PDA

View Full Version : City Gone

luka
27/07/2009, 2:07 PM
I'm hearing from a reliable source that City are gone............

KUFCMan
27/07/2009, 2:16 PM
Wound up apparently.What happens to their points are they expunged or does the league table stay the same?

A face
27/07/2009, 2:23 PM
Wound up apparently.What happens to their points are they expunged or does the league table stay the same?

I think all the points won from games involing us are taken back. So if you lost to City you are at an advantage now as your points will stay the same. Might shake up the table a bit now

James
27/07/2009, 2:25 PM
rip city

A face
27/07/2009, 2:33 PM
Long Live Cork City FC

luka
27/07/2009, 2:36 PM
Just been told that the Judge put a stay on the order until Friday by which time City can either appeal the decision or pay the full amount. I'm told an appeal is just a waste of time though. What a shame. Hard to take in as well.

the 12 th man
27/07/2009, 2:39 PM
From extratime.ie

After a second sitting in the High Court this afternoon, Cork City have been wound up. The judgement comes after the club could not settle with the Revenue Commissioners over an accumalation of unpaid tax bills.

The case had been adjourned by Miss Justice Laffoy on several occasions but the end has finally come due to owner Tom Coughlan's inability to repay money owed to the Revenue.

The Leesiders were unable to pay half of the amount despite selling Colin Healy and Denis Behan. The club are expected to make a statement in the coming hours.

celticV3
27/07/2009, 2:41 PM
I thought after money expected from friendlies and testimonial match they would be ok? Bad news for the league in general.

luka
27/07/2009, 2:43 PM
What about the players now? Coughlan needs to make a quick decision here because if the players, whom are now supposedly free agents, don't sign for another club by 31st July then they will not be playing any football at all.

red_away
27/07/2009, 2:57 PM
It would be a shame to lose CCFC as with its support it should be able to sustain a football team!

Is there any way back?

Section E Loyal
27/07/2009, 3:10 PM
No matter what the circumstances it is always sad to see a club dissolve.

Umberside
27/07/2009, 3:11 PM
It would be a shame to lose CCFC as with its support it should be able to sustain a football team!

Is there any way back?

I don't think so:(:(:(:

sligofan4ever
27/07/2009, 3:14 PM
Its a disgrace that this all started with the sponsers last season :mad:. Am I correct in saying the owner of the company who sponsored ye last season was using the money they owed ye for his own gain or something along those lines ?

As unlikely as it is, I hope ye find some way out of this. Surely a 1st division team will take thier place or something ? How can we finish a league a league with just 9 teams ?

CRFC&SRFC
27/07/2009, 3:15 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0727/corkcity.html

Disaster for league, hopefully if its true, they can reform. League needs Cork

Ringo
27/07/2009, 3:16 PM
I don't think so:(:(:(:

I suppose like Shamrock Rovers , fans could set up a new club owned by fans . Sad news for the fans.

Umberside
27/07/2009, 3:19 PM
Its a disgrace that this all started with the sponsers last season :mad:. Am I correct in saying the owner of the company who sponsored ye last season was using the money they owed ye for his own gain or something along those lines ?

Do you mean Arkaga or Beamish?

sligofan4ever
27/07/2009, 3:20 PM
Do you mean Arkaga or Beamish?

Arkaga

carrickharp
27/07/2009, 3:22 PM
Sorry to hear this folks, all the best in the future whater ever it may be.

Umberside
27/07/2009, 3:24 PM
Arkaga

Yeah you're right, then left us in 1.5 million debt, we made it somehow though it doesn't look like there was any point.

It turned out he was jailed before for some tax fraud. What annoyed most people was they had the money to pay off the 1.5 million and then sell the club, but instead pulled out of the club and put us into examinership.

And because of that we got a ***** called Tom Coughlan who it seems does not have the money to run a football club.

red_away
27/07/2009, 3:29 PM
This is just another blow for LOI football as all the doomsayers will jump on this asking is there any point to the LOI when maybe its biggest club cant keep going?

Have the FAI done anything or do they have a plan to assist cork or any club in trouble for that matter?

Pauro 76
27/07/2009, 3:29 PM
RIP City. Always enjoyed the banter in our days in the Premier...

ger121
27/07/2009, 3:32 PM
If and I know it's a big if, they could somehow come up with the balance by Friday would the winding up order be lifted?

Umberside
27/07/2009, 3:35 PM
If and I know it's a big if, they could somehow come up with the balance by Friday would the winding up order be lifted?

