PDA

View Full Version : Faroe Islands (Away) Wed 8th Jun 05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

OneRedArmy
02/06/2005, 5:54 PM
The Faroes Islands are not actually part of the EU, so the E111 is useless there. http://www.oasis.gov.ie/moving_country/moving_abroad/e111.html
But on a positive note, it does mean we can get Duty Free on the way! :D

Actually I think I read on faroeisland.com that all Scandanavian and British citizens had a right to free healthcare, therefore anyone on a British passport should bring the E111.

Babysis
03/06/2005, 8:17 AM
Actually I think I read on faroeisland.com that all Scandanavian and British citizens had a right to free healthcare, therefore anyone on a British passport should bring the E111.

From the Faroes tourist board:

Nationals from the Nordic region and the United Kingdom are covered by their countries’ national health service schemes while they are in the Faroe Islands.

Nationals from other countries must have travel insurance with sickness/injury coverage

finn
03/06/2005, 9:03 AM
ok

I am just about to leave the house for the airport. sadly no t-shirt :( it will probably arrive today knowing my luck *bu ggers*

will see some of you in iceland (sylvo and lopez I think) and the rest in the Faroes

l8r

Pete

Babysis
03/06/2005, 9:12 AM
yeah mine has not arrived either, i dont think we are the only ones not to have got it in time. Ah well, not to worry, this is gonna be brilliant. :D

Colie
10/06/2005, 8:28 AM
I dunno if no one has had a chance to write about it yet but man, that was a laff. The whole team were out Wednesday night getting p133ed in the night club & Kerr was chatting away to anyone who cared, we were all shaking his hand & all. The team all got hammerred & ended up on the stage infront of the fans all with their shirts off giving it socks. Dancing with Kilbansey, Kavo & Duffers, not that Duff remembers I'd say. The funniest thing was when "Ice Ice Baby" came on, Clint & Steve Elliot were doing this mad homeboy dance sh1t, man I've never seen the likes of this. Ha. The team are legends. The travel situation was bad allright but for me it worked out sweet. I was 3 hours late for my flight but it was delayed by 5 so I was saved.

horney
10/06/2005, 11:44 AM
just got back last nite at midnight man what a trip it was one of the better games with real fans there marcus ,galway brian, bobby sands, tommy feeny but to mention just a few exelent craic hope to see ye all in cyprus and the gargle wont be as expensive

MickeyT
10/06/2005, 2:56 PM
Certainly was a great trip, just a pity about the cancelled flights on Wednesday.

"Hand up your puffin, you got your hand up your puffin!!" :D

Babysis
10/06/2005, 5:11 PM
You only sing when your fishing, sing when your fishing!!!

That was one hell of a week. I had the best time. Myslef,Mr Banton and half the posters on here were meant to be on the 11am fight yesterday from the Faroes to Billund, but it was delayed till 6.30pm last night. They had to put us 2 and about 20 others up in hotel in Billund - Although I dont know why they bothered, as myslef and few other posters on here never made it too bed, preferring to stay in the bar :D Got back to London at 10am today :eek:

Fantastic time, brilliant people. The game was so much fun due to Maribor, Pineapple Stu, Schumi, oneredarmy, collie, Lopez, Sylvo, Pat O banton, Paulie, cowboy(sorry if i forgot anyone). you lot were brilliant - We sang and stood the whole time, its just a pity a few more didnt. But it was freezing. We were all soaked. straight back to Cleopatras, then Manhattens, where i stayed with the hardcore few till 4am. Feeling it now though :o

Great trip for me

who can forget "go on home Danish soldiers go on home" :D

Green Tribe
10/06/2005, 5:29 PM
deadly babysis! sounds great, glad you and others made it, as many did not :( weather looked ****ing awful! you must be shattered, glad you had a great time :D

Babysis
10/06/2005, 5:35 PM
deadly babysis! sounds great, glad you and others made it, as many did not :( weather looked ****ing awful! you must be shattered, glad you had a great time :D

This was a brilliant trip. I was gutted for everyone who couldnt make it out there. I have never been so cold as I was at the game. We were drowned. But we sang the whole time. the nicest thing was the players all made a point of clapping over to us at the end to say thank you. I got chatting to the team doctor in the jimi hendrix cafe (long story) and asked him to pass on my thanks to the lads, was a nice gesture from them. I am exhausted. we were lucky as we got on the 7.45am flight this morning (6.45 London time).wasnt worth going to bed, and although Im home early today, I really wouldnt have minded some sleep. Ive the weekend to recover now :D

There were quite a few highlights, one of which was taking a boat tour out to one of the smaller islands, and then being taken by speedboat into these caves, where some fella thought it was a good idea to play some sax music badly - think channel 5 late night TV. Very funny though :D

bruski
10/06/2005, 6:21 PM
what a trip. sorry i dont know any of u lads by name. i was there on my own in the faroe's. i'm sure i was talkin to some of ye. i was the fela with the dodgy fog horn (i nearly fainted every time i blew it), carlsberg hat and mini tricolour in my hand at the match. great craic. it was a pity the irish fans were split with half of us in section 20 and 21 and the others in section 14 and 15.

niteclub was amazing, have sum pictures. took 80 in all !!!

