sheehan) deady ryan(mcgrath) hughes kavanagh treacy o flynn kelleher(lyons). molan got our goal. Shocking stuff disgusted.

L37Ultra
21/08/2009, 10:22 PM
Glad I missed this one.

Where is the passion the side had last season. Fair enough if the quality isn't there but from what I heard there was no pride in that side tonight.

Need to change something quickly,

LFC-Zulu
21/08/2009, 10:53 PM
What happened was that team aren't a patch on the team we had when Scully took over, first he destroved our midfield now he's destroved our defence and why doesn't he bring in a half decent keeper, what the hell is he up to :mad:.
P.s the ref and linesmen were also useless :confused:
Please explain?.. Are you telling me that Kavanagh, Roche, Stephen O' Flynn and Boylers aren't as good as the likes of Manjor, Scanlan, James Hayes and Brendan Daly????

LFC-Zulu
21/08/2009, 10:55 PM
Team ****e, Ref ****e, Everything ****e. What the hell is going on. The best thing that happened from a Limerick point of view all night was the scrap at the end and the handbags in the dugout
No comment.

Denis The Red
22/08/2009, 12:54 AM
No comment.

Comment!!!

LFC-Zulu
22/08/2009, 1:30 AM
Comment!!!
I was in the blue jacket.

Good enough? ;) :p

ped_ped
22/08/2009, 1:31 AM
Pitiful game of football. First 45 minutes were the worst I have ever seen, from both sides.

After that Longford were well on top and scored whenever they felt like it.

I respect Dave Ryan, think he's a quality 'keeper, but he was a disgrace tonight. Especially for the second and third goals.

Off the pitch, the atmosphere in the grounds was terrible. 322 people (seemed like alot less), none of the lads there for singing... it was even lovely weather for football, but there was a bit of a Sunday morning league feel to the whole thing... and unfortunately that was reflected in Limerick's play.