PDA

View Full Version : Israel (Away) Sat 26th Mar 05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

green army
25/02/2005, 8:08 AM
kobby are you the man who was interviewed in 'the star' newspaper on tuesday.

kobby
25/02/2005, 10:24 AM
Yes I was at the star, written by sheane
You will get to see me qouted in many papers, thats how i found out about this web site.

kobby
25/02/2005, 10:29 AM
Uf someone will be ableto scan the article and place it here I'll be grateful to him/her
Thanx!

NOLANone
25/02/2005, 2:02 PM
Hi Kobby,

I read your interview in " The Star " a few days ago and was very excited and impressed with what you had to say. Irish fans will come to Israel with open minds and will not be expecting to see solely what the newspapers and TV choose to feed us. We will respect your country and people and know that these feelings will be returned to us ten fold. :D It is great to hear that Tel Aviv is planning a huge welcome for us which will include a massive beach party on Friday 25th March. :ball:

Please answer the following questions:

Q~ Which currency will be the most convenient for Irish visitors to bring; U.S dollars, Euro or NIS?

Q~ Should we carry our passports with us at all times when in Tel Aviv?

Q~ Will we notice any disruption to services eg. restaurants, bars, shops,taxis etc closed or not available during Thursday to Sunday as your weekend and day of rest is different from ours in Ireland?

Q~ Do most of Tel Aviv's bars and especially night clubs really stay open very late? Start filling up at around 12.00 midnight and go on until 4.00~5.00am?

Q~ Is the Sheraton Hotel centrally located and within easy reach of all the action?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

gspain
25/02/2005, 3:45 PM
Hi Kobby,

I read your interview in " The Star " a few days ago and was very excited and impressed with what you had to say. Irish fans will come to Israel with open minds and will not be expecting to see solely what the newspapers and TV choose to feed us. We will respect your country and people and know that these feelings will be returned to us ten fold. :D It is great to hear that Tel Aviv is planning a huge welcome for us which will include a massive beach party on Friday 25th March. :ball:

Please answer the following questions:

Q~ Which currency will be the most convenient for Irish visitors to bring; U.S dollars, Euro or NIS?

Q~ Should we carry our passports with us at all times when in Tel Aviv?

Q~ Will we notice any disruption to services eg. restaurants, bars, shops,taxis etc closed or not available during Thursday to Sunday as your weekend and day of rest is different from ours in Ireland?

Q~ Do most of Tel Aviv's bars and especially night clubs really stay open very late? Start filling up at around 12.00 midnight and go on until 4.00~5.00am?

Q~ Is the Sheraton Hotel centrally located and within easy reach of all the action?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

Read back through the thread here and you'll get most of your answers.

Surely best to bring the local currency.

I believe the Sheraton is on the beach in Tel Aviv where the action is. From memory it seems like we'll hav eplenty of bars restaurants etc on friday and saturday in Tel Aviv. That is the weekend and sunday is a working day.

footballplease
25/02/2005, 3:54 PM
One quick question lads - what time is kick-off? (Irish Time)

DubJohn
25/02/2005, 4:15 PM
19:50 Israeli time = 17:50 Irish time

DubJohn
25/02/2005, 4:42 PM
Here's a picture of the stadium... (sorry if posted somewhere already)

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/middle_east/israel/ramat_gan.shtml

NOLANone
25/02/2005, 4:50 PM
Cheers DubJohn, I already knew the answers to most of my questions but wanted a view from someone who actually lives in Tel Aviv.

This time 4 weeks and we'll be at the beach party. Happy dayz!!!!

kobby
25/02/2005, 6:24 PM
First thanx for your warm thought and feelings...
To your question one by one...
1.If I were Irish coming to TLV i would get my currency - EURO and why?
you will lose money in converting euro to N.I.S at Dublin and lose twice if you convert to dollar and then to N.I.S.
It is very very easy and there is many many changing point next to hotel on Ben-Yhouda St. and H'YARKON st. where most of hotels are at Tel-Aviv that change with no commission and my advise is to browse well so you will get the best value for your money!
Do not change at Banks (bed rate and high commision..) not!!! in airport couse that is realy lousy rate...
2.Look I dont know to tell you if you have to carry your passport, but when i travel i carry my passport/driving licens to where ever i go...
3.The holy day here is Sat. Due all of the pubs,night clubs, bars open 24/7 and a lot of kiosk open 24/7 so you will be able to get food and drink..
Some of the shops will be closed only on Sat.
4.Yes!!! on top of that you will attend the best night of the year the holyday of Purim where it is the best ever partys , you will see at the st. peaple all dressed up with coustmes and dance all night long...the only annoying fact, is that weekend the entrence fee for clubs sky rocket to around 20 - 30 Euro per person...(usually around 15 euro..)
check for partys at the special offers on the special time-out magazin that the city sponcer for you for free!!!! you will be able to pick it up at the airport or your hotel
5. The Sharton is at a prime loction and by the wey he won this year Orange prize from the city for best service at 5 hotel stars...

