PDA

View Full Version : France (Away) Sat 9th Oct 04

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Junior
04/02/2004, 11:27 AM
Please use this thread to post any useful links, websites that can assist travel, accomodation, tickets etc...

Flights

Paris CDG Airport www.paris-cdg.com
Air France www.airfrance.com
Opodo www.opodo.co.uk
Trip Advisor www.tipadvisor.com
Expedia www.expedia.co.uk

Easyjet - Paris CDG from Luton, Liverpool or Newcastle for the UK traveller www.easyjet.co.uk

Accomodation

Youth Hostels http://www.europeanhostels.com/fall/
Hotels search site www.hotels.com
Paris Hotels Search site http://www.parishotels-discount.com/

Tourist Info

France Tourist Office http://www.francetourism.com/
Paris Tourist Information http://www.paris-touristoffice.com/index_va_v2.html

Footie Related

French Football Federation http://www.fff.fr/ (In French )
French Football http://french-football.net/ (A good links section, could be useful for forums, if searching out match tickets etc...)

Dodge
04/02/2004, 12:41 PM
Apparently all Ryabir flights on Friday and Sturday have been booked already...

Paulie
04/02/2004, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Apparently all Ryabir flights on Friday and Sturday have been booked already...

I checked the Ryanair website myself this morning and the dates around the French game were all coming up as booked up. However I think this is only because the Ryanair website is only giving out inf. on it's schedule up to the end of September. I rang Ryanair who told me that their schedule for October would not be posted on their website for another month.

Junior
04/02/2004, 1:56 PM
Originally posted by Paulie
I checked the Ryanair website myself this morning and the dates around the French game were all coming up as booked up. However I think this is only because the Ryanair website is only giving out inf. on it's schedule up to the end of September. I rang Ryanair who told me that their schedule for October would not be posted on their website for another month.

my advice would be, don't hold your breath on any decent deals when they are released!!

Paul03
04/02/2004, 2:41 PM
Easyjet: Liverpool - Paris between £30 - £60 depending on when you want to go.

Mayo_Bhoy
04/02/2004, 3:24 PM
£38 incl taxes with Easyjet from Luton Dep: Friday, Ret: Sunday

Mayo_Bhoy
04/02/2004, 6:04 PM

gspain
05/02/2004, 10:00 AM
Booked Aer Lingus yesterday morning out fri morning back sun morning - got it for 53 euro and 4,000 tab points.

Ferry is worth keeping mind if you have the time - good deals in October for 5 days and you can bring back a car load of booze for Christmas - went a couple of years ago just to get wine.

Paul03
05/02/2004, 11:33 AM
Ok thats me booked Liverpool - Paris Saturday morning - Sunday night £140 for the two.

Anyone know of any reasonably placed and priced hotels?

tiktok
05/02/2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by gspain
Ferry is worth keeping mind if you have the time - good deals in October for 5 days and you can bring back a car load of booze for Christmas - went a couple of years ago just to get wine.

and you can avoid paying duty on it if you tighten your suspension, the weight on your back wheels is how the customs boys choose cars to check......apparently;)

the 12 th man
05/02/2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
and you can avoid paying duty on it if you tighten your suspension, the weight on your back wheels is how the customs boys choose cars to check......apparently;)

you can bring as much beer and wine as you like home with you,so long as its for your own use.i was there at xmas in a van and they never even asked how much i had (which was half a brewery).

:D :

Paulie
05/02/2004, 1:38 PM
We just booked on british midlands for €180 per head. Considering that Ryanair are charging €413, Aer Lingus €313 and Air france €480 for the dates we want this doesn't seem too bad to me. For any of you that think €180 is resonable enough the details are as follows:

Leave Dublin at 7am on Thursday the 7th of October, arrive in Heathrow at 8:30am, leave Heathrow at 10:40am, arrive Charles de Gaulle at 12:50pm.

Leave Charles de Gaulle at 1:30pm on Sunday the 10th of October, arrive in Heathrow at 1:45pm, leave Heathrow at 3:30pm, arrive in Dublin at 4:50pm.

