PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 2-0 Pats

Pages : [1] 2 3

1st time post
22/07/2009, 7:09 PM
Biggest game of the year for us so far, a win brings them right back to us but a loss and its trouble...Its great to see the new signings to freshen up our squad but only worry is how long it will take them to gel. However given pats are away in Malta this week and remembering how tired we were after Albania im gonna go with a 2-0 win for us woth goals from Blinkhorn and Turner and hopefully finally turn the corner with our league form.

sligofan4ever
22/07/2009, 7:43 PM
Im going to go with a win provided everyone (bar Ryan) is fit.

On paper we have a better team than what we started the season with IMO, and quite possibly, a better team than Pats.

-------------Brush-------------
Keane--Peers----Ventre--Kendrick
Morrison--O'Grady--Boco(?)--Doyle
--------Cretaro--Blinkhorn-------

Best of all, that team should be available on sunday. Kendrick will offer much more defensively (which we need) than Holmes did, Peers returning is a massive boost too. Its hard to say who plays centre midfield, Boco may fill in to provide our strikers with something or Kizzy Kelly could play there again after whats been hailed by Cook as "an outstanding performance", anyone else think he deserves another start in centre midfield ? Doyle will be more lively and offer more than Doherty has this season with Morrison adding the creative style of play too our midfield. Blinkhorn looks like he can possibly be one of our best players when hes match fit and at times was outstanding last saturday according to Cook, while I dont think I really have to say anything about Raff.

Prediciton: 2-0 to us Raff and Blinkhorn to score.

Rovers Maniac
22/07/2009, 8:47 PM
Not confident at all about this, i think we might sneak but just about.

d rovers
23/07/2009, 9:19 AM
i'm confident - 2-0 rovers with blinkhorn & raf to score.

redobit
23/07/2009, 12:14 PM
Looking at that team and my first inpression is that it aint too shabby.

Rory H
23/07/2009, 2:59 PM
The team news on the website now.

Fancy us to get a win, reckon we should go with a team of new signings for craic

red arrow
23/07/2009, 4:45 PM
i see peers is still out according to the web page.

SligoBrewer
23/07/2009, 9:25 PM
Flanagan to get a hat trick of scores.

Mayo Red
24/07/2009, 7:53 AM
I'll go for a 1-1 draw. With all the new signings, not sure how quickly they'll gel together but in the perilous position we're in it'd want to happen fast!

Redie
24/07/2009, 10:28 AM
I'll go for a 1-1 draw. With all the new signings, not sure how quickly they'll gel together but in the perilous position we're in it'd want to happen fast!

O'Brien is a major signing for them and needs to be watched. We desperately need to improve on our home record and this is the ideal opportunity to make a start. I think we'll get the win we badly need.

Well Red
24/07/2009, 11:34 AM
No more red cards or even yellow if we can avoid them, our pool of available players is too small and we will need everyone available to keep up in the top division and have a good run in the cups. Put a smile back on our faces Rovers!:D

brianw82
24/07/2009, 2:04 PM
They have to be tired after their exploits yesterday. A 1-0 would be most welcome.

Knappagh Red
24/07/2009, 3:13 PM
Can't see a big crowd for this one, there's a fastest spud picker competition in Coolaney at Coolaneyfest 2009 this weekend

brianw82
24/07/2009, 3:23 PM
Can't see a big crowd for this one, there's a fastest spud picker competition in Coolaney at Coolaneyfest 2009 this weekend

Didn't know this was on. To hell with the Rovers, spud picking all the way! :D

dong
24/07/2009, 9:08 PM
We have a great opportunity now with Bray and The Drogs losing tonight.

red arrow
24/07/2009, 9:31 PM
i heard we still will have no central defender as peers is still out and the clearance papers for the new guy (martin) wont be through on time.

sligofan4ever
24/07/2009, 9:36 PM
i heard we still will have no central defender as peers is still out and the clearance papers for the new guy (martin) wont be through on time.

Feeney still injured ? and I would presume Danny Ventre is available.

