PDA

View Full Version : media spin from galway

gael353
23/07/2009, 6:19 PM
anyone here getting sick to the teeth of the spin comming from Galway? i know clubs are in trouble but articles about the "scouts wathing J O'Shea" are ten too many right now. Gaway 0 Dundalk 3....upto four scouts were in the crowd watching JOS.....Galway 0 someone 4....Former Man u great and now scout for someone gordon mcqueen was in the crowd watching JOS ....

and when the article about jos is over a mere mention of the game.

Ive seen him twice this year and hes been ****!
best of luck to galway in trying to whore him off for a bit of money but spare us the crap spin in all the papers

GuisaSaigon
23/07/2009, 6:51 PM
Spin? since when did Galway United start writing articles for newspapers, I haven't seen one press release from United that has mentioned scouts. If reporters want to tell people who was in the crowd at a game they can.
It's common knowledge that O'Shea has been watched by a large number of scouts. I dont think Nick Leeson is making it up!

eamo1
23/07/2009, 7:17 PM
There has been scouts at most games.Its fact-not fiction.Theres also 10 different rumours going around about where hes going.Boro getting him for 70k.If we had sold him to Derby last January we would have got 200k but Paul Jewel got sacked and the deal fell through.ITS NOT SPIN!!!!

centre mid
23/07/2009, 7:19 PM
I've always found it mad, I think there are better players at Galway, although I dont see him week in week out anymore.

Gareth
23/07/2009, 7:27 PM
I heard extra seating is being installed in Terryland for the next home game to accommodate the scouts coming to watch Jay.

Mr Maroon
23/07/2009, 7:29 PM
He's massively overrated IMO.

Guitd
23/07/2009, 7:30 PM
I heard extra seating is being installed in Terryland for the next home game to accommodate the scouts coming to watch Jay.

hope hes gone before the next home game we need the money if hes not gone by then there might not be another home game:eek:

gael353
23/07/2009, 7:36 PM
Spin? since when did Galway United start writing articles for newspapers,

ehhh excuse me? you are aware of your chairman who wrote ALL the articles for your club for the last number of years and im guessing still does.

its obvious what your club is doing, touting JOS to whoever and saying "look what the papers are saying about him"

and yes there maybe scouts at the games as there are at many other clubs games but stories about the scouts are pathetic and are only comming from one club.

saintmaniac
23/07/2009, 7:51 PM
I've always found it mad, I think there are better players at Galway, although I dont see him week in week out anymore.

He's only amazing vs Pats this season apparently. ;)

GuisaSaigon
23/07/2009, 8:21 PM
ehhh excuse me? you are aware of your chairman who wrote ALL the articles for your club for the last number of years and im guessing still does.

John Fallon has not reported on Galway United in years, he does a small column in a little read free paper. He rarely writes about United and as of last season has nothing to do with the club.
As for O'Shea there probably wont be too much more speculation, Pat Scully was in Terryland last week, I'd imagine Jay will be a Limerick ____( Insert this year's club name here) player any day now!

Mr Maroon
23/07/2009, 8:24 PM

That's not true.

pixiehead
23/07/2009, 9:28 PM
anyone here getting sick to the teeth of the spin comming from Galway? i know clubs are in trouble but articles about the "scouts wathing J O'Shea" are ten too many right now. Gaway 0 Dundalk 3....upto four scouts were in the crowd watching JOS.....Galway 0 someone 4....Former Man u great and now scout for someone gordon mcqueen was in the crowd watching JOS ....

best of luck to galway in trying to whore him off for a bit of money but spare us the crap spin in all the papers

No body asked you to read the articles. Ill tell you what im sick of!! Seeing embarrsing grounds like jackman park on MNS!! Concentrate on your own club good boy!!

gufc2000
23/07/2009, 9:44 PM

Wrong! Thats incorrect.

Won't complain if that happens, at least the ground will be full! :)

Mr A
23/07/2009, 10:04 PM
Spin from Galway United? The general line from the club is that if this takeover doesn't happen they're screwed- not quite the master propagandists of old!

Schumi
23/07/2009, 10:41 PM
Ill tell you what im sick of!! Seeing embarrsing grounds like jackman park on MNS!!
You must be watching a different MNS to the rest of us.

Terry
24/07/2009, 7:19 AM

its obvious what your club is doing, touting JOS to whoever and saying "look what the papers are saying about him"

and yes there maybe scouts at the games as there are at many other clubs games but stories about the scouts are pathetic and are only comming from one club.

