PDA

View Full Version : Zlatan

irishultra
18/07/2009, 9:08 PM
Do you think he will be a success at Barca? I think he's awesome :D

Sometimes its weird to think he's Swedish.

De Town
18/07/2009, 9:23 PM
The most over-rated footballer in the world, in my opinion. And no, I think Eto'o is a far better player, Inter are doing well for themselves out of this deal.

Sheridan
18/07/2009, 9:25 PM
Bizarre deal IMO, Inter have easily got the best of it.

irishultra
18/07/2009, 9:39 PM
The most over-rated footballer in the world, in my opinion. And no, I think Eto'o is a far better player, Inter are doing well for themselves out of this deal.

25 goals in Serie A last season?

But I agree Inter are doing well, didn't they get Hleb as well as part of the deal.

gustavo
18/07/2009, 9:52 PM
If it was player for player I would have said Barca had perhaps gotten the better of the deal but with the extra money involved I have to say Inter have done well there

Dodge
18/07/2009, 10:00 PM
Himself and tevez the two most over rated players in football. Strange signing for barcelona. He's known to have problems with other players/managers and he seems completely at odds with guardiola's ethos

bennocelt
19/07/2009, 1:38 PM
Zlaton = waste of space

TheBoss
19/07/2009, 2:16 PM
I think he is one best strikers in the world, he has pace, strength, finishing and has the ability to do awesome things, I think people are basing their opinions on him via pundits like Andy Gray, they do not see him every week and base his performances against the really top teams in the Champions League, you could do that with all top players and see that they also do not have much of an impact in those games either. It is unfair to base him on that.

old git
19/07/2009, 3:24 PM

have to agree with you ... how on earth did barcelona agree to swop eto'o plus pay 35 million and hleb on a one year loan :confused::confused:

stojkovic
19/07/2009, 11:00 PM
Agree also.

Ibrahimalazybitch is most over-rated striker in World. Closely followed by Luca Toni and Trezequet.

Dodge
19/07/2009, 11:35 PM
base his performances against the really top teams in the Champions League, you could do that with all top players and see that they also do not have much of an impact in those games either. It is unfair to base him on that.

That is exactly the level people should be judging a €40 million plus player

If he can't perform at the that level, then he shouldn't be signing for the world's biggest clubs

endabob1
20/07/2009, 8:03 AM
I think his game suits Serie A but he hasn't cut it in the CL against the best teams & I think he may well flop in La Liga.
That said I see the logic in buying him, he is a very clever player with a great first touch & I would expect to see him as the spear of a 3 pronged attack with Messi & Henry providing the pace either side.

ifk101
20/07/2009, 8:35 AM
Zlatan is clearly one of the best strikers in Europe. Nobody gets to play for top clubs like Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan and attract the interests of Barcelona if they can't play the game.

With regards to Eto'o; looks like Barcelona are trying to get rid of him asap for whatever reason. Maybe they should contact Man City if they're in such a rush.

DeLorean
20/07/2009, 9:59 AM
Ibrahimovic has never impressed me but then I don't see any Serie A where he clearly does his best work. Find it very strange that Barcelona would go for this type of player anyway. With Eto'o, Messi and Henry Barca's attacking 3 were all about pace and skill and I'm not sure if Ibrahimovic will suit the system at all.

Oink
20/07/2009, 11:40 AM
The valuation is crazy but he is a very good player, he has pace, a clinical finish, bags of skill and is very strong. I can see why Barca want him as he will fit their team very well. I'm not a massive fan because I think he is a complete c*nt but there is no denying his ability and track record.

People always have a hard time forming their opinions on talent alone.

Closed Account 2
20/07/2009, 5:58 PM
He's a good player, but I think they would have been far better signing a less troublesome one. Edin Dzeko, Vedad Ibisevic, Goran Pandev, Ismaël Bangoura and even Dennis Oliech are all great players who are bit younger than Ibrahimovic. I also think Ibrahimovic lacks a degree of pace and is fairly frequently injury prone, in Euro 2008 he played all the Swedish matches at around 50% fitness. The trouble is his lack of pace but physical strength means teams (who he plays for) tend to adopt their game to suit him (basically crossing lots of balls in (e.g. Inter with Maicon, Maxwell) or if they dont have pacy wing backs / wingers just playing long ball - like the Swedish national team). If he plays for Barca and then gets injured it could create massive problems as they try and re-adjust their system to play either Gudjohnson or even Bojan as the out and out striker (assuming Messi and Henry will play as wingers / withdrawn strikers)...

Inter have signed Milito and I think he will be a great striker for them next season, I think he will play more than Eto'o.

shakermaker1982
20/07/2009, 6:50 PM
Martin O'Neil wasn't too complimentary about him at the last WC if I recall correctly but I do know one thing...........he is **** hot in Fifa 09!!!

Razors left peg
20/07/2009, 7:22 PM
Think Im right in saying he has never scored a goal in the knockout stages of the Champions league. The guy is a bottler that goes missing when he is really needed at the highest level. Whoever negotiated this deal for Inter deserves 100 times the salary he is being paid

TheBoss
20/07/2009, 10:53 PM
That is exactly the level people should be judging a €40 million plus player

If he can't perform at the that level, then he shouldn't be signing for the world's biggest clubs

Why are defenders bought then ?, they are bought to stop attackers from scoring, that is why in the big matches, the best players generally never perform, cause the defenses are always difficult to break down, look at Ronaldo @ 80m, did nothing in the CL Final and yet Madrid still want to buy him.

Dodge
20/07/2009, 11:10 PM
Why are defenders bought then ?, they are bought to stop attackers from scoring, that is why in the big matches, the best players generally never perform, cause the defenses are always difficult to break down, look at Ronaldo @ 80m, did nothing in the CL Final and yet Madrid still want to buy him.

So only mediocre players perform at the highest level

Strangest logic ever...

TheBoss
21/07/2009, 12:21 AM
What determines a top player is what they do over the season as a whole rather than these games against the top teams, teams need their top players to perform every week if possible, it is harder to perform in the hard games. Strikers especially, they hardly ever have great games against the top teams, it is usually the midfield that we see the players quality.

DeLorean
21/07/2009, 1:14 PM
I think there are a lot of people judging him with very little knowledge. The odd game for Sweden at major finals and the last 16 of the Champs Lge where they're playing a team much stronger than Inter. It seems pretty obvious that he does the business in Serie A and although he's never impressed me he must be doing something right.