PDA

View Full Version : Faroe Islands (Away) Wed 8th Jun 05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Cowboy
12/04/2005, 7:33 PM
Thanks, are there any regular buses going from airport to torshavn?

pineapple stu
12/04/2005, 7:46 PM
Yep - it's the 300 bus. Check out the Faroese public transport website (www.ssl.fo) - very informative.

Babysis
12/04/2005, 8:35 PM
Maybe Im totally wrong, but im pretty sure I read on one of the sites that the Bus from the airport is about £10 sterling and you can just get it from the airport. Not that it matters, as im wanting to take the Helicopter to Torshavn ;)

Cowboy
12/04/2005, 8:48 PM
Maybe Im totally wrong, but im pretty sure I read on one of the sites that the Bus from the airport is about £10 sterling and you can just get it from the airport. Not that it matters, as im wanting to take the Helicopter to Torshavn ;)

how much is the helicopter ?

Babysis
13/04/2005, 8:29 AM
Check out here (http://www.atlantic.fo/Default.asp?sida=102)

but it seems to only certain days, so wont be possible :(

MariborKev
13/04/2005, 11:43 AM
Could we not charter it!!!!!

Babysis
13/04/2005, 1:37 PM
Could we not charter it!!!!!

Honestly?? I cant be arsd :o
If you would like to sort it out, work away, It just looks like too much effort for me :)

green army
13/04/2005, 7:50 PM
cowboy, if ur going with standup and staying in same place maybe we can share taxi etc. do adeal with taxi drivers etc might be cheaper.

lopez
13/04/2005, 8:06 PM
One of my '50 t'ings 2 do b4 I die'. Almost went in one a few years back as Birthday prezzie from Conchita. All set to fly over London from Elstree. Then that Chelsea bloke (Matthew ??) got killed in one and I thought, nahh!! :(

Cowboy
13/04/2005, 11:16 PM
cowboy, if ur going with standup and staying in same place maybe we can share taxi etc. do adeal with taxi drivers etc might be cheaper.

I'm arriving Monday but thanks for the offer

Babysis
14/04/2005, 8:52 AM
One of my '50 t'ings 2 do b4 I die'. Almost went in one a few years back as Birthday prezzie from Conchita. All set to fly over London from Elstree. Then that Chelsea bloke (Matthew ??) got killed in one and I thought, nahh!! :(

Right Lopez, its agreed, me and you and anyone else, for the helicopter ride :D

It will be great. If its a case of 50 things to do before you die, lets just make sure this helicopter ride is number 49 :D

lopez
14/04/2005, 8:54 AM
...If its a case of 50 things to do before you die, lets just make sure this helicopter ride is number 49 :DThat's fine by me, because number 50 is to have sex with another man. :eek: :eek:

Babysis
14/04/2005, 9:01 AM
That's fine by me, because number 50 is to have sex with another man. :eek: :eek:

Id have thought you would make that number 51 :D

lopez
14/04/2005, 9:04 AM
Id have thought you would make that number 51 :DI was struggling at around 45, added a few things there's not a faint hope of acheiving - eg. Run a Marathon :D :D :D - so I thought: 'Don't knock what you've never tried.' :o

Babysis
14/04/2005, 9:16 AM
I was struggling at around 45, added a few things there's not a faint hope of acheiving - eg. Run a Marathon :D :D :D - so I thought: 'Don't knock what you've never tried.' :o

Well there's certainly method to your madness :D

Cowboy
14/04/2005, 9:17 AM
That's fine by me, because number 50 is to have sex with another man. :eek: :eek:

Count me out of the helicopter trip, Lopez doesnt do it for me :)

Babysis
14/04/2005, 11:30 AM
just to let you know i have been in touch with the helicopter charter dept and it works out around £50 each way to charter it and it only carries 10 with luggage so i think were gonna stick to the bus we have hired at £15 each way!!! but if 10 of you are interested we can sort it :)

given the amount of drinking planned for this trip (by me at least :o ) I think the bus is gonna be the safest and easiest option :)

Babysis
14/04/2005, 1:21 PM
what day are you going then babysis and where from

Im off on Moday from Gatwick, returning on thursday. Maersk air's finest.
Really looking forwad to it, as it means I get all day tuesday to sight see. And of course tuesday night for the now infamous Faroese night :D
I just have to get Pat "Mr T" O Banton on the plane :eek:

MariborKev
15/04/2005, 4:32 PM
Anyone else get a call saying their flights were changed?

I was on the morning flight from Gatwick, now I am on an afternoon flight!

Cowboy
15/04/2005, 4:50 PM
Not me, was it by phone or mail?

davey
15/04/2005, 5:02 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but what time is kick off for this game? Not going myself but want to know if I need to book some time of work. FAI website doesn't have a time but I wonder what time they normally kick off for midweek games?

MariborKev
15/04/2005, 8:27 PM
Cowboy,

It was by both, came home a message on the answerphone from the guy at lastminute.com telling me the flight was changed and that he had emailed me all the details of the new timing for the flights

Not a happy camper :mad:

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 9:25 PM
Cowboy,

It was by both, came home a message on the answerphone from the guy at lastminute.com telling me the flight was changed and that he had emailed me all the details of the new timing for the flights

Not a happy camper :mad:

i would be wary of lastminute.crap as they have been on watchdog for loads of complaints, last year they booked my boyfriend on a flight (czech airlines) that didn't even exist :eek: He turned up at the airport to be told by CA that they didn't have a morning flight on a sunday!!! he had to pay £100 to go on the afternoon flight, he's still waiting for a refund!!! I would doublecheck with the airline schedule, make sure the flight is correct day/time etc.

MariborKev
15/04/2005, 10:03 PM
I have travelled with them loads of times before and this is the first time I have had an issue with them

Help desk is closed at this stage but was wondering if anyone knows what my rights/options on this front are.

I was booked on the 08.55 from Gatwick on the 6th,connecting with the 12.30 Copenhagen to FAE flight.

I have now been switched to a 14.0 flight from Gatwick, not arriving in FAE until 20.15

The original flight is still available to book on lastminute.com and other providers, yet the email states that the airline has cancelled the flight. I am tempted to push them to give me an equivalent flight leaving London on the Sunday

Anyone know where I stand?

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 10:16 PM
They are probably BSh!tting, maybe they overbooked on the morning flight and now they are bumping people off, i worked for an airline previously who did just that! It disgusted me the lies they told to customers. I do know that when u have a problem with LM.C, it is difficult to get through, they only have a tel number for making a booking, but no number to discuss your booking or complain, you have to email them and they get back to you, which is why my boyfriend is still waiting. I told him to call 'watchdog' but he couldn't be arsed :rolleyes:

i think maribor, if that morning flight is still showing available, get onto them and demand that u be put back on it, they are obviously taking the p!ss :mad:

MariborKev
15/04/2005, 10:25 PM
The top of the email I got is enclosed- the "next best flight" they speak of is obviously the 09.00 going via Billund!!!!!

I will be on the blower tomorrow to get it sorted!

Please note the airline has made some schedule changes to your
itinerary, could you please check over the details below and confirm to
us that you have received this email. Also, remember you should
re-confirm your outbound and return flights at least 72 hours in advance
with the airline direct.

If you have any further queries please feel free to call us back on
0151 244 2477 and we would love to assisst you.

New Itinerary Details:

=============
DM 116 V 06JUN LGW-CPH HK4 1420 1705
DM6183 Q 06JUN CPH-FAE HK4 1900 2015
DM6288 W 09JUN FAE-BLL HK4 1100 1400
DM 209 B 09JUN BLL-LGW HK4 1710 1745

LGW=LONDON GATWICK
CPH=COPENHAGEN
FAE=FAROE ISLANDS
============

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. The original flights have
been either cancelled or the times are changed by the airline, and you
have been reprotected on the next best flights. These flights are
changed by the airline and are beyond our control. Should you accept
the schedule change, please note replacement tickets will not be
re-issued. If you have paper tickets please take these with you to the
airlnes ticket desk at the airport before check-in and they will
re-validate them for travel, unless stated otherwise.

Babysis
16/04/2005, 2:20 PM
We are on the 9am flight from Gatwick going via billund. It seems like a sound journey.

Everyone going from Gatwick, we will see you all in the departure lounge bar,Monday morning, mines a large vodka :D

finn
16/04/2005, 2:24 PM
The top of the email I got is enclosed- the "next best flight" they speak of is obviously the 09.00 going via Billund!!!!!

New Itinerary Details:

=============
DM 116 V 06JUN LGW-CPH HK4 1420 1705
DM6183 Q 06JUN CPH-FAE HK4 1900 2015
DM6288 W 09JUN FAE-BLL HK4 1100 1400
DM 209 B 09JUN BLL-LGW HK4 1710 1745

LGW=LONDON GATWICK
CPH=COPENHAGEN
FAE=FAROE ISLANDS
============

I would imagine, the reason they gave you the flights they did was that you are still being routed through CPH.

