PDA

View Full Version : Ways to help Cork?

Pages : [1] 2 3

sonofstan
28/07/2009, 10:40 AM
I'm starting this as a new thread, but if mods feel it belongs in either of the other CCFC threads, feel free to move it.

The question is this: I'm sure there are many in the wider LoI 'community' (outside north Louth, maybe) who would like to be able to do something small to help out.

I've thought about buying a ticket for TC on Friday, even though I'll be in United Park, but I wonder if this will be any use, or if it will just disappear into Tom Coughlin's pocket? or worse, if the game sells out would i be keeping someone from getting in? Would I be better off making a donation to FORAS?

I'd appreciate if Cork fans could let me know....

Mr A
28/07/2009, 10:47 AM
Definitely better to give your money to FORAS. Giving it to Tom Coughlan is worse than a waste at this stage.

MariborKev
28/07/2009, 10:51 AM
Yep, give your money to FORAS.

John83
28/07/2009, 10:52 AM
Any money put into the club will wind up going to the Revenue when the club is liquidated. Donate to FORAS if you must do something.

pól-dcfc
28/07/2009, 10:53 AM
Bring TC to the vet and have him humanely put down.

pineapple stu
28/07/2009, 10:54 AM
Why humanely?

luka
28/07/2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.96fm.ie/

Been talking about it there all morning

pól-dcfc
28/07/2009, 10:55 AM
Why humanely?

We're all decent people here Stu. I'm against cruelty, even to dogs like him.

pól-dcfc
28/07/2009, 10:56 AM
http://www.96fm.ie/

Been talking about it there all morning

AARRRGGGGHHHH!!! Feckin Langers on me speakers!!!!

eelmonster
28/07/2009, 10:59 AM
I'm starting this as a new thread, but if mods feel it belongs in either of the other CCFC threads, feel free to move it.

The question is this: I'm sure there are many in the wider LoI 'community' (outside north Louth, maybe) who would like to be able to do something small to help out.

I've thought about buying a ticket for TC on Friday, even though I'll be in United Park, but I wonder if this will be any use, or if it will just disappear into Tom Coughlin's pocket? or worse, if the game sells out would i be keeping someone from getting in? Would I be better off making a donation to FORAS?

It would be much easier to take your altruistism seriously without the unnecessary dig at 'North Louth', there's plenty of sniping coming from North Dublin, north innercity Dublin, South Waterford, East Cobh and so on. For the record, when Drogheda United, our Southern Louth rivals, were in serious financial difficulties at the beginning of this season, after coming out of examinership, it was their friends in North Louth who donated their share of the Malone Cup gate to help them out.

luka
28/07/2009, 11:05 AM
An email I just received:

Donations to Cork City FC:

If you wish to make a donation to Cork City Football Club to assist the club in its attempts to settle its liabilities with the Revenue, the club's bank account details are:

Account Name – Cork City Investment FC Ltd.
• Branch – Ballintemple, Blackrock Rd, Cork
• A/c No. – 15364447
• Sort Code – 934178

If you are making a donation, please put the word "appeal" on your lodgement slip in order to identify your donation

ndrog
28/07/2009, 11:06 AM
Thats very true re the money from the malone cup game , much appreciated it was . Fair play sonofstan nice jesture an all but i dont think it will help , i also done think they are gonna be wound up , the money will appear from somewhere and corkcity will go on .

luka
28/07/2009, 11:09 AM
The Revenue have withdrawn all options this morning and now City have to repay the full amount of €439k on Friday

fitzpatrick10
28/07/2009, 11:10 AM
Cork should be left the way they are! They don't follow correct procedures and deserve everything they get. I,for one am hopeful the "big club" go out of business. They're a disgrace.

Bye bye Cork, don't darken our door again.

Over and out

pineapple stu
28/07/2009, 11:13 AM
We're all decent people here Stu. I'm against cruelty, even to dogs like him.
Pfft. I guess! :)

Greenforever
28/07/2009, 11:21 AM
The best soloution would probably see Cork City put in Liquidation.