The friend of mine who did the booking reckons that a fair few people may have been accessing the site at the same time he was, trying to get the same or simiar flights, as the site was taking a lot longer than you would expect. Also the cost of this flight has gone up about €15 since yesterday so maybe they are gearing up for a big hike in the price. Either way I wouldn't be hanging around on this one.

Mayo_Bhoy
05/02/2004, 4:24 PM
Flights still available from www.flybmi.com on Thurs oct 7 for €61 one way incl taxes.

4tothefloor
11/02/2004, 12:49 PM
Anyone know if the French FA sells tickets to the general public for competitive games?

Junior
11/02/2004, 1:22 PM
Originally posted by 4tothefloor
Anyone know if the French FA sells tickets to the general public for competitive games?

not sure, their site is all in french (see above link) but I will be checking it regularly for any updates.

hopefully we will receive a good allocation, rumours seem to suggest 10% around 8,000 tickets

only1kilbane
11/02/2004, 2:16 PM
the french have to give us a minimum of 10% of the tickets 8,000. The fai have said they are going to look for 15,000 as they see a demand for this !

4tothefloor
11/02/2004, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by gspain
Booked Aer Lingus yesterday morning out fri morning back sun morning - got it for 53 euro and 4,000 tab points.

How in god's name did you manage that?!

Neil04
11/02/2004, 6:16 PM
hi i booked with britishmidland, out on the friday at 11.10 and into paris at 18.10 via Heathrow, and home again on monday 13.30 and into dublin at 16.50 via london. All this for 150 Euro which is not bad at all. Accomodation in paris i dont think will be that bad as it is such a big city not like basel. Hopefully tickets will not be a problem either. SO check out flybmi.co.uk

gspain
12/02/2004, 9:30 AM
Originally posted by 4tothefloor
How in god's name did you manage that?!

Booked it early am morning after the fixtures were announced before Treacy and Cassin got all the cheap seats to sell at €500+ a pop.

Those guys are still advertising this weekend's rugby in Paris although they haven't dropped the price yet. Looks like they are badly stuck with extra capacity. Think they'll cash in in October though.

Anyway I'd still strongly recommend the ferry for those with time and a car. Otherwise try Brussels or even Amsterdam and get a train down. Paris has great rail links although check the prices too as the train can be expensive.

tiktok
13/02/2004, 2:16 PM
from www.breakingnews.ie

Irish Ferries have amended their published sailing schedule in order to satisfy demand from thousands of Irish soccer supporters planning to attend Ireland's World Cup qualifying game against France which takes place in Paris on Saturday, October 9 next.

New arrangements provide for departures from Rosslare on Tuesday, October 5 and Thursday, October 7 with return sailings from Cherbourg to Rosslare on Sunday, October 10 and Tuesday, October 12.

For the game, the company is offering a special 5-day return fare of €229 for a car and up to 4 adults which provides up to two nights in France. A similar 9-day return fare with up to six nights in France is available for €349 for the same group of car plus 4 adults.

frano
16/02/2004, 1:58 PM
Accomodation - on the east side of the city is an area called Bastille. The area has a high student population and has cheap digs. It also has some great little back street taverna type bars which stay open until your drinking in spite of yourself.
It's a great little area, with a great atmosphere, and for those looking to save a few quid on digs, it's ideal.

Don't forget the Eurostar if you travelling from England lads. You can get it for £60 rtn. It's a lot less hassle than going out to the airports, and works out as cheap.
Charles de Gaul Airport is miles north of the city, whereas Gard Nord train station is right in town.

Junior
24/02/2004, 9:33 AM
Lads, you can still get flights with www.airfrance.com Manchester to CDG out Friday back Sun for £90 sterling, Some of the boys coming with us have just got Dublin - Mcr return for something silly like 20 euros with Aerlingus. All in all its alot cheaper than the flights direct from Ireland.

