PDA

View Full Version : Faroe Islands (Away) Wed 8th Jun 05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

Babysis
16/05/2005, 9:23 AM
Babysis, did you hear by phone or mail?

Thanks

Pete

Neither. It was a bit of luck - A fella on here had 2, and he has let me have them at face value. Im just after emailing the FAI again, about extra tickets.

lopez
16/05/2005, 12:02 PM
Seems Montjuich is getting smaller by the day. :)

Can't say I'm surprised. Figures never supported the Faroes selling their allocation. It would be the equivalent of 400,000 applications for a game at Lansdowne Road. They certainly had tickets left when we contacted the Faroes FA; they just didn't want to sell them to us. It's great news all round. While the crack and cost is appealing for the hill, there is still nothing like actually attending a game.

Babysis
16/05/2005, 12:54 PM
From the irish FA after i asked about the extra tickets:

Louise,

We are currently in the process of contact original applicants.

We have received a limited number of additional tickets from the Faroe
Islands for this fixture. Your original application was for two tickets.
Please confirm if you wish to purchase these tickets.

Kind Regards

Emma Buckley
Ticket Office
Football Association of Ireland
Tel: 00353 (0) 1 7037500
Fax: 00353 (0) 1 6615631

I've said yes to the 2 tickets.

If anyone wants them at face Value, PM me and they are yours.
- They are in the post to me now

Only2keanos
16/05/2005, 3:56 PM
I have 2 spare tickets too. Let me know if anyone is interested in them, face value.

Cowboy
16/05/2005, 5:07 PM
How much are the FAI charging, i've seen no deduction from my credit card yet ?

SeanieBoy
16/05/2005, 5:21 PM
From the irish FA after i asked about the extra tickets:

I've said yes to the 2 tickets.

If anyone wants them at face Value, PM me and they are yours.
- They are in the post to me now

Do you still want the 2 tickets??

Cowboy
16/05/2005, 10:47 PM
anybody, how much are the tickets please?

Cowboy
17/05/2005, 8:42 AM
Thanks, actually got charged this morning for 39 euro per ticket

MariborKev
18/05/2005, 2:07 PM
Anyone try pricing car rental for the Faroes?

I got a quote of £470 for a seven seater for Monday-Thursday :(

MariborKev
18/05/2005, 2:17 PM
Now these beautiful Islands are just over an hour away on the Atlantic Airways’ BA146 flight:: the weekly (Saturdays) service from Edinburgh to the Faroe Islands runs from 21 May until 10 September. Flights-only start from £175 return, including tax, whilst packages with accommodation – 7 days - start from £398 contact www.greengate.fo

New Edinburgh flights available if anyone ahsn't made up theri mind to go yet :D

SuperDub
18/05/2005, 5:26 PM
Has anybody got an email address for the fai. i am still trying to sort tickets out but i am not getting any response by phone and i am not getting responses to my email. Its very fustrating as anyone i know who was refused tickets for this game have now being allocated some

Babysis
18/05/2005, 5:27 PM
:)
Has anybody got an email address for the fai. i am still trying to sort tickets out but i am not getting any response by phone and i am not getting responses to my email. Its very fustrating as anyone i know who was refused tickets for this game have now being allocated some

If you dont have any luck, talk to Seanieboy, or myself. There are 2 spares at face value. :)

Green Tribe
18/05/2005, 5:28 PM

I have emailed them before also and I get an email back saying the email was not delivered, as if the email address does not exist....... :rolleyes: :mad:

SuperDub
18/05/2005, 5:33 PM
Thanks for the info :)

Cowboy
18/05/2005, 5:42 PM
:)

If you dont have any luck, talk to Seanieboy, or myself. There are 2 spares at face value. :)

Now one more at face value

Babysis
18/05/2005, 5:45 PM
Now one more at face value

Why? are you not going??

