PDA

View Full Version : Munster to face the English in Semis

NorthoftheLee
03/02/2004, 12:39 PM
If Munster overcome Stade de France they will play the winners of the Wasps/Gloucster game at home.....

At last home advantage in the semis....bout time too....

joeSoap
03/02/2004, 12:46 PM
Absolutely cracking draw....totally eliminates any chance of us playing English opposition at Twickenham should we get to the final.Seeing as the other semi will probably be between Toulouse and Llanelli, then I predict a Munster Heineken Cup victory at long last...with Christy Cullen and Seamus Williams doing some serious damage along the way!!:) :D

max power
03/02/2004, 12:57 PM
big word in that first post is "IF", love to see them do it, but its a very very big if..

tiktok
03/02/2004, 1:15 PM
they've come close so often, it's about time that the fixtures lined up in their favour

Peadar
03/02/2004, 1:24 PM
It was heartbreak in the two lost finals.
The crowd in Twickenham was fantastic.
Even though Northampton Saints had only to travel a few miles Munster out numbered them and completely out sung them.
The craic in The Stoop before hand was mighty.
Met people I hadn't seen in years.

Dodge
03/02/2004, 3:08 PM
That Semi will have to played in lansdowne (unless the GAA let the use one of their grounds)

ERC rules say that grounds for the Semi have to hold a minumum of 20,000

Neil
03/02/2004, 3:12 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
That Semi will have to played in lansdowne (unless the GAA let the use one of their grounds)

ERC rules say that grounds for the Semi have to hold a minumum of 20,000

Hows about temporary seating?
They played a World Cup game at Thomond before with about 20,,000 there...

Schumi
03/02/2004, 3:16 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Hows about temporary seating?
They played a World Cup game at Thomond before with about 20,,000 there... The game has to be at a 'neutral' venue so it can't be at one of their designated 'home' grounds which would be Thomond and Musgrave.

Macy
03/02/2004, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
The game has to be at a 'neutral' venue so it can't be at one of their designated 'home' grounds which would be Thomond and Musgrave.
And also 50 miles from their "home" ground I think...

max power
03/02/2004, 3:21 PM
for once Rovers would be at an advantage if they were a rugby team.......

Shed End John
03/02/2004, 4:17 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
If Munster overcome Stade de France they will play the winners of the Wasps/Gloucster game at home.....

At last home advantage in the semis....bout time too....

Didn't take long for this thread to spring up, now did it? I was in Stats class 2 hours ago when the brother texted me the draw. Nearly let some roar. Great to get a home semi. Lansdowne should be jammers with a cracking atmosphere if we make it.
Agree with the sentiment, bout time some luck came our way.

pete
03/02/2004, 4:20 PM
Nice draw for Munster. I think they get fired up more for the Games against English opposition.

They have to be very short odds to make the final now with essentially 2 home draws. Would predict big crowd if semi in Landsdowne.

Shed End John
03/02/2004, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by pete
They have to be very short odds to make the final now with essentially 2 home draws. Would predict big crowd if semi in Landsdowne.

Be a full house in Lansdowne no doubt about it. I'd be confident about making the Final, but not overly so. The two teams we have to beat are the two most likely to win it other than ourselves. Btw, I've got a spare ticket for the Stade Francais match.:D :D

liam88
03/02/2004, 5:29 PM
What is the date/time/channel of our next match?
Cheers,
Liam

pete
03/02/2004, 5:39 PM
1/4 Final 10/11 April i think.

As long as game played in Ireland RTE will have the rights i presume.

After criticising Skys rugby commentary the previous week then realised how truelly dire Jim Sheridan is on RTE.

:eek: