PDA

View Full Version : Switzerland (Away) Wed 8th Sep 04

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

lopez
30/07/2004, 2:06 PM
It looks after all that Ticketcorner is not selling the package over the internet. You will have to call (+41 900 800 800). From Switzerland it costs CHF 1.19 per minute. They say waiting time will be 15 to 20 minutes.Rang them at 9 am CET this morning after finding no link on the site and was told to call back at ten. Managed to wait just 5 mins before speaking to an operator. I was a bit worried as she couldn't give me a ref. number although she was happy to give me her name and promised to ring back in a couple of minutes with it when her computer got it. Anyway, she kept her promise. I do love Swiss efficiency. Now for the cr*p postal service of the German Lady to deliver them to me. :rolleyes:

Jon'o
31/07/2004, 8:47 AM
Rang them at 9 am CET this morning after finding no link on the site and was told to call back at ten. Managed to wait just 5 mins before speaking to an operator. I was a bit worried as she couldn't give me a ref. number although she was happy to give me her name and promised to ring back in a couple of minutes with it when her computer got it. Anyway, she kept her promise. I do love Swiss efficiency. Now for the cr*p postal service of the German Lady to deliver them to me. :rolleyes:

so did you buy a ticket for the faroe islands too? planning to use it? :D

lopez
31/07/2004, 11:50 AM
so did you buy a ticket for the faroe islands too? planning to use it? :DThat's what I told her, but I don't intend using it. Still cheaper than Euroteam (CHF120 for two sets of tickets, works out at £30 to get into the Ireland game), so I'm happy. :D

Agadoo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree,
Agadoo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee,
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees,
Come and dance every night, sing with the hula melody.

I met a hula mistress somewhere in Waikiki,
Well, she was selling pineapple, playing ukulele,
And when I went to the girl, "Come on and teach me to sway,"
She laughed and whispered to me, "Yes, come tonight to the bay."

The lovely beach, in the sky the moon of Kauai,
Around calypso sarong we'll all be singing this song.

And down on the shore they gather romance,
She showed me much more, not only to dance.

The lovely beach, in the sky the moon of Kauai,
Around calypso sarong we'll all be singing this song.

Come and dance every night, sing with the hula melody. :D :D

Jon'o
31/07/2004, 6:32 PM
jeez the heat gets to some people in diffrent ways :D

i rang them this lunch time and did the same at least i know ive got a ticket even if it is surounded by people singing hop swiss for 90 mins :D

spare ticket for the faroes game anyone ???? going cheap / free :)

now to do the same for the france game when ever they go on sale

lopez
31/07/2004, 7:12 PM
jeez the heat gets to some people in diffrent ways :D It certainly does. I had no probs in the Swiss end last year, so I'm happy to be there. As you say, we've a ticket guaranteed.

IsMiseSean
02/08/2004, 10:40 PM
To be on the safe side, do you think I should buy tickets in the swiss end, am I likely to get tickets through the FAI?
I've got flights and a place to stay, so I want tickets badly, Its my first away game!

petef
03/08/2004, 7:53 AM
Rang them at 9 am CET this morning after finding no link on the site and was told to call back at ten. Managed to wait just 5 mins before speaking to an operator. I was a bit worried as she couldn't give me a ref. number although she was happy to give me her name and promised to ring back in a couple of minutes with it when her computer got it. Anyway, she kept her promise. I do love Swiss efficiency. Now for the cr*p postal service of the German Lady to deliver them to me. :rolleyes:

Is it just me or does that sound suspiciously like a con. No ref number, premium rate call....... :confused:

Volltreffer
03/08/2004, 12:16 PM
Ticketcorner is a serious firm.

