PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Friendlies Sell-Out

tiktok
05/02/2004, 10:35 AM
The 9000 terrace tickets that went on sale this morning through ticketmaster sold out in less than fifteen minutes. Nice little earner for the FAI (and ticketmaster no doubt) at sixty euro a pop.

more on breakingnews.ie (http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/02/05/story132794.html)

hopefully, all those who bought in will turn up and enjoy all three games. (jeez i'm a cynic :D )

Condex
05/02/2004, 10:49 AM
They should have charged at least 70 euros for the 3 tickets.
Otherwise how are they supposed to make some money to develop youth teams etc...

BOF
05/02/2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
The 9000 terrace tickets that went on sale this morning through ticketmaster sold out in less than fifteen minutes.

What a terrible service the Ticketmaster web site offered. It was obviously swamped by demand as soon as it opened at 9:00AM

I was looking for 1 child ticket set for and even though i eventually suceeded in entering my payment details (this at about 9:10) I couldnt connect to the server for the payment to go through. Ticketmaster have a 5 minute window to confirm your booking and when I eventually did connect to the server I was told to start again as the 5 minute period had elapsed. Needless to say all the tickets were sold out by this.

WHAT UTTER AND TOTAL CR@P

Far from Gruntled
brendan

tiktok
05/02/2004, 10:59 AM
i've had conversations with a few at work who experienced a similar fate brendan.

what i'd advise is to ring around anyone who has a ticketmaster machine. outlets can print off tickets ahead of the 9am start and may not sell them all right away. a few outlets might have some available, especially when it's been announced as sold out already, you'd never know your luck.

BOF
05/02/2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks 4 that Tiktok. Ill try

brendan

tetsujin1979
05/02/2004, 12:25 PM
I use Opera to browse the internet, rather than internet explorer, mainly because it allows you to turn off pop-ups permanently.
One of the other things it does is store every page you have visited in memory, so today when I got time out errors connecting to ticketmaster, I was able to click "back" on the menu and the previous page appeared straight away without having to try and reconnect to ticketmaster, with all my details saved on it, and I could click "Continue" to try and submit again. Took a bit of going back and clicking continue but I was able to get my tickets eventually.

Not much use to anyone now I know but hopefully it'll be useful in the future.