If you ring them up and say that you need to be in the Faroes earlier, and ask for a reroute through BLL they should be able to do it. And of course, there is the old thing to do with travel companies, if it doesnt work, wait half an hour and ring again.

Pete

paul_oshea
16/04/2005, 2:52 PM
I am looking forward to this one alright. It should be a good laugh.

pineapple stu
16/04/2005, 8:21 PM
For anyone staying the week who just cope with missing the eL games on the weekend of the 12th, there is one top-flight Faroese league game on Saturday the 11th - NSÍ Runavík (on Eysturoy) versus TB Tvøroyri. So if anyone wants to bring a taste of the eL to the Faroese league...! There is a direct road connection to the Vagár, the airport island, so there shouldn't be any problem getting the Sunday morning flight (i.e. no relying on ferry connections) if the game's an evening kick-off. Or you can always take in a second division game! :eek: :p

Babysis
17/04/2005, 11:57 AM
Anyone heard anything about tickets yet? Who else here is flying with the Stand Up lads on the Tuesday out of Dublin and back on the Thursday??

No ive heard nothing about tickets yet. Someone said it was meant to be this week past that we would find out. The Fai may be slow, but even they can leave it much longer. As soon as i know anything I will post, and im sure everyone else will do the same. 7 weeks to go :)

Babysis
18/04/2005, 1:53 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I thought it might be of use to anyway looking to make their own way from the Airport to Torshavn :)

Domestic Travel (http://www.ssl.fo/ferdaatlan/index.html)

the guidance button will lead you to the English version of the site.

Babysis
18/04/2005, 2:56 PM
Ah ha, ok, bit of an update. The lovely people at Vagar airport sent me this regarding the bus to Torshavn

Hello

The bus is holdin right outsight the airport terminal. It cost 100 dkk to
come to Tórshavn.

If you are interested you can rent at car here on the airport. Please
contact us againe if you want.

Best regards

Flogfelag Føroya
Maria Joensen

As I cant drive, i think they will be retracting the offer of hiring a car pretty sharpish :D

And now heidi's gang at squirrel ferries have sent me this, very informative guide

Dear Louise
Busses (blue Color www.ssl.fo) to Tórshavn are outside the airport upon arrival. The ticket price DKK 100,- from the airport to Tórshavn Bus Terminal at the harbour.
If you are accommodated in 1 of the hotels in Tórshavn there are smaller (white color) shuttle busses taking you directly to the hotels. However, the price is more then DKK 100 (most likely DKK 150).
If you go through the Customs (green area - if nothing to decleare) you just turn left right after coming through the customs and the busses are just outside.
Best Regards and a nice flight
Smyril Line
Marketing Dept.

No more travel info from me :)

Babysis
18/04/2005, 4:23 PM
ok, Ive clearly been very bored at work today. The FAI have just emailed me back regarding the tickets:

Louise,

All those who have applied for tickets for the above fixture, will be
notified by the ticket office late this week. We are currently sorting
through orders. Please note, that we will be unable to satisfy all
demand due to a very limited number of tickets for this fixture.

Kind Regards

Emma Buckley
Ticket Office
Football Association of Ireland
Tel: 00353 (0) 1 7037500
Fax: 00353 (0) 1 6615631

Babysis
18/04/2005, 4:30 PM
So it's pot luck once more.

Yep it looks like it. Probably just put myself to the bottom of the list by pestering them :eek:
Ah well Jews hill for me :D

Peadar
18/04/2005, 4:43 PM
you can sit on my lap then if that's the case!

Jaysus, your missus will go into labour if she reads this! :eek: :D

Babysis
18/04/2005, 4:44 PM
you can sit on my lap then if that's the case! .

I might keep that as my back up option after jews hill - Thanks all the same though :D

Cowboy
18/04/2005, 4:55 PM
you can sit on my lap then if that's the case! ha ha ha Only joking. Fingers crossed we will all be able to sort each other out ticket-wise here. I've applied for two and one of them is going Cowboy's way if I get them. There's enough decent people on here to work it all out.