Condex
18/05/2005, 5:51 PM
Now these beautiful Islands are just over an hour away on the Atlantic Airways’ BA146 flight:: the weekly (Saturdays) service from Edinburgh to the Faroe Islands runs from 21 May until 10 September. Flights-only start from £175 return, including tax, whilst packages with accommodation – 7 days - start from £398 contact www.greengate.fo

New Edinburgh flights available if anyone ahsn't made up theri mind to go yet :D

Was going to go this way but don't want to spend one week of my holidays on 'Craggy Island'

Instead going to drive up from London stopping off at various places along the way, not going to take the car on the ferry as its too expensive.

Cowboy
18/05/2005, 6:26 PM
Why? are you not going??

Hell no, a friend has unexpectedly got one from FAI so I'm trying to sell his for him

finn
19/05/2005, 9:37 AM
Just emailed again so hopefully they'll get back to me.

The hostel we booked is located between the villages Sandavágur and Midvágur
on the island of Vágar

Á Giljanesi
Phone: +298 332900
Fax: +298 332901
E-mail: giljanes@post.olivant.fo <mailto:giljanes@post.olivant.fo>

Just booked myself a bed in here on the Monday night.

camping on tues and wed, then back up possibly to vestmanna on the thurs before I fly back to RKV on the Friday Morning

WOOHOO 2 weeks till I head off

Pete

Ash
19/05/2005, 9:44 AM
I still got no word back from the camp sites in Torshvan :confused:

finn
19/05/2005, 10:05 AM

I think their details are:

Camp Site, Yviri við Strond, FO-100 Tórshavn T +298 320739 T +298 315788
F +298 316831

Office hours:

Mon. and Wed 8.00 - 13.00
Tue., Thur and Fri 8.00 - 11.00
Sat. and Sun. 8.00 - 12.00

from this (http://www.puffin.fo/travel/3.html) site

P

Peadar
19/05/2005, 12:17 PM
Atlantic Airways’ BA146 flight

Lucky bastads get a jet engine plane.
We're in a prop and we have to pedal it ourselves. :)

Pat O' Banton
19/05/2005, 12:19 PM
Lucky bastads get a jet engine plane.
We're in a prop and we have to pedal it ourselves. :)

Oh you know how to make a man less nervous! ;) :D

pineapple stu
19/05/2005, 12:25 PM
They can be slow alright. Probably best to drop them a line again, but I don't think the campsites will be booked out from what I heard. They'll accommodate you somehow if all comes to all.

Flying out on Sunday fortnight! Sounds so close now! :)

sylvo
19/05/2005, 12:30 PM
Oh you know how to make a man less nervous! ;) :D

You'll be grand. Just do what you normally do when on your travels. ;) You will not notice a thing. :D

Pat O' Banton
19/05/2005, 12:40 PM
You'll be grand. Just do what you normally do when on your travels. ;) You will not notice a thing. :D

Yeah but there's that worrying bit where they say that you've had too much 'relaxation' ;)

Peadar
19/05/2005, 12:47 PM
Yeah but there's that worrying bit where they say that you've had too much 'relaxation' ;)

So long as you can walk onto the plane yourself, you'll be grand.
You're not one of these guys who's rude to people so you wont draw the attention of the cabin crew.
No worries Pat, just make sure you get an aisle seat close to the loo. :)

MariborKev
19/05/2005, 8:10 PM
Still pursuing car rental when I stumbled on this

13. Driving in the Faroes
Driving is on the right and most road signs follow international standards. The use of seat belts is required. The speed limit is 80 kph (50 mph) and 50 kph (30 mph) in the towns and villages. For cars with trailers, the speed limit is 50 kph and for caravans the speed limit is 60 kph. The consequences for speeding are severe. If caught exceeding the speed limit by 30 kph, you may loose your license on the spot. Parking in the towns of Klaksvík and Tórshavn is restricted. Parking discs must be displayed in the lower right hand corner of the front windscreen showing the time you parked your car. These display discs are available at no charge from banks and the tourist offices. There is a fine of DKK 200 for parking violations. Headlights must be on when driving and seat belts fastened. As you drive along, please be aware that the sheep may be startled and leap out in front of you. If you happen to collide with a sheep, immediately contact the police in Tórshavn at tel 311448 for assistance.