Dodge
24/07/2009, 10:45 PM
Pats only got into Dublin late tonight, flight delyaed from malta. They'll be shattered after the game in 40 degree heat on Thursday

I'd expect Sligo to be fresher, and therefore win

Redkenrover
25/07/2009, 12:07 AM

Is there anywhere I can download an application form to enter this!!!:p

Da Real Rover
25/07/2009, 8:36 AM
Cant see us winning tbh.
But I think the most likely outcome will be a draw after all Pats must be shattered after Malta.
And I think that Kizzy would be a good addition to the team, he provides drive and incision into our midfield, something we had been lacking with O'Grady and Ryan.

The Midget Gem
25/07/2009, 1:40 PM
I'm going for 0-0 as I can't see us scoring.
But a win would be huge, would really bring Pats into the mix. A loss and we are 7pts adrift!

Todays paper is tipping us to win.

celticV3
25/07/2009, 3:44 PM
I'm going for 0-0 as I can't see us scoring.
But a win would be huge, would really bring Pats into the mix. A loss and we are 7pts adrift!

Todays paper is tipping us to win.
How was oxygen?

The Midget Gem
25/07/2009, 4:25 PM
How was oxygen?
Not as good as your mother last night!

celticV3
25/07/2009, 5:22 PM
Not as good as your mother last night!
Not very good then?:confused:

Rovers fan
25/07/2009, 5:38 PM
Not very good then?:confused:

How do you know how good your mother is?:eek::p

Da Real Rover
25/07/2009, 5:52 PM
EVERYBODY knows how good his mother is.

celticV3
25/07/2009, 5:54 PM
Midget told me.

Rovers1
25/07/2009, 5:55 PM
EVERYBODY knows how good his mother is.

She must be taking lessons from you, CV3;)

apo11o
25/07/2009, 6:03 PM
2 0 to Rovers:D

avvenalaf
25/07/2009, 8:57 PM
2 0 to Rovers:D

Looked more like 2 0 to Midget.

sligofan4ever
26/07/2009, 12:52 AM
Any word on wheter Camano will be available tomorrow ? It seems we will only have Feeney and Ventre at CB if hes not available. The sooner Peers is back the better, havent kept a clean sheet since he got injured :(.

red arrow
26/07/2009, 8:56 AM
no camano will not be available. his clearance did not come through in time

kdjaC
26/07/2009, 1:26 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-pats-live-commentary

Commentary for any far away people should be on there.

rovers100%
26/07/2009, 4:43 PM
i think we can do a job on them tonight they will be wrecked from travelling, also alan keane is 9/1 to score anytime its a good bet considering he is our penalty taker

nechayev
26/07/2009, 8:52 PM
right - enough of this dallying with relegation dog fights.... we've turned the corner / stepped into the light / made a new beginning / showed a lot of character etc etc etc.... now to push on blissfully to mid-table-mediocrity!

cup double anyone?

DIMITRI

sligofan4ever
26/07/2009, 8:57 PM
Brilliant performance, 2 quality goals, all our new signings played well, our whole squad in general played well, alls I can say is thats more like it!

We look a much better team, not one bad performance tonight, Kendrick is already much better defensively,Doyle is more lively than Cash and scored a lovely goal, Blinkhorn is going to be a brilliant player and Marshall in the time he had was very lively and looks very promising, McGrath looked very lively and looks like he might be more effective than Ryan has been this season. Boco was my MOTM, never gave up, kept going, and wasnt afraid to take on players. Keep it up Rovers!.

rovers100%
26/07/2009, 9:35 PM
great display from all the players, a real effort put in tonight and we played some football at times that reminded me of last year. blinkhorn is gonna be top class, thought mcgrath done well and kendrick looks like he played all his life with us he was so comfortable. two lads on the wings looked good. i think we can go on a good run now !!!

red arrow
26/07/2009, 10:00 PM
great to get the win and a good solid performance. hopefuly peers will be back for next week and that we can go from strength to strength. the attitude was 1st class tonight. i also thought that the crowd was;nt to bad for a sunday evening

Well Red
26/07/2009, 10:14 PM
Great win Rovers just what was needed and so much to play for till the end of the season. Lets just keep the support up and let these young players that we are right behind them.

showgies
26/07/2009, 10:54 PM
Great performance and result. Boco for me was MOTM, his link play with Morrison is exciting and his strength in defending is reassuring. All debutees can be proud of themselves, all gave solid performances.