I have no idea how much of a run there will be when they start selling the Ireland tickets separately. I just know that many Swiss fans are waiting for that moment.

lopez
03/08/2004, 1:37 PM
Is it just me or does that sound suspiciously like a con. No ref number, premium rate call....... :confused:I felt the same last year, so much I bought a ticket from Euroteam, which as you mey know never turned up. Tickets from Ticketcorner are cheap rate and were two - thirds the price of the tickets the FAI were selling for a ticket at the opposite end. Tickets were also sent to me by registered post.

Nothing is infallible but Davros's suggestion that they are touts is a little unfair.

Jon'o
03/08/2004, 2:28 PM
i brought my tickets from ticketcorner this year, seems ok the money has been taken from my account so i guess the tickets are on the way.

they seemed fine on the phone even put up with my rubbish german / french before i found out that they spoke english too :o :D

Volltreffer
03/08/2004, 3:10 PM
when do just the Ireland tickets go on sale,incidentally...time & date....,please?Thanks
On August 9, I don't know the exact time.

Volltreffer
03/08/2004, 3:13 PM
legitimised touts
This procedure was decided on by the Swiss Football Association, not by Ticketcorner.

lopez
03/08/2004, 4:35 PM
i brought my tickets from ticketcorner this year, seems ok the money has been taken from my account so i guess the tickets are on the way. they seemed fine on the phone even put up with my rubbish german / french before i found out that they spoke english too :o :DFirst question from me: Sprechen sie Englisch. Better understanding of the operator than my conversations with Sky (in Glasgow) and some other firm (BT??) that was moving to Bombay, but previously based in Newcastle. :D

Volltreffer
03/08/2004, 4:46 PM
The game is far from being sold out yet. The question is what will happen on Monday morning.

I'll probablly be able to tell you at what time they start selling tickets on Monday by Saturday afternoon. However, you can't rely on the internet, and if you have to spend 20 minutes waiting on the phone, you may just as well spend that money on a Switzerland-Faroe Islands ticket (CHF 22.40 in the cheapest category).

Jon'o
03/08/2004, 4:46 PM
the best line the lad on the phone said half way through the call was

''you will have to excuse my english, its not so good''

better than my german my friend .... and prob better than my english when ive had a few jars :D :D

Jon'o
04/08/2004, 6:51 PM
how long are the people who are going to this game staying for?

im going out on the wednesday and comming back on friday, (would have taken in the u21 game but my new boss is a pain in the @rse and i was lucky to get the time off for the game at all)

Fr. Murphy
04/08/2004, 8:33 PM
Heading out on the tues coming back on the friday staying in Basle. My boss was very pleased with me taking just about the week off as well.

IsMiseSean
04/08/2004, 10:35 PM
I'm flying to Zurich on tuesday and flying back on Saturday and staying in basel

Paulie
05/08/2004, 8:29 AM
Arriving on Tuesday, going home on Friday, staying in Basel.

only1kilbane
05/08/2004, 9:10 AM
10 of us heading out on the monday flying dublin stansted basel and then back on the thursday staying in basel

lopez
05/08/2004, 10:45 AM
Tickets arrived today. :D :D :D And the cost per person was about £32 for both games. Can't argue with that.

Volltreffer, I know the Faroe tickets will be hard to get rid of but if you don't know any takers is there a decent charity in Basel I could send them to. Don't want to be a patronising foreigner here, but seems a pity to waste them totally.

Feech
05/08/2004, 12:29 PM
try info@caritas.ch

to be honest, I can't see anyone getting too excited about those tickets.

why not try flogging them on ebay.ch and giving the proceeds to charity?

lopez
05/08/2004, 1:22 PM
try info@caritas.ch

to be honest, I can't see anyone getting too excited about those tickets.

why not try flogging them on ebay.ch and giving the proceeds to charity?Thanks for the suggestions.

