PDA

View Full Version : Rovers fans in Belfast ??

dortie
04/02/2004, 11:23 AM
I just heard from a source in Belfast that some Rovers fans started a bit of bother after the Linfield game recently in Belfast. Whats the story behind this ? Did they sing 'Whats it like to serve a queen' to their comrades in Belfast or what ?

Colm
04/02/2004, 11:39 AM
I know that a group of Rovers fans travelled to Belfast for the Cliftonville-Linfield game last saturday week. Don't know if they got involved in any hassle or not.

pete
04/02/2004, 11:49 AM
I think ist common enough for groups of Rovers fams to go to Cliftonville game buit hadn't heard of any trouble...

Always wondered about that srervoing Queen thing myself...only joking ;)

Colm
04/02/2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by pete
I think ist common enough for groups of Rovers fams to go to Cliftonville game buit hadn't heard of any trouble...

Yeah, i think they've got some link between their fans groups.
Rovers fans do this kind of thing regularly, I think some of them were in Ibrox for the Panathonikos game, as their respective Ultras have some kind of link.

Maybe one of the Rovers fans here, could shed some light on all this?

RFC_Loyal
04/02/2004, 12:11 PM
rovers!!! which rovers? **** all you fenian *******s, we r the gers!!! :)

dortie
04/02/2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by RFC_LOYAL

:rolleyes: .........a **** taker or another un-educated pro-test-ant.

Zzzzzzzzzz:o

WeAreRovers
04/02/2004, 12:28 PM

Someone get this nice man an avatar to go with his nice name and signature. ;)

About 70 of us went to the Linfield game which is the most we've ever brought up to Cliftonville. A good day out was had by all and there was no trouble just the usual Rovers high-jinks which some people insist on misinterpreting.

KOH

RFC_Loyal
04/02/2004, 12:28 PM
seriousley mate which rovers are you on about?

paudie
04/02/2004, 12:42 PM
seriousley mate which rovers are you on about?

Shamrock Rovers from Dublin.

NorthoftheLee
04/02/2004, 2:56 PM
Originally signatured by RFC_LOYAL
Rangers - No surrender!

not that i care too much for the SPL but havent Rangers just surrendered the league to Celtic without much of a fight..????

TommyT
05/02/2004, 1:53 PM
There was a bit of pushing and shoving outside apparently involving a few Hoops who'd gone to the bar at half time and were thus locked out of the game (some H+S rule). Most people were still locked in the ground however.

dortie
05/02/2004, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by TommyT
There was a bit of pushing and shoving outside apparently involving a few Hoops who'd gone to the bar at half time and were thus locked out of the game (some H+S rule). Most people were still locked in the ground however.

Spit it out Tommy........:D

You boys acting the rebels........makes a change from acting the loyalists when we play yee :p

TommyT
06/02/2004, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by dortie
Spit it out Tommy........:D

You boys acting the rebels........makes a change from acting the loyalists when we play yee :p

I was inside so that's all you'll get outta me. I could recount the second hand info I got but the poor Cork fans on here might get upset. The poor dears are still recovering from the trauma of Richmond last season

dortie
06/02/2004, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by TommyT
I could recount the second hand info I got but the poor Cork fans on here might get upset.

What info ??? Did they all sign up to fight for Irelands freedom or Just run back to Dublin again ?;)

Roo69
09/02/2004, 9:01 AM
hearsd that Rovers fans started fighting eachother on the train on the way back down and that one of them glassed another one ! how true it is i dont know but came from a good source