PDA

View Full Version : villa

balls
24/07/2009, 7:01 PM
any villa fans on here. How do you think they ll fair out next year

De Town
24/07/2009, 7:05 PM
Not a fan myself, but I feel they'll struggle compared to last year, mainly due to their lack of a replacement for Barry and Laursen, two of their key players. The big 4, City and Everton will all finish ahead of them in my opinion.

Closed Account 2
24/07/2009, 7:20 PM
I agree, Laursen will be a massive loss. I also worry about the signing of Downing, I think he was overpriced and also probably wont play for the rest of the year. Even when he does his natural position would be left wing but he'll be fighting with Ashley Young for that role. Villa's problem could be defence / defensive midfield.

balls
27/07/2009, 1:48 PM
defence is going to be a problem but distin would be ideal replacement for laursen hope they get him before season starts. think curtis davies will really shine this year and distin would be great to have along side him to bring him on. middle of the park gonna be a problem too. was over at peterborough last weekend for pre season friendly and sidwell and reo coker looked awfull in the middle we have quality in petrov who i hope gets captains armband but could do with 1 or 2 more in there. even someone like jenas would do for this season just to steady ship since barry s move

DeLorean
27/07/2009, 3:13 PM
Reo-Coker is rubbish, so is Jenas.

swinfordfc
27/07/2009, 7:40 PM
I'm a villa fan and i fear for them this season compared to last ..... Laursen is a huge loss as is barry in the central of the field. Central defence is dodgy and Davies needs a experienced guy alongside him - Distin would be good but Hangeland would fit perfectly - he actually need the 2 of them for cover with Cuellar who can cover right back as well if Luke Young is injured for any period or needs resting. Left back is Bouma as he far better then Shorey but he provide good cover ....

so 2 signings - Distin and Hangeland

Midfield be need a creative midfield and fast - we were right to get rid of Barry (31 and got got 12 million) Petrov is a very good holding midfielder and is improving and Reo Coker is good cover but Sidwell cant cut it so we need to buy Defour from Belgium. I think once Downing is fit - Young will be used behind the big man Carew up front......

3rd signing - Defour

we need another striker - Owen would have being perfect and Bent is not worth that money .....

4th - a striker

Roadend
28/07/2009, 8:37 AM
defence is going to be a problem but distin would be ideal replacement for laursen

Distin is nowhere near as good as Laursen

maxwellsmart
28/07/2009, 9:25 AM
I'm a villa fan and i fear for them this season compared to last ..... Laursen is a huge loss as is barry in the central of the field. Central defence is dodgy and Davies needs a experienced guy alongside him - Distin would be good but Hangeland would fit perfectly - he actually need the 2 of them for cover with Cuellar who can cover right back as well if Luke Young is injured for any period or needs resting. Left back is Bouma as he far better then Shorey but he provide good cover ....

so 2 signings - Distin and Hangeland

Midfield be need a creative midfield and fast - we were right to get rid of Barry (31 and got got 12 million) Petrov is a very good holding midfielder and is improving and Reo Coker is good cover but Sidwell cant cut it so we need to buy Defour from Belgium. I think once Downing is fit - Young will be used behind the big man Carew up front......

3rd signing - Defour

we need another striker - Owen would have being perfect and Bent is not worth that money .....

4th - a striker

I disagree about Sidwell. I know he wasn't graet lastseason, but I think he could be very good the season coming. Not happy about Downing, but tghen again I thought the money spent on Ashley Young was nuts and how I've been proved wrong!!!!

Think Richard Dunne would be a very good replacement for Laursen, and as for REo-Coker....get rid!!!

Lionel Ritchie
28/07/2009, 9:55 AM
They need a couple of players alright. I'm a Leeds supporter and Villa are very interested in Fabian Delph who is likely to be world class and Villa is apparently his preferred destination. BUT Villa won't meet Leeds valuation (6M) and what's more, not only have Spurs agreed to pay it -Redknapp has offered to loan him back to Leeds for a season.

swinfordfc
28/07/2009, 10:54 AM
They need a couple of players alright. I'm a Leeds supporter and Villa are very interested in Fabian Delph who is likely to be world class and Villa is apparently his preferred destination. BUT Villa won't meet Leeds valuation (6M) and what's more, not only have Spurs agreed to pay it -Redknapp has offered to loan him back to Leeds for a season.

if that the case - why is he not gone to spurs already so?
whats is his position - Fabian Delph? is he an attacking midfielder?

