PDA

View Full Version : Date for Rovers game

lefty
19/07/2009, 12:08 PM
Has there been a date set yet for the rovers match. I know its down as the weekend of the 14-16th but has a day been set, im heading away for my yearly alcoholidays on sunday the 16th so im looking to see if i can get to the game

Schumi
19/07/2009, 12:15 PM
Most likely the Saturday I'd say.

HarpoJoyce
19/07/2009, 2:33 PM
A venue hasn't being confirmed yet either.
Most likely choice at the moment is Tolka Park. They've played their last league game there, we've played and beaten them twice there in the FAI Cup and Shels are not playing that weekend so it's available for a cup game.
Going by Insistant Message Board Intelligent and Considered Invaluable Logically Enviroment then it's Tolka.

John83
05/08/2009, 5:20 PM
Finn's suspension counts for this game, right? I think someone said that the other night, but he wasn't suspended for the league cup semi, so I'm a little confused.

Schumi
05/08/2009, 5:30 PM
The suspension list was only released today so the ban couldn't start before that.

HarpoJoyce
05/08/2009, 6:13 PM
Robbie creevy "..did his quad" which does not mean he pranged his vechicle into a sanddune. It's actual more serious than that. He may be out for up to six months.

Mulhall may duck under the suspension dates.

Who's going to this one?

DmanDmythDledge
05/08/2009, 6:20 PM
Tickets on sale from Rovers' club shop in Tallaght.
http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/905-fai-cup-match-tickets-on-sale-

Schumi
05/08/2009, 7:37 PM
Mulhall may duck under the suspension dates.
He probably will. He's out of the Athlone game automatically and the next list won't be out before next weekend afaik.

mypost
05/08/2009, 8:27 PM
A venue hasn't being confirmed yet either.
Most likely choice at the moment is Tolka Park. They've played their last league game there, we've played and beaten them twice there in the FAI Cup and Shels are not playing that weekend so it's available for a cup game.

:rolleyes:

pineapple stu
06/08/2009, 8:42 AM
Tickets on sale from Rovers' club shop in Tallaght.
http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/905-fai-cup-match-tickets-on-sale-
Or contact Dick Shakespeare. Shouldn't sell out though, given season tickets aren't valid. But if you want to be safe, you can get tickets through UCD.

lefty
09/08/2009, 4:01 PM
I'll be going, unless it sells out for some reason

HarpoJoyce
09/08/2009, 7:51 PM
Or contact Dick Shakespeare. Shouldn't sell out though, given season tickets aren't valid. But if you want to be safe, you can get tickets through UCD.

Dick is on 'Hallidays' so that's not the safest route to secure tickets.
shamrock rovers are selling concession tickets through their shop.
UCD will have tickets later on in the week.

HarpoJoyce
15/08/2009, 11:18 PM
the home side deserved their win, they controlled more of the game than we did. But my there are gaps in both teams. Both keepers were let down by the defence in front of them. Kilduff went through the defence and around Murphy like he wasn't there and buried the ball in the top of the net. But UCD let shamrocks into the game and they scored with their first shot on target with the UCD defence standing off and letting Baker score from three yards. And it was nice to see Kavanagh have a shot and score from the edge of the box with rovers second shot on target.
UCD heads dropped and there wasn't much service to Kilduff, Mulhall and D. McMillan. Baker scored after half-time with Brennan having to come of his goal to close him down. Rusty put on McMahon and ward and took off Reilly and D.McMillan. They got a little bit more progress the pitch, the pressre got to Murphy when he was forced to handle outside the box to prevent a UCD goal. Alan Kelly bottled the red and only showed the goalie the yellow. With the free kick just over the bar. Alot of huffing and puffing from UCD who were the only side interested in attacking until a break-away from shamrocks had Billy Brennan fouling the forward while trying to get the ball. One yellow and penalty decision later and Brennan superbly saved motm Dessie Baker. Not his first penalty save this season either.
Positive points included Shane Robinson didn't act as much of a thug as he did the last time he played UCD. Towelie made an appearance.
Stuff I learnt, Sean O'Connor is as poor as ever. The translucent blue roof on the far side will look great when it's complete. Billy Brennan is a legend and Barry Murphy is a cheat.
Whatever abot the merits of UCD's goalkeppers (Ger Barron and Billy Brennan) they are not cheats.