Yours
Kobby Barda
Spokesman
Tel-Aviv-yaffo Municipality

Green Tribe
25/02/2005, 6:53 PM
That's the whole idea :) Eire06, we'll take them by suprise!

They'll be expecting us to be all shy, reserved and quiet but I'm on a lone mission to prove them wrong!

Message to all Israeli ladies, ( well those 18~25 in my case anyway ) '' the Irish are coming! '' :D

hey kobby, this is more like the kind of info NOLANone wants. :D :eek: :D

kobby
25/02/2005, 7:00 PM
You can get some info of Israel and the game at...

http://dublin.mfa.gov.il/mfm/web/main/missionhome.asp?MissionID=116&

some info of Tel-Aviv Yaffo torisem at:
http://www.tel-aviv.gov.il/English/Tourism/Beaches/Index.htm

info on tel-aviv hotels:
http://www.telavivhotels.org.il/eng/specials.php

Kobby Barda

NOLANone
25/02/2005, 7:22 PM
hey kobby, this is more like the kind of info NOLANone wants. :D :eek: :D

Nice one kerr's tribe, thanks for looking out for me, sure its only a bit of craic anyway. ;)

Green Tribe
26/02/2005, 1:42 AM
Nice one kerr's tribe, thanks for looking out for me, sure its only a bit of craic anyway. ;)

you are welcome, i knew u were too shy to ask him yourself so i thought i would do the honours for you.... ;) :D good craic indeed :D

NOLANone
26/02/2005, 7:01 PM
In Tel Aviv last night, at around midnight ( Israeli time ), a suicide bomber detonated a bomb outside a busy nightclub. 4 civillians were killed and many more were injured by flying pieces of metal which were packed around the bomb.

I'm sure that many fans who have booked flights and hotels to Tel Aviv for next month's big game are worried about their personal security.

Should we be worried, especially if making this trip as a solo traveller?

I hope that this is an isolated incident and that the Israel v's Ireland match goes ahead as planned.

Is FIFA likely to consider a venue switch?

the_bonk
26/02/2005, 7:57 PM
Just came back from Cancun, mexico ( WAS GREAT )
I am not going to say how much Israel is safe as i said in the last posts because i will look like a fool after yesterday.
Its so unfortunet that this bombing came after a long time that Tel Aviv had not seen terror in the city. I dont know what to say. If i was you i would probably be afraid , but as i know the situation i know you should not be and the fan's that will come will have a great time imo.

If someone has something to ask , say....im here to answer.

NOLANone
26/02/2005, 8:17 PM
I will still go to Tel Aviv next month but I'm worried that many Irish fans who have wives or husbands and children will reluctantly decide not to travel.

The most shocking thing about this latest bombing is that people thought this was a thing of the past. We believed that we would only have to worry about possibly losing points from a football match, not our lives aswell.

the_bonk
26/02/2005, 9:01 PM
I will still go to Tel Aviv next month but I'm worried that many Irish fans who have wives or husbands and children will reluctantly decide not to travel.

The most shocking thing about this latest bombing is that people thought this was a thing of the past. We believed that we would only have to worry about possibly losing points from a football match, not our lives aswell.

I most defently think that some people will cancel their reservation's and most defently people who thought about coming , are now afraid.
But to say you need to worry about your life is just not true. Lets talk after you come and we shell see if you worried for your life ( althought i understand why you are afraid , but i think you should come still ) .

I think that under the new cirkemstenses ( have no idea how to write it correctly , hope you understand ) if 1,500 Irish fans will come , it will be a nice amount .

NOLANone
26/02/2005, 9:09 PM
I hope to meet you in Tel Aviv on Thursday or at beach party on friday before the match. We could meet at Sheraton Hotel for a few beers if you want?

the_bonk
26/02/2005, 9:16 PM
I hope to meet you in Tel Aviv on Thursday or at beach party on friday before the match. We could meet at Sheraton Hotel for a few beers if you want?

One problem though, im only 17 .

NOLANone
26/02/2005, 9:36 PM
I'm sure all the foot.ie people will meet up before the match anyway. The Beach Party on Friday evening would be a perfect meeting point for everyone.

