PDA

View Full Version : New Signings

SRFCbrothelutd
20/07/2009, 1:50 PM
So Lads,
with a few new signings now in whats our strongest 11 and in what positions for a cruical 2nd half to the season. Where do we play Boco & Raf etc....

redobit
20/07/2009, 2:11 PM
brush
keane ventre peers kendrick
boco o'grady morrison
raf
blinkhorn turner

Raf or morrison behing the front 2

Rovers1
20/07/2009, 2:19 PM
Brush, Keane, Ventre, Peers, Kendrick, Doyle/Morrison, O' Grady, Boco, Raf, Blinkhorn and Turner. (4-4-2)

Cook seems to prefer 4-4-2 in the majority of his games, can't see him changing

sligofan4ever
20/07/2009, 2:50 PM
-----------Brush-----------------
Keane--Ventre--Peers--Kendrick
Morrison--O'Grady--Boco--Marshall/Doyle
---------Raf-----Blinkhorn---------

srfc1928
20/07/2009, 6:04 PM
Lads, i see that everyone obviously has Peers in their line up,
but how is his injury and how far is Parkhouse from returning :ball:

sligoman
20/07/2009, 6:08 PM
Lads, i see that everyone obviously has Peers in their line up,
but how is his injury and how far is Parkhouse from returning :ball:Cook said Peers will be back for the Pat's game. Not sure about Parkhouse but he shouldn't be too far away at this stage.

Rovers Maniac
20/07/2009, 6:52 PM
Heard parkhouse could e out for the season, Peers meant to be back this weekend.

sligoman
20/07/2009, 6:56 PM
Heard parkhouse could e out for the seasonI know that's what it was originally thought but Cook said at that forum in Coolaney last month that it wasn't as bad as first feared and that he should be back in a few weeks.

Rovers Maniac
20/07/2009, 7:04 PM
I know that's what it was originally thought but Cook said at that forum in Coolaney last month that it wasn't as bad as first feared and that he should be back in a few weeks.

Good stuff we need all players back fit.

rob mcdonald
20/07/2009, 7:21 PM
Time to bite the bullet here and pay him off. With the financial state of things if we could come to some arrangement better off in the long term

rovers100%
20/07/2009, 7:33 PM
its a tough one as we have not seen enough of him to say whether he's worth keepin or not but he has never set the league alight in the past and it looks like we have got 2 big forwards in now. if hes gonna struggle for fitness maybe best option payin him off he would prob get another club anyways.

red arrow
20/07/2009, 8:09 PM
ryan is defo out for the season

rovers100%
20/07/2009, 8:12 PM
whats up with him ?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
20/07/2009, 8:40 PM
its a tough one as we have not seen enough of him to say whether he's worth keepin or not but he has never set the league alight in the past and it looks like we have got 2 big forwards in now. if hes gonna struggle for fitness maybe best option payin him off he would prob get another club anyways.

We're really going to get players to join us going forward if we kick players out the moment they get injured.

I'd hold onto Parkhouse. Was beginning to settle in before he got injured I thought.

rovers100%
20/07/2009, 8:49 PM
see how long the club wil survive if keep paying players out injured. butler all year and parkhouse goin down the same road, richie ryan out for season as well as missed a month or so at start. it may not be fair but the club financially is on a shoe string and can we survive paying players who are out on long term injuries plus i doubt very much parkhouse will be a regular in starting 11. nothing personal against the lad but the money isnt there in the country or league anymore unfortunately

dong
21/07/2009, 8:07 AM
We're really going to get players to join us going forward if we kick players out the moment they get injured.

I'd hold onto Parkhouse. Was beginning to settle in before he got injured I thought.

Brian Cowen's at it again...........
I thought this type of talk was banned!!!!!:D

SRFCbrothelutd
23/07/2009, 3:37 PM
Lads, with all the comings and goings i make that 8 new signings
Joe Kendrick
Eoin Doyle
Martin Camano
Dean Marshall
Ger Rafter
Mathew Blinkhorn
Rob Turner
Michael McGrath

wow we've along way from not been able to fill a bench recently.
So whats our strongest 11 now?

Rovers fan
23/07/2009, 3:52 PM
So whats our strongest 11 now?

Brush
Keane
Peers
Ventre/Camano(If he's good)/rafter
Kendrick
Flanagan
O'grady
Boco
Morrison
Blinkhorn
Cretaro

1st time post
23/07/2009, 4:09 PM
Brush
Keane
Peers
Ventre/Camano(If he's good)/rafter
Kendrick
Flanagan
O'grady
Boco
Morrison
Blinkhorn
Cretaro

who??

Rovers1
23/07/2009, 4:10 PM
who??

Jim Flanagan.... sheeeesh!:eek:

rob mcdonald
23/07/2009, 4:10 PM
Brendan Flanagan, Dentist from Wine St also plays centre half!!!!!

1st time post
23/07/2009, 4:13 PM
Actual answer??!!!

dong
23/07/2009, 4:35 PM
I hope these additions can see us through. A successful season now would be to avoid the drop. A long way from what we'd hoped but that's the reality of the situation now.
Looking forward to seeing these in action. Won't be this weekend due to Sunday night kick off unfortunately.

showgies
23/07/2009, 5:28 PM
Anyone hear that Holmes is gone?

rovers100%
23/07/2009, 5:44 PM
heard it myself, how true i dont know. he started brightly but lot of errors recently. maybe keohane a better prospect

red arrow
23/07/2009, 9:50 PM
holmes is gone. he served us reasonably well. good luck to him in the future

CarrickFan
23/07/2009, 9:59 PM

Really?..why was he let go?..i take it Kendrick will play left back then so?..i hope so beacuse personally i dont think any of the young players that have played this season are ready for continued first team action.

sligofan4ever
23/07/2009, 10:03 PM
Really?..why was he let go?..i take it Kendrick will play left back then so?..i hope so beacuse personally i dont think any of the young players that have played this season are ready for continued first team action.

I have to disagree with you there, i think Keohane will be a great player for us, bar the Drogheda game a few weeks ago hes done very well for us. Torpey hasnt done to bad for us either, and hes very young aswell.

showgies
23/07/2009, 11:18 PM

Hmmmm! your smiley seems to suggest you are been sarcastic by stating "served us reasonably well" - Shaun was out of his depth at this level. I can only think that Cookie got him as a cheap short term fix for left back in the hope that Butler would recover sooner.

In his defence, he must have played around 20+ games for us and scored twice.......we had strikers who have played twice that and scored half that.

Best of luck Shaun

CarrickFan
23/07/2009, 11:21 PM
I have to disagree with you there, i think Keohane will be a great player for us, bar the Drogheda game a few weeks ago hes done very well for us. Torpey hasnt done to bad for us either, and hes very young aswell.

Don't get me wrong..i like Keohane as a player and think he WILL be a good player for us in the future,his distribution and decision making will improve with experience..also agree Torpey looks like a good prospect...not so sure about Noctor to be Honest.and i would need to see Kelly a few more times before i'd comment..my point was i don't think these players would keep us up and it would'nt be fair to expect them to at this stage ot their careers so thats why i hope Kendrick does well and was wondering about Holmes...the back 4 has been our major weakness this season...god we need Gavin back..i hope this Spanish lad is good!!

whiteagle
29/07/2009, 2:11 PM
Holmes is gone but left because he also had another club set up already near his home in DERRY .. he has a family and job in derry so makes sense plus kendrick will take his place ..