PDA

View Full Version : Pubs for after the match in Limerick

Paulie
05/08/2009, 11:12 AM
We’re staying the night of the match in Limerick City (Pery’s Best Western on the Glentworth Road). Can anyone suggest any decent bars in the city that stay open until 2 or so on a week night? A few people here were talking about the Ardhu Bar.…….Is this place an option for a late pint?

lionelhutz
06/08/2009, 3:47 PM
There's clohessy's bar on harvey's quay by the river - that stays open til after 2 and there's the sinbin niteclub connected to it. And then there's 3 late bars on denmark street - just off cruises street - Nancy's is probably the best one. Flannery's and Smyths are also there.

If you're looking for something a bit different - as in a bit of a s**t hole but a good craic - there's Costelloe's in Perry Square that stays open till late. It's just off Glentworth Street longside Taits clock.

Jofspring
06/08/2009, 4:01 PM
You've also got Mollys (can be a young crowd in there some nights though) which is a decent pub. I'd probably suggest Nancy's. It's busy most nights and plays great music. The Ardhu bar will be a good place to go before the match but on a week night the bar will be closed at 11:30. Smyths pub (Across from Nancys) will probably have a decent live band on till about 12:00ish and then you can head into their nightclub (the icon) if that interests you at all. Pretty much all the decent pubs in Limerick are within walking distance of each other which is a good thing.

Paulie
06/08/2009, 5:32 PM
That's good info lads. Thanks.

Greenforever
09/08/2009, 10:21 AM
What abiut a good pub for before the match, we're leaving Dublin about 1030, eta Limerick 1300....also may have a few spaces in minibus anyone interested, returning after match probably after closing....€40 pp,

Jofspring
09/08/2009, 6:15 PM
What abiut a good pub for before the match, we're leaving Dublin about 1030, eta Limerick 1300....also may have a few spaces in minibus anyone interested, returning after match probably after closing....€40 pp,

Check my post above. The ardhu bar should be a good place to go before the pub. That or the Shannon RFC and Bohs RFC clubhouse's at Thomond Park. Stay clear of Hassetts pub across from Thomond Park, i haven't been in it since it reopened but i heard it is a kip.

jbyrne
10/08/2009, 8:01 AM
well, limerick city is definately embracing this match. lots of flags are out on the bridges approaching the ground and on o'connell street. really are making a big effort so i just hope they get the good turn out they deserve. off topic i know but didnt want to start a new thread to say this

tetsujin1979
10/08/2009, 9:10 AM
Should be in the Ardhu after the game, I'll be the one in the Ireland jersey

paul_oshea
10/08/2009, 1:06 PM
ya the rest will be in munster jerseys ;)

The Scientist
11/08/2009, 11:17 AM
its leaving cert night on wednesday!! fun shall be had!!!:D:D

MeathDrog
12/08/2009, 1:33 AM
I'm here now staying in the Strand Hotel which is a 10 minute walk from Thomond. There will be a pre-match buffet and there is a decent bar here too.