I don't drink all day, every day, so I could probably fit you in for a coffee or something and you could meet my friend who goes to all Ireland matches, home and away. He has some great stories to tell about trips to Georgia, USA, Holland, Malta, Swiss, France, Portugal, Japan, Korea, Belgium etc etc and even Iran!

Nothing has stopped him supporting Ireland in the past and neither of us are about to stay at home now.

Match will be finished this time next month, what is your prediction for the score?

0-2 Ireland 3 points!!!!!!!!

the_bonk
26/02/2005, 9:37 PM
I'm sure all the foot.ie people will meet up before the match anyway. The Beach Party on Friday evening would be a perfect meeting point for everyone.

I don't drink all day, every day, so I could probably fit you in for a coffee or something and you could meet my friend who goes to all Ireland matches, home and away. He has some great stories to tell about trips to Georgia, USA, Holland, Malta, Swiss, France, Portugal, Japan, Korea, Belgium etc etc and even Iran!

Sounds great !!!!

NOLANone
26/02/2005, 9:45 PM
ISRAEL 0-2 IRELAND

No problem!

kobby
27/02/2005, 11:30 AM
Hello
By now I believe that you all herd of the boming in Tel-aviv.
What I do want you to know is that this time it is looking diffrent then the other boobing.
All the Palestinian authoritys has strongly admonish the act, and the stste of mind is that we hope all will be made to prevent such an act..
I do however want to remined as all that 2 weeks ago there was a call of bomb threat at the Real Madrid stadium , But the spirit of the game won...
Terror regretfully hit us all around the globe, and we all exposed to Teror threatening where ever we are.
I do want to emphasize that we here in Tel-Aviv hope that you will come pay a visit here and to have a derive pleasure from all the city can offer.
We all hope that solidarity that we wanted to have demonstrated to you will serve as many fans as would like to visit here.
We of course kipp on the plan as usual, and hope to shere good time wuth you companions...
Yours
Kobby Barda

SuperSaints
28/02/2005, 9:35 AM
Talk of terror has no place on a football forum. I don't talk about illegal occupation of palestinian lands so why should I listen to this manure about terror be it Hamas or government sponsored terror. I for one am boycotting this match for this very reason.

Green Tribe
28/02/2005, 9:49 AM
Talk of terror has no place on a football forum. I don't talk about illegal occupation of palestinian lands so why should I listen to this manure about terror be it Hamas or government sponsored terror. I for one am boycotting this match for this very reason.

oh lordy-lord, here we go again, as someone said in the forum, go hug a tree! :D

DubJohn
28/02/2005, 10:04 AM

So you're not going to watch either leg of the game? Yeah right.

It's sad that terror has to come up on a football forum, but in case you haven't noticed, there are a lot of fans planning on going to TelAviv... to have fun, meet Israeli friends and watch the game. Questions and discussion about Friday night with like minded Israeli lads and lassies are relevant and necessary. You shouldn't be offended by it. Where else are people gonna post?

And, as far as I can see you are the first to bring up occupation. Looks to me like you just took the first opportunity to stick your opinion on that into a football forum.

SuperSaints
28/02/2005, 10:08 AM
It's far from being the first time it's been mentioned but you're right it's a football forum.

lopez
28/02/2005, 10:55 AM
Talk of terror has no place on a football forum. I don't talk about illegal occupation of palestinian lands so why should I listen to this manure about terror be it Hamas or government sponsored terror. I for one am boycotting this match for this very reason.Bomb goes off near a hotel where the Irish team and supporters will be in four weeks. Yeah, just forget it happened and go and talk about occupation, boycotts, er, I mean footy. :rolleyes:

Kobby, a question: I'm not going but I was there before in 1984 for football. Is Maccabi beer still sold? I remember it being quite nice.

Condex
28/02/2005, 11:58 AM

:rolleyes: Where do these lefties spring from ??

Condex
28/02/2005, 1:44 PM
Er,they recognise the parallels in illegal occupation of a piece of Palestine,with a similarly illegal occupation closer to home, :rolleyes: FFS!

Isn't it great getting lectured to by a "Rafia" supporter, not very popular at the moment are we !!!

slow2anger
28/02/2005, 2:44 PM
I for one am boycotting this match for this very reason.

thats going to make alot of difference then isn't it!
get a life!

the_bonk
28/02/2005, 3:48 PM
a question: I'm not going but I was there before in 1984 for football. Is Maccabi beer still sold? I remember it being quite nice.

Yep, its still sold....