Lionel Ritchie
28/07/2009, 11:25 AM
if that the case - why is he not gone to spurs already so?
whats is his position - Fabian Delph? is he an attacking midfielder?

He's a midfielder but I'm sure I've seen him play out on the wing for Leeds as well when the deck's been reshuffled to accomodate subs. I dunno why he hasn't gone to spurs other than speculating he's hanging in there for a better deal/bigger club ...or maybe one that aren't going to cast him back down to the L1 on loan. He's under contract til 2012.

DeLorean
28/07/2009, 11:28 AM
we were right to get rid of Barry (31 and got got 12 million)

Barry is only 28. Plus he's not exactly reliant on pace so he'll be a good player for a long time yet. Ye were right to get rid of him because he wanted to go.

swinfordfc
28/07/2009, 12:39 PM
Barry is only 28. Plus he's not exactly reliant on pace so he'll be a good player for a long time yet. Ye were right to get rid of him because he wanted to go.

Sorry my mistake .......

swinfordfc
29/07/2009, 10:08 PM
s petrov is out for at least 3 months with his shoulder - more bad news - villa in real trouble now

DeLorean
30/07/2009, 9:43 AM
s petrov is out for at least 3 months with his shoulder - more bad news - villa in real trouble now

Massive loss. Probably their most important player now that Barry's gone. Took him time to find form at Villa but was excellent last season.

the scout
02/08/2009, 6:33 PM
Villa will struggle at start of season i feel. Lets see how they get on tonight in the Peace cup against juventus. i feel the 3 men upfront( Heskey Agbonlahor and Young) will need time to find their feet. Petrov is out for 3 months i think Dislocated Shoulder. They will struggle without Laursen and Barry and now they are without Knight who i think moved to Bolton or Fulham?. . Hope to get over to the Derby, Villa Vs Birmingham towards the end of next season! . Good luck Villa!

swinfordfc
02/08/2009, 7:33 PM
Villa will struggle at start of season i feel. Lets see how they get on tonight in the Peace cup against juventus. i feel the 3 men upfront( Heskey Agbonlahor and Young) will need time to find their feet. Petrov is out for 3 months i think Dislocated Shoulder. They will struggle without Laursen and Barry and now they are without Knight who i think moved to Bolton or Fulham?. . Hope to get over to the Derby, Villa Vs Birmingham towards the end of next season! . Good luck Villa!

petrov will be fine ... to start season and why would our stricker need time to find they feet ......... actually i was worry too but think they do ok but do need 5 players .....

the scout
02/08/2009, 7:59 PM
petrov will be fine ... to start season and why would our stricker need time to find they feet ......... actually i was worry too but think they do ok but do need 5 players .....

i just felt without that power in midfield heskey or carew might have to drop off the strikers a bit more and play a bit closer to the midfield. maybe it will take them a while to adjust who knows?

balls
02/08/2009, 10:59 PM
beat juve on pens in peace cup final. Great win all young kids on team seem to be flying

swinfordfc
03/08/2009, 11:30 AM
beat juve on pens in peace cup final. Great win all young kids on team seem to be flying

Guzan is a class goalie - he might start season as no. 1

Lichai is a sub right back - hope luke young get sorted soon ...... shorey did ok left back but cant wait for Bouma to come back - he's only a few weeks away .... Cuellar play very well with Davies in back 4 but we badly need 2 more central half ......

midfield - our wingers position are very interesting - albrighton looks class and with milner not back for training yet - he could start season ..... a young will play on other side ...... in centre when petrov got injured i was worry but reo coker and sidwell have play very well together in the peace cup but they do give the ball away alot in fairest - like to see them hold onto the ball more

up front Carew is the main man - sorry but Heskey is a poor man compared to Carew and Gabby up alongside him but for start of season maybe play young off Carew and play milner and albrighton on the wings .....

jebus
03/08/2009, 3:16 PM
Not a supporter but I have always liked the club . I'd echo that they will struggle this year without at least 3 key signings and a further 2 squad signings. Last year they got found out basically because they didn't have a squad, only used 21 players throughout the campaign I believe, and they've since lost Laursen permanently and Barry as well, probably the two players they could least afford to, at least in my eyes anyway.

If we're talking replacements I'd sign Richard Dunne, Fabian Delph, Alan Smith (versatile but depending on price, loan deal perhaps), Sebastian Bassong and Lee Cattermole if the money is at Villa for those players

swinfordfc
03/08/2009, 3:27 PM
Not a supporter but I have always liked the club . I'd echo that they will struggle this year without at least 3 key signings and a further 2 squad signings. Last year they got found out basically because they didn't have a squad, only used 21 players throughout the campaign I believe, and they've since lost Laursen permanently and Barry as well, probably the two players they could least afford to, at least in my eyes anyway.