Forfas buy the assests from the liquidator for a nominal sum, there will probably be no other potential buyers.

Forfas look to SRFC for advice and guidance in how to successfully build a club and follow thier model.

While I don't know what liabilities the current owners inherited, there would be no liabilities for the new owners and they would have a far better chance of long term survival.

Weather the new Cork would start life in the first division I do not know, but I would hope that this would be the case.

Real ale Madrid
28/07/2009, 11:34 AM
The Revenue have withdrawn all options this morning and now City have to repay the full amount of €439k on Friday

Where did you hear that ?

SMorgan
28/07/2009, 11:44 AM
LiveLine on RTE Radio 1 at 1.45pm will be covering the Cork City story.

They want to hear from Cork City or any League of Ireland supporter.

sonofstan
28/07/2009, 11:46 AM
You can donate to foras via paypal. The link is at the bottom of the foras homepage - forastrust.ie

Done. Thanks.

pól-dcfc
28/07/2009, 11:46 AM

If you wish to make a donation to Cork City Football Club to assist the club in its attempts to settle its liabilities with the Revenue, the club's bank account details are:

• Account Name – Cork City Investment FC Ltd.
• A/c No. – 1536447
• Sort Code – 934178

If you are making a donation, please put the word "appeal" on your lodgement slip in order to identify your donation

I know it would be painful, but I would urge every Cork City fan to ignore this appeal. It's basically burning money. TC obviously hasn't got a clue, so why prop up his dictatorship any longer? Onward with Foras. If I get of the dole in the near future, I'll throw them a few bob for certain.

pól-dcfc
28/07/2009, 11:47 AM
LiveLine on RTE Radio 1 at 1.45pm will be covering the Cork City story.

They want to hear from Cork City or any League of Ireland supporter.

Finally the league is getting some publicity! Who said RTÉ don't care???

adamd164
28/07/2009, 11:49 AM
Genuinely not just saying this as I'm a Cork City fan, but this is extremely admirable. I've great respect for anyone who would do something like this. Fair play.

Ezeikial
28/07/2009, 11:58 AM
I've thought about buying a ticket for TC on Friday, even though I'll be in United Park, but I wonder if this will be any use, or if it will just disappear into Tom Coughlin's pocket? or worse, if the game sells out would i be keeping someone from getting in?

Are you seriously considering a donation to the Tom Coughlan's titantic as it sinks? Sometimes it's really difficult to figure out if some people are really in touch with reality or just wish to bath themselves in the water of some sort of (misguided) philantropy.

Perhaps this silly gibe is the real motivation for your post

sonofstan
28/07/2009, 12:09 PM
Are you seriously considering a donation to the Tom Coughlan's titantic as it sinks? Sometimes it's really difficult to figure out if some people are really in touch with reality or just wish to bath themselves in the water of some sort of (misguided) philantropy.

No. I was going to PM a few Cork fans rather than do this 'in public' but I figured I'd get a quicker answer this way, and maybe motivate a few others to do the same. And it was a genuine question: the FORAS site advocates that people go along on friday and buy merch. so I wanted to know what the 'party line' was.

Perhaps this silly gibe is the real motivation for your post

No, Im not as obsessed with you lot as you clearly are with us......but perhaps it was silly: it was meant to be light-hearted.

James
28/07/2009, 12:24 PM
Anyone who's looking to donate to FORAS can do so as per below
copied from FORAS.

"How To Donate to FORAS

All Donations are greatly accepted, every euro helps us build a stronger trust.
How to Donate

Lodge into the following Account;

Account Name: FRIENDS OF THE REBEL ARMY SOCIETY LTD
Branch: Bank Of Ireland, South Mall
Sort Code: 90-27-68
Account No: 94874154
Please put your name and address in the Narrative field so we can thank you

Via http://www.paypal.com/

Transfer required funds to forastrust@gmail.com
Please put your name and address in the Comments section so we can thank you

Send Bank Draft/Postal Order/Cheque to

FORAS (Friends of the Rebel Army Society)
P.O. Box 762,
South City Delivery Office,
Togher,
Cork.
Please put your name and address in on the envelope so we can thank you"

roinuj
28/07/2009, 12:24 PM
i dont agree one helping any team that caused their own problems by over spending and paying players big wages in a part time league.
we at waterford united were in the shyte a few years ago and got no help from anyone, and im sure most clubs were in the same position, But we all had to bail ourselfs out.
so cork should do same.

