PDA

View Full Version : Buying webspace

Pauro 76
24/07/2009, 3:02 PM
Designing a website for my brother (not Martinho!) and wondering what the best way/deals to buy a web page? Is it much hassle?

dahamsta
24/07/2009, 6:55 PM
What exactly are you looking for P76? It it a personal site or a business site? If the former, get yourself a domain name and hosting from a well-known domain registrar and use their help files to get started. If it's a business site, particularly if the target market is Irish, you should get hosted in Ireland and/or on an Irish domain name.

Gimme a shout if that's the case and I'll hook you up, that's what I do when I'm not banning people here. I operate my own servers in the CIX data centre in Cork, of which I'm a non-exec director. I'm not dirt cheap but that shouldn't be the priority for business hosting, and, well, you know where I am if something goes wrong. :)

adam

Pauro 76
25/07/2009, 12:01 PM
It's for my brother's building service in Dublin, not quite sure what we're aiming for just yet, it might be just for promotional purposes or but there may be more, we're not quite sure yet. When we get nearer the planning of it, I'll pm ya, cheers Adam!

Dodge
25/07/2009, 1:20 PM
Just to back up dahamsta's customer service. Lightning quick, and he's able to dumb it down for the likes of me too

Gareth
25/07/2009, 2:28 PM
www.siteground.com are solid.

paul_oshea
26/07/2009, 1:27 PM
Just to back up dahamsta's customer service. Lightning quick, and he's able to dumb it down for the likes of me too

which in fairness he would need to do ;) :p

Dodge
26/07/2009, 2:18 PM
I'm glad you understood the point there POS

Well done

dahamsta
26/07/2009, 3:16 PM
It's for my brother's building service in Dublin, not quite sure what we're aiming for just yet, it might be just for promotional purposes or but there may be more, we're not quite sure yet. When we get nearer the planning of it, I'll pm ya, cheers Adam!Do P76, advice is free and I can help with webdev too if necessary.

Just to back up dahamsta's customer service. Lightning quick, and he's able to dumb it down for the likes of me tooThanks for the recommendation Dodge. I'll resist the obvious... :)