If we're talking replacements I'd sign Richard Dunne, Fabian Delph, Alan Smith (versatile but depending on price, loan deal perhaps), Sebastian Bassong and Lee Cattermole if the money is at Villa for those players

fee agree for Fabian Delph - good squad player

the scout
03/08/2009, 6:02 PM

is this true? great signing if so!

Row Zed
05/08/2009, 3:02 PM
i hear that if joleon lescott goes to man city ....villa have been in talks with man city centre back richard dunne over a possible move 2 villa park:eek:

swinfordfc
05/08/2009, 9:26 PM
i hear that if joleon lescott goes to man city ....villa have been in talks with man city centre back richard dunne over a possible move 2 villa park:eek:

i wish its true but think your pulling our leg ..... ;)

the scout
06/08/2009, 11:27 AM
you never know what could happen thats football for you! :eek:

Row Zed
06/08/2009, 2:23 PM
i wish its true but think your pulling our leg ..... ;)
Its true .. who woulld you rather pick centre back Toure or Dunne :confused::confused:

swinfordfc
06/08/2009, 4:09 PM
Its true .. who woulld you rather pick centre back Toure or Dunne :confused::confused:

for villa - i have Dunner any day of the week ...... he be massive for villa

Row Zed
10/08/2009, 8:56 PM
Stephen hunt to Villa???

Row Zed
10/08/2009, 9:01 PM
When will Stewart Downing be fit to play:confused:

DeLorean
11/08/2009, 11:13 AM
When will Stewart Downing be fit to play:confused:

October at the earliest (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8151447.stm)

swinfordfc
11/08/2009, 3:36 PM
S Hunt wont be in signing for Villa - he would not make our team .......

Downing wont play till after xmas .......

Lionel Ritchie
13/08/2009, 10:25 AM
Echoing a fellow Leeds supporter on the BBC news comments ...You got a quality player there!

swinfordfc
16/08/2009, 8:39 AM
Villa need 2 proper centre half - they very poor today ....... distin and hangeland badly needed

balls
27/08/2009, 10:15 AM
great result against pool hope we can get win tonight in europe

osarusan
27/08/2009, 8:53 PM
Villa out - they won tonight 2-1, but out on away goals. They were leading 2-0, but conceded with about 15 mins left.

CF1989
27/08/2009, 11:21 PM
awful result for them, two good signings today though in dunne and warnock. still need a striker in my opinion who'll get them 20 goals or so

swinfordfc
29/08/2009, 6:53 PM
to be honest - i'm glad we are out of europe - o'neill does not cared about it as you seen against cska moscow last march ..... we can totally concentrate on the league now and have no excuses ...... hopefully dunne will sign by Tuesday .....

CF1989
30/08/2009, 10:13 PM
im sure he will sign.

good win today, good goal from agbonlahor. hes really bulked up and o'neill said hes been going mad working out in the gym, loan striker role for him this season he needed it.

balls
23/09/2009, 9:40 PM
gabby scores again tonight 4 in 4 for him now. roll on sat blackburn away hopefully another 3 points

swinfordfc
24/09/2009, 10:02 AM
gabby scores again tonight 4 in 4 for him now. roll on sat blackburn away hopefully another 3 points

Big game on sat - if we can win it - its 15pts out of a possible 18 which is savage but then we have 2 huge games - against man city and chelsea .....

Closed Account 2
25/09/2009, 12:03 AM
Villa are a good team but I fear for them if they pick up injuries... Dont quite have the strength in depth, Spurs were able to put a good string of results together but the wheels have come off the wagon now.

DeLorean
25/09/2009, 9:22 AM
Villa are a good team but I fear for them if they pick up injuries... Dont quite have the strength in depth, Spurs were able to put a good string of results together but the wheels have come off the wagon now.

Consecutive defeats to United and Chelsea shouldn't effect the confidence too much. 12pts out of 18 is good going. I'd say they would have nearly taken 3/9 v Liverpool/United/Chelsea anyway. A win against Burnley at the wkd will get them back on track.

I feared for Villa big time this season, but with the form of Agbonlahor and the signing of Dunne, things are looking up.

balls
26/09/2009, 4:49 PM
terrible result today really needed the three points with city and chelsea up next. We have to get at least 3 points now from these 2 games