Guts&Glory
28/07/2009, 12:30 PM
I know it would be painful, but I would urge every Cork City fan to ignore this appeal. It's basically burning money. TC obviously hasn't got a clue, so why prop up his dictatorship any longer? Onward with Foras. If I get of the dole in the near future, I'll throw them a few bob for certain.

Did you hear him on MNS last night - Ah but sure its the recession Tony (not his fault part or hand in it at all of course he didn't sign more players in the off season oh no when already in the mire)........its the recession you know we are at negative 8% growth in the economy now Tony

You culd sense Tony O'D was looking at him going "what the f&^k is this guy on about? "

At the end of the day outside of the Revenue bill are they not up the creek with other creditors owed also ??

Stick with FORAS and I hope they get what they need to secure the name etc. in some form or other.

Guts&Glory
28/07/2009, 12:33 PM
Finally the league is getting some publicity! Who said RTÉ don't care???

Irish Independent Sport Supplement today.

Page 6 ; Daniel McDonnell article on Cork,

Caption text 'The Munster FA own Turners cross so it's not going to be sold off in a firesale.'

True - however the picture is of Tallaght Stadium (Shams Vs Cork match) - you couldnt make it up!!

rambler14
28/07/2009, 1:07 PM

• A/c No. – 15364447
• Sort Code – 934178

I would encourage everybody to AVOID this, the above is just an excuse to line Tommy's pockets..........give any money to FORAS.

Joseph McSweene
28/07/2009, 2:21 PM

Donate to FORAS if you want too-we'd really appreciate it!:) Giving money direct to the club presently is like handing a monkey a gun sadly-so not worth it.

Raheny Red
28/07/2009, 2:29 PM

Tom? :confused:

thischarmingman
28/07/2009, 2:30 PM

• A/c No. – 15364447
• Sort Code – 934178

Ley me get this straight, you got an email, asking you to put money into a bank account in some dodgy Republic, and you're considering it....?

*Begins spamming County Cork*

Partizan
28/07/2009, 2:47 PM
No monies should be handed over to CCFC. Instead all monies should be donated to FORAS.

Louth4sam
28/07/2009, 4:10 PM

• A/c No. – 15364447
• Sort Code – 934178

I've sent these account details to the son of my good friend the crown prince of Nigeria who died recently. He was going to give me 50 million dollars but it I told him it would be much better going to Cork City FC

jebus
28/07/2009, 4:17 PM
i dont agree one helping any team that caused their own problems by over spending and paying players big wages in a part time league.
we at waterford united were in the shyte a few years ago and got no help from anyone, and im sure most clubs were in the same position, But we all had to bail ourselfs out.
so cork should do same.

This.

I'm unsure as to why this wider LoI community is supposed to help Cork and not Galway or Limerick for instance

SkStu
28/07/2009, 4:28 PM
its reaffirms my faith in the decency of LOI fans to see Dundalk fans dancing on the graves of clubs like Cork and Bohs. Cos you know that if Dundalk fans do one thing, do the opposite and you will probably be doing the right thing.

mcgonigle
28/07/2009, 4:54 PM
its reaffirms my faith in the decency of LOI fans to see Dundalk fans dancing on the graves of clubs like Cork and Bohs. Cos you know that if Dundalk fans do one thing, do the opposite and you will probably be doing the right thing.

What are you talking about, which Dundalk fans are dancing on the grave of CCFC?

Some have said to give to FORAS instead of CCFC, along with the majority of posters here includig Cork fans.

