PDA

View Full Version : MNS

sligoman
27/07/2009, 7:08 PM
It's on now. Tony O'Donoghue grilling Tom Coughlan.

WindmillWarrior
27/07/2009, 7:09 PM
Watching Tom Coughlan on it? Some interview :eek:

CSFShels
27/07/2009, 7:10 PM
What was said?

Rovers1
27/07/2009, 7:10 PM
Coughlan didn't look too well on camera there.

fergalr
27/07/2009, 7:11 PM
Commentary on Derry v Cork. "Little did they know ....".

Were they the only ones?

prince20
27/07/2009, 7:11 PM
Coughlan didn't look too well on camera there.

Would anyone in that situation?
Have to say he doesnt look confident of saving the club, hope im wrong though

sligoman
27/07/2009, 7:14 PM
Someone should tell Doolin there's no eircom League...although he may not need to know that anymore.

Mr A
27/07/2009, 7:15 PM
McGuinness left his TV on, the fecking amateur.

Dunny
27/07/2009, 7:15 PM
"Stephen have you got your tv on there, I think its causing an issue..."

"Ha yeah no problem.."

Eh...

Black and White
27/07/2009, 7:17 PM
Rico adding to his many roles in life, this week...hes a financial advisor! Nex week, a rocket scientist!

De Town
27/07/2009, 7:18 PM
Coughlan mentioned several times how Cork's wage budget is the biggest in the league. You'd think he would have realised that earlier and done something about it, instead of letting it go the way it has done.

Black and White
27/07/2009, 7:21 PM
Hes also taking the pi55...blaming the economy, Im sure the economy made them outbide for players earlier in the season, Im sure the economy made them have a high wage bill...actually lets just blame the economy for Doolin being bald! He knwos hes in the wrong and hasnt a clue what to say!

Longfordian
27/07/2009, 7:22 PM
Tom's great plan is to get all the sponsors to give him the money in two or three days. Good luck with that one TC.

tippex
27/07/2009, 7:22 PM
the only thing that can be said about that interview is.
Tom Coughlan is a tool.
The best thing for cork now is to be wouond up and start afresh they need to get rid of him totally.

Dodge
27/07/2009, 7:26 PM
Did they show the Pats goal from malta? or indicate doing so?

sligoman
27/07/2009, 7:28 PM
Did they show the Pats goal from malta? or indicate doing so?No, just mentioned highlights of Derry & Bohs if I heard rightly.

blue til i die
27/07/2009, 7:32 PM
No, just mentioned highlights of Derry & Bohs if I heard rightly.

Correct!

Dunny
27/07/2009, 7:35 PM
What happened there between Sligo and Pat's officials?

Dodge
27/07/2009, 7:44 PM
What happened there between Sligo and Pat's officials?

Tackle went in hard on partridge, he mouthed off, got a bit of stick from the Sligo Bench, Pats bench reacted.

Nothing really....

Dunny
27/07/2009, 7:45 PM
Thought they would have had featured Cork in the Raiders bit.

fergalr
27/07/2009, 8:04 PM
Thought they would have had featured Cork in the Raiders bit.

They were featured in the Temple of Doom bit.

ped_ped
27/07/2009, 8:06 PM
:eek: Guys! Where did they get the money for the Bohs -v- Salzburg highlights? Someone's splashing the cash...

Nesta99
27/07/2009, 8:15 PM
What was the issue fenlon had with the RBS manager? (Apart from his usual spitting the dummy act when he doesnt get his own way)

PartySaint
27/07/2009, 11:40 PM
Just watched MNS, that Coughlan interview was cringeworthy, He came across like a total idiot

Joseph McSweene
28/07/2009, 5:14 AM
They were featured in the Temple of Doom bit.

I'm a City fan and this made me chuckle at least. Fair fooks. Still though:(

What was the issue fenlon had with the RBS manager? (Apart from his usual spitting the dummy act when he doesnt get his own way)

To be fair, Stevens had been acting the C*** in interviews, fair enough from Fenlon, he didn't even deserve a handshake for a guy that dismissed Bohs that much and came very very close to getting knocked out. He would have been sacked, another reason why it would have been good for Bohs to win.

Just watched MNS, that Coughlan interview was cringeworthy, He came across like a total idiot

That's because he's a gowlbag of the highest order, putting people out of jobs, ruining a club and destroying peoples belief in Cork football, with no regard or responsibility for what HE has done. He will hopefully never be involved in anything successful ever again and will always fail in his "dream" of being involved in politics. A bumbling buffoon who will always, always be a failure at life.

thischarmingman
28/07/2009, 7:45 AM
Good show last night, showed plenty of footie while still being able to have a decent discussion on the Cork situation. I'd like to see Hanson and "Wrighty" be able to do the same. No point rehashing what others have said about the Coughlan interviw, as he did indeed come across badly.

What I hate is the underlying insinuation that the big, bad Revenue were at fault for wanting money owed to them for months. Pay your bills like the rest of us Coughlan.

