PDA

View Full Version : Carr for Newcastle

finlma
30/01/2004, 11:34 AM
According to BBC radio Stevie Carr is set to join Newcastle. I think it's a good move for him. Spurs are a team going nowhere.

John83
30/01/2004, 11:39 AM
There's been no official bid for him, so for now this is just a rumour. And it's not like transfer rumours involving Carr are anything new.

Bowsy
30/01/2004, 12:27 PM
This ones fairly persistant though. Would be an all round winner for Irish fans. Carr gets possible Champions league football and Steve Kelly walks into right full as a ready made replacement.

finlma
30/01/2004, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by John83
There's been no official bid for him, so for now this is just a rumour. And it's not like transfer rumours involving Carr are anything new.

I never knew you were on the Tottenham board of directors John83. Do you think all clubs announce all "official" bids? According to the radio they've made an offer from the money they got from the Solano and Cort deals.

Ozymandias
30/01/2004, 1:22 PM
I'd say Carr is gong alright ...it will mean the club can keep both Keane and Kanoute and also have th money to get Robinson and milner....Spurs aren't gonna risk losing Carr on a free to the ***** cross the town.

John83
30/01/2004, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by finlma
I never knew you were on the Tottenham board of directors John83. Do you think all clubs announce all "official" bids? According to the radio they've made an offer from the money they got from the Solano and Cort deals.
Feyenoord announced that Arsenal actually made a bid for van Persie. I don't see him in England.

Declan_Michael
30/01/2004, 2:28 PM
seems like a level transfer to me. Newcastle are no different to spurs.

finlma
30/01/2004, 2:41 PM
Originally posted by Declan_Michael

Newcastle generally make it into Europe and sometimes the Champions League. Spurs sometimes make it to the 5th round of the FA Cup and the top half of the table.
I have to agree, definately level.
Carr would be much better off leaving Spurs for Newcastle

tiktok
30/01/2004, 2:43 PM

Newcastle are a far better outift, if he was to move he'll have european football straight away, and they've consistently appeared in europe over the last few years. good manager, good support and a good style of play.
better for ireland to have carr there, he looks bored at spurs in any case, he's not performed well for a while, a new challenge would do him good.

Peadar
30/01/2004, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
Newcastle are a far better outift

It's soooo cold up there though and the Scottish lánger on Big Brother a while back said Newcastle was full of slags :D

Declan_Michael
30/01/2004, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
Newcastle are a far better outift, if he was to move he'll have european football straight away, and they've consistently appeared in europe over the last few years. good manager, good support and a good style of play.
better for ireland to have carr there, he looks bored at spurs in any case, he's not performed well for a while, a new challenge would do him good.

They've got support and good facilities granted. However they are still struggling for silverwear.

Saw Spurs played on Sunday and it was good to see Doherty, Keane and Carr get a run out.

Maybe Carr can teach Andy O'Brien a few tricks

:)

Peadar
30/01/2004, 3:38 PM

Maybe Carr can teach Andy O'Brien a few tricks

So long as O'Brien doesn't teach Carr how to score own goals and get sent off :D

Jon'o
30/01/2004, 4:31 PM
people are saying that andy reid is going to charlton - linking up with matt holland in midfeild and dean kiley in goal.

curbishley is a good manager so hopefuly reid will be able to progress there

Slash/ED
30/01/2004, 5:11 PM
Originally posted by Jon'o
people are saying that andy reid is going to charlton - linking up with matt holland in midfeild and dean kiley in goal.

curbishley is a good manager so hopefuly reid will be able to progress there

That one makes alot of sense, what with Charlton loseing their best mid fielder and getting no less then 10m for their troubles. Would be another good deal for us.

tiktok
30/01/2004, 7:32 PM
that would be good for both reid and Ireland. a solid club who play decent football under an excellent manager.
Reid would get a regular game in the premiership, all positives

the scout
30/01/2004, 8:17 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
on Big Brother a while back said Newcastle was full of slags :D

like theres hardly any of them in london like ;)