PDA

View Full Version : drogheda match

naoise kennedy
17/07/2009, 4:38 PM
Hopefully we can play like we did last week again tonight, no silly defensive mistakes and we could get a win...

naoise kennedy
17/07/2009, 8:39 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss a win..

Grey Boy
17/07/2009, 9:05 PM
Thank God! Looking at the Extra time site, sounds like we were seriously under the cosh for all the second half. We have another big one next week. I think the aim still has to be fourth from bottom at this stage and by the reports coming from their game Galway had a major wobble tonight, should be an interesting/nailbiting one on Friday. Paddy started so hopefully that will draw a line under that and we can play/support our team and manager for the long struggle ahead. The team is far more important than any individual.

superfrank
17/07/2009, 9:10 PM
Delighted with a win. I honestly didn't see it coming so fair play to them for doing it.

naoise kennedy
17/07/2009, 9:26 PM
Fantastic win, did'nt sound to good on the extratime site, sounds like we were under alot of pressure but fair play we did'nt crack. Good to get this win with galway next week it could be 2 in a row..

Roo69
19/07/2009, 7:40 PM
Massive 3 points for us on Friday night :D The 2nd half seemed to go on forever and apart from a few break aways we did't get out of our own half but in saying that Skippy only had 1 really good save to make, a header straight him and then a clearence off the line. For all the ball Drogheda had they never looked like carving us open.

As for McCabe's goal, superb strike from 30 or so yards that left the Drogheda keeper no chance at all :ball:

Hulsey
19/07/2009, 8:03 PM
Revenge for the game at the Carlisile when we dominated but for all our possession couldn't score. Can't wait to see the own goal tomorrow on mns. Frank Sinclair would have been proud of that one :D
Vital we build on the result by beating Galway on Friday

lowflyingseagul
20/07/2009, 10:02 PM
super frank sinclair.

peadar1987
23/07/2009, 1:12 PM
We need a good result on Friday alright. I probably shouldn't turn up, seeing as the only two home games I've missed this season have been Pat's and Sligo!