PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 2-0 Pats

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Redie
29/07/2009, 3:07 PM
Or maybe he's to battle for his place in the starting XI now that there's competition for places.

Certainly that does no harm at all but at least he is keen to battle for his place, there have been plenty who were happy to sit on the bench and collect their wages every week!

redobit
29/07/2009, 3:08 PM
Or maybe he's to battle for his place in the starting XI now that there's competition for places.

Thats definetly got somthing to do with it. PC was saying after the game in Mooneys that he was working really hard at training all week.

Da Real Rover
29/07/2009, 4:22 PM
I dont agree with the abuse Morrison gets at all.
All season he has tried (and sometimes failed) when so many didnt try at all.
The abuse he gets is reminiscint of the abuse Faz used to get.
Buffs seemed to have a particular distaste for both players, I dont think they like a player that can keep the ball, rather a good game of gah where the ball is lumped up the pitch.

dublinred
29/07/2009, 5:17 PM
The abuse he gets is reminiscint of the abuse Faz used to get.
Buffs seemed to have a particular distaste for both players, I dont think they like a player that can keep the ball, rather a good game of gah where the ball is lumped up the pitch.

Are they the Grange or the Ballymote Buffs?

Only1Rovers
29/07/2009, 6:16 PM

I think he's been frustrating all season to date. It was noticable how much he's upped his game.

He even put in his first tackle of the season on Sunday evening.

I konw there's a good player in him and look forward to seeing more of it!

srfc1928
03/08/2009, 11:07 AM
In all fairness passions and tensions run high at times, abuse is given between rival fans back and forth thats, just the way football is and why i love it. It will never be cricket, which i am glad about.

Just in case you change your mind;)
http://www.sligochampion.ie/sport/other-sports/new-cricket-club-formed-in-sligo-1847585.html

Shedzer
03/08/2009, 11:15 PM
In regards Morrison, ask yourself who you'd prefer on the wing, Morison OR Cash/Doherty

Id safely say if we played with 12 men and had Cash and Doherty (who is gone i know) on the same wing, together they would create less than Owen

Yes he is frustrating, but he has ability, shows it at times and has tried harder recently also.

The abuse he gets is terrible sometimes.

SligoBrewer
04/08/2009, 6:48 PM
In regards Morrison, ask yourself who you'd prefer on the wing, Morison OR Cash/Doherty.

Cash was quality last night.

rovers100%
04/08/2009, 6:52 PM
ah stop apart from 2 great dribbles that came to nothing he done nothing.

CF1989
05/08/2009, 12:10 AM
ah stop apart from 2 great dribbles that came to nothing he done nothing.

totally disagree.

he worked his socks off and rarely gave away possesion, think possibly a mistake from him leading upto Camano's red card, apart from that i couldnt fault him, fare play to him, playing out of position and not played for a couple of weeks apart from the reserve game

dong
05/08/2009, 8:12 AM
Cash did well in comparison to how he has been playing for the last year which hasn't been the best.

super sub
05/08/2009, 10:03 AM
Firstly I’d like to say that no one can argue that there is an abundance of ability & skill in Owen Morrison. However I would struggle to pick out a handful of games this season where he has consistently performed well in the Rovers shirt.
I think its no coincidence that the turnaround in rovers performances this season compared to last, is due to the fact that we are willing to carry a passenger in each match. Last season the team was based around 11 fit and hardworking players giving 100% to the cause. Last Friday night in Galway was a prime example of Morrison’s season so far. A number of times when he got on the ball in the centre circle he tried to take on 2-3 galway players and lost possession when there was a simple 10 yard pass on out wide. As a result we were left open for the counter attack. This along with his unwillingness to track back his full back surely must be noticed by everyone Rovers supporter. Having seen the criticism Ryan has been given on this forum I for one would definitely prefer to have a player giving 10 yard passes sideways and keeping the ball than Morrison losing the ball on the majority of occasions he gets it, in the off chance that one killer pass will come off in say 20 attempts! I cant imagine the frustration some like O’Grady must be feeling having this player alongside him game after game. Perhaps though Cookie has seen the light as Morrison wasn’t started in the Bohs match. I agree that both Cash and Doherty offered very little in their time with Rovers but I think we now have ready replacements for these and Morrison with the likes of Doyle and Marshall (who looks very promising in the little time he has had on the pitch).
One last point to Da real rover - I sit in the main stand and it is clear to me that the “townies” are just as vocal in their criticism of Morrison as the “buffs” are.