Fallon doesnt write about GUFC at all. Also, he is NOT our chairman :rolleyes: . These reports are only in our local newspapers so Im guessing that your actually going out to find them and read them yourself as to us fans posting them here none stop? ACTUALLY, can you show me on this forum (bar the GUFC section) where all this posting about scouts is ?

pixiehead
24/07/2009, 9:47 AM
You must be watching a different MNS to the rest of us.

Ford Cup Highlights smart arse

Dunny
24/07/2009, 9:50 AM
Ford Cup Highlights smart arse

WTF is the Ford Cup?:confused:

It was a 1:30 segment for Christ's sake...:rolleyes:

SMorgan
24/07/2009, 9:53 AM
I've seen O'Shea a couple of times this season and he hasn't impressed me one bit. IMHO he needs to work harder and do a little less show-boating. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if nobody is interested in him.

eamo1
24/07/2009, 10:36 AM
He is overrated,hes so lazy,wont tackle(in case he breaks a nail),wont track back and is afraid to shoot on sight.That said though he CAN dribble and CAN pop one in the top corner from 30yards when he could be bothered.He's also good for getting "a man over" as 2 players frequently come to close him down and he gives the ball a fancy little flick and takes the 2 players out of the game giving us an extra man.We rarely take advantage of it though.He is NOT a premier league player,or a Championship player for that matter.We still should have got 200k for him though:p.
He wants to advance his career though so hes definalty not going to Limerick;).

balanced view
24/07/2009, 12:10 PM

Are you actually serious.you should be more concerned with Pat Scullys "man management" and how he is treating our players than having a pop off Galway.

L37Ultra
24/07/2009, 12:35 PM
Are you actually serious.you should be more concerned with Pat Scullys "man management" and how he is treating our players than having a pop off Galway.

What's that got to do with anything in all fairness? :o

Duggie
24/07/2009, 12:58 PM
was it the star i was reading today where it says boro looking at him for e70,000. FFS thats a joke.

gufct
24/07/2009, 1:06 PM

Our ex-chairman hasnt covered a gufc game in about 5 years and the majority of the spin has come from Dublin based reporters. The deal that was done with Derby last season was far more than €250,000 that was in the papers and Paul Jewell resigned 2 days before the transfer window opened he wasnt sacked.

Must be very boring today in Limerick.

De Town
24/07/2009, 1:17 PM
was it the star i was reading today where it says boro looking at him for e70,000. FFS thats a joke.

Yeah exactly what are they at offering €70k for him?:eek:

Demoshield
24/07/2009, 1:23 PM

Gald to see the sad lims folk are still obsessed with Galway.
You really must have a sad little life. If you are going to slag off a club at least get some of your facts right.
You didn't seem to have a problem with the FAI when they were trying to whore off "United of Limerick City Rovers 987654321 FC" (or whatever you call yourselves this month) all over the world, to anyone who had a granny that nearly landed in Shannon once.
By the way how are the plans for that magnificent stadium, training facilities & and million dollar investment in that fine club of yours going?
Me personally I much rather be reading about
Kildare 0 Limerick somethimng or other FC 0, in the papers. It just so much more exciting.
"scouts wathing J O'Shea" What exactly is this? Is that legal in this country? If so can we charge them to do it to Jay? Could be a nice little earner, thanks for bringing it to our attention!

passerrby
24/07/2009, 3:06 PM
it would appear to me that jay is receiving far to must attention from the catholic boys scouts of ireland ,dib dib dib.

dcfcsteve
24/07/2009, 7:12 PM

Galway need to sell JOS, and so are doing their best to cast him in a positive light. Shock horror !

Hardly a big deal in fairness.....

ped_ped
24/07/2009, 9:04 PM

Ill tell you what im sick of!! Seeing embarrsing grounds like jackman park on MNS!! Concentrate on your own club good boy!!

Ladies, please... :rolleyes:

I think we all have more to worry about than newspaper articles touting Jay O'She for tranfer. FFS articles about Tevez going to Madrid - no; Liverpool - wait; Man City... bothered me far more.

Plus, Jay O'Shea scout articles are hardly front/back page news so unless you're on the look-out for Galway news they're not that hard to avoid.

Da Real Rover
25/07/2009, 9:46 AM
I agree with what the Limerick fans say. :)

Dodge
25/07/2009, 9:59 AM
Whether O'Shea is any use or not, what the league needs is more positive spin

We've enough outsiders telling us the players are rubbish...