PDA

View Full Version : France (Away) Sat 9th Oct 04

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

petef
15/06/2004, 8:45 PM
Well 3 of us have booked flights here form Glasgow now for the quest for tickets. Keep praying!

Closed Account 2
25/06/2004, 3:43 PM
Living in London means it quite cheap for me...
managed Amsterdam for E70 return a week before the dutch friendly

Will probably go eurostar or if thats to pricey Eurolines coach (swanky I know)!! coach isnt a nice way to travel but its cheap, usually £18 return, and its not that long (about 5hrs London to Paris i think).

Also if ur under 26 and have an EU passport u can get big reductions on the eurostar, go to the RailEurope Office (its SNCF - French Rail owned) in London (nr Trocadero) and they'll sort it.

What are the chances of tickets ?? Im guessing slim to nil - im not a member of any clubs and the chances of any away tickets being sold to the general public by the FAI must be slim to nil... everyone will want to watch the France game. I might go anyway on the off chance of picking one up, but I dunno if I could afford more that say E50 for a ticket.

petef
25/06/2004, 9:36 PM
Well seeing as they've just got knocked out there may be a better chance of getting tickets, the french will no doubt lose interest.

gspain
28/06/2004, 11:01 AM
Tickets won't be a problem for this provided you don't mind being in the French end.

No idea yet if we'll get more than the 8,000 guaranteed under uEFA rules. If the French are smart they'll give us 15,000-20,000 easier to segregate. Otherwise they'll end up with 10,000 Irish fans scattered among the French.

France wdo not sellout every game and even those that do go on general public sale. check www.francebillet.com closer to the game.

gspain
28/06/2004, 11:17 AM
OK scrap last reply Billet France just do the rugby it seems

See http://www.fff.fr/billet/index.shtml

only France v Israel available now but this is the only way they will have of selling the Irish tickets.

The main message is stil lthe same this game will not sellout straight away so you just need to be on the ball when they go on sale.

Other options

1) A french colleague/friend living in Ireland/UK could ring and book tickets. No harm in ringing now in French enquiring about availability re Israel and then say I'll come home for the Ireland game instead......

2) Anyone with a French address can get them.

3) Extreme but follow the Munster rugby fans example and fly to France and buy them OTC when they go on sale. - Stade Francais sold 3,000 tickets for a game v Munster and had about 30 fans at it.

Details

Le samedi 4 septembre 2004 est programmé le match France-Israël au Stade de France. A l'occasion de cette rencontre des éliminatoires du Mondial 2006, vous pouvez dès aujourd'hui réservez vos billets pour supporter l'Equipe de France.

Vente en ligne

Location des places match France- Israël dans l’ensemble des réseaux suivants

Dans le réseau Ticketnet (Auchan, E-Leclerc, Galeries Lafayette, Virgin).

Dans le réseau France-Billet (Fnac, Carrefour, Printemps, Géant ).

Dans le réseau PSG Billetterie.

CE – Collectivités : 01 55 93 01 49

Via Internet : www.fff.fr (version anglaise)

Par téléphone : 0 892 695 892 (0,34 euro / mn).

Prix des places : 20 – 30 – 45 – 55 - 65 Euros.

rfkimble
30/06/2004, 4:10 PM
just registered with fff.fr and would have been able to buy tickets 4 israel even though i didnt go through with the transaction. i know it will be in the french end but think this will be the easiest way, dealing direct with fff rather than hoping the fai can sort us out

One Brian Kerr
01/07/2004, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know if the tickets brought from the french fa have to be sent to a french address or can they be sent to a irish/english address ?

gspain
09/07/2004, 3:06 PM
Despit eht ehuge numbers travelling still no shortage of hotels in Paris but then Paris is full of hotels.

For those on the Eurostar or those heading to Troyes you might want to consider the Best Western which is in Paris Est station. This is the station where the trains depart fro Troyes and arrive back afterwards obviously. It is also a few hundred yards from Gare du Nord where the Eurostar arrives. Just over €100 per night per room for a twin.

See

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d207569-Reviews-Best_Western_Hotel_Paris_Est-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Jon'o
09/07/2004, 6:00 PM
here.
http://www.rglhosting.com/fai/registrationsaway.htm

they are taking applications for tickets for this game e22 each

petef
11/07/2004, 4:02 PM
Is there any point doing the registration to be honest if your not a block booker?

