PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Latest

Pages : [1] 2 3

Black and White
24/07/2009, 3:42 PM
Just thought I'd start this for ye lads for tonight. Its raining on and off here all afternoon for any Drogs fans coming up!

Ezeikial
24/07/2009, 4:04 PM
http://dundalkfc.com/news/090723_Drogheda.asp

Dundalk v Drogheda United
Friday July 24th
Oriel Park - 7.45
It's Louth Derby time again on Friday night in Oriel Park when Dundalk entertain Drogheda United (kick-off 7.45).Both sides will be highly motivated to win the three points so a cracker is in store for the Louth sporting public. Dundalk will be looking to go just five points behind (at least for a few days) fourth placed Derry City and ten points clear of the play-off places. Drogheda United wil be looking to get back to their good form before they lost 2-1 to Bray Wanderers last Friday night.

Team NewsDundalk have Michael Daly back in contention after missing the trip to Galway due to suspension. Dundalk have a number of injury concerns with Liam Burns (hamstring), Darren Mansaram (knee), Michael Collins (back), Tiarnan Mulvenna (knee) and Michael McGinlay (thigh strain) all battling to be fit in time.

Manager CommentsWriting in the Dundalk FC Magazine - Dundalk FC Manager Sean Connor stated: "We’re entering into this game under totally different circumstances than when we met Drogheda back in March. We went into that game on the back of two defeats, so there was a wee bit of tension trying to get our first win, but we’re on a very good run going into this one, so the circumstances have changed. We have also added five new players - Alex Williams, Kevin McKinlay, Michael McGowan, Peter Cherrie and Paul McAreavey - which has certainly given the squad a freshness, and although squad numbers are still at 17, what we have I think is 17 quality players and I think any one of the 17 players could be in the starting XI and it wouldn’t weaken the side, and that’s a position I love to be in."

Kelly Looking Forward To DerbyIn his column in the Dundalk FC Magazine - Dundalk right-back Shaun Kelly stated: "I can’t wait for this one. I think in the last one that we were unlucky getting Chris Turner sent off in the first half which kind of killed off the game, but hopefully this time it will be different. We’re on a good run now, winning five out of our last six games in all competitions, and we’ll be looking for another three points to follow up on last week’s good win at Galway United."
Drogs ViewDundalk welcome back many former players - many of whom played a big part in the club's promotion to the Premier Division last season. In an interview with the Dundalk FC Magazine - Paul Shiels stated: “This is the fourth time we’ve played Dundalk this year. The Malone Cup was a hectic game and there was a bit of fire in that one. If this was the first game since then, yes, you would like to go out and prove a point or whatever, but this is the fourth game and we have another one after this, so I think maybe we have forgotten about that, to be honest. We have all been around the league long enough to know that these things happen in football. We’ve all had three or four or five ex-clubs. Obviously, we would like to win and beat Dundalk up there, them being an ex-club, but I don’t think it’s an extra motivation at all. For us, we need three points to get out of the bottom three and that’s the main motivation for us, to be honest.”

Drogheda website preview:

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/fixtures/match/id/5963

Raheny Red
24/07/2009, 4:18 PM
Just thought I'd start this for ye lads for tonight. Its raining on and off here all afternoon for any Drogs fans coming up!

Bah fierce rivalry my arse, giving your neighbours weather reports that it's raining?! You should be telling them that there's glorious sunshine in the hope they end up getting pished on ;)

Dunny
24/07/2009, 4:24 PM
Bah fierce rivalry my arse, giving your neighbours weather reports that it's raining?! You should be telling them that there's glorious sunshine in the hope they end up getting pished on ;)

They're only out the road I think they'd figure it out...;)

There's glorious sunshine atm the minute actually.

Anyway...Radio streams

www.dundalkfm.ie
www.lmfm.ie

the-blue-harp
24/07/2009, 4:52 PM
are there any online links to watch any of tonights games?

Dunny
24/07/2009, 4:54 PM
are there any online links to watch any of tonights games?

No televised games tonight. Bohs v Rovers is on Setanta Sunday.

De Town
24/07/2009, 7:01 PM
Bray 1-0 Galway.

