PDA

View Full Version : Positives

rovers100%
09/08/2009, 9:27 PM
so we all talking about where we going wrong and all the faults this year but surely there are some positives, our european adventure, players playing well this year, new signings, setanta cup, cork cup game. im sure everyone has something. maybe us like the team need to start thinking positively and with positivity things may improve. far too much complaining this weather(me included) and for all the rovers downfalls we have all had some positive experience this season surely ???

Rovers1
09/08/2009, 10:02 PM
We have a very decent squad thats more than capable of winning the cup and getting us outta this mess..

some other positives include:

We're still in the cup
Away Buses(Cork,Bohs(EA), Derry)
We beat Derry in Derry
We beat Dundalk in Dundalk
We still have a club to follow
Matthew Blinkhorn
Martin Camano's warm-up V Galway
Raffeale Cretaro
Richard Brush
Paul Cook
Gerry Carr
Throwing toilet brushes in toilets in Supermacs
I haven't got 'overly upset' this season (personal one)
'Yanking' Rovers Fans leg
Rovers Fan V Sean Kerr
Alice Kerr
Romuald Boco
Jim Flanagan
Crutches
Sligoman
The Sligoman Song
Sligoman being cheered as he eats
Foreskin
Alot of younger lads have joined in the singing with FR
Owen Morrison interacting with Pats and Fingal fans...

add your own....

Boo_Boy
09/08/2009, 10:16 PM
Mole
Xano

that is all.

CF1989
10/08/2009, 12:38 AM
we've added some quality to the squad in the summer
seem to finally have an out and out striker
still time to turn it around
still in the cup
still have the setanta cup
2 wins in the space of 4 days could turn our season around (2 defeats could ruin it)
steadying the ship financially (vincent nally)

probably one or two more, cant think of them now though, plenty of negatives i can think of aswell

Rovers fan
10/08/2009, 12:52 AM
Obviously it's been a depressing season, but the league cup run was enjoyable, despite the defeat against bohs (however one positive from the bohs game was the support. There was a huge crowd and we were very vocal. Why can't everyone join in at other away games though?!). We're still in the fai cup and the setanta cup and staying in the premier division is still in our hands. Yes, it has been tough season, but there's a long, long way to go. The trips to cork (in the cup) and derry away were top notch and will live long in my memory. The trip to albania has also provided many memories, despite the bad result. The home win against cork in the cup, well that's why we support the rovers, isn't it?

I think Blinkhorn is an excellent signing, and can turn our season. He is exactly what we needed, and will work well with raf. I must say, and I always thought it, Boco has been fantastic this season. People say peersie is underrated, but I think rommy can also be taken for granted at times. He's our best player imho, and works so hard for the team.

Keep the faith is my motto:)

Brian Boru
10/08/2009, 6:47 PM
Cork City Away - Magic.
Cork City Home
Stand up for the Bit o Red rendition by everyone at Dalymount
Rommy Boco- international class.

Looking forward to Solitude as well:)

rovers100%
10/08/2009, 8:32 PM
@ rovers1 dont forget fabio o brien calling ya down for a fight in dundalk, i reckon ya kick started his career as he left not long after lol. he owes ya a big juicy kiss......:D

Rovers1
10/08/2009, 8:49 PM
@ rovers1 dont forget fabio o brien calling ya down for a fight in dundalk, i reckon ya kick started his career as he left not long after lol. he owes ya a big juicy kiss......:D

I owe those stewards my life! :o

dong
10/08/2009, 9:15 PM
Stand up for the Bit o Red rendition by everyone at Dalymount:)

Was savage alright.

sligoman
10/08/2009, 10:01 PM
Stand up for the Bit o Red rendition by everyone at Dalymount
Was savage alright.The first one(when we were winning with about 2 mins to go) was the best but I don't have a video of it. This is the one when we were 4-2 down:
-jZ3vQaCbHw

1st time post
10/08/2009, 11:41 PM
Ya was class....still hard to top the one in tolka the night against Killester at start of 2nd half of extra time....best away support since mid 90s that night and still havent seen it like that since

Rory H
11/08/2009, 12:12 AM
A positive is Rovers always responds when backed into a corner and we have to stay with them. We've faced a lot harder things off the pitch over the last year and a bit to start whining now, lot of digs at Cookie and the players recently, whether or not they are fair doesn't matter, this is the squad we have and the manager so lets stay positive.

They know the pressure is on them, lets see if they react tomorrow night and the next dozen or so games. They do look a team with a fear in them, but looking through the expected starting line-up tomorrow, bar Martin Camano cos have only seen him play 55 mins, everyone of the players are top quality. They are playing for their futures, if they go down their full-time contracts go with them, you'd like to think we're all pulling in the same direction so lets keep it that way.

To celebrate R&W Rover's coming of age gathering in Jimmy's from 5.30....he might not be there but sure it is the thought that counts. Forza Sligoman.

Only1Rovers
11/08/2009, 11:19 AM
http://www.sligochampion.ie/sport/soccer/rovers-outline-development-plan-for-showgrounds-1856023.html

...something to be positive about...

sligofan4ever
11/08/2009, 4:49 PM
http://www.sligochampion.ie/sport/soccer/rovers-outline-development-plan-for-showgrounds-1856023.html

Very ambitious considering the trouble we were in last summer. Hopefully it happen's and it all pays off, will do wonders for the club and will, as said in the Champion, "make it look like one of the finest grounds in the league". After losing the shed and now the original Jinks Avenue stand possibly going, where will the Forza Lads go then ? atleast until its done up until if it goes ahead.

MMVIII
11/08/2009, 5:11 PM
Very ambitious considering the trouble we were in last summer. Hopefully it happen's and it all pays off, will do wonders for the club and will, as said in the Champion, "make it look like one of the finest grounds in the league". After losing the shed and now the original Jinks Avenue stand possibly going, where will the Forza Lads go then ? atleast until its done up until if it goes ahead.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

rovers100%
11/08/2009, 5:29 PM
well no harm in thinking big it can only help us as a club, as long as we realise the limits financially.

Well Red
11/08/2009, 6:21 PM
Hate positives as it always means you have just lost a game. Love to bet the house on Rovers winning tonight but all the positives have put me off.:(

rovers100%
11/08/2009, 9:07 PM
thank god ya didnt bet, good bet is derry to progress in next round of fai cup and the positive outta that is your guaranteed a profit lol;)

SligoBrewer
15/08/2009, 2:02 PM

What's happening the Shed End?