Likewise

Babysis
18/04/2005, 4:59 PM
Well she can rest assured I wont be sitting on anyones lap :D ;)

If worse comes to it, I will be sat on Jews hill. Where ever I end up i will be having a good time - Well thats the plan anyway :)

pineapple stu
18/04/2005, 5:44 PM
If worse comes to it, I will be sat on Jews hill. Where ever I end up i will be having a good time
If there's 300 people likely to be short tickets (1000 applications for 700 tickets apparently), then that hill could be rocking come kick-off! No stewards to take alcohol away either! It'll probably be heard inside the ground! :D

finn
18/04/2005, 8:34 PM
If there's 300 people likely to be short tickets (1000 applications for 700 tickets apparently), then that hill could be rocking come kick-off! No stewards to take alcohol away either! It'll probably be heard inside the ground! :D

well for all intents and purposes its as good as inside the ground, probably closer to the action than the upper west or east in landsdowne

not so sure about 300 people tho, I would say there are more people like T_P and Cowboy, with a couple of applications between them. heres hopin anyway
to be honest, I am nervous about gettin a ticket, but as far as the numbers go, I recon the hill would be a great spot, few big flags and a few big flagons to match :)

Pete

Babysis
19/04/2005, 8:49 AM
And you're guaranteed to get on Sky Sports that day as well! :D

Well thats my mission accomplished then :D

Ok, another kind agency has got back to me with this

According to the Atlantic Airways timetables, you will arrive at Vagar-airport with the RC0471 at 3:45 pm on the 6th of June local time.

Our bus (Route 300) will be waiting for you outside the main entrance to the terminal. Our buses are easily recognised by the distinct dark-blue colour and white stripe. See the Information-desk for further information.

The bus will be departing for Tórshavn at 4:10 pm. The trip takes approx. 50 minutes, and the price is 100 DKR.

Please don't hesitate to contact undersigned or visit www.ssl.fo if you have further questions.

Sincerely

Julian Rasmussen

Dept. of Public Transport
Strandfaraskip Landsins
Yviri við Strond 4
Postboks 88
FO-110 Tórshavn
Local: +298 34 30 84
Mobile: +298 54 30 85
Fac simile: +298 34 30 01
Route Info.: +298 34 30 30

i dont actually know If im on that flight, Pat o booked it :eek:

Terry
19/04/2005, 9:44 AM
from rte.ie

The Football Association of Ireland has been informed by the Faroe Islands FA that the World Cup Qualifier against the Faroe Islands on June 8 will kick off at 7.30pm.

The game will take place at the Torsvollur Stadium in Torshavn.

The game is the second in a five day period for the Republic of Ireland, who play Israel in Lansdowne Road on the previous Saturday, June 4.

Peadar
20/04/2005, 2:49 PM
Some nice pictures of Torshavn here... (http://faroeislands.dk/pages/TorshavnIndex.htm)

lopez
21/04/2005, 1:20 PM
If there's 300 people likely to be short tickets (1000 applications for 700 tickets apparently), then that hill could be rocking come kick-off! No stewards to take alcohol away either! It'll probably be heard inside the ground! :DLooking at this link and the attendance for the game (4,000) when the Scots visited, it could be that the only people that will be on the hill are those too stingy to buy a ticket. :eek:

http://www.eifl.org.uk/eu2004/eugroup5.htm

According to this site the ground holds 7,000.

Babysis
21/04/2005, 1:21 PM
I am so so looking forward to this trip now. Cant believe how quickly its comming round. Ive checked out just about every site on the place. Trip of a life time. i just hope the tickets come through. :)

Eire06
21/04/2005, 1:22 PM
Looking at this link and the attendance for the game (4,000) when the Scots visited, it could be that the only people that will be on the hill are those too stingy to buy a ticket. :eek:

yes but were a 'big' team more people will want to come see Ireland play :D

Babysis
21/04/2005, 1:25 PM
Looking at this link and the attendance for the game (4,000) when the Scots visited, it could be that the only people that will be on the hill are those too stingy to buy a ticket. :eek:

i hope you are right.Obviously I want to be sat with all the ireland fans, but Id take a ticket in the Faroe end beofre i take a seat on the hill. Hopefully it wont come to that :)

Paulie
21/04/2005, 2:21 PM

Looking at some of the scorelines that The Faroes had in their home games in that group this game might be harder than we think. I was at the 0-0 in Liechtenstein a few years ago and I really think that nobody should ever have to endure more than one result/match like that in their lives.

SuperDub
21/04/2005, 8:37 PM
Did anybody else get word regarding tickets? I got home to find a letter from the FAI to say they could not accomodate my application for 3 tickets due to the huge demand. They are saying they only got 600 tickets :( Looks like i'll be watching the game from the hill. Why don't we rename the hill, hill 16 or something.