Last hope now is FORAS

Shiba
27/07/2009, 4:11 PM
Another Black day for the league! Cinsidering what restraints were put on us this season by Fai,I think that they have alot to answer to as regards their double standards .This should not have been allowed to happen.The capitail of ireland without a league football team.

Sad day for the league!

luka
27/07/2009, 4:45 PM
From The City website

Club Statement

Following High Court proceedings today, Cork City FC has been given until Friday to settle its liabilities to the Revenue.

The club is doing everything within its power to settle these liabilities and asks that our supporters and the people of Cork get behind us to help us to save the club. It is the intention of the club to continue trading and we are determined to do everything in our power to overcome this hurdle.

At this time, the support of all is vital to us emerging from this situation and the continuation of League of Ireland football in Cork. As we look ahead to Friday night’s game against Bray Wanderers at Turner’s Cross, we ask the people of Cork to come out and support the team and buy tickets for the game in advance of Friday through our kiosk in Daunt Square and our club store at 22 Sullivan’s Quay.

LFC-Zulu
27/07/2009, 5:03 PM
A major hammer blow for the League of Ireland in the loss of Cork City Football Club. I was expecting for them to scrape past this, and personally, I'm in shock, and feeling awful for the fans and management alike. After going through a few struggles ourselves, I know how this must feel to an extent. I can't imagine how bad not having a club would be at this stage, especially considering how well ye were doing this year as well.

Deepest sympathies,
Limerick FC Supporters Club.

Martinho II
27/07/2009, 7:45 PM
I have so many great memories of ltfc cork city over the last ten years.. they will be a big loss to the loi.. I really shouldnt be sayin this but considerin there will be a huge drop in matchday revenue for the other clubs who next?

cork city fc RIP :(

red arrow
27/07/2009, 8:43 PM
i'm very sorry to hear this terrible news. i pray to god that a miracle happens for yee. yee have a great club & one of the best stadium in the country & great support. we in sligo feel the pain that yee are experiencing at the moment. a league of ireland without a cork club is a disaster. i hope yee get through this.

stamullendrog
27/07/2009, 9:50 PM
sorry to hear it lads horrible thing to happen,personally think foras are better off letting this go and starting out fresh next season

mr pink
27/07/2009, 10:51 PM
this is bad news , and a sad day for irish football .we have only played cork twice, both times at turners cross we were made to feel very welcome down there by the city fans great people and a great club .hopefully this is not the end.............:confused:

Captain2007
28/07/2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry to see a club like Cork City in dire straits, LOI will be worse off without Cork and their many loyal supporters , also the league will lose a superb venue in Turners Cross, have to feel for the Players and Staff who will find it very difficult to get fixed up with other clubs, love to see ye pull through but I don't think ye will...... Best of Luck!

blobbyblob
29/07/2009, 12:09 PM
This is awful. Like waiting for the Pope to die. Sorry to see ya go lads.

Umberside
29/07/2009, 1:24 PM
I don't know if there's any name left for us to choose:eek: The best ones have all been taken, maybe the best we could come up with is Cork Rovers or Cork Ramblers. Though John Caulfield said that if CCFC do get wound up, then the name Cork City should be kept, so maybe we'll have to change it to 'Cork City A.F.C.'

micls
29/07/2009, 1:25 PM
I don't know if there's any name left for us to choose:eek: The best ones have all been taken, maybe the best we could come up with is Cork Rovers or Cork Ramblers. Though John Caulfield said that if CCFC do get wound up, then the name Cork City should be kept, so maybe we'll have to change it to 'Cork City A.F.C.'

Cork City is going no where.

Cork City investments FC Limited, will be wound up. We may not have a first team for a few months, but the club won't be dying.

prodsc
29/07/2009, 10:07 PM
keep that spirit as a supporter!! Good luck to ye all!

yan
30/07/2009, 6:14 PM
yes agree, we keep cork city fc, a team of local part time players from next season, plenty of talent in the area, a team i could put together off the top of my head...

Mc Nulty

Hoggie Long kevin murray ken hoey

alan carey cillian lordan john kearney duggan

Cambridge Cummins

johnny c as manager

Splurge
30/07/2009, 6:22 PM
It might be the best thing to happen to ye, do a Wexford Youths style set up. Must be some Wallace type down there with a few quid lieing about.

goatboy_rua
30/07/2009, 11:15 PM
This is awful. Like waiting for the Pope to die. Sorry to see ya go lads.

in complete agreement.