PDA

View Full Version : Switzerland (Away) Wed 8th Sep 04

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

IsMiseSean
24/08/2004, 10:25 PM
I want to bring a flag and hang it up somewhere, but if I'm in the swiss will I be able to hang it up with out any hassle from the stewarts?
and
Does it take long for tickets to arrive from ticketcorner?

ddelaney
25/08/2004, 6:04 AM
I've got four tickets from the FAI allocation for the match in Basle but I've left it a little too late to sort out my travel arrangements etc so unfortunately I'm not going to be needing them now.

If anyone out there wants them they can have them for the face value no probs. Shame to see them go to waste.

slow2anger
25/08/2004, 7:44 AM
Mainly because the FAI,Belatedly decided to give all RISSC members a ticket who applied :mad: ......after many had made alternative arrangements!Dav, you are never happy are you?!!

roboyle
25/08/2004, 9:08 AM
Exactly. You can't change to another train. It might however be a different train on September 9, I don't know how often that changes (probably not that often). You will have to check on September 7.

If you're sure you want to travel at 11.24, Click&Rail is an excellent option. Just read the FAQ carefully!

Thanks for clearing that up... if I couldn't get an early train down I'd probably bypass Geneva and stay on the train til the airport - sure I can't duty free shop all I want then!! :D

Paulie
25/08/2004, 9:18 AM
As a exited fan getting prepared to go to this game I was wondering if anyone knows what the price of beer is.

I need to see how much beer money to bring because im going on the wed and not coming back til the saturday.

As far as I remember the beer is between 5 and 7 or 8 euros. Due to over indulgence last time around I can't be more specific I'm afraid.

NeilMcD
25/08/2004, 9:26 AM
Shop around for Beers cause I was in a place there that sold beers for 3 euro for a pint and they gave us free pizza too, its across teh road from the train statino to the left as you come out. Good buzz there too before the match as well and much cheaper than the irish bar.

roboyle
25/08/2004, 10:44 AM
As far as I remember the beer was alot more expensive in the bars where the Irish fans were expected to congregate (outside that Irish bar in the marque in particular)...

Irish Manc
25/08/2004, 11:37 AM
Coud someone please indicate how much beer will cost in swiss francs.

Everyone seems to be stating euro's, I know I could convert but just wondering what the prices were last time we played them.

Also is anyone staying in the Baslertor Swiss Q Hotel Basel because thats where were staying anyway. Does anyone know if this is near the stadium?

Paulie
25/08/2004, 12:16 PM
I sent the Mosaic crowd an email to see if the tickets are guaranteed. Here is the response I got:

Following your e-mail, be sure that the tickets are guaranteed. We order quota of tickets directly from the producers, before we put on sale. Once the number of tickets we have reserved is running out we stop the sale or we order another quota of tickets according to the availability. That’s why we cannot make over booking.

Regarding your request for the Event-Pas, this is an envelop which contains your tickets and the practical information to get to the match venue.

We remain at your disposition for any further information,

Best regards,

Customer Service

Mosaïco Diffusion - Mosaico World - Mosaico Difusión

48, Bvd de Picpus - 75012 Paris - France

Tel: +33 (0)1 43 41 49 51

After euroteam last year I'm still dubious but it sounds promising.

NeilMcD
25/08/2004, 12:23 PM
Last week, there were loads of people on this site giving out that they coudl not get a ticket for the swiss match and giving out about the FAI etc. However I have put up a post about spare tickets for face value for the Irish end and the Swiss end and nobody is interested in buying them. Where have all the people who were given out gone. Obviously they have got tickets somehow, so were they just letting of steam for the fun of it or was it just hopping on the anti FAI bandwagon for the sake of it.

weewan
25/08/2004, 2:08 PM
cheers for the info

is there only one train this click& rail applies to as , dont get into dusseldorf till ten am on tuesday and click rali train is listed at 8am?

gspain
25/08/2004, 2:59 PM
anyone know the handiest (and cheapest ) route from dusseldorf to basel

Looks like I'm on the same flight EI 692 arr 10.05 in Dusseldorf.

I've already booked the train at a cost of €148 return - pretty steep - it was a lot cheaper (half that I think) last year from Frankfurt but that was a weekend trip. Train leaves at 11.08 -arr 15.46 - booked before I knew about clickrail but hoping to use that now to get to Berne for the U21 game.

