PDA

View Full Version : Brazil Squad for Friendly Announced

Junior
04/02/2004, 3:58 PM
The full Brazil squad (friendly v Republic of Ireland, February 18th, 2004)

Goalkeepers: Dida (AC Milan), Marcos (Palmeiras).
Defenders: Belletti (Villarreal), Cafu (AC Milan), Edmilson (Olympique Lyon), Juan (Bayer Leverkusen), Junior (Siena), Lucio (Bayer Leverkusen), Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid), Roque Junior (Siena)
Midfielders: Emerson (AS Roma), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Kaka (AC Milan), Kleberson (Manchester United), Julio Baptista (Sevilla), Juninho Paulista (Middlesbrough), Juninho Pernambucano (Olympique Lyon), Ze Roberto (Bayern Munich)
Forwards: Adriano (Inter Milan), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Luis Fabiano (Sao Paulo).

John83
04/02/2004, 4:21 PM
That looks awesome. I can't wait to see them in action.

Junior
05/02/2004, 8:26 AM
aye, I know. Only Rivaldo missing really.

pete
05/02/2004, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by John83
That looks awesome. I can't wait to see them in action.

I really thought they throw in a good few young players that playing in europe but almost every one of those Brazilians would get into the Irish team. France might have even trouble bring better quality squad to Dublin for the Euro qualifiers.

btw good move by Rooney to byndle the tickets. €60 is a steal for 3 quality intrrnational matches.

gustavo
05/02/2004, 4:51 PM
i saw real madrid seville last nite and that baptiste guy is gonna be a big star. hes only 19 but hes built like a brick ****house wudnt be surprised if he got a run out . but it is a ludricriously strong squad .

Jon'o
05/02/2004, 7:10 PM
i saw brazil play jamaica at leicesters walkers stadium in october, for that game too they put a full team out.

They seemed to sit back a little against jamaica although carlos scored a great goal. They played a 'full strengh team' for a good 75/80 mins and then only brought on 2 subs.

Unlike some teams brazil didnt seem to look down at the jamaican team and their conduct through out was great to see.

Any ideas on the team we will put out? or when it will be anounced

Macy
06/02/2004, 8:32 AM
Originally posted by pete
btw good move by Rooney to byndle the tickets. €60 is a steal for 3 quality intrrnational matches.
tbh €60 now looks underpriced.... Hindsight is great, but after the speed they sold out, they could've put more of a premium on the Barzil tickets....

tiktok
06/02/2004, 3:41 PM
to get back to the Brazilian squad, it's on www.eleven-a-side.com that Ronaldo is a bit doubtful for the game.

eirebhoy
17/02/2004, 10:10 AM
Junihno (Lyon midfieder) has pulled out with injury. He's the player who scored 2 goals against Celtic and looks a smashing player. As most of you will also know Emerson pulled out last week and was replaced by Rockenbach.