PDA

View Full Version : Bohs v Red Bull

Burnsie
22/07/2009, 10:55 AM
I was planning to head along to this after work. The Bohs site says that the Jodi and Des Kelly stands have sold out... is it worth strolling by later to see if I can get one in the Connaught Street side? Will they take cash at/near the ground?

sonofstan
22/07/2009, 11:00 AM
You will be able to buy tickets for Connaught St. according to this (http://www.bohemians.ie/match/ticket-info/247-bohemian-fc-v-fc-red-bull-salzburg-ticket-information.html)

Duggie
22/07/2009, 11:01 AM
id say so but im sure some bohs fans will be able to tell you.

Schumi
22/07/2009, 11:01 AM
I was planning to head along to this after work. The Bohs site says that the Jodi and Des Kelly stands have sold out... is it worth strolling by later to see if I can get one in the Connaught Street side? Will they take cash at/near the ground?

You should be able to get a ticket at the ground I'd say. The shed only sold out yesterday, I'd be surprised if the Connaught side would sell out in a day.

redobit
22/07/2009, 11:05 AM
Out of interest, what would full capacity be for this?

Schumi
22/07/2009, 11:08 AM
Something like 8,000 from memory.

topia
22/07/2009, 11:11 AM
everyone who can should go along there will be tickets because there are plenty left for connaught st but the more people that are there come kick off the better, the bohs players are going to need every bit of help they can

sonofstan
22/07/2009, 11:15 AM
Something like 8,000 from memory.

Shed capacity reduced a bit - upper rows now out of bounds (you don't want to know what's holding that stand up!) - I'd guess overall capacity is now around 7,000 - Jodi 2,720, DK 1,000 (?), Connaught St. 3,200

passinginterest
22/07/2009, 11:30 AM
More than likely heading along myself. Am I right in thinking it's a 7.30 kick off? I'll head over for 6 ish to make sure I get a ticket and have time for Burdock's.

Schumi
22/07/2009, 11:34 AM
I'm thinking of going too but it'll depend on the weather. There's no way I'm sitting in the rain on the Connaught side.

paul_oshea
22/07/2009, 11:38 AM
I'm thinking of going too but it'll depend on the weather. There's no way I'm sitting in the rain on the Connaught side.

Are you being serious?

passinginterest
22/07/2009, 11:39 AM

I'm bringing a brolly, I'll just stand up the back out of the way with it if needs must, nothing more annoying than a brolly blocking the view at a match.

Schumi
22/07/2009, 11:42 AM
Are you being serious?

Yes. My support for other teams is decidedly fickle. If it was UCD playing, I wouldn't care obviously but I'm not concerned enough about Bohs to get soaked watching them.

The Betting Man
22/07/2009, 11:47 AM
More than likely heading along myself. Am I right in thinking it's a 7.30 kick off? I'll head over for 6 ish to make sure I get a ticket and have time for Burdock's.

Ye its 7.30 Kick off

Raheny Red
22/07/2009, 11:53 AM
Are you being serious?

I take it you have never ventured into the vast and extreme depths of the Connaught Stand?

David
22/07/2009, 11:54 AM
May have been asked elsewhere but any live television coverage of this? Good luck Bohs by the way.

The Betting Man
22/07/2009, 12:00 PM
May have been asked elsewhere but any live television coverage of this? Good luck Bohs by the way.

RTE aint showing it, Austrian tv are so the only way you can watch it is on the net

Buller
22/07/2009, 12:00 PM

Should be. 1st leg was on some internet austrian site - im sure the link will be posted up here again. Our national broadcaster only seem to show gah matches..

micls
22/07/2009, 12:01 PM
Thinking of driving up to this, the joys of summer holidays and having nothing better to do.

kd16
22/07/2009, 12:01 PM
On a side note, what are the odds of getting parking anywhere within about 10 or 15mins of the ground?

paul_oshea
22/07/2009, 12:04 PM
I take it you have never ventured into the vast and extreme depths of the Connaught Stand?

no jodi and des kelly. still though!

David
22/07/2009, 12:07 PM
RTE aint showing it, Austrian tv are so the only way you can watch it is on the net

Seems your local TV down there is nearly as bad as ours up here. This is a massive game for the League Champions of your country and the national broadcaster won't show it. Crazy.

Buller
22/07/2009, 12:08 PM
no jodi and des kelly. still though!

Well its a scary place! It looks just like any other stand but there's no roof so when it rains you get all wet... The lavatory also consists of a wall.

Seems your local TV down there is nearly as bad as ours up here. This is a massive game for the League Champions of your country and the national broadcaster won't show it. Crazy.