Jon'o
05/08/2004, 4:56 PM
my tickets arrived today too!! ordered on saturday and came today by recorded delivery... if only royal mail could be so quick.

lopez - could you let me know what you do with the ticket for the faroe game please i'll do the same, dont mind where they go as long as they dont go to waste

Volltreffer
05/08/2004, 5:55 PM
If you don't know what to do with them you can send them to me (if you trust me to do something reasonable with them). It should be possible to sell at least part of them for a reasonable price and to give the money to some charity. (But first I'll have to sell my own spare tickets ...)

lopez
06/08/2004, 10:17 AM
I'm seeing my comrade for the Swiss game tonight. I like the idea V. Although Switzerland is one of the richest places in the world it's not short on charitys and NGOs. Red Cross is the most prominent, although I've always been a fan of Medicins sans frontieres (correct spelling?) myself, although I think they are French?

Volltreffer
06/08/2004, 10:44 AM
Médecins sans frontières are doing a great job all over the world. They are usually the last to leave when thing get unbearable.

lopez
06/08/2004, 11:39 AM
Médecins sans frontières are doing a great job all over the world. They are usually the last to leave when thing get unbearable.I know someone like that in a green Boston Celtics jacket who does the same thing. :D ;)

Volltreffer
08/08/2004, 9:02 PM
That aside,please let me know your ontime sale time,as not obvious from TC's website....Thanks.
Sorry, I completely forgot to ask on Saturday, I was so preoccupied with getting my tickets for the FC Basel CL qualification game. For the package it was 10 o'clock, but they start work at 8.

I've asked the question of the FC Basel message board. If I get an answer there, I'll post it in the early morning. Otherwise call Ticketcorner around 8 o'clock and post the result here. (I'm not expecting Ticketcorner to answer my E-mail quickly enough.)

Volltreffer
08/08/2004, 9:06 PM
I just got an answer on the FC Basel message board saying it will be 9 o'clock.

Edit: Someone else says it's at 8 already (Swiss time!).

Jon'o
09/08/2004, 10:00 AM
did you get your ticket ok davros?

macdermesser
11/08/2004, 6:44 AM
http://www.ticketcorner.com/eventstore/control/requestcard?leistid=1122&typ=TS&sysid=500&mand=1293

Like a few others here .. I didn't take any chances, and bought tickets for the Faroes Islands package. Seems though .. it was all in vain .. and some of those who turned out for the crunch match last October, don't see this one as being important .. not that I'm complaining.

I'm starting to think if I am lucky enough to get tickets in the Irish end, I won't be able to get rid of the tickets in the swiss end. And as for the faroe island tickets .... :rolleyes:

stickyjoe
11/08/2004, 9:53 AM
just got my tickets myself on that website. dead handy it is. just booked them online instead of having to ring.....looks like we could well be outnumbering the swiss :D :D

NeilMcD
11/08/2004, 10:42 AM
Just ordered my tickets too, on that site, how long does it take for them to arrive, I hope i get tickets for the Irish end too, I wonder how hard it will be to get rid of any spare tickets. Cant wait for this one, I am actually going to this game on my own as a few of the lads are saving there money for france. Kinda looking forward to going on my own and getting some Heidi

stickyjoe
11/08/2004, 11:42 AM
not sure how long it takes for them to be posted. i`m not great at french or german or whatever language the website was in so i don`t know what it was saying :D

Volltreffer
11/08/2004, 12:36 PM
I wonder how hard it will be to get rid of any spare tickets.
It might be easier than you think.

If you can't sell them to an Irish fan, go to the ticket forum on www.fcbforum.ch and offer them there. Because the typical Basel fans will keep telling you how little they care about the national team, but once they fully realise there won't be a Swiss league game between August 28 and September 11, they'll start panicking and try to get tickets after all.

NeilMcD
11/08/2004, 1:46 PM
Voltreffer, you dont know of any young swiss ladies that I could take to the match and keep me company for a few days ha ha !!!

