PDA

View Full Version : shelbourne match

Martinho II
06/08/2009, 10:57 AM
Dont know if anyone knows but on the longford leader website this weekend for those who cant make it they will be showing live coverage of da town shels game after the success of the local gaa coverage...

RonnieB
06/08/2009, 12:21 PM
live video coverage on their site?! Will be relying on some kind souls text updates as I am heading away for the weekend. Sadly I think my next home match will be well into September against Kildare :/

town73
07/08/2009, 12:54 AM
It's live text updates. Hopefully we'll have video interviews afterwards. Follow the link here: www.longfordleader.ie

Martinho II
07/08/2009, 6:29 PM
apologies town73 I didnt read the article properly. .best wishes in it...

town73
08/08/2009, 10:57 PM
Interview with gareth up on the site. (http://www.longfordleader.ie)

De Town
09/08/2009, 9:32 AM
Not a bad performance last night. After the first 20 minutes I thought it was just a matter of time until Shels scored and then went onto hammer us, because they were cutting through us at will. But then we came into the game a bit more, McCarthy had a header cleared off the line and Curran missed a sitter at the back post.

Obviously the game was over then as soon as they were 2-0 up and we were down to 10 men, but overall it was a more encouraging performance than last week. I thought UCD were a better team then Shels though, although Shels' experienced heads will probably help them on to win the league.

Martinho II
09/08/2009, 6:02 PM
I am too very disappointed with the outcome of last night as for spells we made it hard for them and should have scored twice.. thought Brian McCarthy did deserve to go..Aaron Shanahan was brill on his debut.. wonder can he play for us in the cup next week if danny o'leary isnt fit? Ash did he play for ye in the cup?

Longfordian
09/08/2009, 6:08 PM
He wasn't signed in time to be registered for the cup as far as I know. From what I can recall you have to be signed 14 days in advance.

Battery Rover
09/08/2009, 6:08 PM
Aaron Shanahan was brill on his debut.. wonder can he play for us in the cup next week

http://www.athlonetownfc.ie/?p=765

Battery Rover
09/08/2009, 6:09 PM
He wasn't signed in time to be registered for the cup as far as I know. From what I can recall you have to be signed 14 days in advance.

Yeah it is 14 days

atfconline
09/08/2009, 6:12 PM
No, McGuinness played against Kildare in the Cup.

Shanahan was at fault for at least two of the goals in our 2-3 loss to Monaghan in the last round of games (I missed the third). He didn't appear for us again after that.

Could probably feel a little hard done by, but really didn't do himself any favours in that game. Was trying to be too clever in trying to claim the ball with one hand in a crowded box. Dropped it and Mons score into an empty net. Second goal came miles out of his box to clear a ball, but never called for it and defender headed back into another empty net.

Martinho II
09/08/2009, 6:14 PM
thats a blow... I really hope that Danny O'Leary will play on Friday night I know he had a problem with his fingers which is why he couldnt play! otherwise philip coffeys son will have to get a game making it goalie no 6! at least ltfc are winnin the battle of the goalies with the nos of goalies playin compared to scumlone!!

Longfordian
09/08/2009, 6:16 PM
He was very assured in the main last night and against Atletico, also pulled off a couple of good one on one saves in both games. Gareth Cronin bawled him out of it for being too fancy with his throw out and giving it away at one point though. Overall though he was pretty impressive.

Battery Rover
09/08/2009, 6:24 PM
at least ltfc are winnin the battle of the goalies with the nos of goalies playin compared to scumlone!!

Dannys fingers always give trouble due to the amount of breaks and as for beating us in keepers you are welcome to that seeing as the majority of them are our cast offs.

Martinho II
09/08/2009, 6:40 PM
No, McGuinness played against Kildare in the Cup.

Shanahan was at fault for at least two of the goals in our 2-3 loss to Monaghan in the last round of games (I missed the third). He didn't appear for us again after that.

Could probably feel a little hard done by, but really didn't do himself any favours in that game. Was trying to be too clever in trying to claim the ball with one hand in a crowded box. Dropped it and Mons score into an empty net. Second goal came miles out of his box to clear a ball, but never called for it and defender headed back into another empty net.

to be honest atfconline the reason he sent the link also was the mention of the 14 day rule!

Martinho II
09/08/2009, 6:41 PM
[QUOTE=Battery Rover;1208710]Dannys fingers always give trouble due to the amount of breaks and as for beating us in keepers you are welcome to that seeing as the majority of them are our cast offs.[/QUOTE)

What clubs have Shanahan played for besides Athlone and Dundalk? Have you any details about him at all BR?

Battery Rover
09/08/2009, 7:05 PM
Date of birth: 20th April 1984
Place of brith: Drogheda
Former Clubs: Dundalk FC, Bangor Celtic, Malahide United, St Patricks Athletic, Athlone Town

Martinho II
10/08/2009, 6:28 PM
Date of birth: 20th April 1984
Place of brith: Drogheda
Former Clubs: Dundalk FC, Bangor Celtic, Malahide United, St Patricks Athletic, Athlone Town
didnt know shanahan was at pats...I assume that list isnt the clubs in chrnological order...

GlasnevinRed
10/08/2009, 7:02 PM
What was the story with the shels fans being kept in that one corner for the whole match?? Bit strange considering that we're usually able to mix freely without any trouble and that our singing support would've stayed over the far side anyway so wouldn't have been bothering anyone.

Martinho II
10/08/2009, 7:05 PM
What was the story with the shels fans being kept in that one corner for the whole match?? Bit strange considering that we're usually able to mix freely without any trouble and that our singing support would've stayed over the far side anyway so wouldn't have been bothering anyone.

to be honest glasnevin red with any of the big sides ie pats,shamrock rovers the away fans would be in that corner.. I am not defending the stewards but from their point of view they are not takin any risks considering what happened in flancare a year or so ago with a few of your fans..ie Abbeylara..

GlasnevinRed
10/08/2009, 7:10 PM
I've been down to Flancare a good 5 or 6 times now and there's never been segregation but that wasn't the real problem.

Moreso the fact that it was such a small area with one toilet for the lot of us. Could've been much better managed.

Tallanted
10/08/2009, 7:14 PM
Could possibly have somthin to do with the 1st batch of shels fans that showed up to the game on sat night had aload of drink with them and were in the old ticket hut. Id imagine it was just a precaution to avoid previous incidents with other clubs. Shels have never given any problems through the years

Longfordian
10/08/2009, 8:20 PM
Yeah Shels fans are usually grand, the last row I can remember with them was factions of their own support lumping each other!. They certainly didn't seem to give bother on Saturday but I was in just before kick off so if there was any incidents before that I missed them. Two toilets would have been a better idea alright for a couple of hundred fans, strictly speaking they're supposed to have access to food and a shop as well I think for proper segregation. We're not used to crowds these days unfortunately.

GlasnevinRed
10/08/2009, 8:41 PM
Yeah Shels fans are usually grand, the last row I can remember with them was factions of their own support lumping each other!. They certainly didn't seem to give bother on Saturday but I was in just before kick off so if there was any incidents before that I missed them. Two toilets would have been a better idea alright for a couple of hundred fans, strictly speaking they're supposed to have access to food and a shop as well I think for proper segregation. We're not used to crowds these days unfortunately.

There was a chipper which was good in fairness. I wonder what would've been done if it had started raining??

Not having a go here, just wondering if there was any plans in place for such an occurence or if segregation was a last minute decision (which is unlikely considering there was a chipper in place).

Longfordian
10/08/2009, 8:47 PM
It's hard to know what would have been done to be perfectly honest. We weren't exactly stuck for space in the stand and as ye were behaving perfectly well they may have brought ye across. Though other fans have been left to get wet, it would be unnecessarily harsh when there was no bother.

De Town
10/08/2009, 8:47 PM
I wonder what would've been done if it had started raining??

Feck all I'd say, let it píss down on ye was probably the plan.

GlasnevinRed
10/08/2009, 8:50 PM
Feck all I'd say, let it píss down on ye was probably the plan.

Quite sound:D

ATFC-1887
11/08/2009, 8:19 AM
It's hard to know what would have been done to be perfectly honest. We weren't exactly stuck for space in the stand and as ye were behaving perfectly well they may have brought ye across. Though other fans have been left to get wet, it would be unnecessarily harsh when there was no bother.

Drenched and still outsang section O :D :D :D

Martinho II
11/08/2009, 7:47 PM
Drenched and still outsang section O :D :D :D

I know our numbers are dwindling.. the lads that remain there are the hardcore.. we will come good again...

RonnieB
11/08/2009, 10:08 PM
Old age Marty we will soon be reaching for the zimmerframes... :)

Martinho II
13/08/2009, 7:14 PM
Old age Marty we will soon be reaching for the zimmerframes... :)

indeed ronnie my eyesight is failing badly hope that works in galways tomorrow nite!!:p