PDA

View Full Version : LTFC vs Mervue

RonnieB
18/07/2009, 12:50 PM
Right then if ever there is a must win game then this is it. We need to get maximum points from this and put another three points between us and an improving Kildare.

McKenna might start up front tonight so it will be interesting to see who will partner him.

I am also pleased to announce I will be wearing a nice fashionable piece of duct tape over my gob ;)

Martinho II
18/07/2009, 4:30 PM
Right then if ever there is a must win game then this is it. We need to get maximum points from this and put another three points between us and an improving Kildare.

McKenna might start up front tonight so it will be interesting to see who will partner him.

I am also pleased to announce I will be wearing a nice fashionable piece of duct tape over my gob ;)

now thats a first ronnie! ;) I could do with one myself at present considering the stick I get these days...

De Town
18/07/2009, 6:53 PM
now thats a first ronnie! ;) I could do with one myself at present considering the stick I get these days...

Jaysus Marty will ya get over it!

RonnieB
18/07/2009, 9:26 PM
Won 3-0 should have been 6. Happy with the three points.

Keen2win
18/07/2009, 9:45 PM
1st half we we could have been winning 6-0. Some of the football was fantastic, the boys had to check to see that they were really drinking Coke:D 2nd half, we just strolled through and if Mervue were anyway decent the might have pulled a few back! No chance of us finishing last!

christo
19/07/2009, 1:14 PM
Mervue really have to pull their socks up if they want to stay competitive, they've conceded 19 goals in the last 4 games (7 of them against Kildare and Longford)

Longfordian
19/07/2009, 1:25 PM
It really should have been a lot more last night as well, I think I counted five missed definite goal chances. Glynn was clean through on goals three times and missed, McKenna and Murphy both had great chances as well. McKenna made a big difference to us last night. Great display as a target man. That said Mervue in the first half were even worse than Kildare were when they came up here and that was when they were really bad. They look a bit demoralised.

Martinho II
19/07/2009, 6:38 PM
Jaysus Marty will ya get over it!

I have bein sarcastic a lot lately but that changed last night with the result. Adrian Murphy had a good game on the wing in the first half . I actually think that is his best position in the team. McKenna impressed on his second coming. Its a great confidence booster for tuesday night.

by the way Longford Town Fans lost 3-1 to Athlone Town fans in the second pitch in Lissywoolen earlier today. We had two new signings playing today: our Goalscoring Coach Damon Kearney and ex Longford Town player Derek Jordan who scored a great goal for us. Despite the scoreline there was nothin between both teams..

RonnieB
19/07/2009, 10:20 PM
Despite the scoreline there was nothin between both teams..

except for two goals.

Massop 10
19/07/2009, 10:47 PM
Two goals and a "Referee ???" :)

Martinho II
20/07/2009, 5:49 PM
Two goals and a "Referee ???" :)

apprently this was a loi ref doenst make sense to me...:(

atfconline
20/07/2009, 8:47 PM
He was on the line for the Under-20's game that was on beforehand. What doesn't make sense?

Martinho II
21/07/2009, 4:19 PM
He was on the line for the Under-20's game that was on beforehand. What doesn't make sense?

his decision making for starters.. we had two dodgy offsides when clearly on both occasions we were definitly onside..:eek: