PDA

View Full Version : Cyprus (Away) Sat 8th Oct 05

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

dcfcsteve
07/01/2005, 9:19 PM
Not to put too much of a dampener on this lads . . . Cyprus is a big dirty lump of gravel in the middle of the Med. Save your money and put it towards the WC in 2006.
I spent a fortnight in Fig Tree Bay on Cyprus once and it was the longest two weeks of my life - apart from the time I got put in an isolation ward in Ardkeen Hospital when I was a little lad.
just being honest - Cyprus is nothing to write home about, but then again you're only going for the match I suppose.

TP - I've been out there twice for week-long holidays, all revoling around football (ROI and Derry City).

Been to Limassol, Nicosia and Ayia Nappa.I can confirm that Cyprus is a great wee country. Great weather, decent beaches, good history, nice people, and good nightlife in the busier resorts. Uusually lots of fit wimmin tourists knockin' round as well, and early Oct is still the holiday season (unlike the last ROI game there in March).

You're the only man I know who has been to Cyprus and dissed it. Must have been bad luck to end-up in Fig Tree Bay instead of one of the main resorts. Where the feck is Fig Tree Bay anyway ?

Peadar
26/01/2005, 12:19 PM
Ok, our flights and hotel are booked for Cyprus.

Outward:
LH4985 Sun, Oct. 2, 2005 06:40 DUB 09:35 FRA (Frankfurt)
LH3366 Sun, Oct. 2, 2005 10:20 FRA 14:55 LCA (Larnaca)

Return:
LH3367 Sun, Oct. 9, 2005 16:00 LCA 18:50 FRA
LH4984 Sun, Oct. 9, 2005 20:35 FRA 21:35 DUB

€383.21
lufthansa.com (http://www.lufthansa.com/)

Hotel
Cyprotel Aquamarina Hotel, Limassol €268 for 7 nights divided between 2 people.
Cheap and cheerful!

Total travel and accommodation cost per person €517.21

gufct
31/01/2005, 11:17 AM
couldnt get any for the week of the game so booked a fortnight travelling on the 28th Sept. back in the Morning of the swiss game 12th October.Five of us Travelling two Apartments in Ayia Napa and Flights £415stg. Very few places even left on this flight id say there are loads of people taking their holidays to take in the game.

Cheapest Package from Dublin €699 for a week Monday to Monday with some people being quoted €834 for four days.

Cowboy
01/02/2005, 11:45 AM
http://www.dilosfn.com/cgi-bin/customer/login.pl so decent hotel prices on this site

elroy
08/02/2005, 10:57 AM
Definitely headin to this one, doesnt a chartered flight get organised by one of the supporters clubs, im sure theres one for the israel game anyway

Cowboy
08/02/2005, 5:29 PM
Cyrpus is well seved by scheduled airlines and i know the london club is not doing a charter

Ash
14/02/2005, 4:14 PM
Havent booked flights yet but whats the story
with getting from Larnaca to the staduim?

fbtn
21/02/2005, 11:10 AM
Got our accomadation booked today in Christabelle Hotel Apartments, Agia Napa. Just under €2,000 for 14 of us - working out at around €150 for the week, Sunday to Sunday.

Still some good flights from London..........

ACdub
21/02/2005, 2:43 PM
standupfprtheboysingreen are organising a flight only to Cyprus probable 3 or 4 nights, for pre registration please log on to www.standupfortheboysingreen.com

alan

Hibs4Ever
23/02/2005, 7:49 AM
Ok, help me out here lads. I've registered to travel with Stand Up..... for this trip. Do you think it's safe for me to go ahead and book a hotel? Or wait to see if I'm picked to travel with Stand up.......?

Cheers

Paulie
24/02/2005, 5:00 PM
3 of us just booked our flights, in on Thursday (from Dublin), out on Sunday - €393 each. Happy enough with that.

jbyrne
24/02/2005, 5:27 PM
3 of us just booked our flights, in on Thursday (from Dublin), out on Sunday - €393 each. Happy enough with that.

who did you get those flights with??

Paulie
25/02/2005, 9:22 AM
who did you get those flights with??

We booked on british midlands Dublin - Heathrow departing at 7am on the Thursday morning. We leave heathrow on Cyprus Airways at 9:45 arriving in Larnaca at 16:10.

Coming home we leave Larnaca on Sunday at 17:45 arriving in heathrow at 20:45. Our flight home to Dublin is at 22:05.

I would have liked to take a week but between away games in the 6 Nations, the Faroe Islands trip, this trip, plus another holiday I'm taking during the summer I can only take so much leave!

a03bf32d
01/03/2005, 8:50 AM
does anyone have any idea whereyou can get a complete package deal including match tickets to cyprus?

Cowboy
01/03/2005, 9:28 AM
does anyone have any idea whereyou can get a complete package deal including match tickets to cyprus?
http://www.standupfortheboysingreen.com/ are running a trip

a03bf32d
01/03/2005, 11:24 AM
http://www.standupfortheboysingreen.com/ are running a trip

Does that include match tickets? I went on the site and it seemed to be that yoyu had to go to the faroes aswell but I can't get the time off work for that

SuperSaints
01/03/2005, 11:28 AM
That's without match tickets.

a03bf32d
01/03/2005, 2:17 PM
well if anyone heres of anywhere with tickets, let me know cos i don't want to pay a fortune to watch the game in a pub over there and its a small enough stadium so I want to have a ticket before i go. Won't be as easy as it was for france anyway!

NeilMcD
01/03/2005, 2:20 PM
Man book your flights etc, you will get a ticket no problem. There will not be that many at the game. The Cypriots are not the biggest supporters and correct me if I am wrong but the stadium was not full the last time. If I remember it was half empty. But people who were there will be better informed on that. Tickets are never a problem, I think somebody posted up here that the only away game in recent memory that was hard to get tickets for was the Swiss game in 2003.

Hibs4Ever
02/03/2005, 6:50 AM
Ok lads. I need a website that I can book a hotel on my credit card, and pay on arrival. Don't want to pay for it now in case I don't get flights with Stand Up..........

CHEERS :D

a03bf32d
02/03/2005, 11:56 AM
Man book your flights etc, you will get a ticket no problem. There will not be that many at the game. The Cypriots are not the biggest supporters and correct me if I am wrong but the stadium was not full the last time. If I remember it was half empty. But people who were there will be better informed on that. Tickets are never a problem, I think somebody posted up here that the only away game in recent memory that was hard to get tickets for was the Swiss game in 2003.

yeah your right. It was half empty. Its more then likely going to be a veryimportant game though so the more people heading over the better and I want to make sure im not left without 1 but there really shouldnt be a problem. ;)

Cosmo
06/03/2005, 4:03 PM
has anyone booked flights or accomodation lately.

Looking for accomodation today but couldnt seem to find any hotels with any twin rooms left :eek:

Dawn_Run
07/03/2005, 9:17 AM
has anyone booked flights or accomodation lately.

Looking for accomodation today but couldnt seem to find any hotels with any twin rooms left :eek:

try here

http://international.thecountry.com/Cyprus/Larnaca/

Seems to have an extensive accomodation list.

Cosmo
07/03/2005, 10:37 AM
Cheers!!!

Does 400e sound pricey for flights?? Cheapest I can find via london at the moment :mad:

Cowboy
07/03/2005, 6:19 PM
Cheers!!!

Does 400e sound pricey for flights?? Cheapest I can find via london at the moment :mad:

I got this for stg 261 if Dublin is any good to you

Flight/Class: Lufthansa flight 4981/Class V
Depart: Dublin, Ireland (DUB) - 06 October at 12:20
Arrive: Frankfurt, Germany (FRA) - 06 October at 15:15
Connecting To
Airline Logo Flight/Class: Lufthansa flight 3368/Class V
Depart: Frankfurt, Germany (FRA) - 06 October at 21:20
Arrive: Larnaca, Cyprus (LCA) - 07 October at 01:55

petef
08/03/2005, 12:05 PM
Looking at package deals from the UK for as little as 360 quid sterling, 7 nights that is Ayia Napa and the like, thats for three of us, sure we can get the numbers up as the rooms accommodate 4.

NeilMcD
08/03/2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah I got mine from London for 410 sterling out on the 4th and back on the 11th which is perfect dates for me, as you get back in time for teh Swiss game but you are not rushing out straight after the game as some of the Dubline ones are on the Sunday.

Cosmo
08/03/2005, 12:56 PM
any chance of getting links to these packages? Cheers!

Dawn_Run
09/03/2005, 3:06 PM
With the Match on in Nicosia and most people flying into Larnaca - is it safe to assume that most people will be taking residence in Larnaca for the weekend?

Cowboy
09/03/2005, 4:20 PM
With the Match on in Nicosia and most people flying into Larnaca - is it safe to assume that most people will be taking residence in Larnaca for the weekend?

I'm staying in larnaca with the london club but I know lots of guys here prefer ayia napa

petef
11/03/2005, 9:53 PM
Seems best bet to stay in a resort and travel to Nicosia solely on the day of the game, either rent a car or hop on a bus service, package deal wise you got the likes of Thomson Holidays, Airtours in the uk. Flyglobespan offer flight only deals, medhotels just do accommodation.

carricksmasher
14/03/2005, 7:49 AM
3 of us booked up for BA flights over the weekend. 200 sterling from Heathrow on the Thursday and then back on Monday evening in good time for wednesdays game.

Dawn_Run
14/03/2005, 11:09 AM
3 of us booked up for BA flights over the weekend. 200 sterling from Heathrow on the Thursday and then back on Monday evening in good time for wednesdays game.

Same here, funnily enough ;)

michaelguineys
15/03/2005, 12:10 PM
Lads wer goin with global travel, ex cork (or ex dub, they have both) for a week for 599.
Cant beat that!!!!

Colie
22/03/2005, 9:26 PM
Just incase anyone wants another way of gettin there this is how we did it:

8 of us for a week. Tuesday to Tuesday with the match Saturday

Flights thru www.ebookers.ie
Dublin - Prague - Larnaca (same on the return)

7 nights in a massive Villa in Ayia Napa thru www.villa.cyprushotels.org.uk
And yeah, we all have a bed.

