PDA

View Full Version : O’Riordan remains quiet with regards signing new players

A face
30/01/2004, 6:05 PM
O’Riordan remains quiet with regards signing new players

Sligo Rovers boss Don O’Riordan remained tight-lipped this week as he eyed several more signings for the coming eircom League First Division season.

“I’m still trying to keep my cards close to my chest on that,” he said yesterday [Monday]. “Hopefully, though, we are coming a long way to having the squad we need,” he continued.
“We have to bring in new blood. We need to shake things up a bit, but we’re working on it.”

During the week, Rovers signed Alvin Rauss, a 6’ 3” tall net-minder from Barbados, to add a much-needed goalkeeper to the squad following the loss of Ciaran Kelly, who signed for Derry City last month.

Read more at www.sligoweekender.ie (http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=16254)

TheRealRovers
30/01/2004, 6:50 PM
:rolleyes:

A face
30/01/2004, 7:07 PM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
:rolleyes:

Why so because ??

gustavo
30/01/2004, 7:11 PM
probably because 11 players left a mediocre squad and only one has joined and he was a replacement rather than an attempt to improve the squad

TheRealRovers
30/01/2004, 7:22 PM
The team were back training this week and only a couple new players signed. I know these things take time but we badly need 4 or 5 more players if we want to go up.

I saw Alvin Rauss when Barbados DF played us at the end of last season he looked good but came off with an injury. I don't know how he will cope with the weather in the northwest

gustavo
30/01/2004, 8:07 PM
well miller and williams seem to have coped well so sure give him the benifit of the doubt:)