PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd vs Chelsea

limerickblue
09/08/2009, 1:49 PM
anybody know where i could get streaming for the game, my skybox is after breaking and im not planning on driving to the local the hurling will be on.
cheers

Razors left peg
09/08/2009, 1:56 PM
anybody know where i could get streaming for the game, my skybox is after breaking and im not planning on driving to the local the hurling will be on.
cheers

lots of links for it on here...
http://www.rojadirecta.com/

CF1989
09/08/2009, 4:12 PM
poor refereeing, ballack should have gone for that imo

Razors left peg
09/08/2009, 5:32 PM
I dont think Ballack deserved anymore than a yellow but I was under the impression that refs had to stop the game when a player has a head injury, Evra was clearly holding his face when he went down so it was terrible refereeing that game was allowed to to continue

ATFC-1887
09/08/2009, 11:49 PM
comn u blues :D

Dodge
09/08/2009, 11:54 PM
I dont think Ballack deserved anymore than a yellow but I was under the impression that refs had to stop the game when a player has a head injury, Evra was clearly holding his face when he went down so it was terrible refereeing that game was allowed to to continue

No one to blame but Rooney who continued to play on. Obviously wasn't a head injury

old git
10/08/2009, 12:24 AM
No one to blame but Rooney who continued to play on. Obviously wasn't a head injury

rooney had his back to incident when he played on... referee stopped game 5 min earlier when ballack went down holding chest when utd on the attack.... chelsea had plenty of time to put ball out of play and it must also be noted they played on when nani went down injured earlier ... :ball:

Dodge
10/08/2009, 12:29 AM
rooney had his back to incident when he played on... referee stopped game 5 min earlier when ballack went down holding chest when utd on the attack.... chelsea had plenty of time to put ball out of play and it must also be noted they played on when nani went down injured earlier ... :ball:

Rooney wasn't the only player to play on. didn't see too many Utd players screaming at their team amtes to put it out

Razors left peg
10/08/2009, 1:18 PM

Evra went down holding his face... I thought that refs were under orders to stop the game in that situation, they do 99% of the time anyway

DeLorean
10/08/2009, 1:25 PM
Didn't see any of it, was watchin the gaa. Sounds like a good match for once?

Den Perry
10/08/2009, 1:57 PM
Didn't see any of it, was watchin the gaa. Sounds like a good match for once?

I started to watch it and couldn't listen to Andy Gray and Martin Tyler. I don't know what I'm gonna do for the season, except put on the mute button whenever those two apes are on

DeLorean
10/08/2009, 2:00 PM
I don't mind Tyler but Andy Gray is a tool.

Infadel
10/08/2009, 2:09 PM
So will ESPN have better commentary than Sky do or will it be like this yob:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW2d-QrnFgA

dublinred
10/08/2009, 3:05 PM
I don't mind Tyler but Andy Gray is a tool.

He was good at playing with his tools at HT /FT but as a co-commentator he is awful unfortunatly i have UPC and don't have the alternative commentary options, the radio seems to always be a few seconds faster.

Oink
12/08/2009, 9:06 AM
I started to watch it and couldn't listen to Andy Gray and Martin Tyler. I don't know what I'm gonna do for the season, except put on the mute button whenever those two apes are on

At least they don't name drop every 5 seconds or regurgitate the same nonsensical cliches.... oh wait..

Thoughts on the match:

Im a Chelsea fan so huzzah the least important trophy ever is in the bag!

Evra needs to stock up on Yorkies

Ballack aka Kruger finally contributed to a game

United fans are still the moaniest in the league... Neil Warnock should replace Ferguson.

United's midfield is either garbage or too old or a new signing who will take too long to settle.

Chelsea have zero pace and creativity ... get well soon Joe Cole!

Ashley Cole would be considered the best full back in the world if he wasnt such a ****.

Rooney is still completely overrated

Berbatov had one unbelievable moment of controlling a ball and expended as much energy for the rest of the game as a sloth would.

Ben Foster is Massimo Taibi in disguise.

Essien needs to play in the centre.

Malouda must be dynamite at stroking managers... ego's.

Anelka needs some Gary Lineker "how to play as a front man" lessons.

Benitez is an Arseh*le and we all hate Liverpool.

old git
13/08/2009, 12:00 AM
At least they don't name drop every 5 seconds or regurgitate the same nonsensical cliches.... oh wait..

Thoughts on the match:

Im a Chelsea fan so huzzah the least important trophy ever is in the bag!

Evra needs to stock up on Yorkies

Ballack aka Kruger finally contributed to a game

United fans are still the moaniest in the league... Neil Warnock should replace Ferguson.

United's midfield is either garbage or too old or a new signing who will take too long to settle.

Chelsea have zero pace and creativity ... get well soon Joe Cole!

Ashley Cole would be considered the best full back in the world if he wasnt such a ****.

Rooney is still completely overrated

Berbatov had one unbelievable moment of controlling a ball and expended as much energy for the rest of the game as a sloth would.

Ben Foster is Massimo Taibi in disguise.

Essien needs to play in the centre.

