PDA

View Full Version : Galway Game

The Fox
24/07/2009, 9:38 PM
A very disappointing result - to be honest we at least deserved a draw but didnt put away our chances. Thought we played quite well.
In recent weeks I have been a bit disappointed with Brennan and Mulcahy - they were better earlier in the season and we really need the experienced players running games that we are 1-0 up in - they were too quiet tonight. I also cant understand why massey isnt starting - knight is ok but massey poses a far greater threat and is a more confident player.
Whats the story with Paddy?
The transfer window is nearly closed and no signings. Drogheda brought in a few and sligo signed 8!!!???

naoise kennedy
24/07/2009, 9:54 PM
A very disappointing result - to be honest we at least deserved a draw but didnt put away our chances. Thought we played quite well.
In recent weeks I have been a bit disappointed with Brennan and Mulcahy - they were better earlier in the season and we really need the experienced players running games that we are 1-0 up in - they were too quiet tonight. I also cant understand why massey isnt starting - knight is ok but massey poses a far greater threat and is a more confident player.
Whats the story with Paddy?
The transfer window is nearly closed and no signings. Drogheda brought in a few and sligo signed 8!!!???

paddy pulled his hamstring during warm up.. so i was told, i agree we did not deserve to loose but we need to put away our chances, brennan and mulcahy were quiet i thought when dave o neill went off we started to go down hill he looked very good, again i can't understand why massey does not start even though knight was not that bad tonight.
Up front shane looked very good but his goal was from passing around the box so why did we hoof every ball in the air in the second half that defender got everything..

peadar1987
24/07/2009, 10:10 PM
It was daft. When you set yourself up 4-5-1 like we were doing you can't play high ball, especially when you only have a little lad up front. Even if he does win the header he has nobody to flick it onto, so he's going to have to head it back into midfield, and Skippy could have kicked it there himself, where Shields had a much better chance of winning the ball and flicking it on to Shane, or knocking it sideways.

The defence is seriously frustrating as well. They'll play really well for most of the game, and then have a suicidal moment or three. I rate Foran very highly, but his concentration isn't the best.

centre mid
24/07/2009, 10:28 PM
Didnt deserve anything, there was enough chances to win the game but Galway were the better team by a distance, they controlled the 1st half after we scored.

tippex
24/07/2009, 10:48 PM
the same thing cost us tonight as in other games. we switched off...

notever
25/07/2009, 4:28 PM
We deserved something from this game,we did not deserve to lose, it was a real sickener.I was devestated because in the last twenty five minutes I thought we were the ones who were going to go on and win it. I really felt for the players,football really is a cruel game........

dublinwanderer
25/07/2009, 5:42 PM
Bray deserved nothing from the match last night. They were extremely poor after they went ahead. A lot of this has to come down to Eddie. Playing 1 up front at home in a game that you must win? Joke of a descision. Galway controlled the game and limited Bray to a few long range shots, while they themselves created several chances and should have scored at least 3 or 4 - Skippy again made a few great saves.

Something has to change in Bray, its a joke really, the ground is a joke, and the team are not good enought to compete at this level - the league table doesnt lie. The only way Bray will survive this year is by signing a few experienced players - doubt this will happen as the club has no money, or if least 2 teams (bohs and cork) go belly up - which i dont think will happen.

I luv the club and hate seeing this happen. We need to react now while we can before its way to late.

peadar1987
25/07/2009, 7:21 PM
I think we'd see a completely different team with an experienced head alongside Foran in the centre of defence. Stupid lapses in concentration from our defenders have costs us so much this season. Have we kept a single clean sheet since the Shams game on opening night? I can't remember one.

Seagull
25/07/2009, 7:31 PM
Bray deserved nothing from the match last night. They were extremely poor after they went ahead. A lot of this has to come down to Eddie. Playing 1 up front at home in a game that you must win? Joke of a descision. Galway controlled the game and limited Bray to a few long range shots, while they themselves created several chances and should have scored at least 3 or 4 - Skippy again made a few great saves.

Something has to change in Bray, its a joke really, the ground is a joke, and the team are not good enought to compete at this level - the league table doesnt lie. The only way Bray will survive this year is by signing a few experienced players - doubt this will happen as the club has no money, or if least 2 teams (bohs and cork) go belly up - which i dont think will happen.

I luv the club and hate seeing this happen. We need to react now while we can before its way to late.

Wherever you were the view was a lot different to what I saw. I was absolutely gutted we lost that, I thought the effort and honesty of a very young team was incredible and we deserved at least a point. A piece of magic from O'Shea won the game for Galway. You criticise the ground, the team, the players, the manager yet you profess to 'luv the club', I can't figure out what it is you 'luv'. Sack the manager, sell the players, bulldoze the ground- now there's a solution!

Con-Con
25/07/2009, 8:31 PM
Wherever you were the view was a lot different to what I saw. I was absolutely gutted we lost that, I thought the effort and honesty of a very young team was incredible and we deserved at least a point. A piece of magic from O'Shea won the game for Galway. You criticise the ground, the team, the players, the manager yet you profess to 'luv the club', I can't figure out what it is you 'luv'. Sack the manager, sell the players, bulldoze the ground- now there's a solution!
The magic was from Russell with his skill at perfectly weighted pass. O'Shea just flicked it in.

Seagull
25/07/2009, 8:40 PM
The magic was from Russell with his skill at perfectly weighted pass. O'Shea just flicked it in.

Sorry, I just meant it was a great goal. O'Shea had a quiet game but I thought it was a very accomplished finish. Not the first time he's broken Bray hearts either (but hopefully it's the last!)

Claret Murph
26/07/2009, 4:15 AM
I had the feeling that Bray were all set to play the last 85 minutes in their own half , it was only when Galway scored they decided to have a go . It was a very good game in the second half as either side could have won it , Bray should had a point from the game but when you are the bottom of the league things like this always goes against you . The Russler the differance between the two sides for the goal he was going nowhere on the half way line and out smarted two Bray players with one move then cut infield saw O'Shea and the rest well is history .