Tell me about it! Austrain TV are bringing camera's all the way over and RTE are only down the road. They must be trying to save money on rights...

David
22/07/2009, 12:15 PM
If Bohs do get through do you think coverage will improve for the game against the Croatians? When we played them last year the first leg in Belfast was live on Sky. Main reason for this though was that Croatian TV wanted to cover the game and got Sky to film it for them so Sky then decided to show it. You never know, same could happen again.

topia
22/07/2009, 12:20 PM
Thinking of driving up to this, the joys of summer holidays and having nothing better to do.

fair play to you if you do, good stuff!

SunderlandBohs
22/07/2009, 12:29 PM

I know. Programmes about humpback whales and Africian bees are more important than the League champions playing in the Champions League.

Tickets still available in ticketmaster. But not many!

irishultra
22/07/2009, 12:58 PM
I know. Programmes about humpback whales and Africian bees are more important than the League champions playing in the Champions League.

I love those shows :D Best thing on RTE after Criminal Minds and MNS.;)

woot!! got my ticket for des kelly-what a club bohs is(didnt think they'd keep them for me). oh my god im so nervous right now. the atmosphere is gonna be intense tonight.

niallsparky
22/07/2009, 1:09 PM
On a side note, what are the odds of getting parking anywhere within about 10 or 15mins of the ground?

Yeah, parking is handy enough around Dalyer.

Hairy Bowsie
22/07/2009, 1:18 PM
What time is KO? Only for the chest infection i have i'd have went with my "Yes To Modern Football" 2 stick

dcfcsteve
22/07/2009, 2:45 PM
Only for the chest infection i have i'd have went with my "Yes To Modern Football" 2 stick

Modern football ?!? :confused:

What have you got against the 'uppies' versus the 'downies' New Years Day village battles ? Dozens of young men using fair means and foul to get a ball 20 metres away past an imaginary line on the main square.

On second thoughts, it sounds like Roddy Collins tactical approach to the game. Down with this sort of thing....

iceman
22/07/2009, 2:57 PM
www.live-footy.org (http://www.live-footy.org) are streaming the game live. They had an excellent connection for the 1st leg.
Use this link just before ko http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/wed22.7/Bohemians_Salzburg.html

peadar1987
22/07/2009, 3:29 PM

Hell, according to RTÉ, a bogball game between the Borris-in-Ossory Hunger Strikers and the Monasterevin Martin McGuinnesses is more important than the League Champions playing in the Champions' League.

Boo_Boy
22/07/2009, 3:34 PM
www.live-footy.org (http://www.live-footy.org) are streaming the game live. They had an excellent connection for the 1st leg.
Use this link just before ko http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/wed22.7/Bohemians_Salzburg.html

That excellent connection was my stream out on their site without my permission :rolleyes:.

What you see there is this (http://www.justin.tv/sligofella/old).

Umberside
22/07/2009, 3:36 PM
Austrian Malcolm In The Middle is on at the moment:D

Boo_Boy
22/07/2009, 3:40 PM
Simpson's is not supposed to be watched in Austrian..And of course the football is a few secs from ending when i change the channel..happens every time..

iceman
22/07/2009, 3:48 PM
That excellent connection was my stream out on their site without my permission :rolleyes:.

Still a good connection Boo_Boy thanks.:D

Joey Killester
22/07/2009, 3:52 PM
Modern football ?!? :confused:

Red Bull being a modern Franchise are usually hated by football fans, but since they're playing Bohs...

joema
22/07/2009, 4:21 PM

Fairplay to ya! If I had the money, I'd be there in a shot!

Come on Bohs!!

kdjaC
22/07/2009, 4:46 PM

LOL

So your stealing ORF1s feed without their permission and streaming it on the internet and complaining about someone putting a link to your stream on their site.

Class :D

joema
22/07/2009, 5:16 PM
LOL

So your stealing ORF1s feed without their permission and streaming it on the internet and complaining about someone putting a link to your stream on their site.

Haha! Was thinking the same! "Class" just about sums it up perfectly! Fairplay!

Some neck on him :p :)

CuanaD
22/07/2009, 5:25 PM
Just heading down to the match now - tickets for Connaght side - bringing some of the kids & a big umbrella!:D

Fingers crossed for Bohs:ball:

Boo_Boy
22/07/2009, 5:42 PM
LOL

Am i asking for money for it?

No, but live-footy are. I'm just streaming it for you guys.

Putting it on their site is ok, but asking for money for it to cover 'hosting costs' is BS.