Hobbes
11/08/2004, 1:57 PM
Hello,

There are still some tickets left for the game.
I have five and will sell them but I would like to cover their costs and the costs of the faroe island tickets that I had to buy as well. I was given 15 by mistake, please do not ask

Hobbes

NeilMcD
11/08/2004, 4:08 PM
Lads just on to the FAI website, 4,000 tickets were applied for, for the irish section, and the FAI have been allocated 3,000 tickets. That means there will be 1,000 unlucky people but i am sure they can pick them up for the swiss end. There will not be a problem gettin in despite, what the fai or others say. I walked in the last time with ireland jersey scarf and flag the last time to the swiss end.

slow2anger
11/08/2004, 4:20 PM
Lads just on to the FAI website, 4,000 tickets were applied for, for the irish section, and the FAI have been allocated 3,000 tickets.
Do you rekon that includes the corporate junkets?

NeilMcD
11/08/2004, 4:22 PM
Nah i doubt it does, but to be honest it does not seem as glamorous as the last time. I just find it mad that there are 19,000 less tickets applied for , for this match than the french game. Arguably this is more important. but i suppose a weekend in paris etc, is better than midweek trip to basel.

slow2anger
11/08/2004, 4:30 PM
Nah i doubt it does, but to be honest it does not seem as glamorous as the last time. I just find it mad that there are 19,000 less tickets applied for , for this match than the french game. Arguably this is more important. but i suppose a weekend in paris etc, is better than midweek trip to basel.
Has to be because so many fans got stung last year.

IsMiseSean
11/08/2004, 10:07 PM
Can anyone help me out ordering tickets from ticketcorner, I can't speak a word of french of german

NPA/Lieu:

Votre adresse de livraison

Adresse de livraison et de client sont identiques
J'aimerais enregistrer une autre adresse de livraison. Merci de bien vouloir m'envoyer les billets à :

Can anyone translate?

I wish I paid attention in french class when I was in school!

lopez
11/08/2004, 11:12 PM
Can anyone help me out ordering tickets from ticketcorner, I can't speak a word of french of german.I used this site last year. Yeah I paid attention to the rotweiller Scouse-Irish teacher in the first year but the pussy they sent in the next that let me down.

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Volltreffer
12/08/2004, 7:04 AM
Votre adresse de livraison

Adresse de livraison et de client sont identiques
J'aimerais enregistrer une autre adresse de livraison. Merci de bien vouloir m'envoyer les billets à :
Your delivery address
Delivery address and client address are identical
I would like to register a different delivery address. Please send the tickets to:

The Donie Forde
12/08/2004, 8:31 AM
Hi, Volltreffer.

Last year I was in the Swiss section at the same end as the Irish fans. It was great and there was plenty of friendly banter on the day. Next month I have a ticket for the Swiss section at the opposite end. Will there be any problems wearing green there? A Swiss friend is telling me they are hard core - don't know if he's joking or not.

Thanks!

Donie

Volltreffer
12/08/2004, 11:59 AM
Your friend is either joking or he doesn't have a clue.

I would definitely not recommend it for a Basel game, but you will be fine at Swiss games.

The biggest danger is the one of being crushed before entering the stadium because of stupid Swiss fans (not the Basel ones!) who don't know how to behave in a crowd. So you'd better be there early.

Feech
12/08/2004, 12:52 PM

I would definitely not recommend it for a Basel game, but you will be fine at Swiss games.

The biggest danger is the one of being crushed before entering the stadium because of stupid Swiss fans (not the Basel ones!) who don't know how to behave in a crowd. So you'd better be there early.

Yes, like the way the nice Basel fans attacked the FC Zürich bus last Friday! (congrats on last night though Volltreffer).

;)

The Donie Forde
12/08/2004, 12:56 PM

Thanks, Volltreffer, merci vilmal!

Donie

Volltreffer
12/08/2004, 1:34 PM
Yes, like the way the nice Basel fans attacked the FC Zürich bus last Friday! (congrats on last night though Volltreffer).
;)
I didn't say all Basel fans are nice. But they know how to queue. I've never experienced at a Basel game what I was in before the Ireland game. (By the way, the Zurich fans were such sweet things, throwing chairs at children and so on ... ;))