Only2keanos
11/06/2005, 12:29 AM
I can only reiterate what the rest have all said, what a trip. The craziest place I have ever seen. The best part was getting hammered with the team on wednesday. I couldnt believe when the barstaff got up on the bar counters and started pouring drink onto all below. Although the scariest part was definitely seeing Duffer swinging out of that firemans pole 10 foot above the bar - imagine what mourinho would say if he reported at pre season with a broken leg from a faroese lapdancing injury.
The match was probably the worst part but we got the result which is the main thing.
Funny moment in the pub after when I was chatting to Brian Kerr and Paddy Kenny arrived along in a Celtic jersey and Kerr cried "A bit ambitious Paddy".

Cant wait for cyprus.

Ash
11/06/2005, 9:49 AM
Quote of the week from the Campsite in Torshavn
(sorry, probably only Finn, Marcus and Galway Brian will know what Im on
about)

Good Morning ... then schlooooomp

===

Savager week so far and to continue my footy fix Im off to watch a
Faroe Islands Division 2 game today ... local derby between B36 and HB

Green Tribe
11/06/2005, 5:58 PM
niteclub was amazing, have sum pictures. took 80 in all !!!

ah-hah! :p :D

MariborKev
11/06/2005, 11:29 PM
After about 10 hours kip I am finally up to posting a quick review of the trip

Thoroughly enjoyed it all, despite the flight delay fiasco on the way back that Babysis, Pat O and others were involved in(got back for the Derry Shels game so I was a happy camper)

The match may have been poor but the craic in the foot.ie "section" was second to none and became the hub of the chanting throughout the game. Rich vein of new chants arising from the game including

"This pitch is worse than Saipan"
"Song from the Leprehauns, we want a song from the Leprehauns"
"Darby O'Gill, Its just like Darby O'Gill"
"If you've got hypothermia clap your hands"

And many many others

A few great nights out as well in a truly bizarre country but I am sure the whole trip will be reviewed in depth in the coming days

Colie
12/06/2005, 12:50 PM
i think you will find that paddy kenny came in the team tracksuit but after a few gallon of ale swapped it with a guy who was after his shirt!

I recon that was Frasier Robertson (?) off Sky Sports that he swapped with coz Frasier ended up with a team t-shirt on in the niteclub & also ended up losing his suit jacket...ha.

Might add that some of Davey Keoghs mates were there but the man himself got stranded as far as I know. One of the Faroe birds got his number off one of his mates & sent him a text comiserating him & saying she wished he was here & all. What does he write back? "Suck my C0ck"!. Classy eh.....

lopez
12/06/2005, 2:37 PM
Most surreal moment was when I saw the black leprechaun coming up behind the stadium. Galway Brian was telling me he's a South African living in Ireland who went to the Israel game, got boyakashaad, and missed his flight to Aberdeen for the ferry route. Had to fly to Bergen then got on one hell of a boat journey. He was shafted about getting back but Brian said that Ray Treacy took pity on him after hearing the story and - with spare seats to Dublin - gave him a free trip back.

Bobby Sands and Feely were on their best behaviour (compared with other trips) but Bobcat (Dagenham fan) was trying to have an argument with the road one morning.

Spent Friday night in that awful drunkfest called Reykjavik. It's as bad as ever looking like a scene out of Sean of The Dead. Sylvo's got a great story about a woman there from his previous visit. Quote of the trip has to be from the passport babe at Keflavik to Sylvo when he asked for a stamp: 'You cannot have a stamp because you are Irish'. Once upon a time it was a flat or a job. Now it's a stamp. :rolleyes: :D

bruski
12/06/2005, 5:05 PM
yeah, who is davy keogh anyways ? i've seen that flag 'davy keogh says hello' at a load of games. this time another one read "where is davy keogh - on the 41 bus' ! class.

other good songs

"where the **** is davy keogh"
"no flight home, no flight home, no flight home"
"you'r american and you know you are"

Réiteoir
12/06/2005, 8:18 PM
I KNEW I should have followed through my plans to make it up there :(

pineapple stu
12/06/2005, 8:30 PM
other good songs
Best songs ever!!!