Worked out €500 each

No ticket but hopefully that won't be a problem, the only issue seems to be gettin to & from the game but we'll see if we can sort out a minivan or somethin with the other fans stayin in Ayia Napa.

Come on all you maybe's & hop on the bandwagon.

the_bonk
22/03/2005, 9:40 PM
How many Irish fan's are expected to come to Cyprus?

Cosmo
23/03/2005, 10:55 AM
Colie, thats good!!!

Here, how do you work the airlines website - will only let me choose flights from ireland to prague part (204e) - wont let me choose flights from prague to cyprus

Paulie
23/03/2005, 11:18 AM
How many Irish fan's are expected to come to Cyprus?

I'd say at 3000 - 4000. If we're doing well in the group it will be a lot more.

Eldad
23/03/2005, 12:05 PM
I think about travelling to Larnaca...
A ferry from Haifa shouldn't be very exspensive.

Dawn_Run
23/03/2005, 12:33 PM
I'd say at 3000 - 4000. If we're doing well in the group it will be a lot more.

i'd say a lot more Paulie to be honest - personally speaking I know more people that are travelling to Cyprus than travelled to Paris. I'm sure its the same in other areas of the country too.

Paulie
23/03/2005, 12:56 PM
i'd say a lot more Paulie to be honest - personally speaking I know more people that are travelling to Cyprus than travelled to Paris. I'm sure its the same in other areas of the country too.

I was really basing that figure on our last time out there. We were doing very well in the group and we had about 4000 out there (I think). I pretty much spent those few days in the pub so my memory of it may not be the best.

zinedineontour
23/03/2005, 3:35 PM
a lot more than 4000 . judging by the fact nono of the tour operators have anything left from dublin for that week and all the other trips are nearly 800 a head id say we be looking at near 10000..

tickets should be ok seeing as the cypriots seem to have no interest so im sure they will give us a lot more tickets than usual

Barbie
28/03/2005, 2:45 PM
Hi Guys

Just Booked Flights And Hotel For Ayia Napa. Ba Have Good Prices At The Moment. Just Wanted To Know If The Fai Will Be Selling Tickets For The Cyprus Game And If When?
Does Anybody Know Any Where Else To Try For Them?
Would Anybody Would Have 2 Spare Tickets For The Game?
Getting A Bit Worried As Dont Want To Go All The Way To Cyprus And Have No Tickets!

Colie
28/03/2005, 3:02 PM
Colie, thats good!!!

Here, how do you work the airlines website - will only let me choose flights from ireland to prague part (204e) - wont let me choose flights from prague to cyprus

Just put in Dublin at depart & larnaca (LCA) as arrive & it automatically does it thru Prague without tellin ya. I only realised we were goin thru Prague at the very end of the booking.

Just checked it again & the one I'm on might be booked out. Just try a few dates around & see whats goin. Just looking briefly there are others but they're like €500. Keep trying till ye find somthin cheap.

I swear to God everyone, if the weather's anything like Tel Aviv bring a crap load of Suncream to this one coz I got my arms burned bad & I was only in the sun for one day :cool: . Well ouch at the mo.

Cowboy
28/03/2005, 3:11 PM
Check FAI website for info

Hi Guys

Just Booked Flights And Hotel For Ayia Napa. Ba Have Good Prices At The Moment. Just Wanted To Know If The Fai Will Be Selling Tickets For The Cyprus Game And If When?
Does Anybody Know Any Where Else To Try For Them?
Would Anybody Would Have 2 Spare Tickets For The Game?
Getting A Bit Worried As Dont Want To Go All The Way To Cyprus And Have No Tickets!

Babysis
29/03/2005, 10:11 AM
We are going over from London. Been looking in to it, but it seems none of the cheapo places will put their deals up until 5 months before. But others may be able to tell you differently.

NeilMcD
29/03/2005, 10:42 AM
Be careful of those dates as we are playing switzerland on the the 12th in dublin on the last day of the campaign. I dont think getting from Ayia Napa to Nicosia will be a problem, there will be buses taxis etc going as loads of irish will be styaing there. As far as I know the last time it was not a problem> read back over the thread and you will find out.

Babysis
29/03/2005, 10:50 AM
Everyone seems to be staying in Ayia Napa from what they have been saying on this thread. Know people who went out for the game a few years back. Will be speaking to them, but I dont think its gonna be that big a deal where you stay. I will sort it when im back from the Faroe islands. Cheap deals will hopefully be available by then.

Eldad
01/04/2005, 3:09 PM
When is it possible to register for this fixture?
If I don't hold a member card and I don't live in Ireland, is it possible to register?

Shae_B2D
01/04/2005, 3:59 PM
When is it possible to register for this fixture?
If I don't hold a member card and I don't live in Ireland, is it possible to register?

Well, you can always buy through the Cypriots... will probably be cheaper, too. Can't imagine they'll have too much interest of going.

I am beginning to think I might come to. I can apply for press accreditation, I think - so at least that won't be a problem, and flights are cheap.