Brilliant :D :D

I reckon I might need that police number as a speed dial on my phone

Junior
20/05/2005, 8:51 AM
Still pursuing car rental when I stumbled on this

13. Driving in the Faroes
Driving is on the right and most road signs follow international standards. The use of seat belts is required. The speed limit is 80 kph (50 mph) and 50 kph (30 mph) in the towns and villages. For cars with trailers, the speed limit is 50 kph and for caravans the speed limit is 60 kph. The consequences for speeding are severe. If caught exceeding the speed limit by 30 kph, you may loose your license on the spot. Parking in the towns of Klaksvík and Tórshavn is restricted. Parking discs must be displayed in the lower right hand corner of the front windscreen showing the time you parked your car. These display discs are available at no charge from banks and the tourist offices. There is a fine of DKK 200 for parking violations. Headlights must be on when driving and seat belts fastened. As you drive along, please be aware that the sheep may be startled and leap out in front of you. If you happen to collide with a sheep, immediately contact the police in Tórshavn at tel 311448 for assistance.

Brilliant :D :D

I reckon I might need that police number as a speed dial on my phone

No different than driving in Roscommon so? Well as long as you don't get out and stick the sheep in your boot and take it home! :D

Colie
21/05/2005, 12:42 PM
Theres no way you could harm a sheep at 50kph.

paul_oshea
21/05/2005, 1:01 PM
No different than driving in Roscommon so?

ha ha!!very funnY! :rolleyes:

colie you could harm a sheep no matter what speed you were going!

Cowboy
21/05/2005, 1:12 PM
Theres no way you could harm a sheep at 50kph.
you mean with a car?

sylvo
21/05/2005, 1:15 PM
you could harm a sheep no matter what speed you were going!

I won't ask any questions about that. :eek:

hamish
21/05/2005, 1:30 PM
Every fcuking thread on Foot.ie contains references to Roscommon and/or Galway and sheep.

Hope a bunch of Faroe rams rides yee all till yer holes are red raw, ye fcukers. :p :D

sylvo
21/05/2005, 3:04 PM
Every fcuking thread on Foot.ie contains references to Roscommon and/or Galway and sheep.

Hope a bunch of Faroe rams rides yee all till yer holes are red raw, ye fcukers. :p :D

Its the new in thing, its replaced the last fashion trend of everyone fighting about Celtic, ;) which ended up with everyone getting a bit carryed away and it was baaaaa'd form. :cool:

hamish
21/05/2005, 3:14 PM
Maaaaaaaaa feeling exactly, sylvo. Having lamb's liver for dinner but like the female spider, have to shag it first before eating it!!! :eek: :D

horney
21/05/2005, 7:50 PM
is tommy f goin to the faroes

Cowboy
21/05/2005, 8:59 PM
Maaaaaaaaa feeling exactly, sylvo. Having lamb's liver for dinner but like the female spider, have to shag it first before eating it!!! :eek: :D

how do you shag a liver exactly, make the sheep an alcoholic perhaps?

hamish
21/05/2005, 9:06 PM
[QUOTE=Cowboy]how do you shag a liver exactly, make the sheep an alcoholic perhaps?
:D :D I was typing hurridly so I made bo!!ix of that remark.
No I meant the sheep first :D then eat the liver, just about to pop the meat in the pan!!
Of course, I am only joking about the sheep. You believe me don't ya??
Seriously, joking about shep shagging is fun but in reality I'd cheerfully cut the balls of anyone shagging animals. Aren't there plenty of georgeous ladies out there so what's the point?? I just don't get it?? :confused:

FarBeag
21/05/2005, 10:04 PM
Jesus Noel..My auld man is presently looking for two young lambs that have strayed from the field.I hope to fcuk you have not gone from a very prominent, extremely poplar teacher to a sheep thief who shags the poor devils before eating their liver.

hamish
21/05/2005, 10:34 PM
Jesus Noel..My auld man is presently looking for two young lambs that have strayed from the field.I hope to fcuk you have not gone from a very prominent, extremely poplar teacher to a sheep thief who shags the poor devils before eating their liver.