MeathDrog
24/07/2009, 7:06 PM
http://www.lmfm.ie/

Clicnk 'listen live' for Craptown V Drogs.

MeathDrog
24/07/2009, 7:07 PM
Dundalk 1-0 Drogs.

Ger Rowe. Sounds deserved. :(

MeathDrog
24/07/2009, 7:16 PM
1-1

Kenna you dazzler!!

MeathDrog
24/07/2009, 7:22 PM
Gibb S.O Drogs down to 10 men.

De Town
24/07/2009, 7:23 PM
UCD 1-0 Mervue.

Raheny Red
24/07/2009, 7:29 PM
Gibb S.O Drogs down to 10 men.

It says King on futbol24

De Town
24/07/2009, 7:30 PM
It says King on futbol24
Gibbs on extratime.

Dundalk 2-1 up now, Williams.

De Town
24/07/2009, 7:39 PM
Half times:

Bray 1-0 Galway
Dundalk 2-1 Drogs

UCD 1-0 Mervue

BillytheFin
24/07/2009, 8:03 PM
3-1 dundalk turner penalty

GuisaSaigon
24/07/2009, 8:08 PM
Bray 1-1 Galway - Garry Breen

BillytheFin
24/07/2009, 8:08 PM
4 - 1 to dundalk williams

saintmaniac
24/07/2009, 8:12 PM
Bloody hell, did not expect Drogheda to get torn apart like that.

Hoping Bray v Galway stays at 1-1...

BillytheFin
24/07/2009, 8:29 PM
drogheda missed pen

BillytheFin
24/07/2009, 8:33 PM
4 - 2 chambers for drogheda

De Town
24/07/2009, 8:34 PM
4 - 2 chambers for drogheda

Says Barrett on extratime?

De Town
24/07/2009, 8:39 PM
Says Barrett on extratime?

Just changed it to Chambers now.

BillytheFin
24/07/2009, 8:39 PM
they have corrected it on extratime.ie now

Paddyfield
24/07/2009, 8:41 PM
Barrett missed a peno

De Town
24/07/2009, 8:41 PM
Bray 1-2 Galway, still playing.

Dundalk 4-2 Drogs
UCD 1-0 Mervue

Both results.

Paddyfield
24/07/2009, 8:42 PM
Who else but ex Bray man Jay O'Shea scored in last minute for GUFC.

gufct
24/07/2009, 8:43 PM
cOULD BE jAYOS LAST GOAL SWEET.

De Town
24/07/2009, 8:43 PM
Who else but ex Bray man Jay O'Shea scored in last minute for GUFC.

Surely another €50k onto his price tag.

De Town
24/07/2009, 8:45 PM
All over, 1-2.

Paddyfield
Surely another €50k onto his price tag.

He's supposed to be joining Middlesboro next week.

How many goals has he scored for Galway United against Bray?

GuisaSaigon
I hear there were scouts there :rolleyes: :D

De Town
24/07/2009, 8:46 PM

Yup, the Carlisle Grounds were packed to the rafters tonight with scouts from every club in England looking at him.

gilberto_eire
24/07/2009, 8:58 PM

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0724/bray_galway.html

Bray Wanderers 1-2 Galway United
Friday, 24 July 2009 21:52

The scouts came to watch Jay O'Shea by the seaside and the Irish Under-21 ace gave them food for thought by grabbing a 90th-minute winner at the Carlisle Grounds against his former club.

.... Yup according to RTE they were :D

DmanDmythDledge
24/07/2009, 9:00 PM
Well they were down to ten men in fairness.

Terry
24/07/2009, 9:04 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0724/bray_galway.html

Bray Wanderers 1-2 Galway United
Friday, 24 July 2009 21:52

The scouts came to watch Jay O'Shea by the seaside and the Irish Under-21 ace gave them food for thought by grabbing a 90th-minute winner at the Carlisle Grounds against his former club.

.... Yup according to RTE they were :D

hahaha.... best of luck to him. He could be leaving on a good note, well from a Galwegian point of view anyway :D

Ezeikial
24/07/2009, 9:43 PM
Watch out on MSN for two really cool, classy goals by Alex Williams from tonights Dundalk V Drogheda match - this guy has ice for blood! Thats now 4 goals in 4 games for him, and I suspect we have a lot more to see from him as his fitness continues to improve.