Saipan...this pitch is worse than Saipan

Warmer than the Carlisle...this is warmer than the Carlisle

Sh!t Danish suburb...you're just a sh!t Danish suburb

Are you watching Ray Treacy?!

Warm in Dublin Airport, I'd say it's warm in Dublin Airport

Oh-aah, Graham Kavanagh (Ambrosia tune)

Great craic. Role on 2008 and getting them in the draw again! :p

Cowboy
12/06/2005, 8:32 PM
did u enjoy your milk?

Most surreal moment was when I saw the black leprechaun coming up behind the stadium. Galway Brian was telling me he's a South African living in Ireland who went to the Israel game, got boyakashaad, and missed his flight to Aberdeen for the ferry route. Had to fly to Bergen then got on one hell of a boat journey. He was shafted about getting back but Brian said that Ray Treacy took pity on him after hearing the story and - with spare seats to Dublin - gave him a free trip back.

Bobby Sands and Feely were on their best behaviour (compared with other trips) but Bobcat (Dagenham fan) was trying to have an argument with the road one morning.

Spent Friday night in that awful drunkfest called Reykjavik. It's as bad as ever looking like a scene out of Sean of The Dead. Sylvo's got a great story about a woman there from his previous visit. Quote of the trip has to be from the passport babe at Keflavik to Sylvo when he asked for a stamp: 'You cannot have a stamp because you are Irish'. Once upon a time it was a flat or a job. Now it's a stamp. :rolleyes: :D

Green Tribe
12/06/2005, 9:58 PM
Quote of the trip has to be from the passport babe at Keflavik to Sylvo when he asked for a stamp: 'You cannot have a stamp because you are Irish'. Once upon a time it was a flat or a job. Now it's a stamp. :rolleyes: :D

hehe heh :D Good one! :D

Ash
13/06/2005, 7:55 AM
Totally forgot about the local raving drunk who wanted myself
and the lads to help him set up the Faroese Republican Army
and bomb Denmark!

shiv_ire
13/06/2005, 8:54 AM
Gutted for all those fans left stranded. But without the fog, the team would have flown out straight after the game and there wouldn't have been gorgeous, half naked footballers and vanilla ice!
What a spectacular sight! I’ll never forget it as long as I live! :D

I have a Leprechaun hat with badges on it from the Eclipse Wednesday night. Gives a shout if its yours.....

Ash
13/06/2005, 9:02 AM
Shay Given had my hat most of the night and returned it minus a couple
of badges, but my mates hat never made it back to him. Had badges
from thet 2002 World Cup camp, Jackie McNamara game, Ireland and Faroe flag

shiv_ire
13/06/2005, 9:10 AM
The hat I have is similar to the one Shay was sporting, but there's no Jackie Mac badge.

Babysis
13/06/2005, 9:16 AM
Gutted for all those fans left stranded. But without the fog, the team would have flown out straight after the game and there wouldn't have been gorgeous, half naked footballers and vanilla ice!
What a spectacular sight! I’ll never forget it as long as I live! :D

I have a Leprechaun hat with badges on it from the Eclipse Wednesday night. Gives a shout if its yours.....

Was gutted i didnt make it there on Wednesday night, an evening with Shay given, would have been the highlight of the trip. However a night spent in Manhattens watching a very drunken ireland fan boss the dance floor came a very close 2nd :D Such a funny evening.

Cowboy
13/06/2005, 10:03 AM
Was gutted i didnt make it there on Wednesday night, an evening with Shay given, would have been the highlight of the trip. However a night spent in Manhattens watching a very drunken ireland fan boss the dance floor came a very close 2nd :D Such a funny evening.

you came across well on the six one news, the guy who was on before you was pretty good too :)

Babysis
13/06/2005, 10:08 AM
you came across well on the six one news, the guy who was on before you was pretty good too :)

I think its fair to say I came across alot better than I would have on Friday morning at the airport. Was dying. It hit me then how tired i was and how rough i felt. i hope you lot all sorted flights etc. i know the other two managed to get on ours - Although by that point i would have happily swapped with them, as I could have gone back to the hotel and slept. Very pleased to get home on Friday.
Was a good trip - Meeting lots of locals, like the headcase in Cleopatras who decided to come and join us - i could only hide in the toilets for so long :D

lopez
13/06/2005, 10:13 AM
The postscript to all of this is to the only decent person of the same name on the Faroes;'The P.Keane(The alco's Alchemist!) shebeen' and all the :rolleyes: unwilling participants. Strangely, many were of the Gailege heritage! :eek:Aka 'Tear (as in rip) Bear'. BTW Davros :eek: ...I mean Macoo, did you enjoy your HT sarnie as seen live coast to coast. Your amigo in Helsinki nearly dropped his pint.

lopez
13/06/2005, 10:22 AM
did u enjoy your milk?Ahh poor me! :o I had an upset tummy and had to go on the milk (mixed with Kaluha, Vodka and - I think - another spirit) to set me right. Special mention also to Paul A. for not only his twenty minute non stop 'Brian Kerr's' (to which we responded Green and White Army) in the stadium but for buying our table a round before demolishing a similar quantity of booze four or five rounds later. While turning down his offer, it was good to see you were the only one to come away with your drink still in his glass than over your clothes, Cowboy. :D

Cowboy
13/06/2005, 10:31 AM
it was good to see you were the only one to come away with your drink still in his glass than over your clothes, Cowboy. :D

Years of practice, Mr. A seems to rent drink out for 10 mins rather than buy it

Junior
13/06/2005, 12:00 PM
Caught Davros having a munch at HT & Sylvo donning that lovely Green Aussie/cowboy hat type thing he is often found wearing!!

Schumi
13/06/2005, 6:08 PM
Brilliant trip, really nice people. The crowd at the game were fantastic, I was in the middle of the foot.ie contingent and the signing was non-stop I think I can claim credit for the "hands up your puffins" chant too. :D

My photos of the week are up here (http://photobucket.com/albums/v239/SchumiUCD/Faroes/match). The furthest right photo on the second last row is the penalty going in!
If you're interested in the rest of the photos of the weekend, click on 'Faroes' up near the top.

lopez
13/06/2005, 6:49 PM
My photos of the week are up here (http://photobucket.com/albums/v239/SchumiUCD/Faroes/match). The furthest right photo on the second last row is the penalty going in! Can see Finn's blinding Ski hat and Pat O'B's Che laden Padraig Pearse number in a few of them.

Paulie
13/06/2005, 10:31 PM
Just to re-iterate what everybody here has said, it was a great trip. From the "you've got your hand up your puffin" to a load of people shouting over at Roy in their best Cork accents during the game "Roy ya langer!". The highlight though has to be the Wednesday night in Eclipse with the players. At one stage I was up on the dance floor jumping around when someone jumped on my back, I just kept on going. A couple of lads came over saying "photo, photo". I says "why, who do I have here?" "Duffer!" That's the closest I'll ever get to having 20 million quid. Mad stuff. Clinton and Stephen Elliott doing Ice Ice Baby was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. The only annoying thing is that I had loads of photos taken of that night and then went and lost the camera. What a gobsh*te. Any photos that can be posted of that night would be greatly appreciated.

Pat O' Banton
14/06/2005, 11:06 AM
Aka 'Tear (as in rip) Bear'. BTW Davros :eek: ...I mean Macoo, did you enjoy your HT sarnie as seen live coast to coast. Your amigo in Helsinki nearly dropped his pint.

Dav, Sandwhiches, Half time? Is there any other Meath charaterisitcs that the lad would like to share with us?

Cowboy
14/06/2005, 11:08 AM
Dav, Sandwhiches, Half time? Is there any other Meath charaterisitcs that the lad would like to share with us?

yeah he fell asleep on the bus

Schlooooomp
14/06/2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I have to say this was one mad trip from arriving drunk as a monkey to leaving the place with as close to alcohol poising as it comes it was craic the whole time. Hello to all the guys I met, Ash, Jason and Dennis who I travelled with. The Dublin City boys who I met at Stansted as well as all over the Faroes. Marcus and Galway Brian at the campsite, followed by Ciaran from UCD (who's mates abandoned him for a short time), then Finn arrived (hope you had a good time in Iceland, never made it to Circus but did get to NASA and Rex). Then Pineapple Stu and the boys arrived. I am sure that I was talking to lots more of you in Cafe Natur or Eclipse. The game was crap but the party made up for it afterwards, I swear I wont take off my clothes again but it had to be done, you dont often get to dance half-naked on top of a stage with the Irish team. Then there was Lopez, Sylvo (and other, whos name I forget, sorry) on the flight to Iceland and for a few pints there on the first night, and finally OneRedArmy and Matt for for two nights of debauchery in Iceland. If I have forgotten to mention anybody then my apologies.

Sorry for the bad grammar, but I am still too tired to care.

Slan...

pineapple stu
14/06/2005, 12:37 PM
Good morning, Schloooomp! ;) :D

How's the belt?!

Schumi
14/06/2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I have to say this was one mad trip from arriving drunk as a monkey to leaving the place with as close to alcohol poising as it comes it was craic the whole time. Hello to all the guys I met, Ash, Jason and Dennis who I travelled with. The Dublin City boys who I met at Stansted as well as all over the Faroes. Marcus and Galway Brian at the campsite, followed by Ciaran from UCD (who's mates abandoned him for a short time), then Finn arrived (hope you had a good time in Iceland, never made it to Circus but did get to NASA and Rex). Then Pineapple Stu and the boys arrived. I am sure that I was talking to lots more of you in Cafe Natur or Eclipse. The game was crap but the party made up for it afterwards, I swear I wont take off my clothes again but it had to be done, you dont often get to dance half-naked on top of a stage with the Irish team. Then there was Lopez, Sylvo (and other, whos name I forget, sorry) on the flight to Iceland and for a few pints there on the first night, and finally OneRedArmy and Matt for for two nights of debauchery in Iceland. If I have forgotten to mention anybody then my apologies.

Sorry for the bad grammar, but I am still too tired to care.

Slan...
This is Ray I take it :D

Ash
14/06/2005, 12:57 PM
I hope there wernt any more wardrobe malfunctions in Iceland :p

Schlooooomp
14/06/2005, 1:07 PM
It is I, Ray - no, no more wardrobe malfunctions, there weren't any more old Icelandic women to try and help me if I had one...

lopez
14/06/2005, 5:48 PM
It is I, Ray - no, no more wardrobe malfunctions, there weren't any more old Icelandic women to try and help me if I had one...You did seem slightly hazy on the flight. Thought it was just that you were one cooooooooooool guy! You've shattered my illusions. :(

Green Tribe
14/06/2005, 7:33 PM
I think 'ICE ICE BABY' should be sung to clinton morrison from now on, :D sure would appreciate a pic of his 'entertainment' in Eclipse...... :D :eek: oh go on! did not see it on awaythelads.com, plenty of duff though! :eek:

shiv_ire
14/06/2005, 8:51 PM
I think 'ICE ICE BABY' should be sung to clinton morrison from now on, :D sure would appreciate a pic of his 'entertainment' in Eclipse...... :D :eek: oh go on! did not see it on awaythelads.com, plenty of duff though! :eek:

Just a thought, but shouldn't we be a bit careful with the pictures from the Eclipse? The lads were well trashed that night-the craic was just unreal! And everyone with a camera got some excellent pictures to forever remind them of a truely excellent night! :D
But don't the lads deserve to run a muck once in a while without having to worry about embarrassing photos turning up on the net? The media weren't there, coz it would have been frontpage news next morning.
I have some excellent pictures, and I've shown them to everyone I know. But I just wouldn't feel right publishing pictures on the net if the lads hadn't actually posed for them.....in a somewhat sober way!

Cowboy
14/06/2005, 10:08 PM
Just a thought, but shouldn't we be a bit careful with the pictures from the Eclipse? The lads were well trashed that night-the craic was just unreal! And everyone with a camera got some excellent pictures to forever remind them of a truely excellent night! :D
But don't the lads deserve to run a muck once in a while without having to worry about embarrassing photos turning up on the net? The media weren't there, coz it would have been frontpage news next morning.
I have some excellent pictures, and I've shown them to everyone I know. But I just wouldn't feel right publishing pictures on the net if the lads hadn't actually posed for them.....in a somewhat sober way!

Well said, what goes on tour stays on tour, thats been an unwritten rule on any trip i've been on

sylvo
14/06/2005, 11:40 PM
Caught Davros having a munch at HT & Sylvo donning that lovely Green Aussie/cowboy hat type thing he is often found wearing!!

Thats not an aussie hat young man, myself and Pat O'Banton were wearing our Pearce and Connolly style brimmers. :D

sylvo
14/06/2005, 11:58 PM
Great trip just in the door now from both the trip and a couple of days AWOL fitting the kitchen of my retirement house, the singing and the songs during the game were fantasic, great to meet a few new faces from foot.ie out there. Just been shown one of the clips of myself on telly and I just get better looking with everyone of these crazy sleepless trips following Ireland.

Babysis
15/06/2005, 8:38 AM
Great trip just in the door now from both the trip and a couple of days AWOL fitting the kitchen of my retirement house, the singing and the songs during the game were fantasic, great to meet a few new faces from foot.ie out there. Just been shown one of the clips of myself on telly and I just get better looking with everyone of these crazy sleepless trips following Ireland.

Ah sylvo it just gets better uncle "now your asleep" John is sending over tapes of the news etc with all the footage of the game. :eek: Not looking forward to that one.