Now who's facinated with who? :rolleyes:

SkStu
28/07/2009, 5:31 PM
What are you talking about, which Dundalk fans are dancing on the grave of CCFC?

Some have said to give to FORAS instead of CCFC, along with the majority of posters here includig Cork fans.

Now who's facinated with who? :rolleyes:

check out 4 or 5 other threads and you will see which Dundalk posters i am talking about. There you will find the answer to your second question.

A certain poster is like PineappleStu on crack. (no offence Stu, i've grown to respect you...) ;)

White Horse
28/07/2009, 5:42 PM

Not to mention the other areas that support Dundalk FC; mid-Louth, south Monaghan, and south Armagh.

As for Cork City. They got their "get out of jail" card in the examinership process, and have fecked it again up by not controlling their wage bill.

If people want to give €300k-€400k to Tom Coughlan and delay the inevitable for a few months, bigger fools them.

This is a cyclical event in Cork. There will be a new Cork team in the first division next season.

Ezeikial
28/07/2009, 6:49 PM

check out 4 or 5 other threads and you will see which Dundalk posters i am talking about. There you will find the answer to your second question.

A certain poster is like PineappleStu on crack. (no offence Stu, i've grown to respect you...) ;)

SkStu - I've checked out the 3 recent threads on Cork, and I have not noticed one Dundalk fan (never mind your plural "Dundalk fans") taking any joy from the impending demise of Cork City.

I have however, noticed many laughable jibes about an "obsession" with Bohemians financial mismanagement - I expect that this "persecution complex" will run for several months yet.

SkStu
28/07/2009, 7:25 PM
SkStu - I've checked out the 3 recent threads on Cork, and I have not noticed one Dundalk fan (never mind your plural "Dundalk fans") taking any joy from the impending demise of Cork City.

I have however, noticed many laughable jibes about an "obsession" with Bohemians financial mismanagement - I expect that this "persecution complex" will run for several months yet.

http://doctorwhoisdire.com/wp-content/gallery/super-hans/super_hans.jpg

Ezeikial
28/07/2009, 7:56 PM
http://thoughtlife.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/not-persecuted.jpg

dcfcsteve
28/07/2009, 9:10 PM
There will be a new Cork team in the first division next season.

Care to explain procedurally how this will happen.....?

dcfcsteve
28/07/2009, 9:12 PM
A certain poster is like PineappleStu on crack.

That's harsh.

Everyone knows Stu's on heroin..... :D

Dunny
28/07/2009, 9:14 PM
check out 4 or 5 other threads and you will see which Dundalk posters i am talking about.

Any chance you could link to these posts Stu?

CSFShels
28/07/2009, 9:23 PM
Shouldn't Bohs fans be saving that cash for when this day comes around for themselves? And thats not even meant in a bitchy way.

stamullendrog
28/07/2009, 9:42 PM
dont mean to be harsh but if i was a cork fan id not go near a ticket for friday and let the club be wound up.get behind foras lads i think its the way to go start from scratch again

Scrufil
28/07/2009, 11:08 PM
In some cases I think the best option is to wind up a club. This is a case and point. It was very, very telling that the FAI declined to have a spokesman on MNS. Cork have dug their own grave and historically this has always been their fashion. Any new team formed from the ashes should start from the A-League.

I am not happy with this situation. I wish Cork City could have been run correctly this year but alas it has not happened.

Is there a curse on City teams? Kilkenny City, Dublin City are gone and now it looks like Cork City will follow.

pixiehead
28/07/2009, 11:20 PM
so cork should do same.

Listen Here!
The owners made mistakes and the clowns running the club. Each one of us is a LOI fan and should be willing to help fellow "Supporters". If one club goes we will all go. Most clubs have had there back to the walls and yes they did sort it themselfs but we are talking about a matter of hours that the club will go bust in . Frig the boards, its the fans we should stand up for. Im a LOI fan first and formost and i will be just as devistated by the demise of city as I would my own club

Hairy Bowsie
28/07/2009, 11:29 PM
and i will be just as devistated by the demise of city as I would my own club

Really? Because thats just silly.