By the way today in our 3 big newspaper's was talking about your fans, and maybe that some will cancel the trip. One newspaper said 2000 fans already booked a ticket, another one said 2500 . This forum was also mentioned as Koby said he tries to convice Irish that it is safe here in Irish forum's----> This forum was mentioned in our bigest newspaper :cool:

kobby
28/02/2005, 4:50 PM
Bomb goes off near a hotel where the Irish team and supporters will be in four weeks. Yeah, just forget it happened and go and talk about occupation, boycotts, er, I mean footy. :rolleyes:

Kobby, a question: I'm not going but I was there before in 1984 for football. Is Maccabi beer still sold? I remember it being quite nice.

Yes there is a Maccabi beer on market...

Peadar
28/02/2005, 6:06 PM
maybe that some will cancel the trip.

I'm still going, bonk.
We're not easily distracted from a good party. ;)

Eldad
28/02/2005, 7:28 PM
Yes there is a Maccabi beer on market...
But don't try to compare it to any another European beer...

IsMiseSean
28/02/2005, 10:10 PM
I still cant wait for the trip/game, bomb or no bomb.
I'm looking forward to tasting this maccabi beer everyone is on about ;)

lopez
28/02/2005, 10:23 PM
But don't try to compare it to any another European beer...I was eighteen when I went there and it did hit the spot. My previous example of drinking lager were crap English lager (3%), Maltese beer (cr*p, although it managed to get me to pass out in a bog cubicle one night), San Miguel. I had yet to visit the meccas for beer lovers - Belgium, Munich Czech Republic and (very underated) Poland.

Could never see it round Golders Green when I used to work there, although someone did leave a can around one day at work. :eek: It can't be as bad as that p*ss in Cyprus. My tastebuds were doing somersaults when I had a 1/2L of EFES in North Nicosia. Mind you, too many Irish fans can't get way from Guinness for them to ever make a considere judgement on it.

donalfitz
28/02/2005, 11:32 PM
I still cant wait for the trip/game, bomb or no bomb.
I'm looking forward to tasting this maccabi beer everyone is on about ;)

At the rate you lot are talking, they won't be any maccabi beer left in Tel aviv by the time i get back there on the friday evening. JGKyne/Peader I'm with you and any others who not into hatred/scared talk. I'm going there to have a good time and to support the team :). Don't forget to get your voice boxes ready we have a lot of singing/shouting to do to turn the statduim into a home match. Don't worry about your sercurity the local's will take care of that.
So lads see you there and save a gallon of Maccabi for me. ;)

donalfitz
28/02/2005, 11:47 PM
One problem though, im only 17 .
If your'e with a gang of fans there should be no problem. Have a pair of shoes for the nite clubs, that more than your'e age might be a problem. Our only problem is deciding which which one to go to :D

Dawn_Run
01/03/2005, 8:00 AM
Well according to the indo today 'it will take a considerable worsening of the situation in the Middle Easet before they (FAI) consider calling the game off'

25 days and counting...

ACdub
01/03/2005, 8:37 AM
Kobby

I just have one serious concern over our vist to Tel Aviv.....can you guaranteee the pubs will not run out of beer??????? See you in a few weeks!!

DubJohn
01/03/2005, 1:44 PM
FAI confirm game is to go ahead in Tel Aviv...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/0301/fai.html

kobby
01/03/2005, 6:08 PM
Kobby

I just have one serious concern over our vist to Tel Aviv.....can you guaranteee the pubs will not run out of beer??????? See you in a few weeks!!

As I prommised, not only that there is no problem to get beer, you as irish fan get 1+1 at happy hours all around Tel-aviv pubs...

Green Tribe
01/03/2005, 6:30 PM
As I prommised, not only that there is no problem to get beer, you as irish fan get 1+1 at happy hours all around Tel-aviv pubs...

i think u have made a lot of travelling irish fans very happy indeed :D this will all add to the vocal support and turn it into another home game!!!!! :D

gspain
01/03/2005, 8:25 PM
Kobby

This is a serious problem - has happened in Niigata when we literally drank the town dry.

The Black Pig sold more in a weekend than they normally do in a year.

Beavis
01/03/2005, 8:32 PM
I don't believe it. This just keeps getting better and better.... :D

ACdub
01/03/2005, 10:41 PM
:D Please be well advised we'll be happy houred from the moment we arrive till we leave with all the free beer!!!!!!!!!! It's hard work this you know...

Hibs4Ever
02/03/2005, 8:08 AM
ANOTHER bombing in Tel Aviv last night

stickyjoe
02/03/2005, 8:23 AM
not politically related as far as i`ve heard. was more along the lines of criminality. cant see it effecting anything for the match at all