PDA

View Full Version : Ireland V Australia: Thomond Park

L37Ultra
07/08/2009, 11:55 PM
The international friendly on Wednesday is an ideal opportunity for Limerick FC to promote the club to thousands of football fans.

While I understand not all in attendance will be from Limerick, the majority will be. I've heard 15,000 tickets were sold last week and they are selling fast this week.

It is a perfect opportunity to promote the club in the city. What, if anything, is the club doing on Wednesday?

trueblue09
08/08/2009, 1:08 AM
The international friendly on Wednesday is an ideal opportunity for Limerick FC to promote the club to thousands of football fans.

While I understand not all in attendance will be from Limerick, the majority will be. I've heard 15,000 tickets were sold last week and they are selling fast this week.

It is a perfect opportunity to promote the club in the city. What, if anything, is the club doing on Wednesday?

for starters, if the game is on in limerick why in the name of god are people going to tipp to watch the team train "a joke if u ask me" . not too sure what the club will do with this one it would be nice to see LFC flags alongside fai flags for starters. i heard a rumour (only a rumour) that some of the kids from the soccer schools from lfc were walking out with the teams. would be good if it happened after all the fai are always on about grass roots football ???????????????????/

bluewhitearmy
08/08/2009, 1:22 AM
Id be very interested to know that i think you make a great point.

Monkfish
08/08/2009, 10:51 AM
I think Trapp should get kidknapped by one of our many gangs only to be saved by a crack team of LFC fans in full SC gear (jersey, scarf, can of bulmers) just in time for kick off. Imagine the exposure! :cool:

LK37oldskool
08/08/2009, 12:41 PM
The very least we should do is have some volunteers trying to sell Leo's Lottery around the ground and even try and promote next Fridays game.
Monkfish,you've come up with some crackin idea's before but this tops the lot! :D

old git
08/08/2009, 1:07 PM
for starters, if the game is on in limerick why in the name of god are people going to tipp to watch the team train "a joke if u ask me" . not too sure what the club will do with this one it would be nice to see LFC flags alongside fai flags for starters. i heard a rumour (only a rumour) that some of the kids from the soccer schools from lfc were walking out with the teams. would be good if it happened after all the fai are always on about grass roots football ???????????????????/

apprantly you cant even see them train in tipp :mad: you need a fai pass to get access to cooke park.. and passes only distributed via tipperary district league by fai... bit of a joke really as i am sure people from limerick / clare / waterford etc would have been intrested to see players up close and personal ... then again as you said if match is on at thomond park why are the team not training at thomond park ... once again fai show they don't care about the paying public have no problem taking your 25 / 35 / 55 euro to watch game but go out of their way to make it as difficult as possible for fans to see players training :mad:

Monkfish
08/08/2009, 3:06 PM
Monkfish,you've come up with some crackin idea's before

Such a pity theres too few who act upon them. :(

37Beour
08/08/2009, 5:46 PM
apprantly you cant even see them train in tipp :mad: you need a fai pass to get access to cooke park.. and passes only distributed via tipperary district league by fai... bit of a joke really as i am sure people from limerick / clare / waterford etc would have been intrested to see players up close and personal ... then again as you said if match is on at thomond park why are the team not training at thomond park ... once again fai show they don't care about the paying public have no problem taking your 25 / 35 / 55 euro to watch game but go out of their way to make it as difficult as possible for fans to see players training :mad:

I managed to get 4 passes for this training session...anyone know if many passes have been issued? Just trying to get an idea of crowd size for parking etc :o

Paddywhackspurs
08/08/2009, 8:45 PM
I managed to get 4 passes for this training session...anyone know if many passes have been issued? Just trying to get an idea of crowd size for parking etc :o

Around 5000 handed out.

old git
08/08/2009, 10:28 PM

were did you get your passes from ...:(

37Beour
08/08/2009, 11:43 PM
Someone from my club rang me and said an FAI development officer had 8 tickets did I want some...so I took four from her.

As far as I know the other four are gone but if not il let you know instead of leaving um go to waste!

37Beour
10/08/2009, 3:36 PM
Went to training session this morning....wasn't great! Actually delighted to notice all the drills they do my team do in training. :D There was no real atmosphere almost funeral like but couldn't expect more at a training session! Got some great pics with players but the new baby must be keeping Robbie awake coz he wasn't a happy camper!:p

Monkfish
11/08/2009, 9:41 AM
There was no real atmosphere

You mean the ole ole brigade werent out with their plastic hammers? shocking! :eek:

old git
11/08/2009, 1:10 PM
looking for some help ... trying to get hold of a adult north terrace ticket ( schoolboy section) have 3 schoolboys tickets for relatives but cannot get an adult ticket for north terrace to accompany them as kids are to young to let in on there own ... have tried fai ticket office /thomond park but no luck and could not find any outlet selling them any help please p.m me

joeSoap
11/08/2009, 1:35 PM
lfc should give out club hats and we will go out begging with them should get enough to cover the wages for this week:) I'd say your own wage bill is just as high...ex LOI legends don't come cheap.