Yet again tonight the contest was seriously affected by a first half sending off. I thought it was tough on Scott Gibbs, who was making his debut for Drogheda, but by the standards of LoI referreeing pretty inevitable.

centre mid
24/07/2009, 10:30 PM

Paul Hart was there tonight interestingly enough.

peadar1987
24/07/2009, 10:37 PM
Congratulations Galway. I don't know how we let that one get away. I think Skippy only made one proper save all game!

Black and White
24/07/2009, 11:30 PM
I though Gibbs desewrved his red tonight, he nearly took mcKinleys head clean off with an elbow and got deservedly booked and then on the same player he went two footed in on him, straight red but as he was already on a yellow, Id say thats why he was only given another booking! Some would say its tough but in fairness, Chris Turner was sent off in Utd Park earlier this season for BEING fouled and then heading the ball! so tough luck! Drogheda where pretty awful esp Barrett who would fit right in in a sumo wrestling competition, very heavy looking

oriel
24/07/2009, 11:59 PM

Why not , result was hardly a surprise.

Black and White
25/07/2009, 12:05 AM
Chris Turner...4 peno's in 3 games versus Drawda...must be a record!

MeathDrog
25/07/2009, 12:06 AM
Chris Turner was sent off in Utd Park earlier this season for BEING fouled and then heading the ball! so tough luck! Drogheda where pretty awful esp Barrett who would fit right in in a sumo wrestling competition, very heavy looking
Feckoff with your rose tinted glasses. Turner got a 2nd yellow that night for nearly decapitating a player.

Black and White
25/07/2009, 12:08 AM
Feckoff with your rose tinted glasses. Turner got a 2nd yellow that night for nearly decapitating a player.

Turner headed the ball that night, even the flipping clowns on MNS agreed for once that he was harsly sent off. Enjoy the hammering tonight btw...theres more to come! Also says alot...your from Meath, what the hell do you know about foorball!

SMorgan
25/07/2009, 12:09 AM
I thought it was tough on Scott Gibbs, who was making his debut for Drogheda, but by the standards of LoI referreeing pretty inevitable.

I don't recall his first yellow but I think the tackle that got him the second yellow should have been a straight red card. The only difference between Gibbs tackle and the tackle that got Daly sent-off against Bohs, was the theatrics of Killian Brannan.

Behave yourselves. Con Murphy must have been wearing the same glasses because even he said that McKeon got that decision badly wrong and that all Turner did was head the ball. But I listen we all understand the emotions you must be feeling when posting your message. 4-2

Black and White
25/07/2009, 12:10 AM
I don't recall his first yellow but I think the tackle that got him the second yellow should have been a straight red card. The only difference between Gibbs tackle and the tackle that got Daly sent-off against Bohs, was the theatrics of Killian Brannan.

Yes...this chap is a Drog.....(please fill the blank in yourself)!!

MeathDrog
25/07/2009, 2:05 AM
Turner headed the ball that night, even the flipping clowns on MNS agreed for once that he was harsly sent off. Enjoy the hammering tonight btw...theres more to come! Also says alot
He went in high with the elbow and got a deserved 2nd yellow.

...your from Meath, what the hell do you know about foorball!

Well observed, very vigiliant of you. I am from Meath, and YOU'RE from Louth.

Black and White
25/07/2009, 9:02 AM
He went in high with the elbow and got a deserved 2nd yellow.

Well observed, very vigiliant of you. I am from Meath, and YOU'RE from Louth.

Yes and look what happened when ye tried to move a team outa Louth and into Meath...the club nearly went belly up! WELL DONE SIR, well done!

peadar1987
25/07/2009, 10:05 AM
Yes and look what happened when ye tried to move a team outa Louth and into Meath...the club nearly went belly up! WELL DONE SIR, well done!

Ah, the well known magical properties of the Meath border!

MeathDrog
25/07/2009, 12:12 PM
Sorry but that was a woeful response that makes little or no sense.