PDA

View Full Version : Carty confirmed as signing for Rovers

TheRealRovers
04/02/2004, 6:47 PM
From sligorovers.com

Carty confirmed as signing for Rovers

Sligo Rovers have confirmed that Paul McTiernan and former Abbey United star, Keith Carty have signed for the coming season.

Rovers manager, Don O'Riordan is delighted to secure the services of last year's top scorer McTiernan for another term and is also looking forward to the arrival of Keith Carty.

There was speculation that Carty, a free-scoring former Abbey United man who made a big impact in Monaghan and Dundalk last time out, was going to opt for Kildare, but he has committed to his home town team.

According to O'Riordan, "Keith impressed a lot last year in Monaghan and Dundalk and there were a lot of clubs chasing him."

"He's a very exciting player, a proven goal-scorer who had a great first season in senior football and I'm sure he will build on that success at The Showgrounds. The fact that he's a local lad, who wants to play for Rovers is an added bonus," he concluded

No doubt Rovers fan will look forward to these two quality players terrorising defences in the coming year.

eamoss
04/02/2004, 6:58 PM
I was ****ed at Carty when I found out that after agreeing terms wit Dundalk he left for Kildare which made no sence, But now seeing that he has join up wit his home town club I will forgive him!

Estar
04/02/2004, 7:03 PM
Judas!!;) before the **** crew he turned his back twice LOL!

Does that mean we can get Paddy Mulvihill? or has he gone to Athlone Town:D

A face
09/02/2004, 1:49 PM
Sligo nip in to snap up Carty

Sligo Rovers have pulled the carpet from under First Division rivals Kildare County and Dundalk by signing striker Keith Carty, the young Sligo native whose future has been the subject of intense speculation over the past fortnight.

Carty - who is a Sligo native - made a big impact after joining Dundalk from Monaghan United before the transfer deadline last summer.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/story.asp?newsid=9727)

gustavo
09/02/2004, 1:55 PM
what kinda striker is he?
i know he was good with abbey united a few years ago but i dunno if he has the abilty at first division level though he seemeed to do ok at dundalk

TheRealRovers
10/02/2004, 6:56 PM
SLIGO native Keith Carty, who made such an impact with Dundalk in last season’s eircom League First Division, scoring eight goals in 12 games, has joined Sligo Rovers, the club he supported as a boy.
More (http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=16461)