prince20
11/08/2009, 1:44 PM
looking for some help ... trying to get hold of a adult north terrace ticket ( schoolboy section) have 3 schoolboys tickets for relatives but cannot get an adult ticket for north terrace to accompany them as kids are to young to let in on there own ... have tried fai ticket office /thomond park but no luck and could not find any outlet selling them any help please p.m me

try www.toutless.com (http://www.toutless.com)

see's it
11/08/2009, 5:02 PM
I'd say your own wage bill is just as high...ex LOI legends don't come cheap.

especially the amount of jaffa cakes he gets through

Martinho II
11/08/2009, 8:30 PM
anyone on this forum going to the match tomorrow night? me and massop 10 are going to it.. cant wait to visit thormond park for the first time..

Jofspring
11/08/2009, 9:09 PM
anyone on this forum going to the match tomorrow night? me and massop 10 are going to it.. cant wait to visit thormond park for the first time..

I'll be heading up anyway. Hopefully the weather holds up tomorrow night. In the limerick papers they are putting down over 20,000 expected for the Ireland match as a positive and todays national papers are wording it that only around 20,000 will be at the match and putting it as a negative, typical :rolleyes: Come tommorrow night the place will probably be full as alot of people will decide to go last minute. Not a pleasure alot of people from this side of the country usually have.

Monkfish
12/08/2009, 12:28 AM
lfc should give out club hats and we will go out begging with them should get enough to cover the wages for this week:)

Your right, club needs money to get some decent players in, not the sort of damaged goods thats getting handed back to the Fairgreen. Fella from Pike was telling me their calling you Failview Rejects or something?

Monkfish
12/08/2009, 12:53 AM

Club will have a stall or some form of presence there so your bound to see some of the regulars on here hanging around harassing people. TP borders on some of the citys lovely Northside estates so feel free to ramble around. (just avoid the pubs later on that night)

Monkfish
12/08/2009, 11:14 PM
Nearly fell off my chair when I seen Leo the Lion walking around the East stand about 30 mins into the match :D

Shocking performance by Dave Ryan in goal at HT (and Karl Spain) it has to be said, nice bit of exposure for the club on the day though.

sligoman
13/08/2009, 6:14 PM
People were getting their pictures taken with Leo after the match, in front of a van with Limerick FC on the side. Good to hear Karl Spain say he was a Limerick fan too...after all the kids taking peno's had been Liverpool & Man U 'fans'.

Martinho II
13/08/2009, 8:14 PM
People were getting their pictures taken with Leo after the match, in front of a van with Limerick FC on the side. Good to hear Karl Spain say he was a Limerick fan too...after all the kids taking peno's had been Liverpool & Man U 'fans'.

didnt realise you were at the match sligoman! what area were you in? I was in the east stand.. i met up with Gary Spain at the match and gave him two town athletico madrid eleven match reports for him and his dad bernard!!

gas that I will be in Limerick again next week! Might go for a stroll there again! Its some set up there didnt know that Limerick played a lot of their big games there! Why didnt they not play Real Madrid there can I ask?

sligoman
13/08/2009, 8:18 PM
didnt realise you were at the match sligoman! what area were you in? I was in the east stand.. i met up with Gary Spain at the match and gave him two town athletico madrid eleven match reports for him and his dad bernard!!

gas that I will be in Limerick again next week! Might go for a stroll there again! Its some set up there didnt know that Limerick played a lot of their big games there! Why didnt they not play Real Madrid there can I ask?In the west stand Marty, had the Rovers jersey on:).

LFC-Zulu
13/08/2009, 8:29 PM

gas that I will be in Limerick again next week! Might go for a stroll there again! Its some set up there didnt know that Limerick played a lot of their big games there! Why didnt they not play Real Madrid there can I ask?

Because a certain organisation moved it to Dublin, a decision still to this day, sickens all Limerick soccer fans.

gspain
14/08/2009, 11:29 AM
Because a certain organisation moved it to Dublin, a decision still to this day, sickens all Limerick soccer fans.

It was the club that moved it to Dublin.

Thomond Park was considered and available. However UEFA's heavy fines for pitch incursions was a factor. This is also why the Markets Field was used for Southampton and AZ67 and Thomond Park for the Tottenham friendly. The Markets Field needed a lot of work and wouldn't have been ready for the Real Madrid game.

With hindsight it was clearly a mistake to move the Real Madrid game. The main people behind the decision are no longer with us. They would be the same people that hired Eoin Hand and ran the club very well at the time albeit there were a couple of others robbing the club blind at the time too.

There were no buses or trains back to Limerick after the game. Furthermore the game failed to capture the imagination of the Dublin football public whereas Waterford got huge crowds for Man United and Celtic. Lansdowne may have also been a novelty for those ties as the national team didn't play there until a year after the Celtic game (or at least hadn't since 1927).

Martinho II
14/08/2009, 12:37 PM
In the west stand Marty, had the Rovers jersey on:).

well then I was opposire you then! many of ye travelled up?