If anything this game will give the squad and supporters confidence for the remainder of the season.

drovers called it correctly, 2-0 and Blinkhorn got one.

Rovers Maniac
26/07/2009, 11:03 PM
Great result, really badly needed as well, totally agree with Showgies Boco was superb a quality footballer. Thought Morrison was decent tonight and Blinkhorn was very good. All the lads making their debuts played well with Doyle taking his goal well. Hopefully we can put a run together in the coming weeks and push on, bloody nice leaving the showgrounds with a win.

sligoman
26/07/2009, 11:10 PM
Great result. They were all good really so don't want to single out anyone in particular but Kendrick & Doyle deserve a mention considering it was their first game, look like very good signings. Morrison had his best game for us since joining imo, tracked back and all:eek: hope he keeps it going. Good to see Boco at right back too, played really well. We should beat Galway next week too, especially if Peers is back.

Rovers fan
26/07/2009, 11:16 PM
Boco's arguably been our best player this season. I'm really optimistic about things now. Had a feeling we would beat pats tonight. With them being away in Europe (playing at a very high temperature, and only getting back on saturday afaik) coupled with the fact that we had the new signings available.

I suppose we are taking a bit of a risk in bringing in so many new players half way through the season, but it was a risk we had to take. In fairness it was good to get cashie, holmes and doc off the wage bill. None of them were doing much for us.

Doyle took his goal very well and as sf4e said, he's a big improvement on cash. He has pace and isn't afraid to have a go at the full-back.

Kendrick was absolutely brilliant imo. There's no comparsion between him and holmes. He was very strong in the tackle and has the potential to be one of our best players.

Blinkhorn is exactly the type of player we needed and hopefully he can form a good partnership with raf.

McGrath too was good, I nearly thought the ref (who was useless) was gonna send him off for the sliding tackle.

Pats scumbags standing over raf and shouting at him when he was down injured. Harris (?) should have been sent off. Nice to see fabio having a useless game when he came on too!

The main thing is we have some pace down the wings now:

Boco kendrick
morrison Doyle

That's so much better than what we had. With Blinky up front and hopefully peers to come back soon, we have the potential to go on a very good run (a la Dundalk) which could see us move right up the table, Starting next week at galway (we're 7/4 to beat Galway, I'll be having some of that!).

sligofan4ever
26/07/2009, 11:20 PM
If this is a sign of things too come, I cant wait to see what Inside Man has to say at the end of the season.

TheBoss
26/07/2009, 11:21 PM
Looking at the RTÉ match report, who is the unused sub Devaney ?

sligofan4ever
26/07/2009, 11:21 PM
In fairness it was good to get cashie, holmes and doc off the wage bill. None of them were doing much for us .

When was Cash released ?

sligofan4ever
26/07/2009, 11:22 PM
Looking at the RTÉ match report, who is the unused sub Devaney ?

Keeper for our U-20's team.

prodsc
26/07/2009, 11:26 PM
Much better performance tonight. I was worried about too many new fellas in the team to gel properly but they did good. Thanks lads.

My MOM was Keane, Danny was suspect again. If Peers is fit next game I think DV needs to be rested, keep Keane at CB and Boco at RB. Conor looks a bit slow.

The ref was brutal, again!!

Onwards and Upwards, C'mon ROVERS!

sligoman
26/07/2009, 11:26 PM
Looking at the RTÉ match report, who is the unused sub Devaney ?Aidan Devaney.
Nice to see fabio having a useless game when he came on too!Fabio played the full 90minutes;)

srfc1928
26/07/2009, 11:31 PM
http://www.rob-clarkson.com/duff-brewery/blinky/02.gif
Quality