BTW I tried flights from Dusseldorf to Basle and they are crazy. I booked Dusseldorf as I has 4,000 tab points left and had a free flight but Frnkfurt, Zurich and Geneva were 5,000+ - would have been cheaper in the end to have bought a flight.

slow2anger
25/08/2004, 3:08 PM
Given the agg.,last time round & this for the Swiss game......you wish the FAI would be a lot Quicker in deciding who's got the tickets......Dont see why Irish fans should have to buy double tickets to get in.......sadly I feel the BB's & the RISSC are tainted by their association with the FAI.....even if they are the 'official'channel....... :rolleyes: :eek:
I agree with you of course. Got 2 for each section myself now too!! Rekon the stadium is going to be half empty.

Volltreffer
25/08/2004, 3:09 PM
is there only one train this click& rail applies to as , dont get into dusseldorf till ten am on tuesday and click rali train is listed at 8am?
Yes, unfortunately there's only that one.

slow2anger
25/08/2004, 3:12 PM
As a exited fan getting prepared to go to this game I was wondering if anyone knows what the price of beer is.

I need to see how much beer money to bring because im going on the wed and not coming back til the saturday.
If you want to save some money, go over the boarder to Lorrach (about 10 mins by train/tram from Basel's German train station). Beer about 2 Euro. Good city centre, quite a few bars in a small area.

wallis
26/08/2004, 9:29 AM
I have two tickets for the Swiss game , they are in the Swiss end in D5 (which looks like being the Irish end as thats where all the ticketcorner allocation is!) They are going for face value and postage which is a total cost of £38 or 56 Euro.

Email me on walls_keith@hotmail.com or call me on 0044 7810 751294

sylvo
26/08/2004, 10:21 AM
As far as I remember the beer was alot more expensive in the bars where the Irish fans were expected to congregate (outside that Irish bar in the marque in particular)...

All along where that Paddy Reilly's was, was a bit of a rip off, we went up past the main square were there was load's of little bar's and the beer was fairly cheap, and there was still load's of Ireland fan's around there, will be doing the same again this time.

sylvo
26/08/2004, 10:27 AM
Shop around for Beers cause I was in a place there that sold beers for 3 euro for a pint and they gave us free pizza too, its across teh road from the train statino to the left as you come out. Good buzz there too before the match as well and much cheaper than the irish bar.

I know the place yer mean, we christened it the Italian bar, was in there after the game having a staring competion with my pint. :(

Feech
26/08/2004, 10:40 AM
Beer in Swiss Francs ranges from about 5 (local bars) to 8 or 9 (wayhey, welcome to the Paddywhackery Bar).

Cheapest option is still to get cans for under 2 francs from a kiosk.

Stands opposite stadium usually sell cans for 5 Francs.

Steve.M
26/08/2004, 10:40 AM
I am living in Zürich for the past 2 years and I can just give you a low down on some prices if you are worried or want to see how much to bring...

A pint of Larger/ Guinness will cost you the guts of CHF8.50 (In Zürich)

YOu can drink the local stuff Feldschlossen or Hürlimann for about CHF 7.60

These prices are in Swiss Francs so the conversion is about 1.5 or less but not sure..

The bars in Zürich if most people are staying there to head for will be

The Nelsons (Engligh bar but was turned into Irish bar last year for match, near the Bahnhof/Train station)
The Big Ben (Scottish bar in the Niederdorf)
The Oliver Twist (A mix of everything in Niederdorf)

The Nelsons is pretty handy staying open until you have stopped drinking, The Twist and the Ben are good for a laugh too...

The train from Zürich to basel will cost around CHF 60 return, which is abotu 40euros...

The drink prices will be pretty much the same in Basel especially match time..

The supermarket will sell you dirt cheap beer if you want some for the train or before you go out..Keep away from the "Kisoks" as they rip you off but go to the "Coop" shop and you will find what you are lookin for

Hope this helps a bit......

Feech
26/08/2004, 10:48 AM
hi Steve M.,

I'm also in Zürich - have to disagree with you about kiosks. Some might bump up the price a bit - to still half of what you pay in an "Irish" bar - but at the game last year for example, I was drinking cans for 1.50 from the kiosk near the train station.