Malouda must be dynamite at stroking managers... ego's.

Anelka needs some Gary Lineker "how to play as a front man" lessons.

Benitez is an Arseh*le and we all hate Liverpool.

cracking post :D:D

CF1989
13/08/2009, 12:07 AM
fosters first bad game, wouldnt compare him to taibi.

o'shea kept letting anelka cut inside onto his stronger right foot and get a few shots away, silly defending from him....

the referee didnt put his hands out as you would normally signalling advantage, so he's just covering himself by saying he played advantage and united lost it. wouldnt mind if ballack just stopped and let evra run into him, but he moved a few steps to the right and shoulderd him in the chest/jaw.

we'll just have to wait and see how the first few games go. chelsea to hammer hull on opening day and look unstoppable for a few weeks, then united start getting into their stride. two horse race imo for the title.

ATFC-1887
14/08/2009, 8:12 AM

Players are told to play the whistle so why should Chelsea stop play

Neish
14/08/2009, 8:41 AM
Players are told to play the whistle so why should Chelsea stop play

Its called sportsmanship, but then again it is Chelsea were talking about so why indeed.

gustavo
14/08/2009, 8:44 AM
Its called sportsmanship, but then again it is Chelsea were talking about so why indeed.

Players were specifically told to allow the referee to use his discretion as to when the play to be stopped otherwise it leads to confusion

ATFC-1887
14/08/2009, 9:10 AM

sounds like sour grapes to me.

united fans are the cockiest, biggest excuse makers in the world and they simply cant handle a defeat when it comes there way.

most united fans only started supporting united because they were good. i for one supported chelsea all my life and have been to over 40 chelsea games and am delighted we bet that dirty shower on sunday. roll on next may when the super blues return to the top of english football ;)

DeLorean
14/08/2009, 9:49 AM
most united fans only started supporting united because they were good. i for one supported chelsea all my life and have been to over 40 chelsea games

What a true fan you are. All your life supporting the minnows from London, all the way from Athlone. Shur most people hadn't even heard of them when you were paying your hard earned cash to see them. Get over yourself.

By the way, I've no problem with Chelsea playing on.

ATFC-1887
14/08/2009, 10:58 AM
ye they clearly havent heard of chelsea...

good one

DeLorean
14/08/2009, 11:45 AM
Hadn't! anyway...I think you might actually be right in your optimism regarding the PL. Think it's between Chelsea and United really.

ATFC-1887
14/08/2009, 12:13 PM
oh i'm sorry my grammar isn't up to scratch

Umberside
14/08/2009, 12:26 PM
I know a guy I went to school with and he has supported Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd during his life. He was Arsenal in 2002 (when they won the double), Man Utd until 2005 (won the Premier League and FA Cup) but when Chelsea won the Carling Cup and the Premier League in 2005 he jumped on the bandwagon for them as well.

The saddest thing of all though is, despite Cork City winning the Eircom League in 2005, playing Champions League and UEFA Cup annually and winning Setanta Cup and FAI Cup too, he has never had any interest at all in them.

It's people like him who are the root cause of the League of Ireland's problems.

DeLorean
14/08/2009, 12:42 PM
oh i'm sorry my grammar isn't up to scratch

Don't worry about it

It's people like him who are the root cause of the League of Ireland's problems.

Fair enough the whole club switching thing is more than a bit sad but I wouldn't hold it against him too much for not forking out to watch CC every secong week. I went to a few CC matches the last couple of seasons as I was working down there and to be honest I thought it was a bit of a rip off. €15 to get in plus €3 for a programme that is mostly ads, but somehow I felt obliged to buy. Throw in a few quid for a carton of chips and you're taking over 20 bucks for something that I had little more than a passing interest in. Maybe that might seem reasonable to a die hard LOI fan but not to get the general public interest. I can see why they are in trouble. Sorry for going off track a bit.

old git
14/08/2009, 3:12 PM
sounds like sour grapes to me.

united fans are the cockiest, biggest excuse makers in the world and they simply cant handle a defeat when it comes there way.

most united fans only started supporting united because they were good. i for one supported chelsea all my life and have been to over 40 chelsea games and am delighted we bet that dirty shower on sunday. roll on next may when the super blues return to the top of english football ;)

what's that old saying " people in glasshouses " just think back to the wonderful chelsea when barcelona knocked them out of champions league semi-final... oh how gracious chelsea were in defeat
their players were so sporting and club went out off their way to congratulate barcelona !!! :eek: as chelsea roughly play 40-50 games a year so then you must go to watch them once or twice a year a hell of utd / liverpool / arsenal fans etc have also followed them all their life .. and chelsea have also recently attracted the so-called gloryhunters in the last few years ..

ATFC-1887
15/08/2009, 12:46 PM
im 19 and have been going over since i was 9 so 10 years. 41 games. do yer maths. not made of money . maybe you are and all but yeah !! ****:mad:

Umberside
15/08/2009, 12:51 PM
im 19 and have been going over since i was 9 so 10 years. 41 games. do yer maths. not made of money . maybe you are and all but yeah !! ****:mad:

True supporter, fair play to you. :ball: