PDA

View Full Version : Possible new league table with Cork gone? Europe is still possible

shedhead
27/07/2009, 3:18 PM
Although not confirmed what will now happen if the FAI decide to make all games null and void, below is how table may look (quick calculation)

Bad news for Pats anyway who won twice this year against them.
We would only lose a point.

Team Pts
1 Bohemians 42
2 Shamrock Rovers 38
3 Derry City 31
4 Dundalk 26
5 Galway United 25
6 Sligo Rovers 20
7 Drogheda United 19
8 Bray Wanderers 18
9 St Patrick's 17

rovers100%
27/07/2009, 3:35 PM
still i wouldnt like to see them go outta business all the same. it well may be an advantage to us but any self respecting fan has to appreciate cork are one of the biggest clubs in ireland and we ourselves have fallen foul of money problems in the past and would hate to think other fans would relish in our misfortune. the whole league is unstable and we need the big clubs in it.

Rovers Maniac
27/07/2009, 3:49 PM
I don't think the league table will look like that,

according to some of the bofins on here it's more likely to look

with teams getting an average points of how they have done against Cork. Drogs will be above us, Bray get nothing as do Galway, Dundalk and Pats are the big winners out it.

Edit: Actually other people seeing the league will look like Rovers 100% table looks like.

Other table in this post

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1199960&postcount=569

shedhead
27/07/2009, 5:36 PM
Obviously I would not want Cork to go out of business but todays news looks like it is a formality unless something drastic happens. Just hoping there is someone will lend them a hand with some cash.

roverandout
27/07/2009, 6:24 PM
still i wouldnt like to see them go outta business all the same. it well may be an advantage to us but any self respecting fan has to appreciate cork are one of the biggest clubs in ireland and we ourselves have fallen foul of money problems in the past and would hate to think other fans would relish in our misfortune. the whole league is unstable and we need the big clubs in it.

I don't think that they really deserve to stay in business. They just stumble from one crisis to another. Don't forget they have sold Mooney, Meyler, Healy and Behan all within the last two seasons. Coughlan is just a hot air merchant. To be totally fair the folk who run Sligo Rovers don't get a lot of credit, but at least they keep the club on a fairly even keel.

Well Red
27/07/2009, 7:37 PM
Really sorry that Cork City look like going out of football, this can only be bad for the league in Ireland. I have always said that what we want is some of the Dublin clubs to go as there are far too many there and apart from a few they get no support. Lets not start doing crazy calculations with the possible demise of Cork but hope they can find some means of staying in business.

red arrow
27/07/2009, 8:37 PM
i hope that cork can stay in business. it would be very bad for the league as they are a great club & have good support & one of the best grounds in the country.

clubman
27/07/2009, 9:25 PM
i hope that cork can stay in business. it would be very bad for the league as they are a great club & have good support & one of the best grounds in the country.

They don't own Turners Cross!
There is a 2000 hard core support base down there that will support a soccer club no matter what tag you put on to the name Cork.
All will happen is they wind up, a new club is formed, Cork Ramblers (?) are back in business albeit in the First Division but in a year they'll be back up where they are now. Nothing changes but the name!

rovers100%
27/07/2009, 9:31 PM
a lot of players are gonna be available for free if they are wound up. if anything it will prob be bad for us as we have near all our targets got so the likes of pats and teams around us will prob get some good players of cork.

Rovers1
27/07/2009, 9:46 PM
business albeit in the First Division

A Championship;)

akearins
29/07/2009, 8:34 AM
Sorry lads but Cork deserve to go out of business as thats exactly what they are a business that did not pay its taxes.Just because they are a football club shouldn't matter.We are struggling against relegation mainly due to a lack of finances which we would have had had we not had a huge tax bill which almost put us out of business.So why should Cork be riding high dodging the tax man and the like sof us suffer.As Pete mahon aid last season when UCD got relegated they could have signed 10 or 15 players not paid them or taxes and stayed up.They pay the biggest wage, which their chairman approved and is now crying about it.
The FAI also have a lot to answer for.I mean if cheques bounce to the revenue how are players cheques not bouncing, possibly because of under table cash payments maybe.Remember the FAI rejected 3 of our budgets and only approved one which as sure to relegate us, we could have lost one of the best managers in the league because of them and what do they say now about Cork."Its between the revenue and Cork" Well no way Abbottstown they have brought the league into disrepute and all the good promotions by Noel Mooney and Co. are worth jack **** when this happens.

Good luck to them everyone else has to keep their house in order so why don't they and Bohs too....

clubman
29/07/2009, 10:35 AM
Good luck to them everyone else has to keep their house in order so why don't they and Bohs too....

Totally agree!!!!!!

Umberside
29/07/2009, 6:34 PM
They don't own Turners Cross!
There is a 2000 hard core support base down there that will support a soccer club no matter what tag you put on to the name Cork.
All will happen is they wind up, a new club is formed, Cork Ramblers (?) are back in business albeit in the First Division but in a year they'll be back up where they are now. Nothing changes but the name!

People said that about Shels but three years on they're still not back

Rovers1
29/07/2009, 6:47 PM
People said that about Shels but three years on they're still not back

Give it 4 months;)

Umberside
29/07/2009, 8:55 PM
a lot of players are gonna be available for free if they are wound up. if anything it will prob be bad for us as we have near all our targets got so the likes of pats and teams around us will prob get some good players of cork.

I doubt they'll go to pats there on too big a wage to take that drop. Most will probably end up at Dundalk, with one or two maybe going to Bohs & Derry, while a good few of them will go to England (Most likely Dan Murray and Danny Murphy). Davin O'Neill will probably stay working at the shop in Cobh.

dong
31/07/2009, 12:20 PM
Sorry lads but Cork deserve to go out of business as thats exactly what they are a business that did not pay its taxes.Just because they are a football club shouldn't matter.We are struggling against relegation mainly due to a lack of finances which we would have had had we not had a huge tax bill which almost put us out of business.So why should Cork be riding high dodging the tax man and the like sof us suffer.As Pete mahon aid last season when UCD got relegated they could have signed 10 or 15 players not paid them or taxes and stayed up.They pay the biggest wage, which their chairman approved and is now crying about it.
The FAI also have a lot to answer for.I mean if cheques bounce to the revenue how are players cheques not bouncing, possibly because of under table cash payments maybe.Remember the FAI rejected 3 of our budgets and only approved one which as sure to relegate us, we could have lost one of the best managers in the league because of them and what do they say now about Cork."Its between the revenue and Cork" Well no way Abbottstown they have brought the league into disrepute and all the good promotions by Noel Mooney and Co. are worth jack **** when this happens.

Looks like they could be out of the woods. With an intervention by the FAI to boot!
An absolute joke. City will jump back into bed with Coughlan now. Like a punter who got crabs from a hooker but just can't help himself.
I can see as a fan how they want the club to continue but this whole thing makes a laughing stock of the league yet again.
Time will tell have they learned any lessons.

rovers100%
01/08/2009, 11:08 AM
i hope they survive but i firmly believe if it was us or finn harps or any team outside derry/dublin or cork we would be wound up quicker than victor meldrew !!!!

roversman
01/08/2009, 11:55 AM
yes they have got too many chances ones which rovers wouldnt get