Co-op is also a good tip though.

Don't bother with Migros supermarkets - they don't sell alcohol!!!

Peadar
26/08/2004, 10:50 AM
A pint of Larger/ Guinness will cost you the guts of CHF8.50 (In Zürich)

YOu can drink the local stuff Feldschlossen or Hürlimann for about CHF 7.60

These prices are in Swiss Francs so the conversion is about 1.5 or less but not sure..

CHF1 is roughly €0.65

NeilMcD
26/08/2004, 10:53 AM
I must say i was happy with that pizza bar, or as it is now called the italian, bar. I started a great sing song there before the game too, hence the free pizzas fro everybody. It was a nice touch and added to that the price of beer which was in the 3 euro mark, certainly no more than 3.5 for a pint. Full of Irish but not in a tacky way that sometimes the Irish bars are.

Peadar
26/08/2004, 11:16 AM
I must say i was happy with that pizza bar, or as it is now called the italian, bar.

Sounds like the job alright.
The Italians are great for a bit of craic before the football.
Had a brilliant night in an Italian restaurant the night of the 2003 CL final.

lopez
26/08/2004, 12:36 PM
Don't bother with Migros supermarkets - they don't sell alcohol!!!Calvinism gone mad! :D

Cosmo
26/08/2004, 12:43 PM
I'm flying out on the monday morning and will be there til thursday evening.

We're planning on getting a rake load of drink in the duty free in london and drinking on the street for the craic.

what was the story last time in switzerland?? Did everyone drink on the street in a main square or something rather than the pub???

Btw ill be in basle.

And also as said in another thread ive a couple (2 at least, maybe 4) of spare tickets for the irish section if anyones interested - face value, 22 yoyos each

Fr. Murphy
26/08/2004, 12:52 PM
when we got into basle on the saturday of the match everybody was strolling the streets with cans, bottles, pints and there was no hassle from the swiss public or guards.

Neil
26/08/2004, 12:58 PM
What time is kick off local time?

Peadar
26/08/2004, 1:00 PM
What time is kick off local time?

20:30 as confirmed by the UEFA Website (http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/WorldCup/FixturesResults/Round=1915/Match=75270/index.html)

Hobbes
26/08/2004, 1:40 PM
Hello Folks

The English bar near the Irish bar is cheap for drink and they have some Irish staff, bar is a bit of a kip though.

Paddies is not the best, expensive and bad staff....On Barfusserplatz (the main square) there is a new co op store (bit like spar) and it stays open until 10pm booze is cheapish there
Swiss cops are either really decent or the other half very racist, thick and stupid. In my experience there are just the extremes....

Food is expensive in Switzerland, hotels are much cheaper in St Louis(france) Lorrach, weil am rhein(Germany). These towns are close to the border.
Most of the Swiss like the Irish and one should have a good time.

Train service is brillant here, maybe pricey but well worth it.

I also have tickets for sale :rolleyes:
C

sylvo
26/08/2004, 2:22 PM
[QUOTE=NeilMcD]I must say i was happy with that pizza bar, or as it is now called the italian, bar.

Hey I was happy with it too, and the pizza's were the biz, and it were'nt pricey but I was in there after the game so it was'nt quite rocking as it might have been before the game, but nice place it was though.

Steve.M
26/08/2004, 5:03 PM
Here is the web address of a place to stay in Zürich if anyone is interested. It is well cheap compared to other places and they do a good slap up of food too. Its also right in the centre of everything....

http://www.ziczac.ch/rockhotel/index.html

Cosmo
27/08/2004, 9:34 AM
Getting Swiss Francs - what the story with that?? I presume you cant get them in the banks in dublin cos of the strike or has anyone know any different??

Anyone know if you'll get ripped off changing the yoyos at the airport or in Switzerland??

roboyle
27/08/2004, 1:42 PM
Getting Swiss Francs - what the story with that?? I presume you cant get them in the banks in dublin cos of the strike or has anyone know any different??

Anyone know if you'll get ripped off changing the yoyos at the airport or in Switzerland??

Getting Swiss Francs is absolutely straightforward - rule of thumb CHF 1.5 = E 1. If you can get rope a student into ordering them off AIB they won't be charged commission! :)

Jon'o
27/08/2004, 7:25 PM
Just got this email.... :rolleyes:

FAIreland Ticket Office

Ireland v Switzerland lottery for extra tickets

Dear Jonathan,

A limited number of tickets have today become available for the forthcoming
Switzerland away fixture on 8th September 2004. We intend to hold a lottery
for these tickets. As a pre-registration applicant we are offering you the
opportunity to take part in this lottery where, if successful, you will
receive two tickets to the game.

If you wish to have your name included please indicate so by return email by
5pm Monday 30th August 2004. All applicants will be notified by 5 pm on
Tuesday 31st August 2004.

Tickets are priced at ?22.00 and credit cards will be debited once the
lottery has taken place.

FAIreland Ticket Office

Bless em.... so ive gone from booking a ticket through ticketcorner for the swiss end, just incase my original application for tickets through the FAI came to nothing.... To being told by the FAI that only block bookers were getting tickets and being quite glad that i had a ticket in the swiss end..... To now be told that some additional tickets have become available. :D

From that im thinking... and this might be way off the mark but... The swiss FA have realised that a lot of irish have booked through ticketcorner and they have just put the FAI allocation and where the marjority of tickets have been booked to people outside of switzerland together...hence additional tickets for the FAI??

oh well might be wrong... but im going :D and it seems that there will be some spare tickets too

IsMiseSean
27/08/2004, 10:09 PM
I got the same e-mail.

PaulB
29/08/2004, 8:01 AM
I have 2 tickets available for the irish end, if anyone is interested. PM me if you are looking for a ticket..

Cosmo
29/08/2004, 10:38 AM
Quick question - does anyone know if there is a bar in the stadium??

dave442
29/08/2004, 9:19 PM
4 spares available for Irish end @ face value. PM me if interested. Cheers

PaulB
30/08/2004, 7:21 AM
Quick question - does anyone know if there is a bar in the stadium??

Yes, there is a bar in the stadium.

shane123
30/08/2004, 9:01 AM
Anyone receive their tickets from the FAI yet for next Wednesday.

roboyle
30/08/2004, 9:09 AM
Yup, pink flight-style tickets arrived this morning, think I'm in section B5... :cool:

macdermesser
30/08/2004, 9:31 AM
Yes, there is a bar in the stadium.

Last time they were only serving non-alcholic beer :eek:

Steve.M
30/08/2004, 11:45 AM
Last time they were only serving non-alcholic beer :eek:

Yeah thats right and it will be the same again...They serve beer but non-alcholic, and they dont exactly advertise that fact. So you have bought about 2 or 3 before the penny drops!!!

Plenty of time to get tanked up before and after anyway....

PaulB
31/08/2004, 6:58 AM
Anybody know ehere i can book/price train tickets in advance from Zurich to Basel?

Belive its a rip off, so want to see if i can get any deals in advance..

KCFC Bohs
31/08/2004, 8:10 AM
Anybody know ehere i can book/price train tickets in advance from Zurich to Basel?

Belive its a rip off, so want to see if i can get any deals in advance..
Try Swiss Rail at http://www.rail.ch/index_e.htm

JohnN
31/08/2004, 8:43 AM
When on http://www.rail.ch/index_e.htm go to the section called Click and rail. Here you can buy tickets online for a fraction of the price but you can only purchase 2 days before you intend to use the ticket. Just follow the instructions. did it last year travelling from Geneva to Basel and it worked fine.

PaulB
31/08/2004, 8:57 AM
When on http://www.rail.ch/index_e.htm go to the section called Click and rail. Here you can buy tickets online for a fraction of the price but you can only purchase 2 days before you intend to use the ticket. Just follow the instructions. did it last year travelling from Geneva to Basel and it worked fine.

Thanks JohnN, looks like you can't go from Zurich to Basel though..

Paulie
31/08/2004, 9:19 AM
Got my tickets from the FAI yesterday....am in block B3.

Irish Manc
31/08/2004, 5:29 PM
I have 2 spare tickets for the Switz game (Swiss end) if anyone wants them for face value.

I have just received an email from the FAI telling me im successful in the lottery ballot that was held.

Im at the game against cyprus on saturday if anyone would want to buy them from me then.

Let me know at kmcphillips@yahoo.co.uk and i'll get back to you asap.