Duggie
28/07/2009, 8:16 AM
the coughlan interview didnt make him look to well but i still got the impression from him that something could be done before friday. maybe he just didnt want to say on camera ya were gone. did anyone else think this.

Joseph McSweene
28/07/2009, 2:26 PM
the coughlan interview didnt make him look to well but i still got the impression from him that something could be done before friday. maybe he just didnt want to say on camera ya were gone. did anyone else think this.

I'd be surprised if we were around after Friday biy, I don't think he has anything. BL didn't sell to him because he was broke and wanted to use the club to fuel political ambitions back when Brian was selling up, he's got no money at all, seriously. I don't think he'll be able to scrounge it together either like. No, the reason he didn't say much is because he wants to line his own pockets further with ticket and merchandising sales.

irishultra
28/07/2009, 2:42 PM
russell looked awesome for galway. such a good move for o'shea's goal. looked like a deadly game.

brianw82
28/07/2009, 3:12 PM
The impression I got from Couglan's interview was that his heart is in the right place as regards CCFS. He just doesn't have the means or the know-how, or dare I say the cop on, to run it properly.

micls
28/07/2009, 3:13 PM
The impression I got from Couglan's interview was that his heart is in the right place as regards CCFS.

You know he's a politician, right?

dong
28/07/2009, 3:33 PM

I got that impression too but would anybody ( CCFC fans included ) want to hand over their money to save the club if he's still at the helm. He led them into this mess.
They would be better off if they were wound up and come back again with some people with a bit of honesty and know how. No matter how long it might take.
Good show. Glad O Donoghue didn't give him too much of an easy ride.

thischarmingman
28/07/2009, 6:58 PM
The impression I got from Couglan's interview was that his heart is in the right place as regards CCFS. He just doesn't have the means or the know-how, or dare I say the cop on, to run it properly.

If I ran out for Derry City you can bet my heart would be in the right place.

However, that's no reason for Stephen Kenny to pick me.

(Although with the way we're playing at the moment, he might consider it...)

JC_GUFC
28/07/2009, 7:31 PM
"Stephen have you got your tv on there, I think its causing an issue..."

"Ha yeah no problem.."

Eh...

I think he turned off his TV but left on his Garda scanner! ;)

russell looked awesome for galway. such a good move for o'shea's goal. looked like a deadly game.

Yeah to be fair we always have good games with Bray - you have to admire Eddie Gormley for the way he has Bray playing football. Fozzy has us playing good football too and with Russell back fit he definitely adds a lot to our team going forward. Our problem is a total lack of cover for any players. When either centre half has been out we've really struggled - similarly when Sean Kelly was out for 3 months we had no reliable central midfielder.
Although he's our most talented player Jay O'Shea wouldn't be a huge loss for us.

Dunny
28/07/2009, 7:40 PM
I think he turned off his TV but left on his Garda scanner! ;)

Don't see why he'd need one. He knows rightly Tom Coughlan robbed CCFC.

stann
29/07/2009, 7:00 AM
What was the issue fenlon had with the RBS manager?

To be fair, Stevens had been acting the C*** in interviews, fair enough from Fenlon, he didn't even deserve a handshake for a guy that dismissed Bohs that much and came very very close to getting knocked out.

I was only half-watching it, so only saw the end of the incident, but from the last seconds it looked to me that Stevens might have initially walked off after the final whistle without shaking Fenlon's hand, another pretty dismissive gesture. Fenlon wasn't having it, went after him, sticking out the hand but having a go off him for it at the same time?
Stevens looked to be apologising, with Fenlon walking away throwing his hand in the air in an 'ah blow it out your @rse' gesture. Rightly so if so.
That's only guessing from the little of it I saw though (from the 'handshake' on), and I can't check back on MNS here at work.

noisecontrol
29/07/2009, 1:26 PM
I got that impression too but would anybody ( CCFC fans included ) want to hand over their money to save the club if he's still at the helm. He led them into this mess.
They would be better off if they were wound up and come back again with some people with a bit of honesty and know how. No matter how long it might take.
Good show. Glad O Donoghue didn't give him too much of an easy ride.

Correct me if I'm wrong but were Cork not in the **** before this guy came on board and he temporarily, at least, saved them from going under...

I could be wrong but if this is the case then how quick ye forget...

micls
29/07/2009, 1:28 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but were Cork not in the **** before this guy came on board and he temporarily, at least, saved them from going under...

I could be wrong but if this is the case then how quick ye forget...

That would be true if there was no other option at the time. There was. Cork City would have been saved with or without Tom Coughlan during examinership imo.

He took over, had a chance to do things right and screwed us over yet again.

brianw82
29/07/2009, 3:26 PM
You know he's a politician, right?

Hence my second sentence there. :)

pól-dcfc
29/07/2009, 4:01 PM
If I ran out for Derry City you can bet my heart would be in the right place.

However, that's no reason for Stephen Kenny to pick me.

(Although with the way we're playing at the moment, he might consider it...)

We're definitely not that desperate yet... Thank god.