You can relax FearBeag, I'd never steal my ex-pupil's dad's lambs. At that age, anyway, they'd be below the age of consent. :D :D

Extremely popular? Prominent? Fcuk, but that's a new one on me - kind thought appreciated - letter in brown envelope in the post! :D

MariborKev
22/05/2005, 4:34 PM
http://www.shirtcity.com/shop/00000000000003fa006cfa43000000b34ec28836/file_merchandising/overview/merchantshop_mode/catalogue/menu_item/1/tshirt_shop.html

Right lads(and ladies), the first trip t-shirts are now up. The are all double sides, so if you click on them, you can see the front and back designs. Some are in plain English, the others with a few accents

I know these seem pricey, but that is the cost of being able to produce in small quantities. Also, the skinny tees for women appear dearer for some reason. I am making zero profit on the t-shirts, just want any who wants one to get it. They are posted from Germany and take a while to get here, so don't leave it too late to get here

I will be uploading a few more designs in the next hours and days(and when I failed my uni exams I hope you thank me).

If anyone wants the same design on a hoody etc give me a shout and I can get that sorted as well

Hope to see Torshavn covered in these shirts :D

MariborKev
22/05/2005, 5:24 PM
Make sure and scroll on to Page 3 of the shop to see the "Feck Muffins, Eat Puffin" shirts

All ideas welcom

pineapple stu
22/05/2005, 7:43 PM
You didn't manage to get the islands imposed? That'd be cool!

MariborKev
22/05/2005, 7:44 PM
An eagle eyed punter has PMed me to say that there is no option for Irish customers to register. I have emailed the firm and I reckon it is just an oversight as in all their FAQ material they mention that they post to all EU states.

I will update you when they get back to me with the info

MariborKev
22/05/2005, 7:46 PM
You didn't manage to get the islands imposed? That'd be cool!

Working on the islands, are people happy with just the islands in their natural colour and then a litte text underneath?

I was trying to colour in the Islands in green white and orange but was having real problems matching the green with the green of the shirt

I can superimpose the islands no bother, any preferred text with it?

pineapple stu
22/05/2005, 7:51 PM
Working on the islands, are people happy with just the islands in their natural colour and then a litte text underneath?
Grand for me anyway.

I can superimpose the islands no bother, any preferred text with it?
How many would go for "foot.ie on tour"? Then the same thing on the back (Tórshavn, 08/06/05)

"Are they small or Faroe-way"? :o

MariborKev
22/05/2005, 8:49 PM
Well I was thinking the islands on the back with Torshavn 08/06/05 under it

Then Foot.ie on tour on the front?

MariborKev
22/05/2005, 9:22 PM
Anyone who has any photoshop skills and has a free hour or two will be able to sort all this out

Any volunteers?

hamish
23/05/2005, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=fenabhoy]Only cos the entire population of the former make even the average Norrie look like a benign OAP....... but are a million times more interesting! :

That explains it so :eek: You must be from Roscommon then!! :D - pardon my innocence, I'm not au fait with you young pups' lingo but ...er... what's a Norrie? :o Is it some sort of name for a Northerner?
By the way did you see the Sky programme on Sky tonight? - OAPs on asbo. The same folks were also featured in the G2 section of The Guardian last week. so, young man, a word of warning, near OAPs like myself and OAPS will be round to your house where we'll have a group whinge until all hours of the morning!!!!
You'll be driven mad with all the moanin' :D