Junior
22/03/2004, 11:39 AM
www.Bmibaby.co.uk fly to CDG from Manchester, East Midlands and Cardiff

Currently flights from Manchester out Thurs 7th back Sun 10th or Out Fri 8th back Mon 11th are £73 GBP, alternatively you can go out Fri back Sun for £107 GBP.

I've not checked the flights from East Midlands or Cardiff but there could be even better deals form there. Im sure you can get cheap connections from Dublin to these airports also.

Worth a look anyhow.

Jnr

irwinsalegend
23/03/2004, 1:20 PM
12 of us have now booked the same flights with easy jet from Belfast to Paris via Luton

Deaprting on friday morning via Luton and coming back on monday afternoon. Was only 150 euro in total when i booked a few weeks ago, has gone up since but still good value.

irwinsalegend
25/03/2004, 1:41 PM
Easy Jet have just announced a new route from Belfats to Paris direct. Not happy as we thoguht we were doing well getting it for 150 euro via luton last month and now the driect flights are out and it's only 110 euro at the minute.

eirebhoy
16/04/2004, 4:26 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get flights ATM. I want return flights from Dublin to Paris for the 8th-10th and the cheapest I can find is British Airways at €262. Anywhere cheaper?

Cheers.

Junior
16/04/2004, 7:27 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get flights ATM. I want return flights from Dublin to Paris for the 8th-10th and the cheapest I can find is British Airways at €262. Anywhere cheaper?

Cheers.

right ya lazy *******, did ya even try any of the links above?????

First attempt

Dub - Man with Ryanair & Man - CDG with BMI Baby out on the Fri back on the Sunday for 68euros + 164euros (110 GBP) = 232 euros

Maybe try Air France for the Man - CDG leg it may be cheaper.

Alternatively try the above route but via East Midlands or Stansted.

eirebhoy
16/04/2004, 7:54 PM
right ya lazy *******, did ya even try any of the links above?????

First attempt

Dub - Man with Ryanair & Man - CDG with BMI Baby out on the Fri back on the Sunday for 68euros + 164euros (110 GBP) = 232 euros

Maybe try Air France for the Man - CDG leg it may be cheaper.

Alternatively try the above route but via East Midlands or Stansted.
For some reason, it's more expensive per person with Ryanair when travelling with a group. €250 is the cheapest I can find and I'll take it and run.

Cheers.

Junior
16/04/2004, 8:09 PM
For some reason, it's more expensive per person with Ryanair when travelling with a group. €250 is the cheapest I can find and I'll take it and run.

Cheers.

Airlines do this when booking a group, you put in how many people are travelling and they give you the cheapest price tickets for 8 people (i.e with the same value ticket for each person) Try searching for one passenger at a time and you will possibly get cheaper prices for the first few passengers, then you can divvy up the total cost of all flights with your mates and it should work out cheaper pp.

hope that makes sense.

Jnr

oconghc2
23/04/2004, 7:58 PM
plenty of ways to go - all under 200 euro -

- fly from belfast to gatwick, then euro star (can get it under 160 eur - go friday - back monday)

- fly ryanair to luton, then easyjet from luton

- even Aerlingus to heathrow, then BMI

give it a look, should be good craic on eurostar

There.

irwinsalegend
28/04/2004, 1:41 PM
has anyone got any accomodation booked yet. Looking around at plenty of places. someone mentioned the formula one hotels as being clean and basic. room for about 40 euro which sleeps about 4 and on the metro line.
14 in our group so we're not after luxury

Paulie
28/04/2004, 2:00 PM
You should probably take a look at apartments as well as I believe they can be rented out for a few nights at a reasonable price. Don't have any specifics I'm afraid as I still have to book my own accommodation for Paris yet and haven't taken a close look myself.

oconghc2
28/04/2004, 10:34 PM
only looked at eurostar on web - dates don't go up to october but just looked at any random friday date.

can't see it goin up too much - we're prob lookin at this way, might try and book over phone or something

blobbyblob
29/04/2004, 2:07 PM
has anyone got any accomodation booked yet. Looking around at plenty of places. someone mentioned the formula one hotels as being clean and basic. room for about 40 euro which sleeps about 4 and on the metro line.
14 in our group so we're not after luxury

Got 9 of us into a hostel for 20 squid a night each. private room for 3 with a shower. Not the Ritz but good enough as a base for the weekend. Right in the middle of town.