Closed Account 2
12/07/2004, 12:53 AM
At the moment its just doing tickets for the games vs Bosnia (in Lorient) and vs Israel (at Stade de France)

http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/en/manif.asp?IdManif=64807&idtier=157039

It says on another page that tickets can be got at shops (réseau) like Auchan, E-Leclerc, Galeries Lafayette, Virgin, Fnac, Carrefour, most of these are big chains of supermarkets. Its not clear if you can get tickets at every branch or just Paris branches. It might be possible to get tickets in Calais. For the French-Israeli game can be got from Virgin in Dunkirk, which is worth bearing in mind if any of us British-based fans are likely to be doing a booze cruise (Dunkirk is c20 mins from the tunnel). (Here (http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/fr/manif.asp?IdManif=64807&idtier=157039) and then click on point de retrait, white letters in the top right of screen)

Also there is an email address (serviceclients@ticketnet.fr), is it worth asking them if we can buy a batch of tickets for the Ireland end seperately (from the FAI) as a group ? Does anyone know enough French to do this ? I dunno if they would do this outside of the FAI anyway... maybe if we could get about 20 or more people they might consider it.

petef
12/07/2004, 9:09 AM
Has anyone bothered trying to apply on the FAI site, I dont want to risk it as I can just see it now, being left without any tickets come mid September, was thinking of just ordering for the French end.

Duncan Gardner
12/07/2004, 9:49 AM
I like the idea of France playing Bosnia at L'Orient. Have they rebuilt the north Terrace yet?

mackenda
12/07/2004, 2:26 PM
Hey Guys,

Been reading your Posts, So in brief what is the Best Alternative to the FAi and Package deals for Tickets ?

gspain
12/07/2004, 3:20 PM
Hey Guys,

Been reading your Posts, So in brief what is the Best Alternative to the FAi and Package deals for Tickets ?

Tickets will be available via the web and in stores in France - may be limited to French residents - just watch this board.

It is still worth applying to the F.A.I. - prior to Basel fans could get tickets for any away game whether you block booked or not. If the French/F.A.I. are smart they should offer 20,000+ tickets to the Irish fans - otherwise they'll still get them but spread around the ground.

The F.A.I. may not want to do this because

1) Impact their own corporate trips

2) Logistical nightmare of handling that many away tickets.

If so the french should sell tickets for an Irish section. I don't forsee any security problems but it would make life a lot easier for all concerned on the night if rival fans were in different sections.

I reckon we'll have 20,000+ easily in Paris and possibly up to 40,000.

Beavis
12/07/2004, 8:15 PM
Has anyone bothered trying to apply on the FAI site, I dont want to risk it as I can just see it now, being left without any tickets come mid September, was thinking of just ordering for the French end.
Try getting a block booking mate to order them.We're going with 2 Block bookers so hopefully be able to get 4 between them for the 2 games.Otherwise you could email following the application stating that your on the waiting least if you are,which might help.

For anyone interested in getting the ferry,Irish Ferries told me today that all special offer 5 day trips for €229 have been taken and the price is now €458 for the same trip. :(

SuperDub
12/07/2004, 10:28 PM
The FAI are now charging a handling fee of €2 per ticket if you purchase tickets from them :mad: They are as bad as ticketmaster. When have they ever done anything decent for real fans?. I have applied for tickets for the swiss/french games and they will make €14 out for basically passing tickets on disgusting.

Bring Back Mick
13/07/2004, 6:56 AM
The FAI are now charging a handling fee of €2 per ticket if you purchase tickets from them :mad: They are as bad as ticketmaster. When have they ever done anything decent for real fans?. I have applied for tickets for the swiss/french games and they will make €14 out for basically passing tickets on disgusting.

2 EUROS extra a ticket bet you won't be complaining if u get lucky with the allocation.....................................

gspain
13/07/2004, 8:16 AM
So GaryS,out of interest,is there an English version of the French F.F.site?Thanks...

I don't think so Davros - seems to be some English links but not an english full treanslation - remember a certain country believes we should all be speaking French anyway. :D Shouldn't be too hard to work out.

Still remember this one from Italy - "non sono Inglese Siamo Irlandese".

petef
13/07/2004, 2:57 PM
Application via FAI website waste of time or not?

GalwayFrancis
13/07/2004, 5:35 PM
thinking of chartering a flight from shannon to paris, staying one night or flighting straight home afterwards. cost bought 300eur each...anyone interested... need 150/200ppl to opperate this chater so.. write here quickly

Cosmo
14/07/2004, 8:13 AM
see my response in another thread to ye - check out www.germanwings.com - roundabout way to paris via cologne - 160 euro!!!

oconghc2
15/07/2004, 11:33 AM
plenty of hostels in paris

just looking to get idea of where most ppl will be - paris is a big feckin city, reckon down by eiffell tower/latin quarter will be reasonable

found a hostel there with bar, cheap booze (prob €5!) near eiffell tower. €22 p.night - 3 ducks it's called

aidz1
16/07/2004, 11:58 AM
game ko at 20:45 local
flights still available from belfast international, going that saturday at 13:00 (loads of time to make the game) for stg£45 (incl. tax) with easyjet...was cheaper yesterday
how you get back is another matter ;)

irwinsalegend
19/07/2004, 12:23 PM
plenty of hostels in paris

just looking to get idea of where most ppl will be - paris is a big feckin city, reckon down by eiffell tower/latin quarter will be reasonable

found a hostel there with bar, cheap booze (prob €5!) near eiffell tower. €22 p.night - 3 ducks it's called

Around the Eifel tower is a nice area but mot much happening at night. Latin Quarter may be better bet and also cheaper, that's where we've booked anyway.

blobbyblob
19/07/2004, 6:15 PM
So far we have:

Boat from Rosslare (irish ferries) and train from cherbourg to paris - 50 quid foot and 250 for car and 4 people. Prebook train from Connolly station eurorail dept(2.5 - 3hrs). Flights to London and Eurostar to Paris. Train is looking like about 30-40 quid sterling ew
Direct Flights - Getting fewer and dearer. Ryanair to Beavais(1 hour by train to paris) aint bad or Charleoi to Paris by train(about 2.5 hours)
A Couple of private charters plus what ever the tour operators put on.

Can everyone stick up what Arrondissement theyre staying in and we can find a base. Were in the 3rd just above the Halles. With 20,000 odd in town it shouldnt be too hard to find an irish crowd but sure anyway. Ive stuck up a map of the metro with the stadium and main train stations and pub highlighted
http://www.geocities.com/powertours2004/paris-metro.jpg
You might be better off downloading it and viewing it in MSPaint

blobbyblob
19/07/2004, 8:28 PM
that link is dead but will be ready soon

http://geocities.com/powertours2004/

oconghc2
19/07/2004, 10:37 PM
just booked flights - bit the bullet after months of arsin about.

ryanair, thursday night - back on the monday - might as well make a long weekend, get to the u21 maybe.

got it for 130 eur (not bad considering you go direct to paris)
, theyre gradually gettin more expensive everyday so rekon now is time to get crackin.

Jon'o
19/07/2004, 11:07 PM
has anyone booked hotels near the ground or staying more central?

Closed Account 2
19/07/2004, 11:36 PM
Probably gonna stay near Gare-du-Nord. Was there in 2002 when I was interrailing & theres loads of cheap hostels and hotels there - its not great but on the Metro, near the Eurostar and does the job. Also near Montmartre, u know that big church on the hill. Ideally I'll be able to find somewhere better but I might wait and see if Ive got tickets before I book anywhere. The Stadium's nice but is in a bit of dump (St.Denis isnt a nice place at all, I wouldnt stay there at all)... The only other really dodgy part of town is to the east, around Noisy-Le-Grand and Noisy-Le-Sec... theyre kind of halfway between Euro-Disney and the city center.

Near the Parc-des-Princes is nice btw. Anywhere around Notre Dame is nice too. For those going by plane, St. Denis is on the way from Charles De Gaulle to the City Center in terms of most bus routes. If your coming from Orly Airport then its different coz thats to the south of the city. The other thing to bear in mind is that Stade de France is on the RER (Pronounced "air-he-air"), which isnt the Metro, I think you have to buy different tickets and from what I remember getting the tickets was a right pain - one machine about 200 Parisians. Its also on different platforms to the metro and the signposting is pretty shoddy.

Leave yourself time (c.1hr to get from anywhere in the city center to the Stadium) and it will be fine.

petef
20/07/2004, 9:47 AM
Quite lucky in that were flying with BA for 138 quid each from Glasgow, mate has a cousin who lives near the ground so no accommodation to pay which is probably a relief conisidering the price of a drink, anyone up for joining us on the street? :)

irwinsalegend
20/07/2004, 12:49 PM
we're staying in the 6th Arrondissement in a cheap hotel, from the last time i was there this is a good area for a bit of nightlife and i went out to the ground for a tour and had no problems gettnig the Metro out.
i think any area will be full of Irish that weekend anyway.
bit of a pain that the match is not till 8.45.

http://www.excelsior-paris-hotel.com/English/location.htm

dublinred
20/07/2004, 1:13 PM
There are some good eurostar deals out now , circa £150 for retrun including 2 nights hotel going friday to sunday.

Paulie
20/07/2004, 1:44 PM
This is where we're staying. It's about €70 each a night for a single room. One of the lads in my group has been to Paris a number of times and says that he knows the area well....says it's a lively aul spot so that will do me nicely.

www.kyriad-paris-xviii-clignancourt.france-hotel-resa.com

John Boy
21/07/2004, 1:42 PM
Cna anyone help me with getting tickets for the France game in Paris !!!

Thanks
John

tiktok
21/07/2004, 1:44 PM
Cna anyone help me with getting tickets for the France game in Paris !!!

Thanks
John

There another thread on tickets to the French game, I'm sure there's a lot of info on this one too, why not try reading back through it ;)

blobbyblob
21/07/2004, 5:26 PM
Read :eek: this & ' Tickets for Paris' Thread,FFS!
;)

Some lazy boys out there :)

Fr. Murphy
22/07/2004, 5:31 PM
I see those robbing *******s euroteam are advertising tickets for the French match in Paris. If you fancy buying from the thieving ****s you’ll be looking to fork out between £150 - £250 sterling, which works out to be in and around €227 - €378 per ticket.

blobbyblob
22/07/2004, 6:11 PM
I see those robbing *******s euroteam are advertising tickets for the French match in Paris. If you fancy buying from the thieving ****s you’ll be looking to fork out between £150 - £250 sterling, which works out to be in and around €227 - €378 per ticket.

How do they manage that. Are they premium seats or just touts in disguise?

Pat O' Banton
22/07/2004, 6:22 PM
Leave yourself time (c.1hr to get from anywhere in the city center to the Stadium) and it will be fine.

Another point is, that there seems to be v. little around, a couple of vans outside the metro selling cans of lager and that is it. So if your thinking about getting up there early it may be worth thinking about bringing your own supplies.

blobbyblob
22/07/2004, 6:27 PM
Another point is, that there seems to be v. little around, a couple of vans outside the metro selling cans of lager and that is it. So if your thinking about getting up there early it may be worth thinking about bringing your own supplies.

Do they not sell beer inside the ground. Im compiling a list of pubs in Paris and around the ground. Right dose of Irish pubs in around the centre. McBrides or Oscar Wildes seem like the place to be during the day. Both a short walk from each other. Reasonable beer prices, 3 hour Happy hours and stay open til 4am

Pat O' Banton
22/07/2004, 6:52 PM
Do they not sell beer inside the ground. Im compiling a list of pubs in Paris and around the ground. Right dose of Irish pubs in around the centre. McBrides or Oscar Wildes seem like the place to be during the day. Both a short walk from each other. Reasonable beer prices, 3 hour Happy hours and stay open til 4am

Didn't actually look for one at half time. So unsure but as it doubles as a rugby stadium I would presume that they have the facilities for this.

The only bar I was in was just across from the Parc de Princes, can't remember the name but it was worth a look around for some of the memrobilia. About twenty minute (pretty much due south) walk from Eifel tower.

Irish bars tend to be a bit too packed so try not to stay for too long.

blobbyblob
22/07/2004, 7:28 PM

In retrospect Pat O' I've searched and searched but theres SFA between Clichy and Saint Denis (about 5k) so either get your fill and grab the metro or go knacker drinkin cans outside the stadium for the day if thats your bag

Jon'o
22/07/2004, 7:47 PM

are they not the same to**ers who stiched people up for the swiss game? promised tickets but didnt have any at all??? :mad:

blobbyblob
22/07/2004, 7:48 PM
wehay, I found one - My Goodness, Boulevard Anatole France, St Denis, 1km from the ground. I wouldnt say there will be anyone in there. :D :mad: :ball: :eek:

blobbyblob
22/07/2004, 7:50 PM
are they not the same to**ers who stiched people up for the swiss game? promised tickets but didnt have any at all??? :mad:

Ah Im sure they didnt mean it. Forgive and forget. Me bo^%4x. :mad:

Jon'o
22/07/2004, 7:55 PM
other ''cracker deals'' on www.euroteam.info

FA Cup final Millennium Stadium, Wales (United Kingdom} 21.05.2005 / price 790 / 1550 (GBP)

and

France vs Ireland Stade de France, Paris, France 09.10.2004 / price 150 / 250 (GBP)

funny that the fai wants e22

blobbyblob
22/07/2004, 7:58 PM
other ''cracker deals'' on www.euroteam.info

FA Cup final Millennium Stadium, Wales (United Kingdom} 21.05.2005 / price 790 / 1550 (GBP)

and

France vs Ireland Stade de France, Paris, France 09.10.2004 / price 150 / 250 (GBP)

funny that the fai wants e22

In fairness to them, postage costs 20 nicker

Jon'o
22/07/2004, 8:18 PM
sure the air cargo costs to send a ticket must be massive.... i read another section on that site which mentioned something about the reason for the high price is to cover admin and the increased re sale value..... surely thats ticket touting??

thought they should'nt be resold for more than face value?? :mad:

blobbyblob
22/07/2004, 8:25 PM
sure the air cargo costs to send a ticket must be massive.... i read another section on that site which mentioned something about the reason for the high price is to cover admin and the increased re sale value..... surely thats ticket touting??

thought they should'nt be resold for more than face value?? :mad:

Thats the thing you see. It is face value!!! 25 quid for the ticket. 20 quid for it to be personally delivered. 390 quid to pay for the phone calls to explain to you how there must be some kind of mistake and to make it look like they are really getting the tickets to you on time, and for the after match excuses why they didnt get there. 5 quid for apology letters and stamps.

200 quid profit