We sold some drugs to some children...

Rovers Maniac
23/07/2009, 8:07 PM

:D:D:D

sligoman
23/07/2009, 8:07 PM
not been smart but thought ye were in a tight spot money wise
Exactly what I was thinking!Release high earners, sign ones on less money...not rocket science.

Oh and we also held a few housewives to ransom...

Black and White
23/07/2009, 8:20 PM

Wouldnt put it past ye, some very shadey characters around Sligo back in April when we played ye, and no they where not up from Dundalk!

GuisaSaigon
23/07/2009, 8:23 PM
Are the strickers any good?

Dunny
23/07/2009, 8:24 PM
How about Darren Mansaram on a free lads...?;):o

Rovers1
23/07/2009, 8:24 PM
Fandaboulous

Mr Maroon
23/07/2009, 8:26 PM
What kind of formation is Cook planning on using that has strickers in it?

GuisaSaigon
23/07/2009, 8:27 PM
http://www.pgatour.com/players/00/65/27/

sligo23
23/07/2009, 8:37 PM
Wouldnt put it past ye, some very shadey characters around Sligo back in April when we played ye, and no they where not up from Dundalk!
Yeah, but they were up from Dundalk:p

whinnie01
23/07/2009, 9:55 PM
how many players were released to balance the books

MyTown
23/07/2009, 10:09 PM
Best of Luck to Michael McGrath. I thought he did well for us & am sorry to see him go.

Hairy Bowsie
23/07/2009, 10:17 PM
Isn't there a Sligo section on this forum?

Oh and the poster who said about selling the drugs to kids, genius stuff :D best post i've seen on here in ages.

Terry
24/07/2009, 7:23 AM
Could someone post the list of high earners that were released to balance the books?

P.S. Thanks for the money for McGrath, half decent player, only has about 60minutes in him for some reason, would be a good first division player.

brianw82
24/07/2009, 7:42 AM
Apparantly Keith Foy wasn't fat after all. He just had his shirt stuffed with money. He gave it to us in exchange for a salad.

Redie
24/07/2009, 10:56 AM
Could someone post the list of high earners that were released to balance the books?

P.S. Thanks for the money for McGrath, half decent player, only has about 60minutes in him for some reason, would be a good first division player.

Well so far Sean Doherty, Mauro Almedia and Shaun Holmes have been released - how high up the food chain they were I couldn't tell you.

I don't have any inside information whatsoever but I can only assume that having signed close to 10 players in the space of a couple of weeks we must have been too conservative with our budget estimate at the start of the season and that the Management Committee are happy that we will be well inside the 65% rule by the end of the season because it now looks like all a club has to do to avoid relegation is stay within that 65% limit.

Having said all that I'd be very surprised if we handed over any cash for McGrath - or any other player.

longfordjames
24/07/2009, 10:59 AM
Eoin Doyle and Kendrick is quality!Ye will just about stay up now as FD would have occured without these signings.

Rovers1
24/07/2009, 11:03 AM
We should be a different team from now on. If everything goes to plan, Horny and Raf will bang the goals in, watch Rommy second half of season too, back in a better position, behind the front two. Kendrick, and hopefully Marty will bring a bit of stability to the back four, Morrsion will hopefully pull the finger out too. I'm looking forward to seeing Doyle too, he's been quite good every time he's played against us.

Ezeikial
24/07/2009, 11:08 AM
Having said all that I'd be very surprised if we handed over any cash for McGrath - or any other player.

The days of transfer fees between LoI clubs will be few and far between for the foreseeable future.

Rovers Maniac
24/07/2009, 11:16 AM

Money:D, transfer fee :D, You would not be able to buy a chomp bar with what was given for McGrath.

Doc was meant to be very high up the wage bill, and so was Mauro Almeida.

Shiba
24/07/2009, 8:37 PM
Well so far Sean Doherty, Mauro Almedia and Shaun Holmes have been released - how high up the food chain they were I couldn't tell you.

I don't have any inside information whatsoever but I can only assume that having signed close to 10 players in the space of a couple of weeks we must have been too conservative with our budget estimate at the start of the season and that the Management Committee are happy that we will be well inside the 65% rule by the end of the season because it now looks like all a club has to do to avoid relegation is stay within that 65% limit.

When was Holmes releases?

Terry
24/07/2009, 9:05 PM
Money:D, transfer fee :D, You would not be able to buy a chomp bar with what was given for McGrath.

Doc was meant to be very high up the wage bill, and so was Mauro Almeida.

Your sources? or, are chomp bars far more expensive in sligo than everywhere else?

red bellied
24/07/2009, 9:24 PM
Your sources? or, are chomp bars far more expensive in sligo than everywhere else?

Yeah got Maniac there. It was a whole case of chomps, they got a deal in the cash and carry. Your source for the transfer fee is?

Terry
24/07/2009, 9:27 PM
Yeah got Maniac there. It was a whole case of chomps, they got a deal in the cash and carry. Your source for the transfer fee is?

club member

red bellied
24/07/2009, 9:32 PM
How much I need entertaining?

Ezeikial
24/07/2009, 9:47 PM
Stop pulling our chains guys.

You can't be seriously suggesting that Sligo paid a fee for McGrath.

dcfcsteve
24/07/2009, 9:48 PM
What kind of formation is Cook planning on using that has strickers in it?

Red Arrows display formation.

sligoman
24/07/2009, 10:15 PM
When was Holmes releases?Yesterday.

Sam_Heggy
25/07/2009, 12:55 AM
Holmes to Coleraine I hear, madness from Sligo if that's the case, they would have paid a fee. The bought both Shields and Mukendi off us in the past 2 seasons and we wanted rid, I think a combined of €9,000 was paid.
Ah well Sligo's loss.

Terry
25/07/2009, 9:00 AM
You can't be seriously suggesting that Sligo paid a fee for McGrath.

you can't be seriously suggesting that leeson let someone go on a free.

Da Real Rover
25/07/2009, 9:38 AM
you can't be seriously suggesting that leeson let someone go on a free.
How much did we pay for him so?

sligoman
25/07/2009, 10:54 AM
you can't be seriously suggesting that leeson let someone go on a free.Beggars can't be choosers. If you're in as deep trouble as ye are making out to be then Leeson would be glad to get players off the wage bill. A lot of your players are being offered around the place because Leeson's mad to offload people.

redobit
25/07/2009, 1:08 PM
Between releasing players, europe, extended cup runs, setanta back on track id say we might have a bit more leaway when it comes to cash in he second half of the season.
Considering the two men we have running our club at the moment, I cant see us making signings we cant afford.
Oh and those pesky houswives have been sorted out.