NeilMcD
29/04/2004, 4:55 PM
hey whats teh name of it

tarzan_bray
20/05/2004, 10:56 AM
What time is kick off of this match, is it the evening because I am looking at flying in on Saturday 9th October.

Thanks

irwinsalegend
21/05/2004, 1:13 PM
I doubt if any start time has been agreed yet. I would guess at about 5pm. i can find out for you and post it next week after the Romania match as i'll be talking to someone who'll know.

Just booked a Hotel for 14 of us in the Latin quarter and got it for 27euro a night each. Just basic but i doubt if we'll be in it for very long anyway.

loscherland
28/05/2004, 10:18 AM
Got Flights during the week from Ryanair for €50!!! Fly in Saturday morning (Arrive 9am) - Fly back Monday evening...

Sweet.

Anyone heard anything on ticket allocation yet? - Probably Aug til they sort that out i'd imagine?

Junior
28/05/2004, 3:16 PM
Got Flights during the week from Ryanair for €50!!! Fly in Saturday morning (Arrive 9am) - Fly back Monday evening...

Sweet.

Anyone heard anything on ticket allocation yet? - Probably Aug til they sort that out i'd imagine?

from where Dublin??

Fr. Joe
30/05/2004, 12:28 AM
The ko time will be 7.30-8.30 local time for definite.

loscherland
01/06/2004, 9:56 AM
Few Q's

-- How far outside the city is Paris Beauvais airport? - Anyone know if there is a shutle service from the airport?

-- Where abouts is Stade de France?

only1kilbane
01/06/2004, 11:39 AM
bus direct from beauvais takes about 1hr 30. Stade de France pretty central on metro .

irwinsalegend
01/06/2004, 1:13 PM
As above, there is a Ryanair bus from beauvais to pretty much city centre.
Stade de france is in the North East of the city . It's handy on the Metro but i would not advise staying in the area as it was built to try to regenerate the area of th city. last time i was there(about 2 years ago) it was not regenerated too much and i would not have liked to have wandered too far from the stadium.
I'd advise staying around the latin Quarter. best value everything. I got a very good deal in this hotel at 27 euro a night PP friday to Monday , 14 of us booked in. basic but who cares
http://www.excelsior-paris-hotel.com/index.htm

loscherland
01/06/2004, 2:10 PM
from where Dublin??

-- Yea from Dublin. Fly out Saturday morning (arrive 9am), return Monday evening.

Mayo_Bhoy
04/06/2004, 7:44 PM
I'd advise staying around the latin Quarter. best value everything. I got a very good deal in this hotel at 27 euro a night PP friday to Monday , 14 of us booked in. basic but who cares

Cheers for that. Managed to book 27 of us in for weekend. Doesn't seem to be a bar there? :(

blobbyblob
06/06/2004, 6:31 PM
Anyone else getting the boat over and back. Ive been in touch with connolly station. Loads of train connections to Paris from Cherbourg but they are advising booking early. You can also get a group discount but their not sure how many people you need. You can book through eurolines at connolly station 1 month before the date you require.

Beavis
07/06/2004, 1:55 PM
Yeah were going on the Ferry which should eb great craic.Cheers for the info,must get booking shortly.

irwinsalegend
08/06/2004, 1:18 PM
Cheers for that. Managed to book 27 of us in for weekend. Doesn't seem to be a bar there

Mayo Bhoy, No there doesn't seem to be a bar in it,but there are plenty near by, you'll not go dry don't worry.

aidz1
08/06/2004, 1:57 PM
booked belfast - paris cdg about 7 weeks ago....342 euros for the 3 of us :D , friday - sunday.
think the prices have went up on those dates since, but if your flexible they are probably cheaper on alternative dates

petef
09/06/2004, 10:59 AM
Think were going to book the flights and worry about tickets later.